PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden 338

DarthEnderX
Thu, 11-14-2013, 01:05 PM
[HorribleSubs] Naruto Shippuuden - 338 - 1080p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=492951) | 720p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=492948) | 480p (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=492947)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so, I have a couple big problems with this Izanagi backstory thing.

The first is, the idea that Izanagi was this things that you could just abuse. Where it shows all the Uchiha using it going "Muhahahaha! With my Izanagi, I can never be defeated! Hahahah!"

Actually, you totally can. Because you can, at most, use it twice. Why would you ever need to develop a jutsu specifically to counter people who abuse a jutsu they can only use two times?

Izanagi doesn't even do anything to help you actually win. The built in counter to any Izanagi user is to just beat them 3 times. And really, only twice, because after the 2nd time, they're blind anyway, which probably makes beating them a third time pretty damn easy.

The only reason it was such a problem with Danzou was because Danzou had collected, like, a dozen Sharingan he could sacrifice.

My other complaint was the way they made EVERY Izanagi user in the flashback a Mangekyo user. You don't need a Mangekyo Sharingan to use the Izanagi. You can do it with a normal Sharingan.

The Mangekyo is supposed to be this super high level technique you can only use if your best friend is dead or something. The fact that they marginalized it by giving it to everyone when it wasn't even required is kind of annoying.

Anyway...so Kabuto is basically finished at this point, but he's not dead. And the way it's written, he can literally come back at any time. But when he does, he probably won't be a badguy anymore, since he can't come back till he changes his way.

Which kind of sucks, because the thing he has to stop doing to escape is kinda the coolest thing about his character.

frog hermit
Thu, 11-14-2013, 11:41 PM
i agree with you on basically everything you just said. Izanagi is just not fleshed out enough. what is it? grant a wish type power or a dodge a death attack power. i know its "change/decide my fate" but that is very vague and so far is being purely used to avoid or rewind a death attack. i honestly dont care to ever see it again.

anyway,
Is Madara about to just disappear? that sucks. then whats left ? tobi and naruto . then i guess eventually pissed off sasuke is going to come around eventually, sulking and screaming. guess im excited to see what they will finish up madara with and then what tobi's whole deal is. and of course what new shit Naruto can come up with.

Sasuke just seems ....... well i mean we got Madara, tobi, itachi.. wtf is sasuke going to surprise us with that they didnt have? I just kind of lost interest in him. am i alone on this?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-14-2013, 11:58 PM
i agree with you on basically everything you just said. Izanagi is just not fleshed out enough. what is it? grant a wish type power or a dodge a death attack power. i know its "change/decide my fate" but that is very vague and so far is being purely used to avoid or rewind a death attack. i honestly dont care to ever see it again.

Anyone ever played Drift and used their rewind action after a crash? Price of Persia might have had something like that too. Izanagi just seems like something that lets you avoid death, but only just. It doens't let you change the future such that you ended up in first place or something.

The whole Izanagi/Izanami is pretty BS. How does it even work or how is it cast? It's magic. It doesn't have any qi-theory behind it like other ninjutsu or genjutsu do. It's purely magic BS. So much so that I was wishing Kabuto would actually wake up and cut that explanation short.

I'm rather looking forward to next week where we'll get back to some real ninja fighting.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-15-2013, 12:57 AM
Izanagi is just not fleshed out enough. what is it? grant a wish type power or a dodge a death attack power. i know its "change/decide my fate" but that is very vague and so far is being purely used to avoid or rewind a death attack.Well, the way they originally explained Izanagi was that it turned reality INTO an illusion. So if you died, you could lose and eye and just go "that didn't happen".

It's basically just llike Orihime's power in Bleach. She doesn't actually heal people, she just rejects the reality of the fact that they were ever injured.

Sasuke just seems ....... well i mean we got Madara, tobi, itachi.. wtf is sasuke going to surprise us with that they didnt have? I just kind of lost interest in him. am i alone on this?Sasuke can't do anything the way he is now. But he's been introduced to new paths for him to attain power.

If he get's his hands on some Senju DNA(which is everywhere atm) he can awaken his Rinnegan. If Kabuto ever wakes up, Sasuke could learn Sagejutsu from him. And Itachi might give him the Totsuka Blade and the Yata Mirror before he vanishes.

All that could make him stronger than Naruto, but Naruto is probably going to end up as the 10-tails Jinchuuriki by the end of this arc.

