PDA

View Full Version : Shingeki no Bahamut

Xelbair
Tue, 10-21-2014, 05:43 PM

Mistarcia is a magical world where humans, gods, and demons mingle together. In the past, the black-and-silver winged Bahamut has threatened to destroy the land, but humans, gods, and demons overcame their differences to fight together and seal its power. The key to that seal was split in two, one half given to the gods and the other to demons, so that they would never be united and Bahamut never released. Now, two thousand years later, the world is in an era of peace - until the day a woman steals the gods' half of the key. The hunt begins to find the thief and maintain the seal while others conspire find the key so as to release the fearsome Bahamut.

Shingeki no Bahamut - Ep 1 - 720p - HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=605873)
Shingeki no Bahamut - Ep 2 - 720p - HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=609158)
Shingeki no Bahamut - Ep 3 - 720p - HorribleSubs (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=612371)

I've picked up ep 1 on a whim... and i'm really loving this series - it just feels fresh. Fantasy setting based on France/Spain border area(culture-wise), nice action, lack of typical/overused anime tropes. It utilizes 3DCG extensively, but it is made by same studio as Tiger & Bunny - and it looks good. Probably best classical fantasy series in this season(I'm obviously counting F/UBW as contemporary fantasy)

Penner
Tue, 10-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Not gonna lie, i clicked this thread because the name was similar to Shingeki no Kyojin, lol

Still, after reading through the description i will give this one a look.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-21-2014, 07:54 PM
This is quite good. The level of completion feels very high. The only problem is they changed the hairstyle of the female main character.

MasterOfMoogles
Tue, 10-21-2014, 09:56 PM
This show continues to far surpass any expectations I had of it as of episode 3.
I'm still kind of shocked how good it is and yet it is based on some mobile game.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-21-2014, 10:54 PM
Agreed. I actually wondered how profitable that game was to allow such a high budget adaptation to be possible.

David75
Tue, 10-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah I like it, Ep2 was already down some levels of awesomeness from EP1 but it still feels quite good.
My gripe was mainly Amira's human face design that kept changing throughout all of the ep, having her range from mid twenties to young teen depending on the scene, and with a very different identity.

Other than that, we're in a nice travel/adventure anime. Seems like the ride will be fun.

Xelbair
Wed, 10-22-2014, 09:47 AM
I've noticed that it was based on some mobile game after 2nd ep and i was like "what?!".
I would expect such adaptation to be shitty and/or trashy.. thankfully it is not.

MFauli
Sat, 10-25-2014, 06:23 PM
just watched ep 1. it´s okay. could turn better, could turn worse, ill watch another.

but daaaamn, do i hate the main character´s design. Ya know, often times, gamers complain about the generic "white, brown haird hero", but if THAT is the alternative, please keep with the generic hero. An afro-ginger with girl lips, seriously? Man, those lips creep me out.

also, i kinda hate anime that do this whole "we´re the heroes, we´re fighting, WHO GIVES A SHIT IF WE DESTROY HALF THE TOWN IN THE PROCESS" :/

Kraco
Mon, 10-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Episode 4 - HS (http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=615944)

-- - - -- - -

It's pretty hard to believe this is based on some card game. The story and characters, so far, are more wholesome than some manga based series have had. The visual style also enhances the atmosphere of gods and demons meddling with the human world. Whole Amira isn't lacking in the moe department in a bishoujo way, the bit more realistic and rough style does wonders to make the world and people more serious and menacing. The music isn't bad either. I can't help but be reminded of some Hollywood movies about demons when watching this, and that's a good thing. Naturally huge crabs and many other elements here are more regular fantasy stuff, but it's okay.

Taking over the pirate ship and turning it into a ship full of pirate zombies was one of the highlights of this episode. It would only be beaten if in the next episode Favaro and the necromancer girl were sailing a ship full of fishman zombie pirates!

David75
Mon, 10-27-2014, 04:42 PM
I noticed many backgrounds in town are really detailed, and I can't help but feel like characters are animated with theater quality techniques from the 90's
It's like someone coded the ultimate animation software slashing the production costs by a factor of ten... Or they really have lots of money to spend on that show.
I wonder how the rates are and how the BR sales will be.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Amira's makeup reminds me of Last Exile's characters. Then there's the "pick up a strange girl and go on an adventure while some supernatural people chase her", adding in Fractale (or even Laputa) into the mix. Her updone hair is also remnicient of Re-l from Ergo Proxy. As far as animation and styling goes, Xam'd comes to mind.

I laughed at the giant crab. As intimidating as it was, it was red - and that can only mean tasty.

This is turning out to be a very enjoyable adventure series. Zombie girl was a very welcome and much needed addition. You'd only move and develop Knights character if he had someone to talk to and interact with. Favaro! doesn't count. I really want to know why she's kept her sanity as well, but it seems they've dodged the question (possibly forever).

Kraco
Tue, 10-28-2014, 01:53 AM
I really want to know why she's kept her sanity as well, but it seems they've dodged the question (possibly forever).

She turned into a lich, not zombie.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-28-2014, 06:57 AM
She turned into a lich, not zombie.

But why/how? She was bitten by her own zombie. That's not in my zombie textbook.

I suppose it's logical that if getting bitten by a zombie means:

1) you turn into an undead, and
2) you become controlled by the zombie's master,

then the two combined turns you into a lich - but she didn't say that. I can only guess.

Kraco
Tue, 10-28-2014, 07:15 AM
But why/how? She was bitten by her own zombie. That's not in my zombie textbook.

I suppose it's logical that if getting bitten by a zombie means:

1) you turn into an undead, and
2) you become controlled by the zombie's master,

then the two combined turns you into a lich - but she didn't say that. I can only guess.

