PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail 14

DarthEnderX
Sat, 07-05-2014, 04:43 AM
Fairy Tail 14 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=571271)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well...that felt...rushed as hell.

For a minute there, they almost had me thinking Sting might make a comeback. They were certainly building it up that way. And Sting beating all of Fairy Tail alone would certainly have been an "unbelievable outcome".

Grey and Juvia was the only fight that didn't have a completely disappointing resolution.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-05-2014, 07:47 AM
Juvia's fight was the best. I could somewhat accept Erza's. Laxus' one though, I'm just to expect a simple "I lost" from Jura? That guy had 360-range attacks that were a little slow, and seemingly lightning reflex martial arts up close. We know he's powerful, but his showdowns during the Nirvana arc displayed that much better.

The white/black fellow seems to be Future Rogue, though the white hair makes no sense then. He's the thing that possessed Rogue, in any case.

@DE: For us as the audience, FT losing would indeed be an unbelievable outcome, but from the Fiore perspective having a no-name, forgotten guild come out undefeated along with the prideful Sabre surrendering would actually be the more unbelievable one.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 07-05-2014, 12:35 PM
I mean, I GET Erza's. Her Second Origin gave her the power to use some kind of super armor that she didn't have enough magic power to use before now.

But they didn't really explain what the armor did. And it just looked like she hit Minerva with the sword once, and Minerva went flying in a magnificent display of horrid animation.

The white/black fellow seems to be Future Rogue, though the white hair makes no sense then. He's the thing that possessed Rogue, in any case.The who?

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 07-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Man this was rushed as fuck. Laxus and Jura's fight should have lasted that much longer. As well as Gray/Juvia's.

Kraco
Sat, 07-05-2014, 02:13 PM
I agree with posts above: Gray & Juvia had a solid enough conclusion, especially since it's always so nice to see those two do things together. Erza's fight was a bit too much and suddenly decided by merely summoning the new armor. It always leave a dubious aftertaste, when there's first a long and straining fight, but then the other participant pulls off a secret technique to end it with ease. She should have used the bloody thing from the beginning to avoid getting all beaten and damage (even if this kids' show doesn't actually even show blood, let alone wounds).

Laxus vs Jura disappointed me the most since that's what I was looking forward to the most. All we basically got was the beginning and the very end. Nothing really explains why Jura lost. It's as if he decided to give this match to Laxus because he showed greater will to win. Quite a hollow victory.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-05-2014, 06:35 PM
What chapters are these in the manga by the way. With an adaptation like this I feel an urge to read the fights properly.

NeoCybercoin
Sun, 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM
Huh....I just reread that chapter and this is exactly how it goes.
Chap 321 is the one.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 07-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Huh....I just reread that chapter and this is exactly how it goes.
Chap 321 is the one.Yeah, you're right. Looks pretty much panel for panel.

That's probably the problem. Normally, action sequences tend to suck in manga. It's a simple side-effect of not being animation.

Normally, if nothing else, an Anime will add stuff to the fights just so there's something going on in them.

That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Kraco
Mon, 07-07-2014, 01:45 PM
That's probably the problem. Normally, action sequences tend to suck in manga. It's a simple side-effect of not being animation.

Normally, if nothing else, an Anime will add stuff to the fights just so there's something going on in them.

That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Yeah. I was hoping to see especially the Laxus vs Jura fight animated in an interesting manner. Considering this anime even stopped for a while with no more manga to animate, you'd think they could add some meat to the better parts. But I guess the Japanese are more at home adding shit to the meaningless parts like stretching the fights against the whatever executioners in the castle dungeon.