PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 673

Kraco
Sun, 12-07-2014, 05:57 AM
Episode 673 - HS

- - -- - -- - --

It's annoying that Usopp is still such a big loser. During the fake Straw hats and fishman arcs it seemed, at times, like he had acquired a backbone, but now he's pretty much the same as he was prior to the time skip: He does nothing at all but gawk and shiver in terror. By the looks of it he will run in the next episode, leaving Robin and everybody behind. I suppose we will have an episode or two of flashbacks as Usopp remembers the heroics of the miniatures and his own cowardice. Then he obviously will fight. This is all so useless considering Usopp could have sniped Sugar any time he wanted, either using his own bullets or by shooting the spice grape into her mouth. Instead he had to sadistically watch the Tontatta people suffer so greatly.

I wonder if Violet really manages to keep Luffy hiding and waiting so close to Flamingo. That would be a giant achievement.

Assertn
Sun, 12-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Episode 673 - HS

- - -- - -- - --

It's annoying that Usopp is still such a big loser. During the fake Straw hats and fishman arcs it seemed, at times, like he had acquired a backbone, but now he's pretty much the same as he was prior to the time skip: He does nothing at all but gawk and shiver in terror. By the looks of it he will run in the next episode, leaving Robin and everybody behind. I suppose we will have an episode or two of flashbacks as Usopp remembers the heroics of the miniatures and his own cowardice. Then he obviously will fight. This is all so useless considering Usopp could have sniped Sugar any time he wanted, either using his own bullets or by shooting the spice grape into her mouth. Instead he had to sadistically watch the Tontatta people suffer so greatly.

I wonder if Violet really manages to keep Luffy hiding and waiting so close to Flamingo. That would be a giant achievement.
Yeah, Usopp running is super weaksauce, but keep in mind at this point he wouldn't be leaving Robin behind, as he would no longer have any memory of who Robin was in the first place.

Kraco
Sun, 12-07-2014, 06:01 PM
Yeah, Usopp running is super weaksauce, but keep in mind at this point he wouldn't be leaving Robin behind, as he would no longer have any memory of who Robin was in the first place.

Ah, right. I had forgotten that detail. All I could remember is that Robin wasn't dictated a contract and thus she's free, or as free as a toy can be.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-09-2014, 12:07 AM
Oda must really be running out of fruit ideas. First a guy with a Fruit that's just like Ms. Valentine's, now one with a fruit just like Mr. 5's.

And yeah, Usopp's cowardice here is especially annoying given the situation that seems tailor made for his skill set. Jet dialing that grape to the back of her throat would have solved this 5 episodes ago.

Assertn
Wed, 12-10-2014, 12:52 AM
Oda must really be running out of fruit ideas. First a guy with a Fruit that's just like Ms. Valentine's, now one with a fruit just like Mr. 5's.

And yeah, Usopp's cowardice here is especially annoying given the situation that seems tailor made for his skill set. Jet dialing that grape to the back of her throat would have solved this 5 episodes ago.

Hell, Robin could've just camel-clutched Sugar and not bother with the grape at all.

Kraco
Wed, 12-10-2014, 02:33 AM
Hell, Robin could've just camel-clutched Sugar and not bother with the grape at all.

Indeed. Although I never really expected her to used her power directly on Sugar considering Sugar's touch turn people into toys. But it's true Robin could have done it quickly. However, Robin and Usopp were generally too hellbent on allowing the Tontatta folks to carry out the most crucial part of the operation. Too bad the miniature body size doesn't allow a brain big enough to grant real intelligence, making success less likely.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-10-2014, 05:26 PM
I honestly didn't think someone using their power on her extra body parts would effect her real body.

In fact, that kinda makes having the ability to create a clone kinda useless if hurting the clone hurts the real you.

Assertn
Wed, 12-10-2014, 09:24 PM
I honestly didn't think someone using their power on her extra body parts would effect her real body.

In fact, that kinda makes having the ability to create a clone kinda useless if hurting the clone hurts the real you.

Injuring the extra limbs have always affected her. I believe back in Alabasta she used her hands to keep the guards away from the gate to the castle, and someone sliced one of her clone arms and her real arm got cut.