PDA

View Full Version : Naurto 699 & 700

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Naruto 699 (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/699)
Naruto 700 (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/700)

Despite what I think of the story overall, I found myself refreshing the the internet every hour or so since yesterday waiting for these two chapters. It's been years since I last did that. As far as the chapters are concerned, the only things that really got resolved were the pairings we've been speculating on all this time. Which is fine, because somehow its the only thing left I cared about. Naruto and Hinata's daughter is just too damned cute with those whiskers :D. Looks like the nine-tails corruption is genetically transmittable. I'll go ahead and try to ignore the numerous murder attempts Sasuke made on team 7, and Sakura in particular. I'd be rather surprised if there's no domestic violence happening in their household...

I didn't realize that Anko wasn't dead. She put on weight, but for what its worth, her rack is even better. With this, I say farewell to the story that for better or worse held me hostage for much of the past 14 years. It was even responsible for me joining my first forum (this one) in search for discussion about it. For that, the good times in the early days, and making Naruhina canon, it has my thanks.

viperwasp
Thu, 11-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Uchiha Barles a very fitting message. I have not been following Naruto for nearly as long. I agree with the same points that you do. I don't really have to many things that upset me? I wish it could have been a little longer in the end but it was still nice. I like that both chapters where released. I think we are getting them early even before Japan or something right? Because it's supposed to be NOV.10?

I need time to fully think on these two last chapters. But at least I am happy now. Is there any word on a follow up series or anything? I would like to not see a follow up series but if anyone hears anything one way or another please share. I heard a rumor.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I dunno. At the end of chapter 700, something is said about "volume 72 on sale in feb. Then, next spring...!!!" So, I'm imagining another Kishimoto project in the spring. Whether that has anything at all to do with Naruto, I couldn't tell you. I don't know why, but I'd give a follow up series another shot. It would be just that though, it would get a shot, not loyalty.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 11-06-2014, 10:17 AM
the hosting site was terrible, I had to reload it again and again.

I'll have more thoughts on the story later.

ForteCross
Thu, 11-06-2014, 10:32 AM
I dunno. At the end of chapter 700, something is said about "volume 72 on sale in feb. Then, next spring...!!!" So, I'm imagining another Kishimoto project in the spring. Whether that has anything at all to do with Naruto, I couldn't tell you. I don't know why, but I'd give a follow up series another shot. It would be just that though, it would get a shot, not loyalty.

well... the movie should be a follow up to the series too right?

Edort4
Thu, 11-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Fitting ending. 699 was true to the later series. Lots of panels, 100 words, and 0 sense/meaning. But 700... I love it, gives almost all the answers I was hoping for, was funny, nostalgic and really took me back to the old days of the series begining and to the "freshness" it destiled.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Fitting ending. 699 was true to the later series. Lots of panels, 100 words, and 0 sense/meaning. But 700... I love it, gives almost all the answers I was hoping for, was funny, nostalgic and really took me back to the old days of the series begining and to the "freshness" it destiled.

Shit translation, check out the MangaStream version (http://readms.com/r/naruto/699/2592/1), unless you mean Sasuke's thinking itself, in which case...

darkshadow
Thu, 11-06-2014, 11:59 AM
It's done finally, at least the proper hookups happened and the kids are cute, but yeah everything ended up exactly as I predicted it months ago and is just disappointing.

rockmanj
Thu, 11-06-2014, 12:36 PM
I really liked the OP shout out too. I think that was a pretty good ending.

Also, this made me LOL for like a good 5 minutes:

WHO FUCKED LEE???

Assertn
Thu, 11-06-2014, 12:42 PM
Tbh I really kinda wanted to know what happened with Oro and Kabutoro.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 11-06-2014, 05:37 PM
Chouji got lucky huh?

yapchagi
Thu, 11-06-2014, 05:44 PM
so did naruto get married with hinata and have 2 kids?

MFauli
Thu, 11-06-2014, 06:16 PM
I have not a lot to add after reading the finale. The damage had been done a long time ago. At least we´re now finally free to move on. Unless Kishimoto has the nerve to continue the series with the kids. Which would suck.

