PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the jounin exam is like?

EvolutionJitsu
Thu, 12-04-2003, 07:44 AM
What do you think the jounin exam is like? Do you think there even is an exam, or when a chuunin reaches a certain point of strength/intelligence he can become a jounin? I don't think anything about it has been said in the anime or the manga so what are your ideas?

Nine Tailed Demon
Thu, 12-04-2003, 08:03 AM
I think maybe when a chuunin has a certain amount of missions chuunin level, he/she takes a jounnin level mission and so forth...

jing
Thu, 12-04-2003, 08:34 AM
if there was one, i'd think it'd be the same as a chunnin exam, cept everyone is alot harder to fight cuz its chunnins instead of gennins.

Destroyor
Thu, 12-04-2003, 08:39 AM
Imagine having a lot of Jounin-level chunnins entering your village from different villages and countries, which would be very dangerous (and stupid). My guess would be for the leaf, Jounin are promoted from talented Anbu member.

EvolutionJitsu
Thu, 12-04-2003, 08:41 AM
They could probably do it on a neutral land specifically used for the jounin exam. I dunno, maybe.

DaRk-SeRpEnT
Thu, 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM
you would think that they would just get picked cus they dont have a hokage exam and the level of ninja is a little bit tooo high to have a tourney of that magnatude

SirCharlesIII
Thu, 12-04-2003, 10:09 AM
yeah, it seems like any kind of tournament would end in a whole lot of dead chuunins http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif who would jump in and stop the battle when the judge deems it to be over, if the contestants are possibley stronger than he/her? also, they're so destructive, i doubt any kind of arena would be able to stad a tournament of any length

PSJ
Fri, 12-05-2003, 02:12 AM
i dont care what the jounin exam is like since they wont come that far in the series.

sangai
Fri, 12-05-2003, 02:18 AM
what makes you think that.

at the rate the anime is going there may be an entire second have where naruto is an adult and possible even hokage.

the anime has the potential to continue on for a long time.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 12-05-2003, 03:57 AM
I imagine the Jounin exam would be a much more personal thing. When an individual Chunin is ready to try he would be put through certain tests to be given either by the Hokage or by a group of Jounins.

p3psi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 04:41 AM
I bet you anko probally just gave the 3rd a BJ and she was in.

maybe gai did too... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Momochi Zabuza
Fri, 12-05-2003, 06:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (p3psi @ Dec 5 2003, 03:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I bet you anko probally just gave the 3rd a BJ and she was in.

maybe gai did too... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
wow thats kinda disturbing, i have a hard time thinkin gai is gay, he just gets excited about ... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/unsure.gif nevermind...

Mut
Fri, 12-05-2003, 06:52 AM
the chuunins get to fight the jounins.

future jounins are decided on the chuunins performance.

RaZzy
Fri, 12-05-2003, 06:54 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sangai sakusei &#064; Dec 5 2003, 01:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> what makes you think that.

at the rate the anime is going there may be an entire second have where naruto is an adult and possible even hokage.

the anime has the potential to continue on for a long time. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Are you thinking about Naruto X or Naruto GT &#33;? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

btw p3psi i really like your avatar... LOL so funny http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/smile.gif

ShAr!nGaN
Fri, 12-05-2003, 07:23 AM
to get the answer go here
----&#62; http://www.gelitten.com/game/dieb.php?id=24098 ('http://www.gelitten.com/game/dieb.php?id=24098')

Insomniac
Fri, 12-05-2003, 08:59 AM
i doubt there would be an exam, they wouldnt want to lose valuable chuunins and they can probably tell who deserves to be a jounin or not by the success of their missions

Chi Chi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 09:27 AM
It is probably after you gain experience or show exceptional skills.

sangai
Fri, 12-05-2003, 12:55 PM
theres probably a set amount of missions that have to be completed

Insomniac
Sat, 12-06-2003, 01:39 PM
for those that said they&#39;d make it to the jounin exams if there was one at all that isnt true, unless of course they do a time jump.
i&#39;m expecting them to finish one big goal at the end of the series then it&#39;ll have small time jumps to show their accomplishments but nothing more then a few scenes

DeathscytheVII
Sun, 12-07-2003, 02:03 AM
Is there even a jounin exam ? I came to think that the title of Jounin goes to those chuunin who have the best performance in the field, and that it is given to the cream of the crop Chuunins.

