PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Penner
Mon, 06-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Just wanted to post this little bit of casting news...

Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie just got added to the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/06/02/star-wars-episode-vii-casts-lupita-nyongo-and-gwendoline-christie/)

While I've read rumors about Lupita being in the movie for quite some time, Gwendoline Christie was a surprise.

Gwendoline is great as Brienne in GoT, which is also the only thing i've ever seen her in, and the only time i've seen Lupita was as a side-character in the recent Liam Neeson movie "Non-Stop".

Animeniax
Mon, 06-02-2014, 02:12 PM
I think they should go with smaller name actors/actresses just like they did with the first Star Wars movies. These movies will make careers for some lesser known actors; the actors won't be what makes these movies a hit. I don't have a problem with the two actresses you mentioned, just saying in general.

Penner
Mon, 06-02-2014, 02:22 PM
More stuff: 40 photos from the set of SW:ep7 (http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/02/star-wars-episode-7-set-photos-secret-pics-new-creature/)

edit: "SUPER SECRET SPOILER PICS" lol @ TMZ

Munsu
Wed, 04-22-2015, 06:53 PM
I'm genuinely really looking forward to this, but I'm very worried about the direction Disney is going to take this franchise towards.

For decades there's been a very huge effort in creating a story canon for the Star Wars universe with its Expanded Universe (EU), and Disney seems quite intentent in disregarding that. Luckily I never delved into it, but was certainly planning on reading novels to continue with the history of the Universe. But seems like now the point is moot, which is a shame particularly after so much effort has been put.

Secondly, when it moved to Disney they cancelled the awesome Clone Wars cartoons, just among the top cartoons, anime or not, that I've ever watched and now replaced with a Rebels cartoon which is way subpar to the content that Clone Wars brought.

So very worried about where they're taking this franchise, not that Lucas was doing any better with his movies after the original 3, but at least there was good continuation to the stories, and and great content in the cartoons coming out.

Oh well, here are two teaser trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w

UChessmaster
Tue, 10-20-2015, 06:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE

LaZie
Tue, 10-20-2015, 07:01 PM
2 more effin months.

Edort4
Wed, 10-21-2015, 06:08 AM
Sith guy looks more and more like Darth Revan every new trailer. I cant portray a stormtrooper as a jedi but we will have to see how that goes.

Edort4
Fri, 01-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Saw the movie. Didnt like it. Dunno what I was expecting but not this. Unless they are planning on making some precuels (like I,II,III but dunno if with full CGI, or animation like clone wars cause original actors are old as fuck and no makeup can help) to this movies I must say that they have created a new lvl of Deus Ex Machina and absurdity. Star Wars movies never were sci-facts based movies but this one just blow the bar of stupidity.

I really hope that they made this movie so bad cause they need some plot machinations in place for great 2nd and 3rd movie. But I doubt it. If I wanted to watch a remastered version of a New Hope filled with bullshit and subpar acting I would watch some fandom movies.

Terrible.

Kraco
Sat, 01-09-2016, 04:20 AM
I would watch some fandom movies.

When I was walking back home from the theater, I thought this was like an SW fan movie made with an unimaginable budget and a bunch of real actors somehow roped in. It had that sort of an atmosphere, as opposed to the older movies. Even the episodes I-III felt more real in my opinion.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 01-10-2016, 10:26 AM
I saw it opening night and I didn't feel the "Wow!" factor from the 1-3 and 4-6. plus 7 felt like a retelling of 4 all over again. I'm glad it's the #1 movie of all time for NA but it just not that good IMO.

Munsu
Mon, 01-11-2016, 03:34 PM
I'm hoping to watch it tomorrow, haven't had the time yet.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Go in with the lowest expectations.

Kraco
Tue, 01-12-2016, 03:25 AM
Go in with the lowest expectations.

A good advice. I went in with quite high expectations and thus picked the very day it hit the theaters. That was a mistake. Although the timing was partially due to wanting to avoid spoilers, not only because I felt like I wanted to see it soon.

Edort4
Tue, 01-12-2016, 06:34 AM
I'm hoping to watch it tomorrow, haven't had the time yet.

Is one of those movies you must watch no matter what. As shinta said go without expectations, I would say that even with an empty mind, maybe after a bad work day & being really tired. Maybe I was to hard on the movie cause when I went to see it I was in full rationalization mode (just had read the martian and a Feynman's book the week before) instead of a "lets just get some nonsensical thrill-fun".

Also I hope u dont get someone saying "its over 9000" at certain point of the movie. It was pretty sad that that was probably the best laugh I had.