The last chapter, however, made me hate how wrong the focus of this manga has been. NOW I´d love to see Naruto and all the others. NOW they´re fine ninjas. NOW they´re at an age where they should be most capable. Seeing this super composed, classy Gaara just made my inner fanboy squeal in happiness. What I´d give to see that guy fight. Same with Naruto, who´s now a true Hokage.

he pairings are mostly fine, except for Sasuke X Sakura. DAT battered housewife syndrome. Just wow. He treated her like shit over the course of the entire series, and it´s supposed to be a happy end that they end up together? Fucking bullshit. I´m happy that Naruto got the best pussy, but Sakura shouldn´t have become Sasuke´s plaything. Sai, Chouji, fuck, even Kakashi would have been better options. The message that this coupling sends to the readers is just problematic.

Looking back, Naruto had the potential of a whole world, but it self-destructed soon after the timeskip. For all the weekly bitching on my side, the reason is and has always been that I loved the part 1-story so much, so very deeply. I loved this manga and anime more than any other series. It didn´t turn out to be what it should have been. But at least it did end. Let it rest peacefully now, Kishimoto. You can be proud of having finished a 15 year-ongoing story. That´s praiseworthy no matter the actual content. Without any sarcasm, I applaud you.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 11-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Well that was a fun trip. However where was Yamamoto in all this? Also Tsunade looked younger than before, shouldnt she be way older than everyone else? It would have been nicer to see a little more of everything.

rockmanj
Thu, 11-06-2014, 08:21 PM
so did naruto get married with hinata and have 2 kids?

Yes, that is what happened.

Darthmoe
Thu, 11-06-2014, 08:43 PM
So, I've been a viewing member of this forum for quite a while, but haven't really posted anything for years, but figured this will probably be one of the last times I am on this forum at all, so just wanted to say that it was a pleasure reading all your funny rants and discussions on this manga. Can't believe it's been 15years since i've been reading this...feel like its a big milestone in my life. Almost feel like this may mark the end of my childhood, as its one of the only things i've really held onto from that time period in my life. And I will say that probably says a lot about this manga. No matter how much you want to criticize the storyline in the later stages of the manga (and i wouldn't disagree), I have to say that Naruto gave me a lot of great memories, and will be remembered as one of the best parts of my childhood. So thanks, thats all.

Assertn
Thu, 11-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Well that was a fun trip. However where was Yamamoto in all this? Also Tsunade looked younger than before, shouldnt she be way older than everyone else? It would have been nicer to see a little more of everything.

Same reason she's always looked like that, she's using her chakra to make her look younger.
Also, lol Ino got stuck with the Sasuke look-alike.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-06-2014, 08:56 PM
I don't know if this is true or not, but one thing that did make me laugh, it seems as if the girls in the series did all the pursuing, which in life and most manga/anime, that's normally the dude's role. It's almost as if the guys just one day realized that they get boners, turned around and impregnated the closest female, which happens to be ones pursuing their respective crushes. Not sure who the closest female to Rock Lee was though. Maybe he's more like Guy and that's not actually his kid.

Also, lol Ino got stuck with the Sasuke look-alike.

Pretty sure she's alright with that now that he's covered his fucking midriff.

Confused_Yamato
Thu, 11-06-2014, 11:46 PM
OK, well, many things I want to say that have already been said here, but first I want to say it's been a fun ride, especially because I've been reading this forum for years long before I ever posted, and it's going to be strange not coming here every week to at least see what everyone's saying. So thanks to all of you, as my Naruto experience wouldn't have been as fulfilling had I not found this place.

Now on to the comments... the whole ending was rushed, but the last chapter was pretty much what I expected it to be. Though I don't understand how that city in the last few panels got there in that amount of time. I wonder what blue eyed byakugan looks like. Good thing Sakura is a great healer, that's all I'm going to say, though having their kid look sort of like Karin was kind of cruel on Kishimoto's part. Poor Guy's probably been damn near paraplegic this whole time. I also have to mention the names. Bolt? Wasn't that a bad Disney movie? Short for Baruto, I know... Salad? That sounds like a Dragonball name if I ever heard one. Though maybe there's some reference/inside joke I'm missing there. I really did like the way they put Iruka in there, took me all the way back to the beginning.

