PDA

View Full Version : Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Archangel
Thu, 11-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Is anyone playing this yet? I just got a key

Assertn
Thu, 11-07-2013, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't mind giving it a shot, I know all the big lol streamers love that game. Don't have a key, though.

UChessmaster
Thu, 11-07-2013, 04:19 PM
No key QQ.

Archangel
Thu, 11-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Got one rom LoL coaching

I don't think they're that expensive though u guys could get one on ebay

Alhuin
Thu, 11-07-2013, 09:22 PM
What's funny is I had my key for over two weeks and didn't realize it. The email was sent to spam for some reason... >_>

The game was fun for the first few weeks, and there are definitely things I would still like to do... but ultimately, I got bored of it fast. It's extremely difficult to build up a collection without paying real money, and the card pool is pretty shallow as it is. It also suffers from the same thing WoW does with class imbalance. The majority of the time it comes down to skill, but there are just some cards that are just too good/not good enough. I suppose that's the point of a beta though. Anyways, I play it at work when I have nothing else to do, but for now, I've been focusing on other things.

KrayZ33
Sat, 11-09-2013, 04:53 AM
arena is cool, everything else is boring

it takes too long to get new cards and on top of it, the amount of cards are shallow
I'll wait for them to add new stuff

+ priest is OP :D

shadowword pain+death+mind control = wtf!

Archangel
Sat, 11-09-2013, 08:03 PM
How does ranked even work? I've been playing for a day and i'm already platinum

Archangel
Mon, 12-09-2013, 01:32 PM
If anyone's looking for a key i got one today, could sell for paypal or a steam game

UChessmaster
Mon, 12-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Or you could give it to me for free.

Archangel
Mon, 12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
Sold it for 10 pounds, soz

Alhuin
Mon, 12-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Why would anyone pay for a key... I don't get it. Open beta is about to start, and it's not like the game is groundbreaking or anything.

Penner
Tue, 12-10-2013, 08:49 AM
A while back people were selling keys for like hundreds of dollars on Ebay lol, it was fucking ridiculous.

Anyway, the biggest problem i have with the game is that literally the ONLY thing i want to play is Arena, and that costs money to play (unless you get like 6+ wins each run you do).

Another pretty big problem is that because i have zero interest in 'constructed' play, both the Cards/Packs and all the Dust you get from the arena rewards are completely and utterly useless to people like me who only want to play Arena :/

So for people who only enjoy playing Arena, the game isn't free2play or pay2win, it's more like pay2play.

(Mages & Priests are OP :P)

Archangel
Tue, 12-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Why would anyone pay for a key... I don't get it. Open beta is about to start, and it's not like the game is groundbreaking or anything.
Because they're cheap as fuck?

KrayZ33
Tue, 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM
and just because its cheap, you'd pay for it? even though you'll get it for free soon anyway?

I don't understand why people would pay (so much!) for a key thats only worth a few months/weeks/days, but then again- people pay for nearly anything, even cheats and hacks...

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-10-2013, 04:16 PM
Are you honestly surprised someone pays 10 bucks for a beta key of a popular game?

http://o.canada.com/technology/gaming/buy-an-xbox-one-box-for-only-400-wait-what/

Penner
Tue, 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM
God damn, people have too much money if they spend over 400 bucks on a box full of air.

Archangel
Tue, 12-10-2013, 07:07 PM
and just because its cheap, you'd pay for it? even though you'll get it for free soon anyway?

Yes ,

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-11-2013, 12:01 PM
Are you honestly surprised someone pays 10 bucks for a beta key of a popular game?

"suprised" is the wrong word, its just that no one (in his right mind) understands it, because its stupid

shinta|hikari
Wed, 12-11-2013, 10:53 PM
Disposable income.

Edort4
Thu, 12-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Lots of people are already paying for betas and pre-release 2-3 days passes. Im sure that in no time we are going to start seeing ppl selling alpha releases. Even if the market is "smal" (not so much people with huge disposable income) it still makes profit and takes very few effort to make. They even write in disclaimer that game could not work at all.

I always thought that writers would end doing the same by releasing their novels by chapters after seeing how lots of them started trilogies that perfectly fit one single book to get more revenue. Just bear with it cause its here to stay like DLC content extracted from the game when it should be part of it. You cant defeat it but there is no obligation to fight it.

Best you can do is keep your ego shield up and dont fall into envy or jealousy of ppl that do it or can afford it.

Penner
Fri, 12-13-2013, 05:21 PM
It's really damn aggravating that the only thing i want to play in HS, the Arena, is fucking pay to play.

Just give me a free draft/arena mode without the rewards, i don't care about them, i just want to play the damn thing >_>

TwisT
Fri, 12-13-2013, 07:05 PM
There is already alphas getting sold. Check out Steams Early Access section. Many of the games there are just alphas. I have bought Early Access to Might and Magic X myself. My first ever RPG to PC was Might and Magic VI and i have played them all since then. So i know M&M X would be no different.

Besides when you pay to go watch a movie, you pay for something you will be able to watch for free later on (TV, streaming, pirating). I bet someone that pays 10 bucks for a Heartstone beta key will get many more hours of enjoyment then a movie will bring. To me it's all about price vs. expected amount of joy.

KrayZ33
Tue, 12-24-2013, 05:26 AM
It's really damn aggravating that the only thing i want to play in HS, the Arena, is fucking pay to play.

Just give me a free draft/arena mode without the rewards, i don't care about them, i just want to play the damn thing >_>

i feel you man, if you end up drafting a bad deck you have to play constructed to get enough gold for the next round which is annoying..
and 150g for ~2€, really?

I'd love a free arena-ticket every day or 3 every week or so.
I can't persuade myself to play constructed, so all I can do ist watch Trump's full arena games, which is pretty cool, because it feels like you are playing yourself :D

Y
Wed, 12-25-2013, 03:24 PM
This is a cool game. The constructed meta is really unpleasant because due to a confluence of things the really strong decks are uninteractive shit like spell mage and extremely resilient early game aggro decks. As a control player you're really up shit creek against these decks that don't give a rat's ass how many times you try and establish board control. I think being unable to disrupt your opponent on his turn is pretty rough. Arena's balanced a lot better though.

Archangel
Wed, 12-25-2013, 03:27 PM
This is a cool game. The constructed meta is really unpleasant because due to a confluence of things the really strong decks are uninteractive shit like spell mage and extremely resilient early game aggro decks. As a control player you're really up shit creek against these decks that don't give a rat's ass how many times you try and establish board control. I think being unable to disrupt your opponent on his turn is pretty rough. Arena's balanced a lot better though.
There needs to be counterplay against AoE and Secrets other than not loading the board. Maybe if counterspell wasn't a mage exclusive or something.

Archangel
Sat, 02-01-2014, 09:25 AM
So who's into the open beta?

I ripped a golden pyro 2 days ago, DE'd it for 1600 dust and now just ripped a bloodmage thalmos so i'm feeling pretty good. What decks are you guys running?

Xelbair
Sat, 02-01-2014, 08:44 PM
and the second booster my friend opened contained a golden Leeroy... luck^infinity.

Y
Sun, 02-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Blizzard needs to release content for Hearthstone at an MTG-like pace for the game to remain fresh, but I don't think that's even remotely possible. Also tons of totally necessary things like tournament support don't exist yet. "Beta", I know, but I doubt Blizzard will ever be pumping out expansions three times a year or whatever would be necessary to keep people into it.

Archangel
Mon, 06-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Still nobody in the euro server?