She wasn't normal to begin with. How long had she lived in that village with the zombies, not aging at all? A hundred years or something, it was. So, she wasn't exactly a regular human who would turn into a zombie like anybody else, I'd guess. Perhaps her body died now, but otherwise nothing much changed.

I just threw lich there because it's an undead generally not with a perfect human body but with the full mental faculties, and oft enough in charge of lesser undead. Not to mention becoming one is apparently the goal of many necromancers.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-28-2014, 08:32 AM
You're right. She's not normal to begin with.

Also,

http://i.imgur.com/1G1Cwe2.jpg
Link (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-004337&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dbahamut%24 pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1)

I wouldn't have guessed her character was supposed to be Hell's 3-headed-wolf, but that makes sense.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 10-28-2014, 08:34 AM
Zombie Kuudere Loli = Genius.

MasterOfMoogles
Wed, 10-29-2014, 10:06 PM
This show just continues to impress.
While there were a ridiculous number of plot holes in this episode, mainly revolving around the enemy plans, I don't even care. The show is just fun to watch.
Zombie pirates vs fishmen was pretty hilarious.
And now they're switching partners, genius!

I keep telling myself not to have expectations for this show, but it keeps delivering.

Kraco
Mon, 11-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Episode 5 - Horrible (http://nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=618922)

- - - - - - - -

Rita is quite a zombie ringleader, managing to turn even a dragon or a wyvern, whichever it was, into a zombie. Kind of a pity she is, after all, a zombie herself, or maybe she just doesn't know better herself. I'm sure I don't know too many stories where a zombie wouldn't have lost any mental capability.

Bacchus is quite an amusing god. All in all it's pretty hard to gauge the power levels in this show's world. It somewhat looks like gods and demons aren't too far above humans, whereas Bahamut is totally out there. If gods and demons really were strong, you'd think they could have reduced Bahamut to nothingness during all the time it was sealed. Unless Bahamut is like some essential part to the balance of the world and it simply must exist.

Still a good episode. This show keeps going strong.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-03-2014, 04:26 PM
I think the angels and demons are overestimating their own strength and that Bahamut is on par with an actual true god. So naturally a servant of a true God can't hold a candle to the real thing. Don't know what Baccus can do but for all we know he's the god of wine and bounties.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Rita won all the points this episode. Her little backpack is particularly adorable. Hopefully she still maintains all her limbs, as much as I liked that zombie rocket punch.

Kaisar's dumb and proud as fuck, but it'd be boring if he wasn't. After the partner swap, I've reckon Favaro teams well regardless of whether it's Rita or Amira.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-03-2014, 11:07 PM
Favaro went all dere this episode. He rescued the guy who wants to kill him and the girl who will likely kill him while helping a random loli. As much as I can sympathize with the last one, the previous two items, as he said so himself, make little sense.

Rita is delicious.

Kraco
Tue, 11-04-2014, 02:03 AM
Favaro has always known what happened back then. It seems to me he has let Kaisar live in the dark because that might have been the only thing left for Kaisar to live for. Misplaced hatred. Kaisar's father might have been the greatest fool in the whole story, which we don't yet fully know, so thinking his father was a great man who was betrayed might be easier for him. Though it won't let him live a wholesome life at all, nor get over anything, so it's not like Favaro's decision would be all that merciful. On the other hand sending Kaisar after some lord of demons wouldn't have granted him a very long life, either.

All in all it's obvious Favaro still considers Kaisar his friend.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-04-2014, 05:25 AM
Favaro has always known what happened back then. It seems to me he has let Kaisar live in the dark because that might have been the only thing left for Kaisar to live for. Misplaced hatred. Kaisar's father might have been the greatest fool in the whole story, which we don't yet fully know, so thinking his father was a great man who was betrayed might be easier for him. Though it won't let him live a wholesome life at all, nor get over anything, so it's not like Favaro's decision would be all that merciful. On the other hand sending Kaisar after some lord of demons wouldn't have granted him a very long life, either.

All in all it's obvious Favaro still considers Kaisar his friend.

He didn't know much back then. He just attacked the cargo (with or without knowledge that it was under Kaisar's care), and assumed the jewels summoned a demon and killed his dad. He only just learned that the demon was in fact Azazel, and was entirely a set-up by his dad's friend.

Once Kaisar knew that Favaro was a thief, he'd just assume Favaro was the cause of every misfortune that happened to him - just like what happened here.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-10-2014, 09:42 PM
HS - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=621841)

---------------------------

Jean's dissatisfaction 8:42! They were just discussing about the catastrophe of Bahamut reviving. Initially I thought she was just bloodthirsty for demon kills, but putting the entire episode together she may desire Bahamut's revival so she could be the saviour knight. She sounded much more mellow when she talked to Favaro though, which was different to when she was in her battle armour.

Favaro is going to be the real knight from the shadows while passing the glory to Kaisar so he can regain his honour. Just get him and Amira together. It's bound to happen.

Rita gets more OP every episode - now with controllable rocket punch!

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-10-2014, 11:24 PM
Rita is the cherry on top of this delectable parfait of a show.

Everything just works. Even the exposition isn't boring. The fact that a lipstick wearing dude with an orange afro is the protagonist AND people still like this show is testament to its quality.

Kraco
Tue, 11-11-2014, 02:40 AM
Jean's dissatisfaction 8:42! They were just discussing about the catastrophe of Bahamut reviving. Initially I thought she was just bloodthirsty for demon kills, but putting the entire episode together she may desire Bahamut's revival so she could be the saviour knight. She sounded much more mellow when she talked to Favaro though, which was different to when she was in her battle armour.

Yeah, I was also surprised by how calm and reasonable she was out of her armour, talking to Favaro. Although she mentioned she's from humble origins herself, I reckon her attitude was as much from the fact she knows she's probably the strongest human around at the moment. Such knowledge can give a person lots of self-confidence. Interesting point that she might actually want the monster to revive. That would be quite traditional.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 11-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Yeah Favaro is more likely to become that hero. I mean he has freaking dreams about Bahamut.

