PDA

View Full Version : Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou

Archangel
Mon, 04-14-2014, 12:33 PM
A good slice of life? Apparently so! Will add more to the OP later yada yada

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-14-2014, 01:47 PM
I really like the female protagonist. She is really cute in a stoic way. The short hair and lack of words are really refreshing. She looks almost boyish.

The comedy isn't bad either. The episode feels like several short stories pasted together.

MFauli
Mon, 04-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Hm, the second episode didnīt grab me that hard. Hereīs fear that this anime might drift into genericness and boring territory soon. Of course, itīs too early for that, but I hope weīll see more actual development between the hero and the girl, and less mini-stories of questionable entertainment value.

MasterOfMoogles
Mon, 04-14-2014, 11:40 PM
You guys really weren't bored by 5 minutes of "Ooo! Bubbles are amazing!"?
Continuing to give this show a chance, but I can't say it is at the top of my list of things I want to watch this season.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 04-14-2014, 11:44 PM
Slice of life genre isn't for everyone. Move along.

MasterOfMoogles
Tue, 04-15-2014, 12:25 AM
I've enjoyed my fair share of slice of life shows, but perhaps I was going into this show with more expectations of comedy than slice of life.
The "masochist, drunk, and antisocial" just aren't my favorite character types. Can't say the MC is interesting at all so far, either.

Kraco
Tue, 04-15-2014, 02:12 AM
I remember liking Mahoraba many years ago, but when I tried to rewatch it last year, I couldn't get beyond the first few eps. Since this show is kind of similar in many respects, I can't yet say if I can finish this. It's a pretty delicate story in that sense with so little concrete happening (though that's not ununsual for slice of life). It's all about if you find the characters likable or not. I wish the main character had a bit more personality since everybody else has plenty of quirks. Often in stories the main character is very neutral because everybody else is weird (serving as the straight man), but in this case he simply doesn't belong by being so gray. I do find trying to conquer the icy main girl interesting, though.

MFauli
Sun, 06-08-2014, 08:16 AM
lol, had to pause the latest episode because that scene was so perfect.

Shiro-san sitting outside the cafe, that blonde girl sitting next to him and contemplaiting how to apologize to the hero, suddenly Shiro, completely casually, tells her that he was just experiencing a borderline-heatstroke. The girl looks at him like heīs a total creep, and without hesitation he says "thanks for the creeped out reaction".

love this anime.

Kraco
Sun, 06-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Episode 12 Final - HS (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=566914)

- - - - - - - - - -- -

Quite a pleasant show with good comedy and interesting characters. And lots of blushing. However, I'm kind of sorry it didn't really get anywhere. Exchanging phone numbers after 12 episodes? Does that really justify a "romance" tag? Confessions or anything of that sort were out of the question. The dude couldn't even bring himself to use "I" instead of "we". Despite that I admit I did like the scenes where nothing needed to be said yet everything was clear (and resulted in all that turning red). Still, since it ultimately led nowhere, it feels a bit pointless after this final episode.

I don't really see myself rewatching this show ever, just like Mahoraba, which I tried to rewatch but couldn't. I guess some shows are decent yet possess no such repetitive experiencing value.

MFauli
Sun, 06-22-2014, 09:18 AM
at this point im happy THAT there is some progression ... even if itīs just a phone number at ep 12 :/