PDA

View Full Version : TV: Penny Dreadful

Munsu
Sun, 05-11-2014, 03:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFXHfEqMcis

Penny Dreadful is a new series on Showtime beginning tonight. The first episode has been out for a while now, but tonight the series truly begins. Haven't watched it yet, but I have high hopes for it.

It stars Timothy Dalton, Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, Billie Piper...

Some of literature's most terrifying characters, including Dr. Frankenstein, Dorian Gray, and iconic figures from the novel Dracula are lurking in the darkest corners of Victorian London. PENNY DREADFUL is a frightening psychological thriller that weaves together these classic horror origin stories into a new adult drama.

http://www.sho.com/sho/penny-dreadful/about

Animeniax
Sun, 05-11-2014, 03:18 PM
There's a free Showtime preview all this weekend for most major cable carriers. I recorded a few movies but didn't bother recording Penny Dreadful. It looks interesting, and Eva Green is pretty hot (hotter in her younger days) and it's almost guaranteed we'll get to see her naked since she doesn't seem to have any qualms about on-screen nudity and she has a smoking hot body. I might check it out if it gets good buzz.

Munsu
Sun, 05-11-2014, 03:20 PM
There's a free Showtime preview all this weekend for most major cable carriers. I recorded a few movies but didn't bother recording Penny Dreadful. It looks interesting, and Eva Green is pretty hot (hotter in her younger days) and it's almost guaranteed we'll get to see her naked since she doesn't seem to have any qualms about on-screen nudity and she has a smoking hot body. I might check it out if it gets good buzz.

Yep, I think it's a pretty much guarantee that she'll be nude. She's described as "seductive and formidable beauty full of secrets and danger." And I think the trailer shows a bit of that as well.

TwisT
Sun, 05-18-2014, 09:53 AM
That trailer was creepy. When that dude started bending the wrong way when getting up to his feet was when it was decided i will try this. Love the cast too. Will try it out tonight. Have a weeks vacation now so will probably catch up on some shows.

poopdeville
Sun, 06-01-2014, 09:17 PM
I couldn't stay awake through s1e3. There was way too much talking, and none of it was interesting.