PDA

View Full Version : One Piece 3D2Y

Kraco
Sun, 08-31-2014, 04:45 PM
One Piece 3D2Y - Kaitou-Speed (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BKaitou-Speed%5D%20One%20Piece%203D2Y%20-%20Ace%20no%20Shi%20wo%20Koete!%20Luffy%20Nakama%2 0Tono%20Chikai%20(Overcome%20Ace%E2%80%99s%20Death !%20Luffy%E2%80%99s%20Vow%20to%20His%20Friends)%20 %5B720p%5D%5BF90BC05C%5D.mkv.torrent) | HS (http://torrentcaching.com/torrent/343F43C8154B3907A9EC9A62E959298DB0D70D39.torrent)

I watched that Kaitou-Speed since HS wasn't out yet when I downloaded it. No problems whatsoever.

This is an ova telling about Luffy's haki training and about an incident that happened during that time. It contains a little bit of recap but not enough to get boring.

- - - - - -- - -

I'm not usually the biggest fan of these occasional original movies / OVAs of popular shounen shows. Even less so the recap movies that surface every now and then. However, I have to admit this wasn't bad at all. The original enemies were decently designed and written, with a backstory that didn't try to be anything overly complicated and thus worked surprisingly well. I guess it was a bit unnecessarily grand, but at least it had the decency to locate the source of that grandness 30 years into the past, so it was in a sort of acceptable perspective compared to the super villains in the canon story.

What really made this work, for me at least, was the selection of characters involved. It was a pleasure to watch more Hancock dreaming of Luffy. One of my favourite pairings in the show, no doubt. A very pleasant surprise was naturally Buggy. He never fails to amuse with his lucky ambitious coward's personality. Dracule and Perona were inconsequential to the plot, but I like the characters, so whatever. Action wasn't bad, either, showing Luffy with unreliable haki. Hancock's action scenes were great. Such a troublesome shichibukai... Like I said before, the main villain was good in his straightforwardness. He had been a decent man once, but power had first started to corrupt him, and then 30 years in Impel Down finished the job, turning him into a monster of a man.

To mention something negative, it would be some of the dialogue. The dwarf of a big brother was annoying, always repeating the same shit. He didn't really achieve anything at all in the movie. The other faulty dialogue was World every time managing to upset Luffy by mentioning Ace and how Luffy can't protect anybody. That happened too often.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-02-2014, 02:06 AM
ZA WARUDO!!

One would think that the entire point of recapping something like the climactic scenes of the Whitebeard War in a movie would be to show those scenes in an improved, movie-level quality.

But I think that scene may have actually looked inferior to how it looked in the series.

Oh well, any excuse for more Hancock is a good excuse.

Obviously, the most interesting thing it it was the last 10 seconds of the credits.