I'm rather looking forward to next week where we'll get back to some real ninja fighting.Really? Because I'm expecting them to spend an entire episode on watching the zombies crumble. Probably with plenty of tearful farewells.

kmkze04
Fri, 11-15-2013, 04:45 AM
After reading the posts I'm really hesitant about watching this... but there's probably at least a few pieces I do need to know. Oh well... into the frying pan...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Why wouldn't you watch it?

UChessmaster
Fri, 11-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Izanagi seems like a glorified log switch.

kmkze04
Sun, 11-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Why wouldn't you watch it?

It sounded like it'll just be a long, drawn out explanation of an uber copout jutsu that I might as well skip the explanation and go straight to the WTF step. I watched it anyway... it wasn't as bad as I expected.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-17-2013, 05:32 AM
You weren't wrong though. The explanation was at least half the episode.

Kraco
Mon, 11-25-2013, 08:06 AM
I know I'm somewhat late to the part, but anyway:

Considering infighting, unless an Uchiha is fighting a blind opponent, he can simply take an eye from the fallen one to replace his own Izanagi blinded eye. So, one can indeed use it infinitely. The added bonus is eternal Mangekyo. What comes to them all having Mangekyo, I suppose during the more turbulent times, they all kept losing friends nonstop (or rather, had their share of grief and stress, because losing a friend doesn't actually mean anything inherently) and they all indeed needed the Mangekyo to fight against other monster ninja of the old times. So, Mangekyo wasn't some big secret locked into a basement but something every capable Uchiha was taught eventually.

Still, that flashback gave nice background to why the rest of Konoha was always so wary of Uchiha: The lot kept killing each other for petty power and position, which doesn't exactly create trust.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-25-2013, 09:59 AM
You need a medical ninja to transplant an eye, so you couldn't just do it on the fly. I'm sure you could rip one out like Shisui did, but I think putting one back in would be more like the Kakashi scenario.

Kraco
Mon, 11-25-2013, 11:36 AM
Medical ninja are dime a dozen, so what's the problem? That's nothing but a technical detail.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Medical ninja are dime a dozen, so what's the problem? That's nothing but a technical detail.

It means you can't use it infinitely in battle. You get 2 shots, then you need to get serviced somewhere before you're combat ready again. They're not going to get that chance to find a medic since the entire clan is jumping one another.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Considering infighting, unless an Uchiha is fighting a blind opponent, he can simply take an eye from the fallen one to replace his own Izanagi blinded eye. So, one can indeed use it infinitely.Given that they showed everyone knowing it, it would seem that the first person to use their eye would also be the person who would lose.

Uchiha gets defeated, uses eye to undo it and kill his killer. Killer uses eye to undo that and kill him. Uchiha uses his second eye to undo THAT and possibly kill his killer(though he's blind now, so probably not). Then killer uses his other eye to undo THAT and kill the original Uchiha finally. But now both he and his target have two blind eyes.

Still doesn't seem very abusable. If your opponent doesn't also know Izanagi, then fine. It works cause he kills you, you use it to come back and get the drop on him, and then you take his eyes. But as long as both sides know it, it just comes down to whoever gets killed 3 times first loses, and there's no spoils for the winner.

Kraco
Mon, 11-25-2013, 01:34 PM
That depiction of Uchiha infighting we saw wasn't really a good indication of ancient Uchiha fighting anyway, was it? They did nothing but first fight like ninja academy beginners and then suddenly needed to save themselves with Izanagi. I think it was just a symbolic thing to make Itachi's speech more lively. In the first place, if both know how Izanagi works, they wouldn't end up in the kind of situation you described. No, they would try to kill the opponent so swiftly there wouldn't be a chance to activate Izanagi. If they thought they might snatch a replacement eye from some other unfortunate, they might even blind the opponent before the chance to use Izanagi.

And Bill, I'm talking about a single fights here, not some grand ridiculous tournament where all of Uchiha fight each other consecutively until only one Uchiha is left standing. Obviously such a thing never happened since the clan was still around for Itachi to slaughter. Now, what we saw during Itachi speak was something like that, but I already explained what I thought about that.

But of course it's true one can only use it once, basically, during a single fight since using it twice would leave the user blind. And blind people don't actually see more, unlike Kill la Kill would have you believe.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Well, apparently that flashback is all filler, so you're right, it's probably not a very good indication of how those fights went.