PDA

View Full Version : Tonari no Seki-kun

MFauli
Thu, 01-09-2014, 03:49 PM

The boy who sits next to Yokoi in class, Seki-kun, is always up to something at his desk. He manages to somehow play very elaborate games without attracting the teacher's attention. From dominos, to shogi, to go, to mecha models, to playing with cats and more, he always has something new to do. Yokoi often finds herself getting reluctantly interested in his games, even though they always seem to end up getting HER in trouble with the teacher!
--------------------------------

Just watched the first episode. The 7-minute-format makes this show work for me. Just short enough to not get tiresome. I almost spit out my milk when the girl thought "heŽs actually giving me an accusatory look!". So fantastic. Seeing her getting scolded by the teacher when Seki is the one at fault is hilarious, too.

Curious what else weŽll see Seki do :D

Kraco
Thu, 01-09-2014, 04:41 PM
It's an entertaining show, and the episode length is just right. But I don't think there's really anything to discuss about.

MFauli
Sun, 01-12-2014, 02:45 PM
well, you can always talk about what you liked or didnt. point in case, the second episode continued to be hilarious. It makes me wonder if this anime will have some overarching plot progress, since the girl seems to be able to perfectly assume Seki-kunŽs mind. Some coupling potential there :>

Kraco
Mon, 01-13-2014, 04:59 AM
It makes me wonder if this anime will have some overarching plot progress, since the girl seems to be able to perfectly assume Seki-kunŽs mind. Some coupling potential there :>

It's true, but I could bet Yakomaru's front teeth on nothing happening. After all, if I've understood it correctly, this show will never present anything else but that one corner of the classroom, and every time a new trick by Seki. I was actually pleasantly surprised by Yokoi getting so into it and not only complaining and trying to get Seki to stop.

MFauli
Sun, 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM
gotta say. i really like the ending. both the music and the animation feel like im watching some 90s anime. feels good.

the static effect was lol.

MFauli
Mon, 02-10-2014, 02:53 PM
lol, ep 6 and 7 were great.

The anime actually keeps evolving its formula and thereŽs even somewhat of a plot progression. First you have Yokoi going against SekiŽs treatment of the transformers family, then it seems a setup for a love story has been set in motion. Really nice to watch.

MFauli
Mon, 02-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Haha, they really need to become a couple. This whole episode only worked thanks to YokoiŽs imagination being on par with SekiŽs. Best moment was when the teacher was turned into an ally, haha.

MFauli
Mon, 03-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Fantastic episode. Not only did they turn knitting into something epic (which reminded me of the way Gintama overemphasizes ridiculous stuff), but Yokoi even further took over the role of the lunatic. What Seki did, wasnt even that outrageous, but it tiggered YokoiŽs inner knitting demon and made her imagine the most hilarious stuff.

CanŽt wait for the inevitable confession inmidest of the class lol.