PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail 11

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-14-2014, 02:16 AM
[HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail S2 - 11 - 480p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=564404)| 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=564405)| 1080p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=564408)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goddamn, the animation in this show is shit now.

Kagura couldn't have been more disappointing. I swear, she got WEAKER after drawing her sword, which, near as I can tell, did absolutely nothing.

And I swear, it's like every single person on the planet was either in Erza's work camp, or related to someone who was. Like, seriously, EVERY time a new group of characters is introduced, at least ONE of them was connected to that somehow. It's ridiculous.

10,000 dragons? Yeah, that's...appropriate escalation.

Kraco
Sat, 06-14-2014, 04:29 AM
Kagura couldn't have been more disappointing. I swear, she got WEAKER after drawing her sword, which, near as I can tell, did absolutely nothing.

It's pretty obvious that deep down she isn't the kind of person who should have devoted her life to hunting a single person in order to kill him. The last straw was trying to tell herself she needs to kill Erza as well, even though she was nothing but another victim. It's not like Kagura was weak, she merely couldn't use her power anymore because she didn't want to fight the opponent anymore. Loss of willpower. She was far worse off than regular competitors in this fight. For all the others (so far) the fights are nothing personal so they can do it all professionally. Kagura was turning into an emotional wreck. Nobody can seriously fight like that.

And I swear, it's like every single person on the planet was either in Erza's work camp, or related to someone who was. Like, seriously, EVERY time a new group of characters is introduced, at least ONE of them was connected to that somehow. It's ridiculous.

Kagura has been about hunting Jellal pretty much since her introduction. Since we got the arc about Erza's background, isn't it natural we got to know a bunch of people linked to it? Moreover, such people are more likely to approach Erza and thus will get screen time. Besides, it's only a very limited number of people in the bigger picture. We have seen an assload of mages and most would have never heard of the tower if asked. Fairy Tail itself only has Erza. Mermaid has the cat girl and Kagura. There was a time everything in this story seemed to be linked to Jellal, and people complained about it (at least in the manga thread), and even I found it ridiculous despite being a Jellal fan. That has passed now, though, even if Jellal is still hanging there due to Erza being a main character.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-14-2014, 08:25 AM
I agree with DE that she got weaker. They were trading blows before when Minerva was in the mix, but now she lost decisively against Erza with that one strike. The sword did nothing when we were led to believe it was some powerful super-sword. In the end.. Archenemy was like any other sword to my eyes.

Kraco
Sat, 06-14-2014, 12:04 PM
I agree with DE that she got weaker. They were trading blows before when Minerva was in the mix, but now she lost decisively against Erza with that one strike. The sword did nothing when we were led to believe it was some powerful super-sword. In the end.. Archenemy was like any other sword to my eyes.

You don't need to agree with anyone. It was more than obvious she was getting weaker. Mentally weaker, like I said in my previous post. You need both your physical and mental strength to be strong in a fight. Kagura was losing her mental strength throughout the whole confrontation. I doubt she would have got surprised and backstabbed by Minerva if she had kept her cool. The fact she didn't get any stronger by unsheathing the sword was just another sign of the same thing: It wasn't supposed to be unsheathed before she fights Jellal, so it's clear she didn't anymore know what she was doing. No way to get stronger like that. Besides, only weaklings in this series have needed powerful artefacts or anything external to be strong; the real fighters have all fought with their own power. So, the sword probably isn't anything that fancy by itself.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 06-14-2014, 04:34 PM
I feel like you're making a lot of unsupported assumptions.

Kraco
Sat, 06-14-2014, 05:17 PM
I feel like you're making a lot of unsupported assumptions.

Uh... Right, of course I am. Your (and Bill's) point: Kagura was getting weaker. Period.
My point: She was getting weaker because... [Theories.]

You could see how much Mermaid trusted and counted on her. She was also the 5 points leader. So obviously she couldn't be a total pushover but something happened to make her weaker. Nobody else in this story has the misfortune of having as much experience fighting impossible odds and great villains to save the world as Fairy Tail, but some of the other guilds still have decent people.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-15-2014, 03:20 PM
So obviously she couldn't be a total pushover but something happened to make her weaker.Yeah, it's called bad writing.

She was fighting Erza, and Erza always wins just because. All any protagonist in Fairy Tail has to do to win any fight is want to.

Which, obviously, that's common in most shonen, but is particularly egregious in Fairy Tail. Characters just get beat up until they get around to deciding they don't want to lose. And then they just win for no reason.

Kraco
Sun, 06-15-2014, 04:19 PM
So, you actually agree with me: Kagura lost (partially) because she didn't have the will to fight and win. In the end Kagura is a ruined mage because of her single-minded purpose of finding and defeating Jellal. She has never even fought him and I doubt she knows too much about his powers (heck, even we in the audience have never seen what he's really capable of). Jellal, on the other hand, has seen a lot. I doubt Kagura would have had a snowball's chance against him with her single method of sword swinging, no matter how powerful. She has wasted her life as a mage thus far. Who knows how powerful she might be if she had trained and grown sensibly, but it's pretty safe to assume she would be more versatile and powerful than now. At least she could have kept her head cool.

Erza also doesn't always win. She couldn't win against Jellal, for example, and needed Natsu to save her. Obviously she didn't have the will to win against Jellal in particular.

Saying everything is due to bad writing is naturally true, but everything in fiction is due to writing, bad or good, in general. We won't have much of a discussion here if everybody only posts such a comment instead of using their imagination.

Poster1: [link] "Bad writing."
Poster2: "Good writing."
Poster3: "Bad writing."
Poster4: "Bad writing."
Poster3: "Actually, good writing."
Poster1: "Still bad writing."
Poster5: "Bad writing."

Yeah. A really interesting episode thread. Might as well close down the forums.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 06-15-2014, 09:20 PM
So, you actually agree with me: Kagura lost (partially) because she didn't have the will to fight and win.Kagura isn't a protagonist. All the will to win in the world wouldn't have allowed her to beat Erza.

Erza also doesn't always win. She couldn't win against Jellal, for example, and needed Natsu to save her. Obviously she didn't have the will to win against Jellal in particular.
Because that arc was better written than this one.