Now I guess we'll see if the stories they come out with next year are any good, though I think they will be light novels.

Kensee
Fri, 11-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Naruto was the first manga I EVER picked up and started reading. I remember loosing my mind when Naruto did his 1000 shadow clones for the first time, when Lee opened up the gates for the first time against Gaara, and many other countless fights and battles that thrilled me and kept me coming back for years.

It will be weird not to see a new Naruto chapter next week, but I'm satisfied with the ending. (Heck, all I wanted was Hinita and Naruto to get together and for Naruto to be Hokage ... both happened)! Everything else was icing on a very big cake of stories and nostalgia.

Thank you, Kishimoto, for Naruto. Go on to your new stories and we'll do the same.

See you space ninja.

edit: I forgot grammar

P.S. See you ALL in the Naruto:Last movie disscussion and One-Piece forums

DB_Hunter
Fri, 11-07-2014, 09:52 AM
I started reading the manga when a friend of mine kept spoiling it for me when I tried to stick with the anime. Will definitely be weird not to have Naruto to look forward to every week.

As for these chapters, if I'm honest they were totally crap. Really rushed, zero character development from the point of the fight. Sakura going with Sasuke was a wtf moment, given the mortal abuse she has received from him over the years. It was good to see Naruto looking and talking in a mature way, though why he persists in wearing crap baggy tops is beyond me. Totally ruins the Hokage shroud he wears.

Huge injustice done to Kakashi as Hokage. They might as well have not made him the 6th, especially as it seems the old Gokage don't consider him high enough to join their ex-Kage crew. An unexplained hole left as to why he is covering up his left eye again in 699 then uncovering it in 700.

Sasuke getting a Hashirama cell graft? Won't that just combine with his Uchiha bloodline and make him the next SotSP? I mean Naruto got it too, but he would just have it considered as an upgrade on his already strong Uzumaki/Senju bloodline specific physical prowess.

Mystery left about Madara's body. Did Konoha destroy his eyes? Did they keep them locked up in the village vault for future emergency use? Why not give one to Naruto and make him on par with Sasuke and his Hashirama cell graft?

Clear potential for organic merging of the Uchiha and Senju bloodlines in the future as Salad seems to already be stalking Baruto. Creepiness must be genetic. Plus the Byakugan, even if it doesn't show in Baruto, will probably be dormant and combine with the Sharingan at some point.

No closure for one of the greatest figures of the series, Orochimaru, or Kabuto for that matter.

The village system remains, so no closure on how rivalry has been resolved. Particularly important since the new Tsuchikage and Mizukage seem to be a bit too full of themselves.

Shikidai seems to be the sanest out of the next gen.

No idea why Udon and Moegi showed up, though Konohamaru seems decent.

Lee seems cool, no idea why Gai hasn't recovered given Naruto's SotSP powers AND Tsunade's medical ninjutsu.

Why the flip is TenTen reminiscing about war... surely one not suited to Naruto's new world?

Sasuke still looks mentally unstable... even Madara looked more friendly when he used to hang around Konoha.

All of this could have been resolved in a couple of more chapters, but for some reason it has been rushed to the end. Maybe commercial pressure due to the upcoming movie and to create demand for it.

viperwasp
Fri, 11-07-2014, 10:59 AM
All of this could have been resolved in a couple of more chapters, but for some reason it has been rushed to the end. Maybe commercial pressure due to the upcoming movie and to create demand for it.

