PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 674

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-14-2014, 04:02 AM
674 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=634352)

---------------------------------------

Christ, this episode was just worst.

It managed to be aggrevating, cheesy AND boring all at once.

Kraco
Sun, 12-14-2014, 05:16 AM
I skipped a big part of it. A totally useless episode.

Isn't the slime geezer a logia user? Usopp should have seen the kind enough not to get ahead of himself and start celebrating. In any case he should logically forget the slime as much as possible and concentrate on Sugar. That's the mission, after all. But then again, like was said before, Usopp could have ended this whole fiasco even before it really began, being a sniper, so I guess it's fruitless to look for logic here.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 12-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Usopp really didn't learn anything these past 2 years. He's the same unreliable coward with some new moves.
This episode reminded me how much I hate his fights. First he runs away, then he will do his desperate fight speech and he will win by pure luck.
I really hoped he changed a bit after the 2 year gap.
It's not only him, but the other 3 cowards of the crew as well.

In ways of storytelling, it's lazy. Have the balls to make your main characters grow during the series.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-15-2014, 12:09 PM
It's true. I think One Piece's characters have actually become more flanderized and one-dimensional as the series has progressed.

Remember when Zoro used to actually have some characterization beyond "guy that sleeps and gets lost"?

Kraco
Mon, 12-15-2014, 01:35 PM
Remember when Zoro used to actually have some characterization beyond "guy that sleeps and gets lost"?

Hmm... Not really. Whenever he happens to get more screentime, it feels like there's more to him than sleeping, training to become the strongest swordsman, and getting lost. However, when he does get as little time as during this arc, since this is about the lost kingdom and the people relavant to it, he's exactly as 1D as he is in reality. His backstory isn't really any deeper than that either, compared to the likes of Nami, Robin, or Tony, for example. Not to mention Luffy who's got the D, knows lots of great men, both dead and alive, and is the figurehead in general.

Nothing changes the fact Zoro is my favourite character of the bunch, though. I don't dislike focused characters. I also like the very rare moments when he decides to act like a vice-captain.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Pssh...Vice Captain. That's not even a thing! The term is First Mate!