Elite Hentai
Sun, 12-07-2003, 04:09 AM
The Jounin exam is probably an A rank mission (not reading come come paradise this time http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif) where the hokage comes with the chuunins to inspect/protect them.

SirCharlesIII
Sun, 12-07-2003, 05:15 AM
a hokage wouldn&#39;t be able to leave the village that long, its their&#39;s to protect and run.

Elessar
Mon, 12-08-2003, 02:39 AM
The said that there is a lot of betting during the low level tournaments like the chuunin exam. But I doubt the villages can afford chuunin+ exams with death rates like the chuunin exam.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-08-2003, 03:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elessar @ Dec 8 2003, 01:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> The said that there is a lot of betting during the low level tournaments like the chuunin exam. But I doubt the villages can afford chuunin+ exams with death rates like the chuunin exam. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
yep, and in jounin exams, the conetsents probably try to kill each other much more often, cuase they know that they might have to deal with other jounins in A rank missions

XwingRob
Mon, 12-08-2003, 03:20 AM
Hmm...personally I think they would have to be a ANBU team member for some time.
Kakashi was ANBU, wasn&#39;t he?

Immortal Boner
Mon, 12-08-2003, 03:33 AM
If they had a jounin exam then you can be sure that it&#39;ll be something off the charts. Kill 100 lions under 5 seconds, survive a vocanic eruption, a million mile race, soaked in blood, free for all killfest, etc.

It&#39;ll be insane.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-08-2003, 03:40 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (XwingRob @ Dec 8 2003, 02:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hmm...personally I think they would have to be a ANBU team member for some time.
Kakashi was ANBU, wasn&#39;t he? </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
actuallu, ANBU are above jounins... Itachi was an Jounin at age 11 and the ANBU leader at 13, the ANBU are elite assination squad, it&#39;s just that they usually die too fast for anyone to see how cool they should be, so ppl think the&#39;re junk. besides, it&#39;s possible that every jounin is summoned once in a while to the ANBU, Anko is probably the only one in the village who knows all the ANBU members, even Gai and Kakashi don&#39;t know them all (well, Kakashi might know them, since he was the Anbu leader once, but still, get the point).

i think the test is an A-rank mission at enemy territory, maybe to steal something important or to kill someone.

Elessar
Mon, 12-08-2003, 08:31 AM
Hmm, no. I think it&#39;s more like:

- genin
- chuunin
- anbu
- jounin

And as a jounin you can get the job of an ANBU captain. Like Morino Ibiki.
Somewhere you can see pics of shinobis back in school during their ANBU training. So I think every jounin was a ANBU member at some point of their life.

Noonan
Mon, 12-08-2003, 12:34 PM
The weird part is that they have never well defined what exactly a jounin is -

if we think of the ninja rankings in military terms then it would appear that

Gennin = private
Chuunin = Squad leader (sgt?)
Jounin = ranked officers (Lt.?)
Anbu = Special forces?

but from what we see in the anime this doesn&#39;t quite work - because the jounins work together in higher ranking squads of all jounin/chounin members..

so maybe its supposed to match an educational or martial arts school model.

But none of those explain why &#39;jounin&#39; level ninjas get wiped out like red shirt ensigns on star trek ..

so either the Konohana system of jounin promotion is not significantly based on fighting ability - or else all the other hidden villages underate thier ninjas or use a different system of promotion.

after all they said Temari was chounin level - but the only reason the village of sand bothered to send her to the exam was as a prelude to the war...

much like the whole Hyuga branch house/main house thing, this is an area where the series seems a bit self contradictory.

Elite Hentai
Mon, 12-08-2003, 12:34 PM
What did kazekage do?

Insomniac
Mon, 12-08-2003, 12:51 PM
its like how ANBU are meant to be the elite members of the village but seem to always lose? Kabuto has killed about 8 and by the way Kazekage never left the sand village, he was killed by Orochimaru and Orochimaru posed as him at the chuunin exam

sangai
Mon, 12-08-2003, 12:59 PM
thats different kaze kage left to watch a a few fights for a few hours and besides im sure a bunch of the other countrys fuedal lords are in the leaf and there would be no reason to attack any of the other villages at the time

seriously theres prbably isn&#39;t a chuuchin exam id laugh if you had to beat you sensei but that wouldnt be true cause in the cause of kakashi and the fourth

nark
Tue, 12-09-2003, 02:27 AM
I agree with Elessar somewhat.

genin
chuunin
ANBU
jounin

example:

High school students (no rank, hasnt graduated yet)- pretty damn dump and inexperienced. Doesnt know much about the real world.

