PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail S2 Ep. 12

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-20-2014, 11:10 PM
[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail S2 - 12 - 480p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=566578)| 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=566581)| 1080p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=566585)

---------------------------------------------

I'm really not enjoying how slow things have been lately. It took half an episode to even get anywhere. Interesting twist that Future Lucy (who may not even be Lucy) is the evil one now when I was led to believe that Arcadios was the one with ill intentions 1-2 episodes back.

Kraco
Sat, 06-21-2014, 06:36 AM
Ignoring the waste of time stretching fight in the palace, Gajeel vs Rogue and especially, if the preview is the to be believed, Jura vs Laxus vs what's-his-name three way battle should be very nice watches. Looks like the conclusion to Erza's fight let's us wait for itself.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-21-2014, 11:48 PM
Hmm...Iron Shadow Garjeel eh...

Natsu has used his Thunder Fire powers a couple times since he got them right? So they're permanent? I wonder if the same is going to be true of Garjeel.

I'm a little confused as to how Rogue and Sting got their powers. They supposedly have Lacrimas AND were taught slaying by dragons. But Rogue seemingly learned to be a Dragon Slayer after Garjeel left the Phantom Lords...which is well after the dragons had disappeared. So where did Rogue and Sting find these dragons they supposedly killed?

Kraco
Sun, 06-22-2014, 03:10 AM
I'm a little confused as to how Rogue and Sting got their powers. They supposedly have Lacrimas AND were taught slaying by dragons. But Rogue seemingly learned to be a Dragon Slayer after Garjeel left the Phantom Lords...which is well after the dragons had disappeared. So where did Rogue and Sting find these dragons they supposedly killed?

Wouldn't it be more likely Rogue was looking up to Gajeel already before he joined the Phantim Lords? Then during his time in the semi-dark guild Rogue looked up to him all the more (while getting his own training from a dragon)?

Although I call bullshit on those two killing their dragons. Rogue and Sting are weaker than Natsu and Gajeel. We got a taste of a dragon's power with Acnologia. There's no way those two could have beaten their masters. Unless their dragons wanted to get killed, in which case it would be beyond pitiful for them to brag about it. Maybe they are just under an illusion they killed their dragons. Who knows, maybe their whole training by dragons was an illusion. We have seen better people fall for that, such as Jellal.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Wouldn't it be more likely Rogue was looking up to Gajeel already before he joined the Phantim Lords? Then during his time in the semi-dark guild Rogue looked up to him all the more (while getting his own training from a dragon)?Well, no. Just like Wendy and Natsu, Garjeel's dragon disappears on the same day when he was a little kid. Rogue wouldn't have been looking up to Garjeel before then, and couldn't have become a Dragon Slayer afterwards.

Unless Sting and Rogue somehow found dragons that somehow didn't disappear along with the rest of them, there's no way they could have been taught dragon slaying from real dragons.

Also rememeber that Garjeel and Natsu and Wendy got stopped in time for 7 years. So as young as they are now, Sting and Rogue probably weren't even born yet on the day the dragon's disappeared.

We got a taste of a dragon's power with Acnologia.Arcnologia is also, like, the MOST powerful dragon(and not even really a dragon), so I don't think he's a good judge of the power of your average dragon.

Kraco
Sun, 06-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Arcnologia is also, like, the MOST powerful dragon(and not even really a dragon), so I don't think he's a good judge of the power of your average dragon.

Not per se, but we do know all the toughest Fairy Tail members together were more or less helpless against Acnologia. So, even if an average dragon had only a tenth of Acnologia's power, Sting & Rogue back then wouldn't have stood any chance. That's why I'm confident in saying that there's no way they could have killed their dragon masters in a fair fight.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Do you think Natsu would have been able to? Or are you just assuming no Dragon Slayer would ever be able to defeat their master? Because...well...if that were the case, I doubt they'd be called Dragon Slayers.

Dragon Slayer magic is taught to teach you to slay dragons. If you can't slay a dragon with it, then your dragon wasn't a very good teacher.

Kraco
Mon, 06-23-2014, 02:09 AM
The dragons disappeared, like you said. Think of Wendy, for example: We know for a fact she was a very little kid when her master disappeared. There's no way whatsoever she could have slain a dragon (or pretty much anything). Furthermore, as you said once again, the timing doesn't seem to work at all for Sting & Rogue, unless some dragons remained while most disappeared. But even in that case I have a feeling those two couldn't have been too old either. I'd guess the dragon slayers of old trained much longer, likely fought alongside their masters until they were a lot tougher and more experienced. That would make sense. At least more sense than dragons being such pushovers that they could be killed by human kids, in which case I'd see no use for special dragon slayers.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 06-23-2014, 05:57 AM
Yeah, I agree with Kraco here. It also seems that all Dragonslayers are thought the roar and the ability to absorb an element but the rest is mostly self taught. At least it would seem so with Natsu seemingly coming up with new moves. So there's a whole spectrum of Dragon Slaying techniques that they will never get on their own. Unless they happen to stumble upon someone like a human dragon like Grandine from Edolas who met their dragon counterpart. Wendy is the only one who learned new moves made by her dragon.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 06-23-2014, 06:17 AM
The alternative theory is that dragon slayers were shown all the moves before, but can only perform the more advanced ones as they become more powerful. Given the lack of structured training that we see in FT, that's hard to justify though.

Kraco
Mon, 06-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Given the lack of structured training that we see in FT, that's hard to justify though.

To be fair we have seen some training, and have been led to believe more happen outside of the screen. The constant fights themselves are the best kind of training fighters could have, aside from coming up with complicated techniques, as at least the theory would need to happen outside of an intense fight. But then again, the main characters rarely use too complicated magic. The dragon slayer magic is for a large part so animalistic or intrinsic looking that it almost makes sense there could be few theory lectures. The dragons are likely born with most of it. Perhaps the dragon slayers got an injection of dragon blood or something to begin their transformation... The second generation lachrima implantation could be a replacement for that, as no dragons were around anymore.