PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers Invasion (CGI Movie)

KrayZ33
Sun, 01-12-2014, 01:00 PM
No one ever told me it exists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsaDudX4hsU

did anyone watch this? Is it good? it sure does look entertaining

"The troopers of two starships have joined forces to terminate a massive bug attack at a federation outpost. Before the mission can be completed and the survivors evacuated, one ship abruptly departs and goes inexplicably dark. The remaining battle-hardened troopers race to the rescue, only to discover that the threat from the bugs is about to hit home. With the latest in CGI technology, this film from executive Producer Casper Van Dien and Director Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) features the return of fan favorite characters Johnny Rico, Captain Ibanez and Carl Jenkins.
Screenplay

Flint Dille
Executive Producer

Casper Van Dien, Edward Neumeier
Story by

Shinji Aramaki, Joseph Chou, Shigehito Kawada
Director

Shinji Aramaki
Voice

Luci Christian, David Matranga, Justin Doran
Producer

Joseph Chou"

source: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/starshiptroopersinvasion/

the setting looks promising
space, abandonded ship, bugs/aliens + gore, Morita Assault Rifles, Mech-suits, Space Trooper/Marauder suits, sexiest female CGI bodies I've seen so far, someone with an eyepatch, slow motion scenes

couldn't ask for more

DarthEnderX
Mon, 01-13-2014, 10:15 AM
It's got CGI titties. Do you like CGI titties?

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 01-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Who doesn't?

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-13-2014, 02:15 PM
watched it and everything went better than expected

its as if they wanted to combine Starcraft + Halo + Deadspace (its probably the other way around, whatever), it was very fun to watch
it doesn't try to be deep, it drops you right into the action, adds a reference to the novel/movie here and there
the ending was nice too, felt like 1997 again
what I also liked is that they didn't spare the normal troopers just because they have name and rank.
they didn't care at all and they didn't just act like fresh meat either

good action, a bit of gore,Spartan suit action and mean badass talk ("The way I figure it: the bugs got more reason to be scared than I do, I killed HUNDREDS of them, they killed zero of me") I dig that kind of stuff

Didn't expect that from a Japanese CGI movie..

Kraco
Tue, 01-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Lives were surely just as cheap as in the original movie. Towards the end I expected everybody to die but I guess they couldn't very well kill off the familiar names from the old movie.

Earth's defenses were super lousy, though. That's exactly something like I'd expect from the story of a Japanese movie, haha.