High school teachers (chuunins)- fairly knowledgable in the field that they are teaching. Knows the basics of the subject really well (basic techniques).

High school graduate (gennin)- just graduated school and is decently knowledable. No experience in the real world though (hasn&#39;t completed any missions).

College student (gennin)- just entered the more severe training phase. Is being taught by the professor (see below). Completes many difficult assignments (missions).

College graduate (chuunin)- just took the graduate exam (chuunin exam) and is ready for the workforce (missions). Can decided to become a High school teacher (Iruka). Has completed many difficult assignments (C and D ranked missions).

Person in the workforce (ANBU)- specialized in a certain set of skills (assassination/recon). Knowledgable in a certain field, but probably doesn&#39;t know much about anything else. Disposable (ANBU).

College professor (Jounin)- Teacher of the gennin. The professor (Jounnin) is knowledgable in a variety of fields and has many skills (techniques). Guides the college student (gennin) through many rigirous assignments (C and D level missions). Often is engaged in research (A level missions).

Blight
Tue, 12-09-2003, 02:59 AM
it seems to me that what sets the junins apart is the fact they have students

i think its a choice of the village elders saying wow kick ass guy your a junin

considering the village elders also decide who is a chuunin they just do it as a big event because kids like attention and its a way to show off there up comeing ninjas and there skills cause of the money,

but it comes down to that old people pick who passes... wonder what the pre req is to becomeing village elder

i guess live in the assination buisness to an old age

samsonlonghair
Tue, 12-09-2003, 03:13 AM
I would not rank ANBU as being lower than Jounins. It has been clearly said that ANBU are elite teams. They are like Green Beret ar Navy Seals. Almost no one can become an ANBU.

Uchuu no Recca
Tue, 12-09-2003, 04:22 AM
In order to get to Jounin level.

1) U need to kill at least 1 other ninja at the level of Jounin.

2) U need to have at least 10 underlings in the Chunin level.

3) U need to teach classes in the Genin level, and have 100 Genin level students.

Uchuu no Recca
Tue, 12-09-2003, 04:26 AM
To that effect, Naruto is closer to being a Jounin then many thinks.

But unfortunately he is still a genin. Yep, Naruto is still a Genin. That is a joke if you ask me.

Naruto is Konohamaru&#39;s boss, who inturn have two underlings.(maybe more)

Naruto killed hmmm, no one yet. (despite his ass kicking power, I guess killing is just not Naruto&#39;s style)

Naruto blah blah blah..

Sorry I lost it.

primalspas
Wed, 12-10-2003, 06:05 AM
i think that most people are forgetting that at the beginning of sound/sand vs leaf battles that orochimaru and crew kept calling konoha really weak, and i think the fact that konoha jounins and anbu are easily killed is a testament to their statements. I think its supposed to be that konoha was really strong with ninjas like the third and oro/jiraya/tsunade and the fourth but then there was lapse a bunch weaker ninjas came through the system, and now naruto and his class are going to have to rebuild konoha at some point or be the new strong generation that leads the ninjas.

Personally i think the rankings go something like this
student
genin
chuunin
jounin/anbu
hokage

Am i the only that considered that jounin and anbu are the same rank? I was just thinking that jounins make up the anbu but are not exactly required to be part of anbu. Think of Kurenai she just became a jounin and she hasn&#39;t had any anbu experience (from what we know) i think you just have a choice whether you want to be anbu or be a instructor.

To be on topic, i really don&#39;t think that there is a jounin exam like the chuunin exam. I think that really elite and powerful ninjas test promising chuunins on their skills and if they are good enough they let them in (like the test to be genin after you graduate the academy).

Insomniac
Wed, 12-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Naruto deserves to be a genin, he knows hardly anything and wins most of his fights by flukes http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif
and by the way those arent the real rules they&#39;re made up

UzumakiNaruto316
Thu, 12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Dont forget about Sennin. Also if they do go as far as to the Jounin exan, it will probably be a spin off of some sort like DBZ or maybe a mini series showing Naruto grown up.

