PDA

View Full Version : Terra Formars

MFauli
Sat, 10-04-2014, 05:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KlRHFrG.jpg

With the space program attempting to travel to Mars, 21st century scientists were tasked with warming up the planet so that humans could survive on its surface. They came up with an efficient and cost-effective plan of sending cockroaches and mold to the surface so that the mold would absorb the sunlight and the insect corpses would serve as a food source for the mold.

It is now the year 2577 and the first manned ship to Mars has landed on the planet and the six crew members are ready for their mission. But what they find are giant mutated humanoid cockroaches with incredible physical strength. The crew members are easily wiped out, but not before sending a transmission back to Earth. Now, humanity will send elite warriors to exterminate the mutated bugs and claim back Mars.

-----------------------------------------

episodes 1 and 2 are out
------------------------------

man, i dont know what to think about this anime. the plot is ridiculous, the enemy design looks so bad and cartoony and funny. But i like the quick pace things are going at, and these cockroaches are really merciless. now my one fear is that the human characters will become too strong once they inject this medicine, so itīll be interesting to see if itīs a balanced power up, or one that ruins all tension.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-04-2014, 07:00 PM
I cringed at the fact that they kept the medicine all the way in the storage room. This is persona safety stuff - keeping it on you is the best way to go.

The bugs look like cockroach humans with gorilla faces.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-04-2014, 09:49 PM
I actually like the bug design. Reminds of of the uncanny valley design of SnK.

I completely agree about the meds. Why would you keep something so valuable in one place and with so little security?

Carnage
Mon, 10-06-2014, 09:48 AM
I feel like this is part of a test. Anyway, I am enjoying the story. It seems like there are some blatant shonen tropes, and I'd like to thing the anime is parodying the genre as a whole.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2014, 10:01 AM
I feel like this is part of a test. Anyway, I am enjoying the story. It seems like there are some blatant shonen tropes, and I'd like to thing the anime is parodying the genre as a whole.

If it's a test, then there's a pretty great risk to it. It sounds like the crew are near useless without their medicine, and the roaches are currently destroying it. At the very least, this test doesn't have adequate damage control.

MFauli
Fri, 10-10-2014, 12:49 PM
episode 3 is out
--------------------

I dont get it. I thought they created super-human soldiers because these cockroaches were so strong. But apparentely they can be killed by machine-induced force, too. They couldnīt even break the walls and windows of the spaceship. So ... why not send some military space ships there?

Other than that, an enjoyable episode.

Oh, and are they doing the censoring on purpose, to hype up the series? "Hey, look, our anime is soooo gruesome, check it out!" ?
Because nothing of the implied violence so far is any worse than what weīve seen in, for example, Attack on Titan.

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 10-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah, the censoring is way over the top. I mean come on, he lost an arm. No need to freaking censor half of the frame for that.

Edort4
Fri, 10-10-2014, 09:00 PM
I cant help it but feel that this is some kind of rip-off of attack on titan. The way they try to make the show feel gruesome and crude, the feeling of fighting and impossible fight, how they get completely overruned and the "elites" fall as flies etc.

I guess that they will try to deviate from that rip-off feeling when medicine starts spreading turning them into bug killing machines that can fight hundreds of them but for a limited time and with great after effects, low reserves, "special" terraformars that kill medicine powered up guys bla bla bla.

Im also another one that doesnt understand all this censoring. Trying to boost up uncensored dvd sales? Im no marketing expert but sounds stupid to me.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 10-26-2014, 04:38 AM
I have to say without the needless censoring it's pretty cool. Plenty of action now.
Also I found the new uncensored episodes. Horrible just released them

[HorribleSubs] Terra Formars (Uncensored) - 01 [1080p] (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=615072)
[HorribleSubs] Terra Formars (Uncensored) - 02 [1080p] (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=615086)
[HorribleSubs] Terra Formars (Uncensored) - 03 [1080p] (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=615090)

MFauli
Fri, 11-14-2014, 04:13 PM
episode 8 is out
-------------------

yay, mysterious german guy pwning 300 cockroaches at the same time :D

Fuck that cunt who cheated on him.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-14-2014, 09:53 PM
The ants aren't as scary anymore now that they're the only ones that die. Thankfully that means no more censoring as well.

I don't get the adultery though. Her apparent loneliness came out of nowhere. They never hinted whether he was still busy all the time with military experiments or anything until right at the end.

kmkze04
Fri, 11-14-2014, 10:04 PM
So are the new eps (4-8) uncensored already or are only the first three? I haven't started yet so I'm on the fence about it...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-14-2014, 10:53 PM
So are the new eps (4-8) uncensored already or are only the first three? I haven't started yet so I'm on the fence about it...

