PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden 340

Killa-Eyez
Thu, 11-28-2013, 10:04 PM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 340 - 1080p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=497465) | 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=497464) | 480p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=497462)

Slightly boring episode though Madara's just bad-ass. And it seems we're in for more badassery next week. :eek:

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-28-2013, 11:44 PM
Huh...those were some twists.

Oh no, my reanimation is fading! No wait, I'll just cast it on MYSELF! I like that he even has a lecture for Kabuto in there. "This is why you shouldn't use forbidden jutsu recklessly."

So, I guess Madara is now an actual player in this story again.

And Tobi's really going to awaken the Ten Tails with just that little tentacle tip? That's disappointing. I mean, seriously, if that's all it takes to bring back the Ten Tails, they didn't really have to kill ANY of the Jinchuuriki in the first place.

At the very least, I hope it's not at full power. Like it's weakened until it can get the REAL Eight and Nine Tails. Which would give Naruto a chance to actually win against it with only Kurama.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-29-2013, 12:09 AM
At the very least, I hope it's not at full power. Like it's weakened until it can get the REAL Eight and Nine Tails. Which would give Naruto a chance to actually win against it with only Kurama.

I thought the beasts and Naruto did had some secret strategy going on that would allow him to reclaim all the beasts or something. They didn't specify that exactly, but that's what I thought their little meeting was actually about aside from learning names.

Madara's situation is just BS. Where did he even learn that jutsu handsign from? Why didn't he do that until now? Kabuto could have reclaimed control over Madara at any time so it'd make sense to do it as soon as possible as far as risks are concerned.

It freaks me out whenever I see Kabuto just standing there. It feels like he could move at any moment.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-29-2013, 12:34 AM
Why didn't he do that until now?Probably for the same reason Dan didn't use his Ghost jutsu till after he was freed. Because Kabuto was still in control.

The moment Kabuto released the Jutsu, Madara was free to do whatever he wanted, and just recast it on himself before he faded.

Oh yeah, they also confirmed that Reanimations have Unlimited chakra. No idea why, but it sucks that they do.

Now, more than ever, it doesn't make sense as to why Orochimaru went to so much trouble to switch bodies when he apparently already knew how to attain the ultimate state. Immortal, regenerating, unlimited chakra, and you can even use it on yourself so you aren't under anyone's control.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-29-2013, 01:05 AM
Now, more than ever, it doesn't make sense as to why Orochimaru went to so much trouble to switch bodies when he apparently already knew how to attain the ultimate state. Immortal, regenerating, unlimited chakra, and you can even use it on yourself so you aren't under anyone's control.

I assume that you keep regenerating to your previous form, so you can never really improve. You'd want to be "resurrected" at your strongest state. Plus, there's also the problem that you have to die first, which is... risky.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-29-2013, 02:09 AM
I assume that you keep regenerating to your previous form, so you can never really improve.I don't know why you wouldn't be able to learn new jutsu.

And as Madara has shown, you can even gain access to new Kekkei Genkai by grafting DNA into your reanimated body.

Plus, there's also the problem that you have to die first, which is... risky.Fair point. Though the benefits seems to outweigh the drawbacks.

Kraco
Fri, 11-29-2013, 03:15 AM
I like that he even has a lecture... in there. "This is why you shouldn't use forbidden jutsu recklessly."

And Tobi's really going to awaken the Ten Tails with just that little tentacle tip? That's disappointing. I mean, seriously, if that's all it takes to bring back the Ten Tails, they didn't really have to kill ANY of the Jinchuuriki in the first place.

I can only hope that lecture thing wasn't empty words but things will come back to bite both of their asses eventually. Because immortality with unlimited chakra is bullshit. If this story has any sense, Oro would have known that and not used it precisely for that reason. Of course he still has the technical weakness of becoming a slave if somebody sticks a kunai with a paper slip into his neck. But since that would kill a normal person, it's not really a weakness to speak of. However, Madara didn't have much choice, so he would have done it even if it carried some major flaw, like it should.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-29-2013, 07:35 AM
If this story has any sense, Oro would have known that and not used it precisely for that reason.Except that we know for a fact that he didn't because Oro already reanimated someone that knew how to use the jutsu (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/521/5).

I guess Oro is lucky he never had to release the jutsu before the 2nd was sealed away, or else the same thing would probably have happened with him as is happening with Madara.

