PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Fall Season 2014

MFauli
Sat, 09-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Watching all those #12 episodes made me remember that it marked the end of the season. A quick googling brought me to the chart for the upcoming fall 2014 season. Havenīt checked out yet what Iīll watch, but will do so now.

http://anichart.net/fall

The big one seems to be Log Horizon S2 :o

Edit:

Alright, shows Iīll give a try:

- Danna ga Nani wo Itteru ka Wakaranai Ken (sounds fun. If itīs well made, why not?)
- Gundam Build Fighters Try (continuation of the first season, set 7 years in the future. I wonder if the hottest milf in "existence" will make a return. 7 years shouldnt be enough to hurt Rinko-chan :>)
- Gundam: G no Reconguista (because of the above, I want to try out a real Gundam-anime, too)
- Log Horizon S2 (obviously. Canīt wait to see whatīll happen next)
- Mushishi Zoku Shou 2 (didnīt know more was coming, huh)
- Sanzoku no Musume Ronja (well known european story, animated by Ghibli. Should be good)

Not a whole lot of promising anime. And HXH will be gone :(

Munsu
Sat, 09-20-2014, 08:44 AM
I'm leaving for work, so I'll just make a quick list and elaborate later:

Kiseijuu - this better be fucking awesome, one of my favorite mangas.
Log Horizon 2nd Series
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle
Psycho-Pass 2

I'm sure there are more, but going on anime titles alone these will be must see for me, I'll check the list better later today when I get back from work.

But the season looks very promising.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 09-20-2014, 09:50 AM
This is probably one of the best seasons in recent years.

High Expectation:

FSN Unlimited Blade Works - When done by Ufotable, this is a surefire masterpiece.
Grisaia no Kajitsu - One of my favorite VNs. It has a cast of broken but hilarious characters. The comedy and drama are fantastic. My only worry is how they can adapt this properly without all the sex scenes and the path branching.
Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle - I loved the first season. Chaikas are the few thick-browed anime girls that I actually like.
Log Horizon 2nd Series - The plot has thickened right before the first season ended. I'm guessing we get the meat now. And more Akatsuki.
Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Dragons, magical weapons, and war. I liked the first few volumes of the VN and have been waiting for an adaptation. The MC is a badass archer, which is quite a twist from the usual swordsman. I just hope they don't emulate the LN art, which looks outdated.
Mushishi Zoku Shou - This show will always be good.
Psycho Pass 2 - I wonder how Gen will shock people again.
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - I cannot recommend this enough. This is one of the best mangas I have ever read. The story is so good I don't think it is possible to fuck this up.

Will Surely Watch:

Amagi Brilliant Park - KyoAni for the season. The premise looks wacky, so I am curious why this studio took it.
Danna ga Nani wo Itteru ka Wakaranai Ken - The dialect usage in the title already hooked me. The premise sounds hilarious, and the ad image is very attractive.
Kiseijuu - I think I started the manga but trailed off somewhere. This is definitely a good story. Seinen.

I will watch most of the rest anyway, excluding yaoi, bishounen, or kiddy (card games, gundam for children) ones. They just seem to generic to comment on as of this moment.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Grisaia no Kajitsu - One of my favorite VNs. It has a cast of broken but hilarious characters. The comedy and drama are fantastic. My only worry is how they can adapt this properly without all the sex scenes and the path branching.

This appears to be an overwhelmingly popular VN...so I have to ask, if we watch this, can we expect nothing but a barrage of comments that, "the adaptation sucks, they aren't doing justice to whatsherface, the protagonist is/isn't as strong as they were in the novel, the protagonist became too bland, it's a pity they minimized whatsherface, they ruined it, OMG I can't believe they left [this] out!" ?

I'm not pointing fingers at you directly, and you aren't the only VN player around here, but AniDB already has a slew of comments of similar effect and the series is weeks away.

That kind of response will kill any enthusiasm I might have toward watching it if that's the kind of commentary the rest of us can expect.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 09-20-2014, 10:44 AM
I don't really comment like that, evident in the Mahouka/SAO/even Tokyo Ghoul, where I only complained at the end, threads, but it is always a possibility for others. I personally try my best to minimize commenting on stories I already know to avoid spoiling others unintentionally.

Kraco has played this game, so go ask him if he plans to rant.

