PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year Gotwooters! (2015 edition)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-01-2015, 12:18 AM
This year I'm going to try to get buff.

No joke. Let's see how far I get.

Abdula
Thu, 01-01-2015, 02:06 AM
Happy New Year Buff and my fellow GW denizens. Good luck with that goal Bill. I suppose I should think of some worthy goals myself.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-01-2015, 02:17 AM
Akemashite Omedetou!

My goal for this year (new year's resolution), which I actually started since Monday (2 days ago), is to stop being an alcoholic. I've been ethanol-free for the past 3 days. I'm managing my insomnia with antihistamine capsules. I'm not getting nearly enough sleep, but at least I haven't been as depressed as I was just days before. Oddly enough, alcohol, which I previously used to self-medicate depression, has been partly causing it, apparently.

It seems my new more hopeful outlook after giving up alcohol abuse (not alcohol itself, I intend to drink on occasion as soon as I am free of the habit) is easing my depression. I didn't think it would work like that. I'm guessing the challenge of overcoming the dependency (not really addiction because I'm not experiencing any physical withdrawal symptoms) is lifting my mood. I've always looked forward to testing myself before, but I sort of gave up on that after several life hurdles that almost tripped me up. This seems like my return to that path.

Edort4
Thu, 01-01-2015, 05:52 AM
Happy New Year!! I hope you guys had a blast last night and that the rest of this year is at least as great (or not bad at least). My goal should be to find a suitable goal.

Penner
Thu, 01-01-2015, 08:22 AM
Happy New Year!

This year I'm going to try to get buff.

No joke. Let's see how far I get.

Same here. I just found out that they are opening a new gym in February that's like within a minutes walk from where i live, so that's going to be awesome.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2015, 10:50 AM
My new year's resolution is to make no resolutions since they don't tend to pan out. I will keep working out and try to get out more to meet more people and experience more of life.

vejita613
Thu, 01-01-2015, 06:30 PM
Happy New Year!

My resolution is to do the same things that I've been doing every year before.

Alhuin
Thu, 01-01-2015, 11:20 PM
I'm going to try and eat/drink healthier. That seems easy enough.

If possible, I'd like to finally get my A+ certification so I can get out of retail. But that takes time and money, both of which I don't have, so I'm probably doomed.

David75
Fri, 01-02-2015, 02:21 AM
Happy new year Wooters!

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-02-2015, 05:23 AM
my resolutions:
1. get more social.
1.a drink and smoke more (already working on it).
1.b reduce the amount of substance abuse(after completing stage 1.a).

2. finish my thesis.
3. find an adult job.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 01-02-2015, 06:29 AM
Being a stripper accomplishes 1, 1a and 3.

Alhuin
Fri, 01-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Being a stripper accomplishes 1, 1a and 3.

I second and support this idea.

MFauli
Mon, 01-05-2015, 03:02 PM
happy new year everyone!!1

My resolutions:

1.) Finally stopping being overweight. I should be at 100kg at around March/April. When I reach 90kg, Ill see if I can get a skin removal surgery.

2.) Successfully finishing my current education (becoming an optician). Final test is in May/June. Should be no problems if I dont screw up.

3.) Going back to university at the end of the year. Giving Japanese another, serious try.

4.) Getting myself a cute girlfriend. Heavily working on it as Im speaking, but lotta things can go wrong her. Im so incompetent with girls :(

Death BOO Z
Tue, 01-06-2015, 01:49 PM
good luck on all those!

rockmanj
Fri, 01-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Good Luck with your goals everyone! Mine is pretty simple: learn how to swim (I am very afraid of water, yet I enjoy boat rides). I guess I also plan to be fluent in both French and Spanish by the spring as well.

Assertn
Sun, 01-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Nice! I'd say getting abs is my resolution, but I kinda started working on that last fall. I've lost about 15 lbs and I'm at around 9-10% body fat, so it's coming along well, I think.