Xelbair
Sat, 11-15-2014, 09:38 AM
I think that Favaro is a knight chosen by demonkind, just as D'Arc was supposed to be from angel's side - but Amira stole that from her.

Kraco
Sat, 11-15-2014, 09:42 AM
I think that Favaro is a knight chosen by demonkind, just as D'Arc was supposed to be from angel's side - but Amira stole that from her.

You think Favaro will get the demon's key and those two will somehow then work together to send poor Bahamut (who only wanted to have fun) to an eternal rest?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-15-2014, 11:37 AM
You think Favaro will get the demon's key and those two will somehow then work together to send poor Bahamut (who only wanted to have fun) to an eternal rest?

Favaro will also internalise the demon key, and Bahamut will be reborn when the two keys are met in union.

/wink wink. (http://myanimelist.net/anime/2341/Choujin_Densetsu_Urotsukidouji)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-24-2014, 10:54 PM
HS - Episode 07 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=627179)

----------------------------------------

Not an impressive episode this time, sadly.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 11-24-2014, 11:33 PM
Yeah, so many illogical parts all over the place.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-25-2014, 01:20 AM
What did Azazel actually want to do with Amira and the key anyway? Owning both keys is like having a nuke to destroy the world. It's not beneficial as a weapon nor a threat unless you go full "Either I or no one shall have this earth" crazy.

Kraco
Tue, 11-25-2014, 03:57 AM
It's already working for the demons. The fact the gods don't anymore have one of the keys but it's in the same world as Bahamut is weakening the seal so much that the gods' army is basically tied to containing the monster. So, the demons were able to, for example, attack the human city at leisure, save for Jeanne. I imagine the gods would have sent some reinforcements under normal circumstances. So, it's not entirely an all or nothing situation.

I liked this episode well enough. I'm not sure what you guys' problem with it was. The massive battle was very nice. Reminded me of the one in Return of the King.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-25-2014, 08:42 AM
The entire fight with the demon screamed nonsense to me. If his goal was the key, why would he keep Favaro company? If he could teleport to your side with ease, there is no way two humans could even put up a fight. The fluctuating power balance was absurd. That had not been the case for the earlier episodes. It was jarring.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-25-2014, 09:00 AM
The entire fight with the demon screamed nonsense to me. If his goal was the key, why would he keep Favaro company? If he could teleport to your side with ease, there is no way two humans could even put up a fight. The fluctuating power balance was absurd. That had not been the case for the earlier episodes. It was jarring.

The first time he did it against Kaisar, I thought it was an illusion because Favaro "shattered" it with noise, but the second time he teleported during his fight against Favaro he actually hit him, so that weirded me out a bit.

Kraco
Tue, 11-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Uhh... It's his nature. He was already playing a game for his own amusement, years ago, with both of their fathers. Now faced with the sons he naturally continued the game. He was in no particular hurry to the key, knowing it couldn't escape. He wasn't a soldier on a mission, he's a demon prince of some magnitude, so he can't help but torment humans, especially humans that still seemed to possess some ridiculous hope and bravery when facing him. He wouldn't be a demon otherwise.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Yeah, his nature is stupid and illogical.

You can make excuses for it, but that doesn't make it any less forced. They two dudes simply needed to fight a common enemy for the plot to move forward, and voila!

Kraco
Tue, 11-25-2014, 11:54 AM
I didn't feel like that at all. I saw a demon who did exactly what demons have done for as long as they have appeared in mankind's fiction. Maybe it was really stupid, but generally speaking demons have to do some things in order to remain demons. Otherwise they would follow the same path that led to the miserable Twilight vampires...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-01-2014, 12:15 PM
HS - Episode 08 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=629748)

-----------------------------------

Thankyou. This is the Bahamut I know and like.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-15-2014, 11:47 AM
HS - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=632435)
HS - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=634993)

---------------------

Fava doing what he does best - backstabbing. But real demons do it better.

Things feel a little too down and serious for its own good IMO. The center around Rita and the comedy she brings.

I'm still waiting to hear how Beelzebub will benefit from releasing a world destroyer.

Kraco
Mon, 12-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Favaro is an idiot. He has the sword made of Bahamut's claw, or whatever it was. If it couldn't have broken some measly barrier prison, it would have been useless against anything serious and dragging it around would be meaningless. Similarly he tried to use his pitiful crossbow thing instead of the Bahamut sword against the demon. The world is doomed if saving it depends on him.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-15-2014, 09:19 PM
He couldn't move though. Given that his hand wasn't already on Bahamut's barb, I don't blame him. A crossbow should have more range and be faster. It has produces less movement than drawing/swinging a sword, so I also see the merit in it. The demons were simply too crafty.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 12-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Either way, he needed the demon power up to matter.

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2014, 02:43 AM
He couldn't move though. Given that his hand wasn't already on Bahamut's barb, I don't blame him. A crossbow should have more range and be faster. It has produces less movement than drawing/swinging a sword, so I also see the merit in it. The demons were simply too crafty.

So, you say, but the fact is Favaro and Kaisar were movin all the time inside the energe cages. Or was it merely a case where they needed to move for the drama but weren't able to do any more than that? How convenient.

The demonising guy was right in front of him. That's no time to use a crossbow. Not to mention such a puny thing would only work against the mob anyway, and this guy clearly was a top player. Favaro should just spare the effort and toss away the Bahamut sword if he has no intention to ever use it. Still, I find it amusing they would turn him into a demon right after he tried to fool them. He should be twice as treacherous as a real demon. After all, a demon's worst enemy isn't a hero or a deity, it's another demon. Although I half expected them to fail since he had some demonic properties already (the tail).

shinta|hikari
Tue, 12-16-2014, 09:20 AM
After all, a demon's worst enemy isn't a hero or a deity, it's another demon.