Short answer: No, new eps aren't uncencored.

Elaboration: The newer eps feature more roaches being ripped apart than humans, so there isn't actually much censoring to speak of in the first place. I can't guarantee it to be zero though. Someone might have lost a limb here or there that warranted 2 seconds of black.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-14-2014, 10:56 PM
She was just a slut. I assume that the child was conceived AFTER she had sworn loyalty to him. Otherwise, it would have far less impact or relevance.

There is no excuse for willing betrayal. "I was lonely?" WTF. Your husband is destined to fight macho insects and has been experimented on all his life. Fuck your loneliness.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-14-2014, 11:19 PM
I just realised I called these guys ants. HxH is still influencing my life it seems.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-21-2014, 09:36 PM
HS - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=625768)

------------------------------

She was a bitch, but at the same time the impact is offset by how random that aspect is. She was never portrayed as a player or an open sort of girl right up until they decided to make her adulterous. It's as frustrating as it is confusing. If he makes it out of this, he's got Eva at least.

MFauli
Fri, 11-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Why were all the others staying back? I dont get it. Even if they arent as strong, all of them were brought there to fight with their animal-powers. Weird.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-21-2014, 10:37 PM
From the looks of things, they could do jack shit. Even the "strong" woman was ripped to shreds by the tough ant.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Roach.

It was a match up mistake. The number 2 most powerful earthling should have faced the elite roach. The somewhat useful girl should have kept the fodder busy during that time. Then both of them could have fought against the horde.

This show makes up random power levels, but at least it's fun to watch.

I wonder if he killed his adulterous wife. I know I would have. I really liked his complaint about the whole affair. "Why did you do something so animalistic?" Because humans are animals.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 11-22-2014, 06:29 AM
All of those other people on his team should have at least have had a useful ability. Maybe they were meant for recon or stuff like that but not all of them. That'd be just plain stupid. They should all have the strength to kill the roaches. I think that's what's said in one of the earlier episodes.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-28-2014, 10:33 PM
HS - Episode 10 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=628419)

-------------------------------------

I honestly hoped someone dug that bomb out of Reinhart and threw it somewhere far away, but the chances of that happening are 0.00000003%. I would have really liked to see Reinhart/Eva make a start. That guy's had it rough. The only real consolidation was that his wife didn't get any more money out of him, but that's hardly satisfying. Germany stated they had "other" research, so I wonder what that meant - are other Division 5 members alive?

The bomb shouldn't have started though without confirming Reinhart's death (circulatory or otherwise), so that's unlikely. His defibrillator is supposed to kick in too if he was in a weird rhythm, so any hope that he'll live on is actually pretty slim even without the bomb blowing up within him. I doubt the bomb would have gone off due to a roach proximity sensor instead, since this was meant to be a safe measure against humans.

The other members of Division 5 didn't look like they could be of much help transformed or not.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Maybe the light was from Reinhart frying his own bomb to ensure his team survives. Shounen nonsense ftw.

Really though. The roach surviving the lightning strike was simply ridiculous. The explanation didn't make it any better.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-29-2014, 12:09 AM
Yeah. That's basically saying that a natural lightning bolt is weaker than Reinhart's discharges.

edit: thinking back, if roaches know how to drive vehicles and throw slings, they should be familiar with inertia, unlike what Akira said earlier. It shouldn't be as if this was the first lightning storm on Mars either.

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 11-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Man, I was under the impression all of them were able to kill roaches and that's why they underwent the surgery. Now it just looks like they were all tests for the next generation. I mean come on...only Adolf was useful. And his second in command before she got splattered,

MFauli
Sat, 11-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Yeah, itīs ridiculous. Eva especially was super useless and super annoying. Cute face, big tits, thatīs it. Sigh. Im kinda glad sheīs dead now.

What I wonder is how this anime intends to improve upon Adolf. Usually, the freakier, more mysterious characters are kept for later. When we got an introduction to the next group at the end of this episode, they all looked rather generic. Some tough fighters and a girl with wings. Okay. Thatīs not as impressive as a scrawny dude with a skinless mouth and electric charge attacks :>
I fully expect wing girl to die super quickly, anyway. Her one advantage is her speed. Her bodyīs likely super fragile. One hit and sheīs down.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-16-2016, 10:49 AM
HS - Season 2 - Episodes 01 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=799137), 02 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=801024), 03 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=803210).

----------------------------------------

Episode 01: That was boring as hell. The first season was established on the premises that these roaches were touch as nails and hard to kill. Remember how they were supposed to have an amazing dash that screwed you over? Now they're shown here as cannon fodder.

