PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail 16-18

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-02-2014, 02:20 AM
16 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=576815)
17 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=579812)
18 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=582617)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was wondering why in the hell everyone was attacking the dragons EXCEPT the fucking Dragon Slayers. But I guess it was so we could have a supercontrived, but still kinda cool moment at the end.

And they even brought back the Poison Dragon Slayer. That's cool.

I know Natsu wants to beat up FRogue, but it would be a lot smarter of him to fight the fire dragon. If nothing else, he could get his energy back pretty quick fighting that one.

So spilling a Dragons Blood powers up a Dragon Slayer? I wonder if that's where Sting and Rogue's Light Drive and Shadow Drive powers come from. I wonder if that's a one-time powerup, or if they get stronger with each dragon they kill?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-02-2014, 03:40 AM
I know Natsu wants to beat up FRogue, but it would be a lot smarter of him to fight the fire dragon. If nothing else, he could get his energy back pretty quick fighting that one.

Yeah. Natsu should just eat Atlas entirely. It does look kinda cool to have a dragon covered in flames, but then it's weird that you can actually touch him without getting burnt (until he actively tries to burn you).

FT's been shit lately though. :S

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 08-02-2014, 05:55 AM
From what I understand each Dragon kill makes the Dragon Slayer stronger. So it's like Skyrim I guess. Absorbing essence from them.
I mean Acnologia killed countless of dragons and eventually became one himself. So I guess in the end the best thing to kill a dragon is another dragon.

Kraco
Sat, 08-02-2014, 07:03 AM
Forget Acnologia, Zirconis is the best dragon. I'm looking forward to his scenes. The troll dragon. A fitting opponent for Wendy considering Zirconis likes to talk as well and isn't as straightforwardly violent as some of the others were. At least so far.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 08-02-2014, 12:55 PM
From what I understand each Dragon kill makes the Dragon Slayer stronger. So it's like Skyrim I guess. Absorbing essence from them.It would have made more sense if THAT is how Dragon Slayers gained additional elements, instead of just eating another Slayers attacks.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 08-02-2014, 07:03 PM
It would make a little more sense if they continued the theme of emptying your container of magic in order to accommodate for the new element, but they just chuck it down to "willpower" as always.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-03-2014, 12:32 AM
It would make a little more sense if they continued the theme of emptying your container of magic in order to accommodate for the new element, but they just chuck it down to "willpower" as always.Well, the "emptying your container" thing only ever came up once. And it wasn't to use a new element, it was just so he could eat previously uneatable flames.

And honestly, I thought THAT was stupid at the time as well.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-03-2014, 04:57 AM
Well, the "emptying your container" thing only ever came up once. And it wasn't to use a new element, it was just so he could eat previously uneatable flames.

And honestly, I thought THAT was stupid at the time as well.

Eating flames is unfanthomable to begin with in real life. They argued that dragon slayers were taught to be able to stomach dragon flames and thus could eat anything they want. God flame was stronger so in order to eat that you had to rebuild your container, which must be emptied or else the residual dragon flame would burn your innards.

By extention, this would apply to any other "incompatible elements" until the user is accustomed to it. The question would come down to whether any two elements would be mutually incompatible, and the time/training required to actually pull it off.

I don't think it was stupid at all. In fact, it's one of the few things in FT powerups that have a decent explanation.

I agree that the use of the word "element" in my previous post was factually erroneous.

Kraco
Sun, 08-03-2014, 05:25 AM
God flame was stronger...

No, I don't think it was. If the god slaying technique was stronger, the god slayers could do something to the dragons here. But for example Orga's attack did absolutely nothing to the dragon, despite looking far stronger than Natsu punching the flying dragon's back. The god slayers just would like you to think they are stronger. Not everybody can be a dragon trained dragon slayer, so those who failed to become one, invented something fancy sounding and naturally claim they are even tougher, to mask their envy.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 08-03-2014, 06:07 AM
I'd put this down to flaws in writing, since for all intents and purposes God Slayer magic should be stronger than Dragon Slayer magic.

My point of view is that the author tangled himself into this mess when he created God Slayer magic as a way to rival Dragon Slayers, but then had to make the Dragon Slayers win anyway.

You're saying that God Slayer magic is basically fraudulent? The theory isn't completely bogus since I suppose we've never seen the existence of a single God (unless they've all been slain, further adding to the effectiveness of God Slaying magic, hur hur).