Daniel of Lorien
Fri, 12-12-2003, 05:59 AM
consider this... all the Jounins can fit in an office with the Hokage... not many... they are the elite of the elite... Kakashi level ninja like Kabuto can easily take out an ANBU who is only of Genin or low Jounin level. Look at the way Kakashi and Gai tore through the enemy like they were paper toys... so when they say that the Konoha is weak they were underestimating it&#39;s power. After all the Leaf did defeat 2 countries at once. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Daniel of Lorien
Fri, 12-12-2003, 06:13 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Noonan @ Dec 8 2003, 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Gennin = private
Chuunin = Squad leader (sgt?)
Jounin = ranked officers (Lt.?)
Anbu = Special forces?
</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
this would be wrong... first thing is that Enlisted don&#39;t get promoted to Commisioned Officer status unless FAPed there in times of war... to much to explain about that... anyway there are three basic sections under the enlisted side... they are the real fighters in the military...

I&#39;ll be using the U.S. Marine Corp as the example since I was a member of this excelent fighting force.
Basic training - Student

from Pvt - Lcpl are Non. NCO(Non-Commisioned Officer) I&#39;d say that Genin are this. The reason is that Pvt. , PFC, and LCpl are all troops. They are the followers and do as told.

Cpl and Sgt would be Chunin lvled... this is because these guy are the small unit leaders of the Marine Corp and a great deal of the little things fall on them.

From SSgt- SgtMaj would be Jounin or ANBU(even hunter-nin) Where as the higher their rank the better their ablities are... so a SSgt Jounin would no be able to take on a SgtMaj Jounin ... I know that you have ot have some amount of mility knowledg to understand this ... sorry http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

there are cases where a ninja would be considers somewhat along the lines of an officer... like a Senin would be more of a mid to high level Officer... like maybe Col. and of course the Kage would be a General... of course there are 4 lvls of generals and a fifth in time of wars... but meh I go to far. Officers are large unit leaders and are often in control of situation on a larger scale... this is not always true, but once they asend to higher ranks it is... Lt. are about the biggest idiots in any mility I&#39;ve trained with... (English, Canadian, Norwiegen, Danish, Egyption... and a few others I&#39;m finished now... ) http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

LordSteelFist
Fri, 12-12-2003, 07:00 AM
Id say there is no exam, I&#39;d say they are hand picked because of their skill.

PoDy
Fri, 12-12-2003, 08:53 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ShAr&#33;nGaN @ Dec 5 2003, 06:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> to get the answer go here
----&#62; http://www.gelitten.com/game/dieb.php?id=24098 ('http://www.gelitten.com/game/dieb.php?id=24098') </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
i dont understand a single thing thats said on this page.

Daniel of Lorien
Sun, 12-14-2003, 04:40 AM
Yes... I think they are hand picked when the Kage sees that they are ready for this possition... probably only field promotions are done for Jounin lvl ninja

x_cry
Sun, 12-14-2003, 11:38 AM
I guess that if you do really good in your ranked chuunin missions, you could get promoted to Jounin or Anbu. But what do i know? I&#39;m just guessing...

Uzumaki Naruto
Mon, 12-15-2003, 04:12 AM
im going to say that the jounnin exam is going toe be really fukin hard and its going to be a long ass one to man u think that these exams are hard enough i wonder how the Anbu exam is going to be or if there is a test to become a member of anbu

jing
Mon, 12-15-2003, 08:54 AM
I bet the Hokage exam is : Who can assasinate the current Hokage?
http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

rasengan
Mon, 01-12-2004, 12:39 PM
lol to assasinate hokage will be really hard

Boogster
Tue, 01-13-2004, 03:41 AM
I think, quite simply, that the jounin are hand-picked by the hokage.

HyuugaZaba
Tue, 01-13-2004, 04:44 AM
Think that a council of jounins keep the chuunins, and promoted then to jounin level when they&#39;re become stronger, if it isn&#39;t, maybe hokage (or others kages in others villages) choose personally the chuunins to get jounin level.

kaigan
Tue, 01-13-2004, 01:48 PM
i don&#39;t think there is a jounin exam. i think after the chuunin exam, you moved up based on the missions that you accomplish.

Kumiriko
Fri, 01-16-2004, 09:47 AM
bout the hole anbu thing. if you had to be an anbu before you got to junin. that be alot of anbu. and anbu are spercally Trande to do what they do, As in not everone learns how to Slice up a dead body and distry the Secrits. or Kill with one blow.