Really? In most fiction I'm pretty sure gods, angels and heroes are demons' worst enemies.

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Really? In most fiction I'm pretty sure gods, angels and heroes are demons' worst enemies.

Many authors are deeply challenged by the philosophy of evil. They think gods (angles) form one front, demons (devils) the other, and the humans are there standing between them. That makes no sense, though. While gods can indeed be a big happy family, it makes zilch sense with demons. They are evil. Villains. They hate everybody but most of all they would hate fellow demons because they are direct competitors. Just like a business enterprise's worst enemy is a competitor in business, not some arbitrary other entity. A demon is always waiting for a chance to backstab another demon.

In fact we have already seen in this story as well that demons are plotting behind each others' backs and backstabbing as well.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Gods are demon's worst enemies in that if God used solar beam, it would be super effective.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 12-16-2014, 12:06 PM
And aren't gods and angels actively wanting to eradicate all demons if possible? Demons don't want all of their kin dead.

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2014, 12:43 PM
And aren't gods and angels actively wanting to eradicate all demons if possible?

Nah. Gods and angels think that even the most hard-boiled and nasty demon still has the potential for something good inside them, if given a chance. They are adorably naive in such a way, no matter how many times they are left disappointed.

Although I kind of doubt this series will ever address thing in so broad a perspective. But then again, they do have the Bahamut to worry about.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 12-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Nah. Gods and angels think that even the most hard-boiled and nasty demon still has the potential for something good inside them, if given a chance. They are adorably naive in such a way, no matter how many times they are left disappointed.

Really? Because this show and most other stories have the two sides at war with each other. Even the bible doesn't think demons can be saved.

Kraco
Wed, 12-17-2014, 04:22 AM
Really? Because this show and most other stories have the two sides at war with each other. Even the bible doesn't think demons can be saved.

Then why are they still there? In most stories I have seen, gods are far more powerful than demons (and generally unified), especially if the gods have God on their side, thus bringing omnipotence onto the table. Yet the demons and devils are still there. It can only be explained by the fact the folks in Heaven don't want to exterminate the demons.

It's impossible to say what's going on in this show, because there are a couple of complications to consider: The third (or fourth) side, Bahamut, which is stronger than gods and demons combined and the leaders of both gods and demons were lost in the sealing process and thus they have both been living without guidance. We haven't really seen demons and angels (gods) fight with each other in this series. They have been using the humans as proxies. Right now the gods' side is weak because they are concentrating on keeping the Bahamut sealed while the demons are actually doing the opposite.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Talking about Bahamut, I have no clue what the angels are doing. Bahamut is sealed out in the middle of nowhere and requires the keys to come together before it can be released. Who cares if there's a little wind and shit around him? Evacuate anybody nearby like any natural disaster and focus on the keys.

Learn from the demons. They don't give a shit. One's actively seeking destruction while the other's sipping wine. Maybe.. just maybe they know something you don't.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-22-2014, 09:04 PM
HS - Episode 11 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=637484)

----------------------------------

It's a bit sad that this show couldn't keep the high entertainment value it had in the beginning. It's still watchable, but now that the characters matter less and the whole plot starts rolling it's fallen into more average territory. That's all because the previous episodes were all character driven. Now Fava is mute dead, Amira was a ball of light and Kaisar turned into a free-falling gag. The only character to really retain her charm was Rita, which is why she was the best thing this week.

Kraco
Fri, 12-26-2014, 02:33 PM
I have to fully agree with Bill. Of course the setting was no less grand than the survival of the whole world, but still it would have been nice if the show hadn't changed quite this much. Perhaps it was impossible to keep it going toward Bahamut, the plotting, corrupting demons, and everything without losing the foolhardy adventurous feeling this began with.

I assume Kaisar flatly stating Favaro is really a demon means Favaro won't be killed by a bolt through the heart and that was some kind of a plot, but it wasn't all too stylish at all compared to all the spirited and flamboyant foolishness that has been running back and forth between those two. Because it felt like Kaisar gave up.

Jeanne has a lot to do to make up for her deeds. The same as the king. Though I don't really want to see the king do anything else but die.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-26-2014, 09:06 PM
I don't really blame Jeanne for her corruption very much at all. She wasn't even going to go down until she saw the king start killing the people she was protecting. Her corruption was a response to the king's asshole-ish ways more so than for self preservation.

The king was just petty, like any other soft king without a vision.

kmkze04
Sat, 12-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Didn't Kaisar get a med pill specifically for Favaro? Unless he somehow shot the pill into Favaro, I don't see why he wouldn't have used the pill if it was so easy to take demonic Favaro down... something is very fishy with how that was played out and not in a good way.

Kraco
Sun, 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM
Episode 12 Final - HS

- - ---- -

The ending had its good parts, but all in all I'm not the greatest fan of reset endings. Amira, the most innocent and naive of the main characters, dying was sad, but it fit the story. If she had survived as well, the ending would have been all the more empty. It was pretty funny Jeanne played no role whatsoever in defeating Bahamut. Beelzebub getting targeted by Bahamut immediately was beyond predictable, but I guess such a grand mistake would be fitting for a demon.

I suppose Favaro got what he wanted out of this, since he didn't really want anything. He just wanders around and follows the wind.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-04-2015, 05:09 PM
Amira/Bahamut isn't dead, because Fava still had his tail. That's what the final scenes meant.

Kraco
Sun, 01-04-2015, 06:26 PM
Amira/Bahamut isn't dead, because Fava still had his tail. That's what the final scenes meant.

