PDA

View Full Version : Game suggestions anyone?

kmkze04
Fri, 12-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Hi guys, so as everyone knows who goes to addictinggames, armorgames, whatever flash games, android and etc games, pretty much everything is spinoffs of the same popular stuff and I'm getting kind of bored with weeding through it all so I'd like some suggestions. I'm looking for a strategy type game with base building, character customization (of self and teammates, preferably, but self only is okay), reality survival type with food water medical etc... so far I've found The Last Stand: Dead Zone to be close to the top, but once you hit the top that's pretty much it, it doesn't have a high replay value to me but it has most of the core values of what I'm looking for. Other ones that come to mind: Rebuild 2, and I like actually things like the mini-games from Breath of Fire where you have fairies or ants working up a colony... and I always find myself going back and playing games like Lords of the Realm 2, X-COM Interceptor, Stronghold, Fallout Tactics, I really enjoyed Total Annihilation vs C&C/Crafts for the fact you could set repair bots on a repair patrol so healing became automated... I don't enjoy Starcraft or the new C&Cs just because it gets too complicated with all the options and commands, you can't really just "coach" your team and let it play itself out. I like to interact with the game a bit, then watch it go for a bit with minimal interaction, just kind of enjoy seeing the fruits of my setup work, if that makes sense. Anyone got something? Thanks in advance to anyone that reads through my picky-ass request.

Animeniax
Fri, 12-12-2014, 06:53 AM
Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Marik
Fri, 12-12-2014, 08:09 AM
^ I have to throw in my support for Dragon Age: Inquisition also. Great game! I picked up the Deluxe Edition during Best Buy's buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Animeniax
Fri, 12-12-2014, 08:13 AM
^ I have to throw in my support for Dragon Age: Inquisition also. Great game! I picked up the Deluxe Edition during Best Buy's buy 2 get 1 free sale.

Nice! Target had a similar b2g3 sale but I couldn't come up with 3 games I wanted to buy.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Base-building?

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a great game, but it isn't what you're looking for. Base-building is extremely limited, and you are either playing your protagonist ignoring everything else or micromanaging your characters.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown with Enemy Within expansion. Bear in mind that it is not the original XCOMs. It is a spiritual successor, and while it has some flaws (mostly the combat RNG and cheap ways you lose nations, again the fault of the RNG), it is a solid game in its own right.

Also, give Divinity: Original Sin a look. It is very much the most classic RPG to come out in decades.

animus
Fri, 12-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Yeah I haven't had much time to play Dragon Age: Inquisition (probably only like 30 hours into it) but it's really good. The base building is limited but man it really reminded me of the Suikoden series and I absolutely fucking love those games.

Animeniax
Sat, 12-13-2014, 07:55 PM
The Stronghold series is awesome for base-building. I think it was recently released in HD edition.