PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 678

DB_Hunter
Wed, 05-28-2014, 06:27 AM
Manga Panda (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/678)

Manga Stream (http://readms.com/r/naruto/678/2391/1)

Well that was unexpected

Confused_Yamato
Wed, 05-28-2014, 08:04 AM
So... just as Black Zetsu Kaguya planned?

Also, I bet Madara is regretting bring himself to back to life right about now.

darkshadow
Wed, 05-28-2014, 10:31 AM
[ 19:49:04 ] <13Y> or the genjutsu is just a gimmick to paralyze you, while the tree drains all your power
[ 19:49:11 ] <10DS> yeah
[ 19:49:23 ] <10DS> imminent kaguya return etc

I don't see how anyone was expecting anything else.

Also sasuke's comment was a bit uncalled for, kakashi was a mad genius before even having the eye.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 05-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Agree, to put Kakashi on the same level as Sakura is just setting Sasuke up for the big inevitable fall which will see his ass saved by his team mates.

rockmanj
Wed, 05-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Agree, to put Kakashi on the same level as Sakura is just setting Sasuke up for the big inevitable fall which will see his ass saved by his team mates.

I almost forgot that Sasuke was not a huge dick. I am glad we were reminded.

MFauli
Wed, 05-28-2014, 01:25 PM
two things of note:

- itīs a pitty how the finale of naruto has been turned into such a generic jrpg boss phase-thing. "hereīs the final villain! but wait, hereīs the real final villain! but wait, here ...!" and so on

- everyone but Kiba, Shino and Gaara are having sex dreams. Nice.

viperwasp
Wed, 05-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Also am I missing something? Who the fuck played "Sun's Song" and magically made it no longer moonlight? Was it only effective during exactly midnight or something else? I don't understand. Did they wait untit an entire night? Did the mirrors eye ability only last for like 3 minutes per night?

Sidnne
Wed, 05-28-2014, 04:26 PM
Also am I missing something? Who the fuck played "Sun's Song" and magically made it no longer moonlight? Was it only effective during exactly midnight or something else? I don't understand. Did they wait untit an entire night? Did the mirrors eye ability only last for like 3 minutes per night?

I took it as them waiting the entire night for morning to come.

I definitely didn't see black zetsu betraying madara and reviving kaguya. Anyone who says they saw that coming is full of BS. However, it now sets up Madara's redemption at the end.

I loved how Shikamaru's dream was basically the same as his real life.

poopdeville
Wed, 05-28-2014, 04:42 PM
I took the moon thing as meaning that Madara only had to put people under the spell and they'd stay that way. So he stopped actively doing it after a few minutes.

+1 about Kayuga.

So is she going to actually fight Naruto and Sasuke? Or is she going to effectively end the war and the ninja world by letting the tree take everybody's chakra powers away? Or is she going to stop the tree? The way BZ made it sound, Madara was "wrong" to try to "end" things.

But I hardly remember anything about her, so although she vaguely seems remorseful (insofar as she's rejected Madara, who claimed to want to follow her path), I don't understand her motivation.

toonice714
Wed, 05-28-2014, 04:43 PM
Sooo...can somebody explain to me how the guy with the most powerful eyes in the manga did NOT see this coming??!! This sounds like a cereal commercial.
Uchiha Madara: I am Unstoppable! I possess the HIGHEST LEVEL OF OCCULAR PROWESS as the Pride Of the uchiha!
Black Zetsu: yes but....can you see why kids love cinnamon toast crunch?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 05-28-2014, 07:42 PM
On another note, pretty sure Kabuto has got away from this Infinite Tsukuyomi by going Sage mode and covering his eyes. He'll make an appearance yet for a twist.

redcat
Wed, 05-28-2014, 08:09 PM
how did madara not attack them while they waited? bluh?

toonice714
Wed, 05-28-2014, 08:29 PM
When madara or the sage of six paths explained kayuga's story it just seemed like the tree was there to strong-arm people into worshiping her. The only thing is zetsu is the only person never given any back story. As far as someone calling this, I think it did happen WAAY early in the shippuden when someone remarked on Zetsu's mysteriousness and the lack of explanation of his abilities. I think it was when someone said he was weak but could teleport/transport himself anywhere without anyone noticing. That theory was quickly tossed to the wind when he was absent from like every fight. Then he became a "fodder" villain when he was mass produced for the zombie army.
All in all the events in this manga range from being too farfetched then ringing true, to being sound and being found nowhere in the plot at all.

rockmanj
Wed, 05-28-2014, 11:13 PM
- everyone but Kiba, Shino and Gaara are having sex dreams. Nice.