Bahamut is like a force of nature and won't die for good any more than the annual tornadoes in the southern USA, but I don't really see what that has to do with Amira. If Bahamut is reborn, why would Amira be reborn with it? She was nothing but the carrier of the seal keys. I also don't recall Amira's death meaning the tail would disappear, but actually I thought the scene meant the tail was gone since he was rubbing his ass and there was no tail in sight.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-04-2015, 08:22 PM
No one really knows what Bahamut really is, and the Zeus/Satan sealed him because they weren't strong enough to kill it outright. Fava actually had Bahamut's own barb, so he was the closest to killing. There's no basis to believe whether or not Bahamut would come back based on history. On the other hand, Fava was so damn sure because the tail was still there.

I find more sense in Fava thinking

"My tail's still attached. Amira and Bahamut are still alive somewhere" than

"My tail's gone, but Bahamut must be alive somewhere."

And if Bahamut is still alive and never died, Amira would be there somewhere too.

kmkze04
Mon, 01-05-2015, 03:50 AM
Have to say I feel a little cheated by this ending. It was pretty jumpy, the grand battle of Bahamut just spitting on the world wasn't very spectacular, and it felt clipped and rushed. And like the previous point, it was a reset ending which was meh...

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-06-2015, 12:27 PM
This show was so great...easily one of the best of 2014. The amount of detail that went into it's animation was amazing.
Refreshing music and very strong - well crafted main characters (with Rita being my favorite). I loved every second of it.

It's as if they didn't even try to slack off while animating this...they could've, but they decided not too. It's a bit difficult for me to explain what I meant, but take Bahamut's Revival for example. They made the effort to animate most of the angels, gods and demons, gave them unique armor, weapons and looks and while most of them died rather easily, you had the feeling that they at least fought back. They didn't go for the "nuclear explosion wipes out several thousand no-names"-route but made each death feel unique.

The whole series felt so much more alive because of scenes like that. I'd love to replay this story in an Action-Adventure game.. or something similiar to that.

It's funny, this show didn't need alot of depth, it was very "basic" but charming and well executed. I appreciate that.

Kraco
Tue, 01-06-2015, 01:38 PM
The whole series felt so much more alive because of scenes like that. I'd love to replay this story in an Action-Adventure game.. or something similiar to that.

I would not only be disappointed by the reset ending but really annoyed if that was all I got after finishing an action game and beating the last boss.

In fact I'm not even sure this was a simple reset ending because the dude is actually worse off than in the beginning. He lost a leg and didn't even get to keep the super sword. After going through all that shit and saving the world, he ended up with an account in the red. He got no lady, he got nothing but pain. And some paltry sum of money from the duck god, possibly, which means nothing when he has to live with a tin leg. In fact he probably had to spend all the bounty reward in the prosthetic. Such a game would be uninstalled instantly from my PC.

KrayZ33
Tue, 01-06-2015, 03:29 PM
I guess it's okay that you want to self-insert and pretend, I went for Paragon in ME myself.

However, it's kinda sad how little you took from the ending... I mean it's nothing spectacular, but unlike what you would consider a 'good ending', it is alot more consistent with what both MCs stood for.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 01-06-2015, 04:34 PM
It would have been a better ending if Favaro had his tail at the end.

Kraco
Tue, 01-06-2015, 05:58 PM
I guess it's okay that you want to self-insert and pretend

Perhaps, but I just find it a bit hard to believe Favaro really wants nothing in life. But I admit there are people like that: They just go where their boots take them, from one inn to the next basically in this setting, and do odd jobs just enough to buy their drinks (unless they find ways to get them without paying). Kaisar got the nice position in the ranks of the knights he always dreamed of. Then he dropped it for some incomprehensible reason to follow Favaro, despite the fact he's totally different personality wise and thus following Favaro around will only ruin the fun for both of them. He's not following him anymore because he'd have absolutely nothing better to do and for revenge and justice, like in the beginning. He's following him for the sake of the reset ending.

KrayZ33
Wed, 01-07-2015, 12:28 PM
He's following him for the sake of the reset ending.

No, he's following him because he values him more than his re-aquired knighthood, which tells you alot about what happened between them and especially to him during their adventure.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-07-2015, 12:32 PM
So it's bromance?

Kraco
Wed, 01-07-2015, 01:06 PM
No, he's following him because he values him more than his re-aquired knighthood, which tells you alot about what happened between them and especially to him during their adventure.

So it's bromance?

Jesus, man. I found it sad Favaro lost the chance to get a super cute half-angel, half-demon girlfriend, and now you are telling me he got a boyfriend instead? What a great ending...

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-07-2015, 02:33 PM
A hammerhead haired boyfriend. Just sayin'.

KrayZ33
Thu, 01-08-2015, 02:55 PM
What a great ending...

The thing is: Just because its not your superhappy disney ending, doesn't mean its not a good one.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 01-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Just because it's not a happy ending does not make it a good one either.

Reset endings generally suck. Meaningful endings are generally good, regardless if they are happy, tragic, or a mix of both.

Lucifus
Thu, 01-08-2015, 03:15 PM
I was personally quite happy with the ending, sad Amira went all vanishy, but twas a good ending to a superb short anime.

Kraco
Thu, 01-08-2015, 03:16 PM
The thing is: Just because its not your superhappy disney ending, doesn't mean its not a good one.

Les Miserables was one of the first novels I read in my life, back when I learned to read as a kid, so I'm not exactly looking up to the Amurikan Disney ending® as a default kind of ending. Good end, sad end, something between those, they are all fine as long as they are well written. Reset endings rarely get any sympathy from me, though, which is one reason why I find it so hard to watch harem shows these days. I certainly never want to see reset endings in any shows outside of the harem genre, obviously.

Kraco
Fri, 05-08-2015, 06:12 AM
Looks like there's a chance to get a proper ending with a second season (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-06/rage-of-bahamut-genesis-anime-gets-2nd-season/.87869)! I suppose it's possible the characters would change for the second season, like sometimes happens, but I choose to hope to see Favaro chasing Amira again.

