PDA

View Full Version : Nobunaga the Fool

Kraco
Mon, 01-06-2014, 05:35 AM
http://imageshack.com/a/img836/6214/npwn.jpg

"The planets of the East and the West were once connected by the Ama-no-Hashidate. The culture that built it was destroyed countless years ago, and the two planets have had separate histories ever since. On the Western planet, ancient culture is experiencing a renaissance after a long period of war. Jeanne Kaguya D'Arc, a girl from the Western Planet, was prophesied to be the Savior of the World at her birth. With Leonard Da Vinci, she lands on the Eastern Planet, where Nobunaga "the Fool" longs for the power to change the world, as his planet is still locked in a war where many heroes vie for supremacy. When these two people meet, the culture of both worlds will be transformed." -ANN

Download: Episode 1 - HS (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=508992)
Genres: action, drama, fantasy, mecha
Links: AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=10243) | ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15712) | Official (http://www.nobunaga.tv/)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

This wasn't originally on my to watch list as I thought, based on the name, that this would be nothing but a fest of foolishness. However, after the disappointment of Space Dandy, I thought to erase its memory with something else, and this one happened to be timely released. While there is indeed some intentional foolishness involved in this show, it's actually the kind of I don't mind, or might even prefer. Mainly, some of the characters are over the top, full of theatrics, and larger than life ambition and self-confidence. The show looks decent, but some rather static scenes make me think it's due to the director using the budget craftily, not because much money was used.

Naturally one of the most prominent points of this story are the names thrown left and right. Not only are there all the big historical Japanese names, but plenty from Europe's past keep appearing as well. Those of course represent the east and west. So, we apparently have Nobunaga and Jeanne D'Arc working together the change the fate of the world.

I'll keep watching this one if it continues like this. I don't really know what to expect from it in in the long run, but the historical names and the mecha battles ought to keep me entertained.

FelixZeroAlastor
Mon, 01-06-2014, 03:15 PM
I actually liked the first episode of Space Dandy.

This first episode was pretty good. I do like the growing list of historical figures and the premise seems interesting enough. I really hope Jeanne does something other than be a busty bimbo though. Leonardo Da Vinci so far is the main reason I am watching this show. Nobunagun may be the one I stick with though.

Ryllharu
Mon, 01-06-2014, 05:25 PM
It was better than I expected, and the CG wasn't nearly as a bad as the promos made it look. I'll stick around for a few more episodes.

Plus...Jeanne's slutty armor ftw! My base needs were satisfied with that.

Kraco
Mon, 01-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Episode 2 - HS (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=511517)

- - - - - -

It sound pretty bad when Julius Caesar is sent after you, but it sounds even worse when he leaves Brutus to look after his affairs in his absence. So, yeah, lots of new big names again. Though I could have lived without another pair of lunatic child twins...

It was a bit strange when Nobunaga almost looked like he was a couple with his sister. Where does that leave Jeanne?

Archangel
Wed, 01-15-2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah, looks like they'll work the incest angle a bit. He'll probably end up with Jeanne in the end though.

Strangely what really irked me this episode was how fast Nobunaga regifted the watch, that's just bad manners.

Xelbair
Sun, 01-19-2014, 09:07 PM
new ep is out.

Jeanne has another regaila!

Kraco
Mon, 01-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Jeanne has another regaila!

So it seems. I wonder what it does, though. If the storm was summoned by Himiko and her regalia was lightning, then if the relation is indeed so direct making Jeanne's regalia divination (which also seem to be her only skill aside from big boobs and a pretty face), it would certainly be handy. He would never be ambushed and could anticipate enemy moves. However, how many wives could Nobunaga take? I guess he will go without now, having already accepted Himiko. Besides, Jeanne is Ranmaru for the time being.

I really hope Jeanne won't be needing rescuing all the time. It would get annoying, especially when she seems to have such weaknesses, like pyrophobia, and few strengths but still insists on wandering the battlefields.

Xelbair
Mon, 01-20-2014, 09:26 AM
I kinda expected Furinkazan to use other elements too, by the way. It used only 2 that are in its name(wind and fire).

Edort4
Mon, 01-27-2014, 03:35 PM
I forced myself to watch this series but I cant. My brain is getting cancer. Soooo you just have 2 ppl from other "world", tehy leave your ship and you go to retrieve them so the first thing you do is send 2 weapons to bombard them... cool. Then those ppl from another world just speak the same language than the ppl from this other world. All that in just a few minutes if this series makes it to 26 episodes I fear for mankind.

Kraco
Mon, 01-27-2014, 04:26 PM
I forced myself to watch this series but I cant. My brain is getting cancer. Soooo you just have 2 ppl from other "world", tehy leave your ship and you go to retrieve them so the first thing you do is send 2 weapons to bombard them... cool.

The dropship probably wouldn't make it back to the orbit anymore, so it needed to be destroyed to prevent it from falling into enemy hands. Standard procedure. The same goes for the mecha.

Then those ppl from another world just speak the same language than the ppl from this other world. All that in just a few minutes if this series makes it to 26 episodes I fear for mankind.

Right. And if this was made in Hollywood, they would all speak English. What else is new?

It's pretty obvious you don't like the show if you get stuck on such things. Shows like this are all about bravado, extravagancy, theatrics, and other such things that belong to the style.

Edort4
Mon, 01-27-2014, 05:31 PM
The dropship probably wouldn't make it back to the orbit anymore, so it needed to be destroyed to prevent it from falling into enemy hands. Standard procedure. The same goes for the mecha.

I could understand it if you have secured your invaluable assets (that DaVinci seems to be quite unique and the girl has its destiny) first prior to blowing up your "tech". But hey its the new MO. Lets blow all things first and then look if by chance our invaluable assets have survived. Also thos 2 guys that where launched there I guess that should had suicided after blowing all cause tehy cant be retieved. (Retrieval imposibility is an Assumption Im not buying).

I understand all that about bravado, combats, theatrics an so. I like some Mecha shows even if they arent masterworks, raxhepon/argent soma comes to mind, but I think that the premise for this show its just plain nonsensical without being intended by the creators. Maybe Im affected cause I watched Helix today to. That show made me lose like 10 IQ.

Kraco
Mon, 02-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Episode 6 - HS (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=521473)

- -- - - - --

Well, well. I wouldn't say Himiko's fate was any surprise as her existence left Jeanne's status quite ambiguous indeed, but I expected her to die later and under grander circumstances. Nobukatsu's death, however, now that I didn't expect before Mitsuhide dug up the demon mask, and even then I was divided between Nobukatsu dying or a whole bunch of the advisors. Naturally this was the most bloodless way, though, since now there's only one Oda left.

What I don't like, unfortunately in an ever increasing manner, is Jeanne's personality. She's so bloody nagging, untrusting, and sanctimonious. Especially considering she's in totally foreign country and culture. At least she has the small saving grace of not being totally useless in war. Lacking that would have made her insufferable.