Good points! Does this mean that the next movie might be Canon? Is it written by Kishimoto? If not I don't consider it canon and no one could interest me enough to go see it. I don't really follow the Naruto movies but so far none of them looked even remotely canon? So I am wondering if this will be the same. Now I know the movie contains the future character designs based on the final chapter of Naruto. So in the very least Kishimoto leaked that information. Unless the movie designed the characters and Kishimoto copied the looks! That would be horrible. But even if Kishimoto said this is how all the characters are going to look etc. And gave minor details of what the movie should be about. To me it's not canon unless Kishimoto had a strong influence on the story, plot and even the combat in the movie. Basically I don't want to feel like I am watching an anime filler!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 11-07-2014, 11:57 AM
The characters in the movie look to be younger than those in chapter 700, and they're wearing different outfits. Kishimoto mentioned somewhere that he was making this movie to deal with the issue of love, which he hasn't really touched on in the manga or anime. So its looking to be an interquel, if that's a word.

rockmanj
Fri, 11-07-2014, 01:51 PM
P.S. See you ALL in the Naruto:Last movie disscussion and One-Piece forums

Don't forget all the one-shots and gaidens scheduled for next year.

And yes, Naruto: The Last is canon.

viperwasp
Fri, 11-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Don't forget all the one-shots and gaidens scheduled for next year.

And yes, Naruto: The Last is canon.

Thanks RockmanJ and there is a one Piece forum on this website? Where is that? I tried to look before and did not find it. But I will admit I don't use forums a lot. I will look for it. I'm not interested in Anime forum just manga because I will spoil stuff by accident in anime forum.

EDIT
Wow that a derp of me. It was so easy to find the One Piece Manga. I swear I checked about a year and half ago. And had trouble finding it.

SilentSnake
Sat, 11-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Hard to believe it's over, but considering the fact that the last war was just a huge pile of BS maybe it's for the best.

TBH I expected another time skip. Also, just for shit and giggles, some old predictions of mine:

tailed beasts going good (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20339-Naruto-Chapter-567?p=504907&viewfull=1#post504907)

Shame the last one didn't happen (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/20457-Naruto-Chapter-575?p=508704#post508704)

Okay, that one was pretty obvious (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/21061-Naruto-Chapter-601?p=518784&viewfull=1#post518784)

Also, I remember how we would argue about Itachi being secretly good and all the infamous Tobi = Obito threads.

Was fun, ty men.

UChessmaster
Sat, 11-08-2014, 10:11 PM
I remember a guy that kept arguing against obito all the way to his actual reveal as if it were his mission in life.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Lol that sounds like me... I kept saying it was Uchiha Izuna

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Lol that sounds like me... I kept saying it was Uchiha Izuna

Nop, some guy with a suigetsu avatar that kept disregarding any and each argument for Obito, he didn`t want him to be Izuna, he wanted him NOT to be Obito, he argued it until the bitter end them promptly disappeared in the shadows... like a ninja.

toonice714
Sun, 11-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Great discussions over the years fellas. I honestly wish it went a couple different ways as well but keeping it short and sweet, it was a great ride.

What's the deal with the yamato panel???

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 11-09-2014, 09:45 PM
It looks like he was initially absorbed into the tree, and now that the moon's eye was dispelled, he was, um...regurgitated and reformed? Whatever. It makes sense that everyone else was released because they had a still intact and functioning body, but Yamato was broken down and sucked up.

UChessmaster
Sun, 11-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Seriously though, who fucked Lee?

How come Bolt doesn`t has the Byakugan?

enkoujin
Sun, 11-09-2014, 10:28 PM

Probably just another look-a-like who can't do any ninjutsu or genjutsu either. Or Tenten.

Seeing at both Bolt and Himawari don't have the dead purple irises, they probably aren't born with the Byakugan since everyone born with those eyes can use Byakugan from birth.

Nop, some guy with a suigetsu avatar that kept disregarding any and each argument for Obito, he didn`t want him to be Izuna, he wanted him NOT to be Obito, he argued it until the bitter end them promptly disappeared in the shadows... like a ninja.

Sounds like me. Although the hints and everything was there, I refused to believe that Kishimoto would drop huge, obvious hints about what was to come.

Anyway, it's been a good ride, guys. Although this entire fourth shinobi war arc was questionable, this series will have a place during my childhood and teen years. Can't wait for the sequels or next work Kishimoto comes out with!

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 11-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Tbh I really kinda wanted to know what happened with Oro and Kabutoro.

Oro fullfilled his own dream and opened a daycare/orphange. He and Kabuto run it together with the help of their snakes.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 11-10-2014, 12:43 AM

Asexual Reproduction no Jutsu. Since Lee is still big, and the kid is small, I'm thinking budding (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budding).