Kraco
Sat, 04-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Virgin Soul 1

- --- - - - --

Damn, this was a solid first episode. Of course I'll keep missing Amira, but this looks promising even without her. Nina didn't seem bad at all in the mean time, and the red dragon inside her (?) was kicking ass exactly like a dragon should. I hope there's a good role for Favaro reserved in this as well. Kaisar didn't look entirely happy in his role under the dubious king, as expected.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 04-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Kaiser is waiting for his bro to cause trouble so he has an excuse to chase him again. Kind of disappointing Nina's source of power is shown so quickly though. Could have gone a bit longer but none the less...was one good episode.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-08-2017, 08:03 PM
Best bit: zombie girl is back.

KrayZ33
Sun, 04-09-2017, 09:53 AM
I didn't like that dragon so much, looked like it's design was supposed to be featured in a different anime.
And did anyone else notice that super awkward soldier when the dragon ripped through the stone guardians/golems?

Other than that, pretty cool stuff so far. They made the armored soldiers look a bit worse imho, but that King was wearing a damn fine piece of armor there.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Bahamut Short Stories 1-2 (https://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=915652) (bridging S1 and S2)

Kraco
Thu, 04-20-2017, 06:32 AM
Virgin Soul 2

-- - - - - - - -

This is grim and good. It's quite strange the humans got so tough so suddenly, but perhaps that will be explained fully. We already did see some indication of what gave them such a huge edge. Unless it already was in Bill's short stories, which I still haven't got around to watching.

Still no sign of Favaro. It would be pretty strange if he wasn't included at all while Kaisar is, but I guess it wouldn't be impossible. The show could use some of his humour.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-20-2017, 08:28 AM
I do hope we get our Favaro soon or at least hear Kaiser yelling his name over and over.

Kraco
Fri, 04-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Virgin Soul 3

- - -

Very nice episode once again. As soon as Nina started to talk about her teacher, it was obvious who it was, but it was still funny to see the other characters' reaction to it once she finally spelled the name. I do wonder, though, how Favaro ended up in such a position. Not that he would have had an easy life in normal places, but he should be exactly neither teacher material nor one to stay in any one place for too long. But if nothing else, at least he was already used to big, angry lizard monsters. Unless it already was explained in Bill's short stories^2.

Nina's character and her weakness is really growing on me. I find her funny. It's jolly good how well depicted the characters are. I'd still like to see Favaro return as well, nevertheless.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-22-2017, 10:31 PM
The short stories (only 2 so far afaik) only go through the immediate post-S1 events. Favaro's travels without Kaiser are not covered.

ONA 1 - Fava and Kaiser visit their fathers' graves.
ONA 2 - Kaiser trains while talking to Jean.

At this point, I'm going to guess that Favaro will stay out of the picture and be mentioned in name only (at least up until the finale). There's no role for a bounty hunter anymore and Nina is already taking the role of "MC who finds themselves into trouble".

The story so far as 3 major points:
-Nina finds out the world is more complex than her village.
-Kaiser deals with the fact he's serving an oppressive king and is figuring out what justice actually means.
-Azazel turns from an oppressive demon to a savoir of the oppressed minority.

Favaro can fit into the first bit, but it's more effective for Nina to grow on her own without being in the shadow of her teacher.

Kraco
Sun, 04-23-2017, 05:36 AM
Yeah, what you say is true, but it just seems weird Kaiser is prominently in, whereas Favaro is not. They are of the same age, more or less, so why is one retired and one in full service? Did Favaro simply give up on life because he couldn't save Amira? Kaiser still has his goals ahead of him as he got back into the knight business, but now it looks like it was only the beginning with the king being so evil and injustice reigning free.

KrayZ33
Mon, 04-24-2017, 06:51 AM
"Qua qua quack"

Best character in the show.

Kraco
Fri, 04-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Episode 4

- - - - -

Jeanne also drew the short straw in this second season. Damn that king has been busy pissing off every single non-human being and some humans as well.

I'm getting a feeling Nina's dragon form is much more formidable than dragons usually are. Azazel even compared her to (mini-) Bahamut. The king's forces are withdrawing time after time facing her, and that's the same king and the same troops that were apparently beating demons and gods left and right. I can't really see how Nina could be connected to Bahamut, though, unless she's a reincarnation. Is Favaro her teacher because of the vague resemblance of power?

The previews are hilarious in this show.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-28-2017, 10:37 PM
I just want to know who Jean cuddled with. It's got to be a god, but most of the ones from last season were all female. "Virgin Soul" could mean either Nina (where she's a virgin and her power is uncontrollable right now because she's unaccustomed to men), or it could refer to Jean being a virgin giving a miraculous birth. Hopefully it's not the latter, that would be cheap.

Kraco
Fri, 05-12-2017, 06:06 PM
Baha baha baha episode 6

- -- - - - - -

Nina is like an MC from the most hopeless shoujo manga. It's hard to say how anybody could hope to use her for anything intelligent, but then again, she can't control her transformation. Yet at the same time who is supposed to control her dragon form? I reckon she wouldn't anymore attack the king, though. I wonder if the king has figured out the situation. He doesn't seem like a person who would spend time with some random plebeian girl, considering how ruthless he is. On the other hand it's hard to see why he would be keeping Nina alive if he indeed knows the truth. He's a human superiority fundamentalist, so a human-dragon-hybrid shouldn't be relevant to his interests. Perhaps he has figured something out, but only something.

I'm still missing Favaro. He was so fitting for the general atmosphere of this title.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-12-2017, 09:48 PM
The king hasn't figured out shit. He's just here for a good time.

I'm wondering if his bracelet is why Nina didn't transform on touch, and whether that suppresses her dragon powers to any degree.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 05-13-2017, 06:53 AM
I think she didn't transform because she had plenty of distractions even if it was with him. She had fun. More than enough to keep her mind off of the fact that she was with a handsome man.