How do we know Gaara's dream didn't end in sex?

MFauli
Wed, 05-28-2014, 11:39 PM
how did madara not attack them while they waited? bluh?

How? Susanoo is like a shaped black hole, you cannot penetrate it.

ForteCross
Thu, 05-29-2014, 06:00 AM

I definitely didn't see black zetsu betraying madara and reviving kaguya. Anyone who says they saw that coming is full of BS. However, it now sets up Madara's redemption at the end.

I loved how Shikamaru's dream was basically the same as his real life.

well, after losing loving ones people just want things to go back to normal, the way it was before someone passing away...

shikamaru's dream may be only one with a believable dream, perhaps gaara's too because his dream is giving him a normal childhood he lost too early

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-29-2014, 09:12 AM
well, I can go over it the whole weekend, but I'll keep it short.
in ninja land, men wish to achieve, women wish men.
it would have been nice to have one 'girl' who's dream isn't getting a man.

also, what was the deal with Hinatas' dream? did she dream she and Neji were spying on herself and Naruto? WTF?

TwisT
Thu, 05-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Thought it was Neji and her little sister Hanabi.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 05-29-2014, 10:30 AM
oh, that makes better sense.

viperwasp
Sat, 05-31-2014, 01:23 AM
How? Susanoo is like a shaped black hole, you cannot penetrate it.

Susanoo has been cracked before and people have been attacked within it and pulled out of it. I am pretty sure Madara could have gotten though.

Madara himself has been damaged inside Susanoo. I actually forget if someone really has been pulled out of it before though. I know Madara did in the anime. I forget if it's canon in the Manga though felt like it was 50 years ago.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 05-31-2014, 04:23 PM
It was in the Manga however its just light, not a thermonuclear bomb that. Susanoo would be pretty useless if it couldn't block a few rays whilst expecting to block magical explosions.

viperwasp
Sat, 05-31-2014, 10:40 PM
It was in the Manga however its just light, not a thermonuclear bomb that. Susanoo would be pretty useless if it couldn't block a few rays whilst expecting to block magical explosions.

Yes but I was referring to why could Madara not destroy the Susanoo if they waited all night long. Than the light would get in. Based on Sidnnes comment below?

But if they did not indeed wait though the night and only minutes passed than sure I'm fine than and understand why Madara did not murder them all.

darkshadow
Sat, 05-31-2014, 11:22 PM
How anyone can assume they waited till morning is beyond me; it clearly shows the light dissipating and the sky still being dark with the moon being back to normal.

Edit:
Lol such a sad neg rep, also hiding behind behind the rep system like a bitch to make your insults is still against the rules ;].

Y
Sun, 06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
It's funny that now Susano'o is being used to block the genjutsu's light, when 100 chapters ago the fact that Susano'o doesn't deflect light was a big deal that gave Kabuto an opening to attack Sasuke and the resurrected Itachi.

Sidnne
Sun, 06-01-2014, 07:18 PM
How anyone can assume they waited till morning is beyond me; it clearly shows the light dissipating and the sky still being dark with the moon being back to normal.

The sky is not still dark... The sky is dark in the first frame because it's night, then the sky gets lighter in the 2nd frame as dawn approaches, and the 3rd frame is not the moon, it's the sun.

Y
Sun, 06-01-2014, 08:33 PM

The sky is not still dark... The sky is dark in the first frame because it's night, then the sky gets lighter in the 2nd frame as dawn approaches, and the 3rd frame is not the moon, it's the sun.

Oh my god lol.

darkshadow
Sun, 06-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Oh my god lol.

I'm dying.....*dead*

Y
Sun, 06-01-2014, 08:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/22r7NN2.gif

darkshadow
Sun, 06-01-2014, 08:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5aFRcCb.jpg

Sidnne
Sun, 06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
OK, well, whatever. Nerds.

UChessmaster
Mon, 06-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Why is Sasuke being so mean, I thought he already turned a new leaf?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 06-02-2014, 05:06 PM
I have no cleafer pun to respond to that.