PDA

View Full Version : question?

joker-kun
Thu, 12-04-2003, 11:21 AM
okay i dunno what time Naruto is based in but by the looks of it it is before guns and im not certain but they didnt have cigarettes then did they?????im pretty sure they had pipes but not cigarettes http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Black Knight
Thu, 12-04-2003, 11:24 AM
the time period is really up for debate. the lifestyle and architecture of the villagers doesnt seem all that advanced but then they surprise us with electronic name displays, cameras, tvs, vcrs, etc.

PuppetMaster Kankuro
Thu, 12-04-2003, 11:43 AM
It seems that they have certain advances and certain unadvances... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif Anyhow, like how they had videocamera's in the tower where the prelims took place and video tapes and vcrs. Also when they were going over to that one Island to help Tazuna build the bridge their boat had a motor on it. I don't really see how there's an explanation for this. Maybe there's no need for guns or tanks because a jutsu would b just as effective? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

XwingRob
Thu, 12-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah its weird. I figure that they are on the same tech level as us except in weaponry.
Who knows? Maybe there was some great war in the past and they came up with a rule. No weapons except that of ninja.

Suzuki Fanboy
Thu, 12-04-2003, 11:55 AM
Yea, because Naruto got his spoiled milk out of a refrigerator http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

I agree with the above post. It seems like they got rid of most weapons and live the way of the ninja.

Aclypze
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:02 PM
anko and ppl watched gaara, tenten, and puppet guy on a tv. and they got the tape from a security camera(something like that) wierd

littlecooldude
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:09 PM
With stuff like Chakra, who would want to go total technologicall. They are pretty modern, hold the traditional japanese archetecture (sorta) and add Ninja stuff. Sounds like an ideal world to me.

Insomniac
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:18 PM
its an alternate reality, we cant really compare it to our timelines.

jing
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:34 PM
I bet Rock Lee can dodge bullets.
Choji can absorb it with his fatness.
Naruto will heal afterwards.
kakashi will catch it.
Gai sensei will block it with his teeth.
Orochimaru will use long neck no jutsu to dodge the bullet.
Shino will send a bug as a shield and deflect it.
Ino can DIE.

joker-kun
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:36 PM
its odd,very odd http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif

Noonan
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:39 PM
The author revealed that the world of Naruto is supposed to be roughly a contemporary of ours - but there are no firearms - and almost no vehicles with engines... makes for an interesting setting, but it makes you wonder how they run their generators.

Noonan

A77ALiSTiC
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:48 PM
they run their generators exactly like we do
i read somewhere that the author wanted the anime ot be in thesame timeline as ours, the same world and everything, except that firearms didnt exsist.. he has a point.. what good is a ninja if u can have all these weapons and stuff?

Mut
Fri, 12-05-2003, 04:25 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joker-kun @ Dec 4 2003, 10:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> okay i dunno what time Naruto is based in but by the looks of it it is before guns and im not certain but they didnt have cigarettes then did they?????im pretty sure they had pipes but not cigarettes http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/huh.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
ummm...i don&#39;t get what you don&#39;t understand. we have cigarettes right now and people still use pipes.

Blight
Fri, 12-05-2003, 04:44 AM
um why have a gun when you have super chakra powers
and spells

DB_Hunter
Fri, 12-05-2003, 04:55 AM
Hmm well a chakra loaded bullet could do enough damage.... or a tank shell.

minorthreat
Fri, 12-05-2003, 05:21 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Dec 5 2003, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> its an alternate reality, we cant really compare it to our timelines. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
exactly.. who cares what time period it is. its an anime thats not based on any historical events

aphextwinjunkie
Fri, 12-05-2003, 05:43 AM
Comparing the real world to the anime world is always bad but... think about our world if we had ninja powers like in Naruto, if ninjas were that effective who would put the time into improving/creating things like firearms.

Kakashi-Senpai
Fri, 12-05-2003, 05:51 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DB_Hunter @ Dec 5 2003, 04:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm well a chakra loaded bullet could do enough damage.... or a tank shell. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I don&#39;t see the point of it. Bullets and shells are destructive enough.

SeGee
Fri, 12-05-2003, 06:15 AM
lol what a question... There are 100 things that arent up to date. their time isnt like out. In some episode, they have real toilets... I mean, its like star wars..

breed
Fri, 12-05-2003, 06:38 AM
was it really stated that there are no guns? i mean, ok, we havnt seen any, but they fired some new-years-rockets b4 the final examn, so they have the knowledge of gunpowder at least... but on the other hand in china they had those too in ancient times, but no guns o.O

Kurin
Fri, 12-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Perfect example to compare to is Vampire Hunter D. Vampires, Demons, all sorts of fun stuff from the &#39;old times&#39; but yet weapons like crossbows and swords are still used. Along with guns and such, but it&#39;s just a fictional creation designed to give a conglomeration of many different aspects to please the viewer. Watching somebody blow away 30 vamps with a big gun is pretty damn fun. But seeing a normal civilian in Naruto pull out an Uzi and drop 10 Jounins or something...That&#39;s just stupid. ...Right?

Baka-chan
Fri, 12-05-2003, 07:36 AM
i like the mystery of it all http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

the setting works for me

Chi Chi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Kishimoto left out the fire arms and cars on purpose. What is fun about a ninja anime if suddenly a guy with a gun comes and shoots everyone or a car to ride everywhere. If a country had those two combined, they wouldn&#39;t need a Ninja village.

Assertn
Fri, 12-05-2003, 11:31 AM
if you read the manga pilot episode, you&#39;ll see guys with guns....i dont think the series would be as cool if normal people can walk around and actually have some sort of power behind them without the rigorous ninja training

Insomniac
Fri, 12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
you guys have to remember that this isnt historical by any means, this is based in a fictional world so they can have or not have whatever they want to http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

sangai
Fri, 12-05-2003, 12:11 PM
so like the as for the question about cigerettes they came out along time before guns they where maid by the french who originally roled there own and would literally smoke anything that would burn. it was done originally to keep them warm

i can understand kishimotos wish not to include guns in the series like every one else has said what good would a ninja be if he could be shot 50 times before he could even move

and as far as cars go i wouldnt be suprised if we did see some later on all broken down and ratty like if naruto was post war and they decided to get rid of any thing of violence or mass transportation

Uchiha-Itachi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 12:21 PM
It just another dimension ... with no advanced weaponry it seems. Everything doesn&#39;t have to go according to our time line&#39;s.

sangai
Fri, 12-05-2003, 12:39 PM
and your right it doesnt.

i dont know about a different diminsion but ill say same world different developements occured to change how thigs happen there