PDA

View Full Version : TV: Scandal

Munsu
Fri, 12-27-2013, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhOR6DIS_Ho

Anyone here follow Scandal? It airs on ABC and it's currently in its 3rd season. I started watching it yesterday and I'm at the start of the 2nd season.

I've been enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Everyone has secrets… and Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) has dedicated her life to protecting and defending the public images of the nation’s elite by keeping those secrets under wraps. Pope’s team are at the top of their game when it comes to getting the job done for their clients, but it becomes apparent that these “gladiators in suits,” who specialize in fixing the lives of other people, have trouble fixing those closest at hand -- their own. The series is created by Shonda Rhimes (Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice). Shonda Rhimes, Betsy Beers (Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice) and Mark Wilding are executive producers. Judy Smith is co-executive producer.

http://abc.go.com/shows/scandal/about-the-show

Sapphire
Fri, 12-27-2013, 04:19 PM
I watch it, it started getting better in season 2 and definitely got A LOT BETTER in this latest season. I don't know what happened, because usually shows go down the crapper after a season or two. I think mainly because it went from a serialized narrative to a more epic narrative (aka no more monster of the week crap and more of a continuous story).

I'm loving all the characters, made crazy by either ambition, trauma, or just downright curiosity.

Munsu
Fri, 12-27-2013, 04:34 PM
Whiskey alcoholic, enough said.

Munsu
Sat, 12-28-2013, 11:45 PM
OK, now I'm up-to-date and this is a pretty good show. If you look close enough you'll find plenty of weaknesses, but it's a damn good show with some pretty fucked up moments from time to time and surprisingly high level of graphic violence.

And here's a scene from the latest episode, so don't watch it if you aren't up to date, but it has one of the most awesome monologues I've seen on TV on a while, if not ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj-ggIc-O3I

Sapphire
Sun, 12-29-2013, 12:16 AM
Yeah, this show is a powerhouse for monologues. It's basically intense monologue after monologue every episode lol!

Shonda Rhimes' crazy circular repetitive writing style actually gets puts to good use here (because the actors are so good), unlike in Grey's.

The cheek licking torture scene was pretty disturbing for me, lol.

Munsu
Sun, 12-29-2013, 12:33 AM
Yeah, this show is a powerhouse for monologues. It's basically intense monologue after monologue every episode lol!

Shonda Rhimes' crazy circular repetitive writing style actually gets puts to good use here (because the actors are so good), unlike in Grey's.

The cheek licking torture scene was pretty disturbing for me, lol.

Honestly, this show has the most awesome government assassins ever created.

I actually liked Grey's Anatomy early on, though I stopped after season 3 or so and honestly don't care to go back to it. But I have to agree that the dialogue execution is much better here, in particular with Cyrus, Huck, and Harrison.

Munsu
Thu, 02-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Scandal returned tonight, will go watch it before going to sleep.

Hope some more of you guys gave this series a try.