Demon Brother
Sat, 01-17-2004, 06:11 AM
my guess is that you would have to accomplish some B rank missions, then if you have done enough they let you do like 3 A ranks, and if you succeed in them you get the title &quot;Jounin&quot;

whahappaz
Wed, 01-21-2004, 10:24 AM
i thought you have to leard 1000 moves or somthing to become a jounin

Everon
Thu, 01-22-2004, 06:04 AM
There&#39;s probably not a jounin exam. There are probably some requirements aside from completiong X number of missions or X number of kills. Jounins are probably picked not just by thier &quot;strength&quot; but also how well they work with Chunnin teammembers. After thier promotion they probably can either become Jounins or ANBU members.

Wren
Thu, 01-22-2004, 06:12 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (whahappaz @ Jan 21 2004, 10:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i thought you have to leard 1000 moves or somthing to become a jounin </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
thats for hokage; not for the jounin rank---besides; i dont think there is a jounin exam for the simple reason on that if you have a group of talented chuunin, why risk killin them for a damn rank? that would needlessy weaken the village in doing so; there probabaly are some criteria for it or other but not an exam like the chuunin one.

kAKASh1-senS3i
Thu, 01-22-2004, 09:54 AM
jounin is the stronger force against ANBU. you have to know that their purposes are different. anbu might be the &quot;special force&quot; but the jounins are the last resorts. they have better skill and bloodline and leadership to carry out a mission. but their purpose is to train. good ninjas are brought up by superior ninjas and knowing about the competition against each village, they want to grow up the strongest and smartest ninjas around. anbu is for defending and guarding but tehy match nothing compared to jounins. think about it. itachi vs. ANBU leader or itachi vs. Kakashi.

i think to decide on who will become a jounin is the decision of the hokage. if hokage sees potential and trust in someone, with outstanding skill otherwise a genious in some area, and has the desire to defend the village like the hokage duz. the hokage can choose his jounins.

a jounin match is too intense. there wud be hidden jutsus that noone knows of and all these crazy death related jutsus . definitely you cannot risk a life of a jounin in such a match. it is how well you lead the team.. and how well you know when to pull back.

Kumiriko
Thu, 01-22-2004, 10:22 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kAKASh1&#045;senS3i &#064; Jan 22 2004, 09:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> think about it. itachi vs. ANBU leader or itachi vs. Kakashi. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Kakashi has been both. and he has admitted to him self if i remember that he is not as strong as he use to be . say like when he lead the Anbu and itachi defeated him with a Glare basically. Trust me. the Anbu will show that they are the stronger Force one of this days

Hatake Kakashi
Thu, 01-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Ummm Kakashi has never said he lead the ANBU.

There are pictures of him, some official, some not of him in ANBU uniforms, but I don&#39;t think he was the leader.

Itachi was the Captain of the ANBU, but that is all that is mentioned.

Mut
Fri, 01-23-2004, 04:03 AM
jounins are just as strong as anbu&#39;s and vice versa. the only reason why we think jounins are stronger is cuz more significant characters like kakashi and gai are ranked as jounins and not anbu.

kAKASh1-senS3i
Thu, 01-29-2004, 07:04 AM
after watching naruto 68... i dont know.. i never knew anbu&#39;s so strong.. they are really strong esp the captain..wow i think i missed that chapter in the manga or something. ANBU deserves greater respect...now i have a slight doubt that the ANBU are weaker than the jounins. of course there genius&#39;s that are jounins who are super elite. of course they are stronger...why wudnt tehy be .. we just want them to be stronger because they are one of the main characters. more tv action http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Kumiriko
Thu, 01-29-2004, 07:12 AM
I dint watch the eps yet. waiting for AonE/anbu release but i told you all. anbu are way stronger then you want to belive.

EpoC
Mon, 02-09-2004, 05:14 AM
ANBU really are strong&#33; In the series they are considered very skilled.
The only reason that they die so fast is that they got ambushed by kabuto. Have you ever thought about that Kabuto is the only one that we see in the anime/manga killing ANBUs, and we all know that Kabuto is strong. He&#39;s as strong as kakashi as oro says. and kakashi is strong, this guy became a chounin at the age of 6 ffs.

About the jounin exam. I think it&#39;s a promotion you get by the council when you show exceptional skill and stuff like that.