Ryllharu
Sat, 09-20-2014, 10:57 AM
The general sentiment I've gotten is that this is so loved, that it can never meet the player's expectations and my concern is that I'd rather not waste my time on a series where there only comments from others are going to boil down to, "this doesn't compare to the game."

I think the two of you won't be a problem, but who knows.

RandomC's preview (http://randomc.net/2014/09/18/fall-2014-preview/) is also out. The only preview that counts!

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken - For Certain. Tamura Yukari is always comedy gold.
Grisaia no Kajitsu - Between shinta and what I've talked to Kraco about it, I'll give it a shot.
Denki-gai no Honya-san - I've developed a weakness for part time job series.
Log Horizon 2 - My interest started to wane pretty significantly toward the end of the 1st season, so I hope it turns around enough to keep my interest.
Madan no Ou to Vanadis - Also worth a shot, if for the cast, setting, and art style alone.
FSN UBW - Given.
Hitsugi no Chaika 2 - Given.
Kiseijuu - Big fan of the manga, the change in art style is a little off-putting, but the series is over 20 years old.
PSYCHO-PASS 2 - Given.
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu - For the lulz.

Nothing else stands out at the moment, so I'll play it by ear. After the abysmal last season, I've got high hopes.

vejita613
Sat, 09-20-2014, 12:50 PM
Short and to the point....

Will definitely watch:

Gundam Reconguista in G
Nanatsu no Taizai
Gundam Build Fighters Try

Will try out:

Denki-gai no Honya-san
Amagi Brilliant Park
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Trinity Seven
Sanzoku no Musume Ronja (the animation has me curious)

Also need to keep an eye out for the D-Frag OVA.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-21-2014, 05:39 AM
Don't see anything that grabs my attention.

The only thing is the Attack On Titan movie, and that's just a rehash of the series(which, wtf is that happening, like, a year after the series first came out?).

Xelbair
Sun, 09-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Will watch
Log Horizon 2
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works
Nanatsu no Taizai
Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle
PSYCHO-PASS 2

whill check out
terraformars
denki-gai no Honya-san
Garo: Honoo no Kokuin
Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Ai Tenchi Muyou!
Akatsuki no Yona
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu

will give it a few eps
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken
Madan no Ou to Vanadis
Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo
Trinity Seven
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.

will skip
Grisaia no Kajitsu - i've read the vn, nothing great, can't see how they'll make anime adaptation unless they either: use only common route(bad), focus on one girl(bad)... but they'll probably mix the routes(bad).

Kraco
Sun, 09-21-2014, 07:59 AM
Definite watches:
UBW - A no-brainer. My favourite route of the game.
Log Horizon 2 - I liked the first season a lot.
Psycho-Pass 2 - A continuation to an intriguing show.

High hopes:
Hitsugi no Chaika 2 - First season warrants a sequel.
Kiseijuu - Like Ryll, I found the manga good and entertaining.
Grisaia no Kajitsu - The VN was excellent. If the anime is done right, it will be good.

Moderately interested:
Nanatsu no Taizai - The manga is 120% generic shounen, but quite entertaining.
Akatsuki no Yona - I like the manga and the genre, but the reverse harem is a bit strong.
Madan no Ou to Vanadis - I'm no fan of women only super powers, but this looks tolerable.
Danna ga Nani wo Itteru ka Wakaranai Ken - Had my eyes on this a while ago.

Will probably check out:
Terraformars - I watched the ova and it wasn't so captivating, but maybe it was just the ova.
Gundam shows
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Shinta praised it so highly.
Sanzoku no Musume Ronja - Ghibli is involved.

MasterOfMoogles
Sun, 09-21-2014, 02:31 PM
I usually try out most shows at least 1 episode, so it will probably be easier to just say what I'm not going to watch at all from anichart.
Aikatsu 3 - obvious reasons
Donten ni Warau - I'm kind of sick of these historical era shows
Gundam Build Fighters Try - I didn't watch the first one
Mushishi - not caught up on this
Tribe Cool Crew - this looks like a kids show
Yowamushi 2 - couldn't get through season 1

Everything else at least looks worth a shot, though I expect several to be awful.

I'm most looking forward to:
Chaika 2
Log Horizon 2
Psycho Pass 2
UBW