If it's fraudelent though, why would the 2nd Master of FT seek that magic though? He was supposed to research into the origins of magic and all to find the strongest ones. It would seem strange for him to be tricked in such a manner.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I'm with Kraco on the God Slayer magic. It just seems like Black Elemental Magic is inedible to Dragon Slayers, so they act like it's more powerful.

We've never seen a God Slayer be trained by a god, or use it to kill a god(although, to be fair, we still haven't seen a Dragon Slayer kill a Dragon yet).

I don't think it was stupid at all. In fact, it's one of the few things in FT powerups that have a decent explanation.Disagree. I think it's a stupid and deus ex machina explanation. There's no reason why using up all your power should suddenly allow you to absorb a new power.

A Dragon Slayer killing a dragon and taking it's power would make way more sense.

Kraco
Sun, 08-03-2014, 04:20 PM
If it's fraudelent though, why would the 2nd Master of FT seek that magic though? He was supposed to research into the origins of magic and all to find the strongest ones. It would seem strange for him to be tricked in such a manner.

I don't think it's fraudulent per se, after all, it is powerful. I think Orga was said to be the strongest fighter in Sabertooth at some point. It might be some version of dragon slayer magic without dragons involved, making it perhaps a deadend magic, a failed experiment. If it's more ancient than dragon slayer magic then it's possible some essential parts of it have been forgotten and thus the mages using it now aren't going to get tougher than dragon slayers, even if they, and the second master, thought they would.

Given a benefit of doubt, I suppose it's possible dragon slayer magic is more powerful against dragons specifically, and by coincidence it also makes dragon slayers tougher than god slayers. God slayers might then be more effective against some beings were haven't even seen in the story. Maybe the things god slayers were meant to slay were all killed in the distant past. Thus it would be now tough luck for god slayers, drawing the short stick. But it's not like they would be weak under normal circumstances, just not against dragons, dragon slayers, or Jura.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 08-03-2014, 06:55 PM
I suppose it's possible dragon slayer magic is more powerful against dragons specificallyI suspect that that is the case.

Maybe the things god slayers were meant to slay were all killed in the distant past. Thus it would be now tough luck for god slayers, drawing the short stick.To be fair, the Dragons were all gone as well until this exact moment. If the Eclipse Door had reached into the distant past and pulled through some ancient gods, it would be the God Slayers getting all the glory right now.

Kraco
Mon, 08-04-2014, 02:46 AM
To be fair, the Dragons were all gone as well until this exact moment. If the Eclipse Door had reached into the distant past and pulled through some ancient gods, it would be the God Slayers getting all the glory right now.

True, but like I suggested earlier, whatever the god slayers were meant to slay have never been mentioned, not even once. There's been talk about dragons throughout the whole show, however, so it would have been exceedingly strange if we never saw dragon slayers fighting dragons. Story writing wise it would have thus been quite weird if some totally unknown and unexpected things had come through the portal, instead of dragons, especially since they had been preparing for a massive dragon attack in this very arc.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 08-04-2014, 08:28 AM
True, but like I suggested earlier, whatever the god slayers were meant to slay have never been mentioned, not even once.

That's because God Slayer magic is supposed to be some ancient magic that is rare, like Time Ark. Gods are a thing of a distant past, while dragons only disappeared some 14 years ago or whatever. That said, I do agree that God Slayer magic did come out of nowhere when it was introduced, but not inappropriately so.

Talking about powerlevels and such, I wonder who would be stronger between Jura and Makrov now? I don't remember Makrov's rank prior to this, and Jura's supposedly as strong as humanly possible never mind, just remembered Laxus beat him.

Penner
Mon, 08-04-2014, 09:04 AM
And once again i keep wondering what in the hell Gildarts is doing during all of this shit?

Kraco
Mon, 08-04-2014, 09:49 AM
Talking about powerlevels and such, I wonder who would be stronger between Jura and Makrov now? I don't remember Makrov's rank prior to this, and Jura's supposedly as strong as humanly possible never mind, just remembered Laxus beat him.

Jura. Even if during the first seconds Makarov was overpowering, Jura would merely need to stretch the fight a bit and Makarov would collapse. He's too old and has a heart condition. I'm also sure Laxus could beat Makarov for the exact same reason. Makarov is a tough geezer and a head and shoulders above the other guild leaders as a boss, but he's not really a fighting man anymore.

And once again i keep wondering what in the hell Gildarts is doing during all of this shit?

Haha, what do you think? Lounging somewhere (suitably far away) with a couple of ladies.