PDA

View Full Version : Zankyou no Terror

Xelbair
Thu, 08-14-2014, 04:05 PM
http://www.animexmusic.net/uploads/1/4/1/8/14181808/343297993_orig.jpg

In an alternate version of the present, Tokyo has been decimated by a shocking terrorist attack, and the only hint to the identity of the culprit is a bizarre video uploaded to the internet. The police, baffled by this cryptic clue, are powerless to stop the paranoia spreading across the population.

While the world searches for a criminal mastermind to blame for this tragedy, two mysterious children—children who shouldn't even exist—masterfully carry out their heinous plan. Cursed to walk through this world with the names Nine and Twelve, the two combine to form "Sphinx," a clandestine entity determine to wake the people from their slumber—and pull the trigger on this world.

Zankyou no Terror Ep 1 - 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=573426)
Zankyou no Terror Ep 2 - 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=576261)
Zankyou no Terror Ep 3 - 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=579232)
Zankyou no Terror Ep 4 - 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=582100)
Zankyou no Terror Ep 5 - 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=584945)
Zankyou no Terror Ep 6 - 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=587703)

Really interesting show, shown from two viewpoints - police, and the Sphinx, posting the thread because probably no one here other than me watches it and i think that this is one of best shows this season. plus it needs some discussion.

MFauli
Fri, 08-15-2014, 05:15 AM
you know, it doesnt matter how smart you are: if a young girl like Five would talk to me like that, I´d punch her in the face and throw her in a garbage container. sigh@these tropes ....

shinta|hikari
Fri, 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Even if that girl was your boss?

And you do know you'll get arrested if you do that, right?

neflight86
Fri, 08-15-2014, 10:54 AM
The soundtrack is fantastic. Story is interesting enough in a "I'm sure they'll get around to explaining that" sort of way and the rest of the production top notch. Could easily be a modern classic if they don't completely jump the shark. I only wish, as a preference, that the riddles were based on mythos less obscure to my exposure.

Xelbair
Fri, 09-26-2014, 09:25 AM
So the series is finished.

I've enjoyed the ending, and the whole series, but sadly Lisa's character was mostly useless for plot, except for later scenes. a bit more character development from her would be nice.

What i really liked was that it presented veiwpoints of terrorist and police, without judging them - fact that Sphinx did not kill anyone in their bombings was working in favour of this.

MasterOfMoogles
Fri, 09-26-2014, 09:22 PM
I haven't watched the last episode just yet, but man, this show really jumped the shark in the airport chess match arc and only got more stupid from there. It is a shame, too, because it had tons of potential.

This show might win biggest letdown of the season, just ahead of Tokyo ESP because this show fell from a much higher place.
During and after the airport arc, hardly anything the some of the characters did made any sense. The stupidity reached new heights in the ridiculous car chase scene.
At this point, I can only hope the last episode is even more ridiculous.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 09-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Watch the last episode.

MFauli
Sat, 09-27-2014, 03:25 AM
What made this anime so disappointing for me was the lack of likable characters. There was zero room for immersing myself with anybody. Watching this show felt closer to reading a newspaper, like, I´m being fed information, details and all that stuff, but I´m never being given the option to feel emotion. In that way, it reminds me of Paranoia Agent, which I also disliked due to the lack of likable characters.

The quality in terms of animation, music and such was there. Well-presented characters not. Kinda pitty.

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 09-27-2014, 04:42 AM
Well, the last episode certainly delivered in the ridiculous department.
So many things just didn't make any sense.
The worst part, to me, is how the writing just forces characters to meet up even though there is no way they should know where they are. And it happens repeatedly throughout the show.

Let's go over the things wrong with just the final episode:
* Government sends jets after the balloon.... to do what? Turn around? That seemed pointless.
* Lisa stumbles upon 12 miraculously (let's not forget 12 miraculously finding 9 on the highway that was blocked off by police)
* Somehow the Americans can hear 9 from their helicopters
* They decide to snipe 9 because whatever, but then they shoot 12 and not 9. What?
* The Americans don't just kill everyone there to cover it up
* 9 immediately gets a headache and then dies after showing no signs of any issues

Lisa being a completely useless character and the introduction of 5 and all plot surrounding her being nonsense ruined this show.
What a letdown.

Xelbair
Sat, 09-27-2014, 06:19 AM
They sent planes to ascertain that it would explode in high alittude, and probably in worst case scenario - fire on the bomb if something went wrong to minimalize the casualities.

about americans - have you heard about directional microphones?

I agree that they should take down both of them at once, it can be only explained that they had only one sniper(lol nope).

why would they kill anyone else? only 12 and 9 knew about what happened in there(or so US thought) - Putting Lisa near the bomb was done by Five alone.

Their sickness has been implied for like 6 eps? or more?

i agree that Lisa was useless, she could've been handled way better - but Five wasn't nonsensical - mentally she was a child, a savant child.

David75
Sat, 09-27-2014, 07:47 AM
I agree that the U.S. military would have killed the 4 people there...
Why leave witnesses when there's no one in around 1 mile or more?

I also agree this show was a nonsensical list of events, with proper to awesome animation and soundtrack.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 09-27-2014, 08:57 AM
Didn't the US intentionally leave the detective alive so he would put blame on Japan? They explicitly said so. The detective did just that.

David75
Sat, 09-27-2014, 09:39 AM
I understood the idea but thought it was very weak as opposed to the simplest more realistic way of killing them all.

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 09-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Don't get me wrong, the show wasn't completely worthless. There were a lot of cool ideas, but there were just too many things I couldn't accept for a show trying to realistic.

Like, the Americans putting a bomb in the airport and the Japanese government being totally cool with that after they just blew up a subway.
They didn't even need a real bomb anyways!

9 and crew going back to their apartment after they know 5 has totally haxored him. I thought these guys were supposed to be smart.

How about 12 and Lisa escaping from the top of the ferris wheel which should have been surrounded by the Americans?

9 and 12 say they didn't want to kill anyone, yet they just EMP'd Japan. Who knows how many countless people who rely on electricity to live died.

I could have easily lived with 1 or 2 of these problems, but there are just so many.

lelouch
Sat, 10-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Rondon bridge is farring down,
farring down,
farring down.
Rondon bridge is farring down,
myy fairr raady.

5 spoke THE WORST fucking engrish. Can't tell if it's to add to her autistic persona or just poor voice acting.