Of course he still has the technical weakness of becoming a slave if somebody sticks a kunai with a paper slip into his neck.Does he though? So far, the only person we've ever seen do that was the person who reanimated them in the first place. Will that technique even work for someone besides the jutsu caster? And if not, then it wouldn't work on Madara.

Kraco
Fri, 11-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Does he though? So far, the only person we've ever seen do that was the person who reanimated them in the first place. Will that technique even work for someone besides the jutsu caster? And if not, then it wouldn't work on Madara.

Yeah, I wasn't altogether serious. It's such a bullshit no jutsu that it has practically no rules or limits, other than those the plot happens to randomly require at any time. I still would want to be entertained by an explanation of where the unlimited chakra to the zombies is coming from. But I doubt Kishimoto even realised how silly that is when he was writing it.

frog hermit
Fri, 11-29-2013, 02:24 PM
Who is supposed to take out Madara now? Naruto is dealing with Tobi. The Hokages have failed repeatedly to anything to Madara except stall him.

Sasuke is free to do something i guess. Oro maybe? Izinagi or Izinami on madara from Sasuke? doubt that would work. the people that can actually do things are getting really thin.

Kraco
Fri, 11-29-2013, 03:25 PM
It's actually quite amazing that in this huge allied ninja army there's not a single old shinobi who would know a killer forbidden technique to use against a troublesome opponent. The rogue ninja seem to be treasure troves of nasty techniques but apparently the villages have absolutely none at their disposal. It's like in the real world only tiny dictatorships had nuclear weapons and the superpowers didn't.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Who is supposed to take out Madara now? Naruto is dealing with Tobi. The Hokages have failed repeatedly to anything to Madara except stall him.It's possible that Madara is poised to take over the roll of the big bad for the series now. Now that he's free to do what he wants, he may turn on Tobi and try and take the Ten Tails for himself. And then Naruto has to deal with Madara instead of Tobi.

Sasuke is free to do something i guess. Oro maybe? Izinagi or Izinami on madara from Sasuke? doubt that would work. the people that can actually do things are getting really thin.Those guys are all other villains though(also, Oro is dead and sealed in a ghost jug). So why would they help defeat Madara?

Unless Sasuke somehow finds out that Madara is actually responsible for Itachi's death somehow, there's no reason my Sasuke would suddenly fight against him.

Unless he pulls a "I'm the only one allowed to destroy them!". Which I guess I could see. Tobi or Madara casts the Infinite Tsukiyomi, and Sasuke's EMS protects him from it, and he's the only one able to stop them. But he only does it because they are denying him his vengeance.

Artris
Fri, 11-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Except that we know for a fact that he didn't because Oro already reanimated someone that knew how to use the jutsu (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/521/5).

I guess Oro is lucky he never had to release the jutsu before the 2nd was sealed away, or else the same thing would probably have happened with him as is happening with Madara.

Does he though? So far, the only person we've ever seen do that was the person who reanimated them in the first place. Will that technique even work for someone besides the jutsu caster? And if not, then it wouldn't work on Madara.

Kabuto was pretty proud of one big difference between his jutsu and Oro's: Oro killed the personality of his reanimations. Maybe now we know why.

Oh and... from now on I'm calling Madara Mumra. It seems more fitting. All we need are a couple rolls of toilet paper!

Kraco
Fri, 11-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Those guys are all other villains though(also, Oro is dead and sealed in a ghost jug). So why would they help defeat Madara?

Unless Sasuke somehow finds out that Madara is actually responsible for Itachi's death somehow, there's no reason my Sasuke would suddenly fight against him.

Unless he pulls a "I'm the only one allowed to destroy them!". Which I guess I could see. Tobi or Madara casts the Infinite Tsukiyomi, and Sasuke's EMS protects him from it, and he's the only one able to stop them. But he only does it because they are denying him his vengeance.

Don't fall victim to the childish notion anime and also Western fiction often try to propagate: That heroes form one group and villains another. While heroes might actually do that, a villain's worst enemy isn't singularly a hero. A villain can't ever trust another villain either, because otherwise they wouldn't be villains in the first place. Two heroes might compete on who's the bigger hero, but they wouldn't like to risk the evil winning due to their competition. However, a villain would care nothing for such a thing. Another villain eliminated is one competitor less.

