PDA

View Full Version : Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta

KrayZ33
Thu, 12-26-2013, 05:37 AM
"Synopsis
In a town where humans and demons co-exist, it takes more than a normal police force to maintain the peace. Enter the Hiizumi Life Counseling Office, a fantastic foursome of unique teenagers, each gifted with an amazing super power!"

Read more at http://myanimelist.net/anime/18497/Yozakura_Quartet:_Hana_no_Uta#D48pE401WBhgWB1l.99

http://i.imgur.com/aRG8yO7.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chtuko subs this

I don't know why there is no thread about this show, its probably the best one this season
the fighting scenes and superpowers look awesome!
everyone should watch this imho. its already ~12(?) episodes in and the twist @ ep.7 gave me goose bumps.

Try it out

Oh and since we have a "hottest anime girl of 2013" thread going, this show is full of it

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-26-2013, 03:01 PM
Nice fanservice and great action. It is worth a watch, but be warned that this can get really boring at times. I have seen all versions of this and am reading the manga, but this is never in my priority list.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-26-2013, 10:24 PM
What's the difference between this one and the 2008 version? I haven't seen either.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 12-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Art, story progression, and minor plot differences. This one has a ton of fan service too.

KrayZ33
Fri, 12-27-2013, 01:10 AM
its "casual" fan service though and, by today's standardm not a "ton" if you ask me, but yeah its there - more often than not, but they way its done most of the time you'll end up thinking "wow, that girl looks good" rather than "get that ass out of my way, its embarassing"
I've already fallen for that mage-chick

and for the show which aired 2009
I havn't seen it either, but from the looks of it, if i compare the art - the old one loses horribly (the OVA is really good though) but thats only natural, since its ~5 years older.

the OVAs fill certain gaps between the episodes
the timeline is something like Ep1-4 -> OVA1+2 -> Ep 5-10 -> OVA 3 -> Ep11-13.
but I'm not sure because I didn't watch them so far

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-27-2013, 01:19 AM
The random panty shots count as fan service, and there are a ton of them.

KrayZ33
Fri, 12-27-2013, 12:13 PM
whatever - sick nippons and their understanding of fanservice
no one really cares, its not ecchi, strike the blood has far more (for example), this is the normal amount for chinese-cartoons
and as stated earlier, it doesn't rub it into your face, which is the most important part
the shots last for (a) frame(s) - not a whole conversation

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-27-2013, 12:32 PM
and as stated earlier, it doesn't rub it into your face, which is the most important part
the shots last for (a) frame(s) - not a whole conversation

Well, you edited your post, removing the image of a rather average panty shot, and a sarcastic claim that it is "such shameless fanservice." Never fear! Ryllharu is here to make things, much, much worse.

Why, yes, I agree, but in a non-sarcastic manner that it is indeed shameless.

It does rub it in your face, and they even address it in the dialogue.

The important part is this:
Both these images are from the same episode, which is only the 2nd one. Actually, it's just the first half of that episode.

There's even a deliberate lead-up so you're prepared to see them. A set of keys very slowly flying through the air (true, only a few frames there), and a lot of focus on the nurse (yes, it is the whole conversation).

Granted, I've only watched the first three episodes, but let's not pretend this show isn't about fanservice.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-27-2013, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't say it is ABOUT fan service, but it definitely has a lot of it.

It has a lot of other stuff too.

KrayZ33
Fri, 12-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Granted, I've only watched the first three episodes, but let's not pretend this show isn't about fanservice.

the fuck? thats like saying football is about fanservice because it has cheerleaders in it
and no, its not rubbing it into your face I can't consider something that only lasts 1 frame to be oppressive enough

what I'm saying is, the moments come and go, and fade quicker than they last
so, compared to stratos, strike the blood, VVV, KlK, neko/nisemono simply nothing worth mentioning

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-27-2013, 02:48 PM
You're getting awfully defensive on this show's behalf.

In terms of fanservice, it's no worse (or better) than IS or KLK. The nurse scene was rather sustained. If I had posted a gif it would have been even more noticeable.

And yes, I have thus far watched three episodes, and there was fanservice in every single one. Are you going to lie and tell me that it abruptly stops here?

KrayZ33
Fri, 12-27-2013, 03:46 PM
by today's standardm not a "ton" if you ask me, but yeah its there - more often than not, but the way its done most of the time - you'll end up thinking "wow, that girl looks good" rather than "get that ass out of my way, its embarassing"

"wow, that girl looks good" -> Nurse scene for example

~~~
and yea, it really does get less later, but if you insist to think its a show about fanservice then please do so, but don't tell me there is a single one out there that isn't.
thats my point

and please... as much as KlK/Strike the blood? oh god. i dropped KlK because I couldn't stand watching all the tits and asses.
its without doubt the biggest disappointment this season, because it offers nothing else but just that