That said.. episode 02 and 03 were entertaining. I'm cheering for Russia but I'm secretly hoping China has a role in the story for some time to come. It's not often you see China be a strong villain.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-16-2016, 11:09 AM
Episode 1 was a recap of the ending of season 1, right..?

Okay, I'll try my best not to exaggerate, but the art for this season is utterly terrible.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Episode 1 was a recap of the ending of season 1, right..?

Sort of. It inserted recaps into meaningless, boring fights that were a "continuation" of S1.

The art certainly took a dive. It's the most obvious when comparing Michelle's glasses. They were really cool in S1. S2 are just.. glasses.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-16-2016, 11:22 AM
I think the animation took the hardest hit. Did you notice how weird Akira's movements were? The timing of the sound and moves didn't match either.

And there was one scene where Michelle was talking, but her mouth didn't move at all.

It's a pity because I really like how this show kills off characters. It's hard to care all that much if they look like scribbles.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 04-16-2016, 11:23 AM
I think the animation took the hardest hit. Did you notice how weird Akira's movements were? The timing of the sound and moves didn't match either.

And there was one scene where Michelle was talking, but her mouth didn't move at all.

I actually didn't notice either of those.

Maybe Michelle's if she was in this deformed state.

MFauli
Sat, 04-16-2016, 11:25 AM
This is the worst anime by far. But I accepted that any now I watch it for the shits and giggles.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 04-16-2016, 11:36 AM
@Buff - I forgot to turn my eyes off while watching this.

NeoCybercoin
Thu, 04-28-2016, 11:43 AM
Figures human's start fighting each other even on another planet when humanity itself is at stake.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 04-28-2016, 12:56 PM
In the middle of battle against monkeyroaches.

It's ridiculous.

MFauli
Thu, 04-28-2016, 01:27 PM
I always wonder if this anime has "real" fans. I pretty much keep watching because I want to see what ridiculous silliness they come up with next, but if somebody told me to stop watching or else Iīm not allowed to go to bed 5 minutes earlier, Iīd have no problems with quitting this anime ;>

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-28-2016, 11:14 PM
I'm a fan of the female designs in this show.

I'm also mildly interested in this. It's entertaining enough.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 06:53 PM
Episode 5:

Wow, that was a great episode. Bald guy's story was really touching. It's too bad he didn't manage to kill the Hong girl, who is the worst type of asshole. She is literally killing everyone including her teammates, yet she has the gall to say that she knows nothing about government and stuff. Her bacteria could very well end the human race because it's being used to cause chaos in Mars for a dumb power struggle.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-29-2016, 07:05 PM
I don't know of an "animal" that has a bacteria-based weapon that's genetic.

Oh well. The sob stories in this anime are pretty cool. Adolf from last season set off similar emotions. When I think about it that way, Alexander got a decent life before it ended.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 07:37 PM
Maybe she isn't fused with an animal but the bacteria itself. She just produces cellular level versions of her annoying (but sexy) self and kills people with it.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-29-2016, 07:44 PM
Maybe she isn't fused with an animal but the bacteria itself. She just produces cellular level versions of her annoying (but sexy) self and kills people with it.

That'd have to be an exception to everything else so far, but possible.

The Chinese must have chosen their "they take off their clothes when they fight" candidates purposely.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 04-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Definitely.

Akari looks like crap this season. I preferred how he looked in the first one much more.

Parkalash
Sun, 05-01-2016, 05:29 PM
This anime is so weird,, but still i kinda like the whole idea of the plot and the world, i think the manga gives the anime justice! havent read all of it yet, just a bit.

PS. I love gantz and terra formars are somewhat like gantz, Looking forward to the CGI Gantz movie! so much manga stuff if the teaser.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-01-2016, 05:32 PM
Didn't the manga come before the anime? How can the source material give the adaptation justice?

Parkalash
Sun, 05-01-2016, 06:09 PM
That's just how i wanted to express it ! =P

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-01-2016, 06:31 PM
Just to clarify, you mean the manga is much better than the anime, and we should read it, right?

Parkalash
Tue, 05-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Just to clarify, you mean the manga is much better than the anime, and we should read it, right?

Mana is almost always better, btw read gantz! ;)

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-03-2016, 01:16 PM
I read Gantz at the beginning and lost interest in the middle. There are simply too many characters for me to care about them, just like this series. I'd like this better if it focused more on Akira and the blond senpai.

As much as I like the actual stories for the side-characters in this show, I don't like the flashback-the-same-episode-you-die method of storytelling. It cheapens the death. If you want to deliver a proper emotional scene, do the flashback a few episodes before, make them prominent to the larger story, and THEN kill them.