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 11-11-2014, 09:55 AM
So did Naruto step down as Hokage in the end? Kiba mentioned that the Seventh stepped down on his own. Or was that just a bad translation?

Assertn
Tue, 11-11-2014, 01:55 PM
So did Naruto step down as Hokage in the end? Kiba mentioned that the Seventh stepped down on his own. Or was that just a bad translation?

Nah, the seventh was Kakashi. Naruto is the eighth.

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-12-2014, 06:01 AM
Who was the sixth then...?

deadlydreamx
Wed, 11-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Yea I thought Kakashi was the sixth and Naruto was the seventh.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 11-13-2014, 07:28 AM
When Bolt was drawing on the Hokage faces it looked like Kakashi was after Tsundae. That makes Naruto the Seventh. So what the hell?

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-13-2014, 07:54 AM
Anyone remember when Sakura had top tier genjutsu potential that would one day make her a great ninja? Me neither.

Rereading (oh god why?) some of the manga, I realized that this was yet another wasted opportunity to make less shitty a character to whom so many panels were devoted.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Maybe Kiba was chatting crap, hence Akamaru's expression?

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-13-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm so tempted to read this thread!

But I won't! Peace out!

toonice714
Fri, 11-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Danzou was the 6th. His term was so short that he kept to his "roots" of remaining hidden lol. But yeah. Kakashi was the 7th and Naruto is the 8th.

UChessmaster
Fri, 11-14-2014, 06:02 PM
I vaguely remember someone specifically stating that Danzou was NOT the 6th, he was a temporary Hokage, he could only officially become the 6th if he gets elected, which didn`t happen, he would also get his own face monument if he were truly a Hokage.

Edort4
Sat, 11-15-2014, 01:39 PM
I got the impression that naruto was the 7th and actually pretty recent in the office. So it would make no sense that he was to back off from the job in such a short time.

Maybe it is some kind of translation issue. Maybe Kiba is "badmouthing" Naruto to try to look cool and hook up with the chick. Kiba had this kind of rivalry with Naruto over Hokage position. Or maybe he isnt talking about droping the job but some kind of political posture, tradition, idea or something similar.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 11-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Meant to say this last week when it came out and everyone was still here checking this out, saying their goodbyes.... oh well, gotta do it anyway.

Thanks to all of you, my fellow Gotwootians, who helped make this not just a manga.... not just a show (when I used to watch it)... but make it an event each week to enjoy and discuss with the rest of you. From sharing our theories on Tobi, (I remember so many heated discussions from like 5+ yrs ago how those of us who thought it was him were dead wrong, hah!) to arguing about the most insignificant minute detail about a made up jutsu or bloodline limit, to "shouldn't Naruto be a Jounin by now?"... etc. etc. Just simply knowing I had the opinions and ideas from all of you waiting for me here after each episode and chapter made the series what it was for me.

We all know it took a nose-dive after the time-jump... along with the activity here on the gotwoot forums as well. Regardless I'll always have some fond memories of Mut in a war with the mods.... or the day the inmates took over the asylum when Terracossimo became a mod.... there was rarely a lull with that many strong personalities clashing together.... which sparked so many interesting, funny, and just plain strange moments (....and then he bought me a hotdog).

So I guess what I'm trying to say is; thanks to everyone here who contributed to making this place what it was for all these years.

-Jim

Kenshiro
Fri, 11-21-2014, 03:15 PM
Extremely long time lurker here. So long in fact that I had forgotten my username and password.

This was always my port of call for reading the manga and Id like to thank you, and whoever pays for the server (Cipher? was that his name) for entertaining me for the last 15 years. I also fondly remember the days of Mut and Gods Son and when Naruto was actually exciting.

Pretty shitty ending overall, but then the whole series has been terrible for the last 2 years or so, so im glad they didnt drag it out longer.

Naruto spanned a very long period of my life, and of course although it was not central to it in any way, it feels very strange that it has actually ended. G

Good luck to everyone here for the future! and thank you again for your amusing posts!