Besides, Sasuke is a questionable villain at best. He might want Konoha gone and isn't adverse to involving others to see it done, but there's no indication he would want to be the emperor of the world or the world to change beyond recognition. As long as he doesn't pull of something really evil for no good reason, I'll see him as an anti-hero. He considers Konoha a nest of evilness, which is why he wants to destroy it. It's not like he would admit Konoha is a nice enough place and he simply wants it gone because it annoys him or prevents him from performing some grand experiment. He wants to destroy Konoha because Konoha is the villain for him.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-30-2013, 12:39 AM
Kabuto was pretty proud of one big difference between his jutsu and Oro's: Oro killed the personality of his reanimations. Maybe now we know why.Which wouldn't have helped because, as Lord Mu showed, even the ones whose personalities get killed still regain control one the jutsu is released.

As long as he doesn't pull of something really evil for no good reason, I'll see him as an anti-hero.Are you being serious with this?

Do you know how many people Sasuke has murdered now with very little provocation?

Sasuke has had zero redeeming qualities for a long time now. He's not an anti-hero. He's a villain protagonist.

Kraco
Sat, 11-30-2013, 03:01 AM
Are you being serious with this?

Do you know how many people Sasuke has murdered now with very little provocation?

Sasuke has had zero redeeming qualities for a long time now. He's not an anti-hero. He's a villain protagonist.

Sure he has done in some. Because he's not a Naruto style ninja. He's the old-fashioned type and has poor tolerance for anybody standing in his way. Which is exactly why he might fight against Madara, for example.

Let's, for a thought experiment, reverse the setting a bit. If Konoha had been depicted as a village of villains from the beginning of the story and Sasuke had been somebody who escaped from it to train elsewhere to later come back to destroy the place, in the process removing some more or less associated people, wouldn't he then look very much like an anti-hero? Because that his point of view in this story. Like they say, one man's hero is another man's villain. Like I said earlier, Sasuke hasn't shown any questionable ambition beyond removing Konoha, which is an important factor when judging his character.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-30-2013, 05:51 AM
I think if the story was about a kid whose family was murdered by the army/government of some country, and his response was to want to murder EVERYONE in that country, and who regularly sacrificed his own friends and allies whenever it would get him closer to his goal, I would very much not consider that character an anti-hero, and would think I was watching some Death Note-type series.

Kraco
Sat, 11-30-2013, 06:34 AM
Konoha's leaders have been elected by Konoha itself. Like in a democracy, the citizens are responsible for the actions of their leaders. Even if they later depose those leaders, it doesn't change anything, unless the victims forgive them. Naturally it's fell to slaughter everybody in response, I'm not saying it wasn't, but that's only so in Naruto's new type of ninja world. Perhaps Itachi was starting to think so before the end. But Sasuke is still living in the old world, unless Itachi managed to change him, who knows.

Anyway, my original point was that it's hasty to think all villains would form a united front. Why, we just saw Itachi & Sasuke bring down Kabuto's army of the undead, as well as Kabuto himself, for he won't be his previous self anymore if he intends to escape Izanami. Kabuto, Tobi, and Madara didn't see that coming. It might even serve Sasuke's purposes to see this war end soon so that the allied ninja army would disband and Konoha would be ready to receive Sasuke's greeting. If Madara wins, there might not be anymore Konoha for Sasuke to defeat. That might be a bit unsatisfactory for him.

UChessmaster
Sat, 11-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Konoha's leaders have been elected by Konoha itself. Like in a democracy, the citizens are responsible for the actions of their leaders.

I thought it was decided by a counsil? Who voted for Tsunade?

Kraco
Sat, 11-30-2013, 10:38 AM
I thought it was decided by a counsil? Who voted for Tsunade?

You think anybody could lead Konoha without the approval of most of the toughest ninja? They are ninja, so an unwanted leader would quickly find something extra between their shoulder blades. Such as a dagger.

My sentences might have been a bit too compressed, giving an impression I was telling Konoha is a democracy, which wasn't my intention.

Artris
Sat, 11-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Which wouldn't have helped because, as Lord Mu showed, even the ones whose personalities get killed still regain control one the jutsu is released.

Not the same. Kabuto used a jutsu to remotely control Mu, he didn't slip a dagger in his back to kill his personality (Madara even called it something like "Remote Animation Transmission" or something equally silly).

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Konoha's leaders have been elected by Konoha itself. Like in a democracy, the citizens are responsible for the actions of their leaders.I have no idea where you're getting this. I've never seen anything to even remotely suggest that this is the case.

Anyway, my original point was that it's hasty to think all villains would form a united front..Fair enough.