We still need FAVAROOOOOOO.

Kraco
Sat, 05-20-2017, 03:50 AM
Episode 7

- - - - - -

Azazel isn't fit to lead anyone. The very fact he built such a grand plan that all hinged on one airhead girl not under his command and of very dubious allegiance in the first place is a testament to his recklessness and foolishness. Even if Nina had arrived at the site and transformed, how could he have been sure she would have staid and fought? Or when they were already so far away when he found her, what made him think he could have taken the dragon to the site of the battle? He knows next to nothing about Nina, yet thought he could give her the most important part of the plan without even getting her agreement. While that's actually a demonic thing to do, he should have first spent a whole lot more time with Nina to be able to learn how she can actually be used and what kind of limits she has and formulate a plan accordingly. Now it was all his wishful thinking and nothing else. Perhaps the worst part of it all is that he had no plan B whatsoever, in case he fails to make the red dragon appear.

The other demons were correct: They were idiots to trust Azazel even for a moment.

Meanwhile, the kind has managed to make Nina fall for him for real. Although it remains to be seen what happens when Nina learns the man of her dreams is the merciless, brutal king who hates everyone but pure humans.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-20-2017, 06:30 AM
I don't think it would have been hard to provoke Nina once she transformed. Some human would have attacked her given their prior hostility.

Nina being an airhead and going "What's happening? I don't know what's happening." was shit painful.

Kraco
Sun, 05-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Episode 8

- - - -

What the hell, man. Here I've been wondering for the whole eight episodes where on Earth Favaro is and why he isn't around causing trouble like he should be, and it turns out he has been busy growing a beard in a prison. It's good to have him back, but it's also pretty strange he's content with simply rotting in a cell. Maybe he's there to keep an eye on Jeanne. Nevertheless, it would be exceedingly weird if he's not going to get them all out now. Favaro if anybody should be able to perform a stylish prison break.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 05-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Oh man, was loving those last few secs. This show needed a good dose of FAVAROOOOOOOO!

Kraco
Tue, 06-06-2017, 04:00 PM
Episode 9

- - - --- -

What on Earth is Favaro actually doing? Why is he so content just swinging a pickaxe? That prison doesn't exactly look so miserable or high security and you'd think Favaro would have a bone to pick with the king. It's kind of strange both Favaro and Kaisar are so subdued in this second season. They were the guys fighting against Bahamut in the first season, but here they don't amount to anything. Nina is still quite an amusing character, but it would be great if she actually did something proactively and didn't just float around like a wood chip on water following currents.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 06-07-2017, 06:17 AM
I'm convinced that actually is a rather high security prison.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-10-2017, 07:28 AM
Episode 10

-------------------

I scoffed once I learned Jeane's pregnancy and birth lasted all of 10 seconds. How could anyone form a deep mother/son relationship during that short time? Not to mention it was actually kind of creepy.

It turned out rather touching however. That was a damn good ep.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 06-10-2017, 09:07 AM
A deep relationship because of that? Faith! Plus we don't know how long they lived together.
Still....not a big fan of flash back episodes now that we've gotten Favaro back. The jail break is going to be fun to see.
Nina meeting up with Favaro again. Jeanne seeing Kaiser and Favaro again.Good times.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-10-2017, 11:09 AM
A deep relationship because of that? Faith! Plus we don't know how long they lived together.

I meant from the birth/pregnancy alone, before clips were shown of them living together.

Conception to "Mama" - 10sec.

Kraco
Sun, 06-11-2017, 02:52 PM
That was a damn good ep.

It wasn't a bad ep, but I'm not so sure it was needed. It's not like Mugaro/El wouldn't have been established enough already. People being abused, killed, and thrown into a prison are the daily bread of that tyrant's reign, so I never felt like wondering why Jeanne is there, especially since we already knew she's the mom and the king was looking for the kid. At least this little background story was executed well enough, so I don't feel like it was a total waste of minutes, but I'd rather see their escape. I certainly hope Favaro plays a role in it. He has a lot of catching up to do in this season.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 06-13-2017, 02:38 AM
It wasn't a bad ep, but I'm not so sure it was needed

I had the physiological need to know how Jeanne got pregnant, so this ep gave the much needed answer.

Kraco
Fri, 06-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Episode 11

-- - - - - -

That was some lousy luck, to have the king and super soldiers appear right at that moment. But then again, that escape plan was really miserable in the first place. Rita seems far more successful, although you'd think getting in was easier than getting out. The king might do something after seeing all the knocked out soldiers. Realistically speaking Jeanne should have been under extra guard due to these special circumstances. I guess it would be pretty nasty, but their escape would be easier if Rita turned the guards into zombies. Although that might doom the other prisoners as well.

I'll be somewhat disappointed if Rita needs to save Favaro+Kaisar as well. That would be ultimate testament to Favaro having lost his edge for good and being nothing but a hobo anymore.

All in all it doesn't matter if it's the gods or the demons. Both seem equally selfish and wicked. Albeit both are less evil than the king.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-19-2017, 06:35 AM
FAVARO!!!!!!!!

Man the previews are good.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 06-20-2017, 01:03 AM
Been waiting for that preview of him screaming FAVARO!!!
I don't think Favaro has lost his edge or anything. I think he knows he can't escape on his own.

Kraco
Tue, 06-20-2017, 02:12 AM
Been waiting for that preview of him screaming FAVARO!!!
I don't think Favaro has lost his edge or anything. I think he knows he can't escape on his own.

He isn't on his own anymore. He has got Kaisar to assist him now. Kaisar is an excellent fighter, and Favaro should be pretty crafty. That's a good combo for an escape.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 06-20-2017, 05:14 AM
Though I am sure that Nina will meet Favaro when his hair is down and turn into a dragon.

Kraco
Tue, 07-04-2017, 02:42 PM
Episode 13

-- - -

It's quite frustrating already how Favaro does absolutely nothing for the story and Kaisar very little. It's equally annoying how Nina needed to rely on their biggest enemy to get anything done. At the very least Rita continues to deliver and saved something in this episode by rescuing Nina and Jeanne. Both the gods and the demons' incompetence is on another level this season, not that there would have been too much to praise during the first season either.

In any case quite an interesting world with three factions all competing for the title of the most scumbaggish race. Although I'm all the time saddened by the demise of the demons and now gods. No matter how bad the old order was, it was still better than this psychopath king's rule. You can see that once he's finished with the demons and the gods, he would next target the dragons and everyone else different from humans and not licking his boots eagerly enough.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 07-05-2017, 03:00 AM
I didn't think that humans in the old order were bullied enough to warrant the king's hunt. Their sudden rise to power isn't well explained either (where were these tablets stolen exactly?), but at this point I don't consider it a big deal. As you said it's more about seeing Favaro do something. Besides acting as El's mum, Jeane isn't powerful anymore either.

I think what's funny is that while Jeane x Kaiser might be the most likely pair, Azazel would be closer to El as a dad.

Kraco
Wed, 07-05-2017, 08:21 AM
I didn't think that humans in the old order were bullied enough to warrant the king's hunt.

I reckon he can't simply stomach a situation where there could exist something stronger or more influential than the king of humans. He wants to be in absolute control. Too bad his absolute control resulted in a shittier world than the previous one where demons and gods caused some instability and unpredictability. He even ended up throwing the people who saved the world from Bahamut into a prison/slave mine. That tells something about his mental health and self-confidence issues.

All in all this king is an average example of a human tyrant.

NeoCybercoin
Wed, 07-05-2017, 10:43 AM
Favorite bit was of course Kaiser screaming Favaro like old times. That and the fact that he pretty much copied his expression when he got captured.

Kraco
Wed, 08-09-2017, 05:20 AM
Episode 17

- - - - - -

While I'm sure the series has its reasons for doing it like this, I still find it dubious the king is depicted as such a scumbag yet is still the main heroine's love interest. It has been even hinted numerous times of late that he might have a goal that isn't all evil, at least not from all perspectives. So, why the need to make him so evil? Of course it's now clear he's so wicked largely on purpose, so one might derive some theories from that. If his goal is to rid the world of both the gods and demons, it makes sense he's trying to make those two people as miserable and antagonistic as possible as preliminary work (so that they wouldn't mind leaving and the human population wouldn't miss them). However, if that's not his goal, it's hard to see why he's creating extra trouble on purpose.

Nevertheless, it is good to know the king does have a definite, concrete goal. Interestingly enough that single goal seems to be enough for him as he himself and his special troops are nearing their deadline by using that whatever green power. Lucifer did analyse that correctly. Otherwise Lucifer was strangely carefree, as if nothing the king and his troops are even ready to sacrifice their lives for could possibly hurt the demons.

Whatever the goal is, I do hope it's not something that will make the world super boring, like driving the demons and gods away for good and possibly even removing magic.

Kraco
Fri, 08-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Episode 18

- - - -- -

Not a whole lot happened in this episode. Some good Favaro moments that demonstrated how much he has gone through in life. Showing him miss Amira was a nice detail.

This would be chance for a scene of "people who betray their friends are worth less than lice", but on the other hand it would be better if that Alessand fellow didn't try to betray Kaisar after all. He should have some pride.

Kraco
Wed, 08-30-2017, 08:23 AM
Episode 19

- - - - - -

It's comedy in itself that somebody would even dream of composing half-complicated plans for this bunch of eccentrics and failures, especially so that Nina would get the central role. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures, but desperate measures will fail more often than not, otherwise they wouldn't be called desperate.

19 episodes in and it still hasn't been revealed what exactly is going on. This show really keeps its wraps tight.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 09-14-2017, 02:29 AM
Was Jeanne and Mugaro just gonna chill in heaven once they got back up there? They do remember that the King's after the gods too.

Not that any of that matters now. Good to see Jeanne's back, but it sucks to be at the cost of Mugaro. The kid deserved better. I can't be sure who I'd like Alessand to be killed by.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 09-14-2017, 04:37 PM
Oh I'm voting and hoping for Azazel to kill Alessand. Still hoping we'll get to see something related to Amira.I mean have we seen Favaro's tail in this season? That alone was indication she was still alive.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 09-16-2017, 05:03 AM
New ep is out.

And well I should have seen this coming in some form but did not.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-17-2017, 02:10 PM
New ep is out.

And well I should have seen this coming in some form but did not.

It's good and all that he's reviving Bahamut to kill it..
.. but why kill demons and gods? He didn't get anywhere with that except look bad.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 09-17-2017, 03:01 PM
From what I understand the Gods had stuff that he needed and them being Gods they wouldn't just give it to them. As for Demons...I dunno. Working together would have been better but every race is out for themselves if Bahamut isn't involved.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-30-2017, 12:24 AM
Episode 24

---------------------

So after all of that... Bahamut still fucking lives.

Yeah, good going Charioce.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 09-30-2017, 01:40 AM
Only Favaro says it still lives but we haven't seen any reason as to why it would still live. Sure we could say it's because Favaro still has his tail but that hasn't even been showed this season.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 09-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Only Favaro says it still lives but we haven't seen any reason as to why it would still live. Sure we could say it's because Favaro still has his tail but that hasn't even been showed this season.

There's Fava's opinion, there's the fact that a dead body just disappeared back into energy. I can't find a quote at the moment, but apparently the Dragon in the alternate dimension mentioned something about Bahamut being a force of nature and being older than time.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 09-30-2017, 10:53 AM
Ahh right, the dragon in the forest where he got the fang he used to seal/slay Bahamut.
But I was under the impression the Heaven took the body instead of having it remain on the mortal plane.