PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lee

skyro
Thu, 12-04-2003, 05:28 AM
I KNOW! They should've just brought in Shino to kick Jirobou's ass with his strategy and bugs. I enjoy the matches where intelligence and strategy were used much more than just DBZ-powering up (although the Lee vs. Gaara was tight nontheless). But yeah, I do agree it was kind of lame how Chouji just busted it out of nowhere. I just hope Kiba and Neji don't bust some DBZ-esque thing like that in their fights.

Mut
Thu, 12-04-2003, 07:24 AM
this is stupid. no one is gonna take the red pills except chojis' clan.. no if's, no buts, no nothing.

jing
Thu, 12-04-2003, 07:33 AM
yeah i think hiten mitsurugi is just SO wrong about this http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sleep.gif". maybe you should pay attention to the reading more... Have you noticed that the pills were only effective when choji did FAT moves....... and the last pill just kills you as choji said, why would rock lee eat something thats going to killl himself.

FlatulationNoJutsu
Thu, 12-04-2003, 08:59 AM
lee doesnt know how to get the pills or even heard of it

hiten mitsurugi
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:31 PM
If a ninja is suppose to know everything, and even Chouji knows about the existence of the white, blue, and red pill, then why didn't Rock Lee eat a pill instead of opening gates.

This is why I hate all these pill crap. If lee uses Inital Lotus and starts opening gates there is a chance that he could be permanently damaged. Whereas if he simply took the white or/and blue pill, he might have beat down Gaara, and no crutches afterwards. And he can take the red pill only if he has to, because of the side effects (don't know what they are yet until Chouji wakes up or recovers). But still, the option to eat the pills is better then opening the gates. Worst case scenario, a combination of the white pill and lets say two gates would probably be enough.

Why introduce these pills at all? Just so that chouji can win over jirobou. The writers should have just chosen someone (Shino) who would have been able to defeat Jirobou without pills. Either that or the pills should have been introduced during the Rock Lee fight, for Rock Lee's sake.

Poor Rock Lee

sangai
Thu, 12-04-2003, 12:50 PM
because the pills are a secert of the akamachi clan and are very dangerous or else chouji would use them more often

Insomniac
Thu, 12-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Pills are just as dangerous as what Lee did.
notice how Chouji fainted or died after winning?

Assertn
Thu, 12-04-2003, 01:36 PM
yeah.....now the SOLDIER pills, on the other hand....seem kinda stupid
why wouldnt ninjas be eating those things all the time? they cant be too expensive or anything if kiba was able to get his hands on them easy enough

SDShamshel
Thu, 12-04-2003, 01:48 PM
They're a temporary solution and appear to not provide actual nutrients necessary to live. Also, we've only seen them used twice, really. One is by Kiba, who "fights like a wild beast" so it's appropriate for him, and a bagful being carried by Chouji who just carries a lot of food in general. Kiba appeared to be only carrying a few.

Also, eating 50 million soldier pills at once would probably do nothing but kill you so you can't "get stronger" with it. Again, temporary solution.

As for the whole red pill vs gates thing, they work way differently.

The Akimichi pills appear to give you bursts of chakra, possibly from burning calories.

The Extreme Lotus works why using chakra to forcefully remove the limiters in your body so that your muscles can work at 100% efficiency.

The Akimichi pills would be useless for Rock Lee who does not know how to use chakra effectively aside from the Lotus, and he can do that with just his own.

Uchiha
Fri, 12-05-2003, 02:03 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hiten mitsurugi @ Dec 5 2003, 11:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Are you kidding me, Lee doesn&#39;t know about the pills or where to get it.

Konoha must have some extremely stupid ninjas then. Your telling me that throughout ninja academy, they don&#39;t learn about blood stopping pills, soldier pills, all these other pills.

How are those pills an Akamachi secret. If Shikamaru knew about the existence of those pills then it&#39;s just general knowledge. You think a lazy person like Shikamaru would exert energy to find something like that out. Even kiba knew what Skikamaru was talking about. It&#39;s not a blood line technique. I&#39;m sure there is a street corner pusher selling these pills. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
shikamaru maybe knew about the pills because he is choji&#39;s freind?

and the pills just gives a chakra burst but with more chakra your speed increases too. Like when sasuke fough haku before haku used the mirrors. Sasuke focused chakra to his feets so he could jump away.

sangai
Fri, 12-05-2003, 02:03 AM
hiten shikamaru knows about the pills cause hes only been around chouji since he was like 4 and there dads are best friends i think shikamaru and chouji are gonna talk to each other

sure everyone at the acadamy is trained about pills but im sure that the akamachi clan is the ones who made the tri colored pills

i really dont think anyone but chouji and shikamaru know what the pills are and do kiba prolly has an idea

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 04:39 AM
Get real people, if people outside the Akamachi clan know about the pills, it&#39;s no longer a secret. Especially if the pills have been around for decades. If choji and shikamaru are good friends and that&#39;s why shikamaru knows then from the same premise it would be suffice to say the shikamaru&#39;s father knows too becuase choji&#39;s father and shikamaru&#39;s father are good friends.

Remeber the old rule: Two can keep a secret, if the other one is dead.

Daniel of Lorien
Fri, 12-05-2003, 04:50 AM
anyone who said that Choji fight was DBZ like is a damn moron... note how DBZ powerups make them stronger all the time... were as Choji is probably dead. And as for the pills... no doubt they were made with the clans fat in mind. I doubt anyone could take the 3rd pill and even get any power from it unless they had a great amount of stored energy(fat). As for the &quot;magic pill&quot; stuff that we see, well no doubt in a world where demons live and people can transform into monsters that this is possible. Anyway who cares... enjoy the damn manga&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_jumpon.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Chi Chi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 05:16 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hiten mitsurugi @ Dec 5 2003, 03:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Get real people, if people outside the Akamachi clan know about the pills, it&#39;s no longer a secret. Especially if the pills have been around for decades. If choji and shikamaru are good friends and that&#39;s why shikamaru knows then from the same premise it would be suffice to say the shikamaru&#39;s father knows too becuase choji&#39;s father and shikamaru&#39;s father are good friends.

Remeber the old rule: Two can keep a secret, if the other one is dead. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Did you saw Shiki&#39;s dad in the anime? Do you think he&#39;d remember?

RaZzy
Fri, 12-05-2003, 06:56 AM
pills to make you stronger feels kinda cheated, doesn&#39;t it?
It&#39;s like you can&#39;t do it on your own so you need those pills... man that sux

NaokiSama_5
Fri, 12-05-2003, 06:56 AM
yup, the pills were just the same as the gates, plus the pills were secret to the clan.

TenSh1
Fri, 12-05-2003, 10:18 AM
chapter 196 where are you &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Jiraiy4
Fri, 12-05-2003, 11:19 AM
hitsen are u dumb or something? The meaning &quot;top secret&quot; means that it is a secret on how to make it. It does not mean the pills itself is uknown to the world, it simply means that only tha Akamichi clan has access to it because they&#39;re the only ones who can make it.

Now I know you are a brainless stubborn child who&#39;s tryna bring up a point. But cmon now lets be real. IF ure thinking &quot;why dont other clans juss take it from Akamichi clan&quot; i doubt some people can, can u imagine 20 overgrown chakra crazing fat ninjas?

Mut
Fri, 12-05-2003, 11:22 AM
i think hitsen should take a red pill. i mean, it&#39;s obviously not a secret if hitsen thinks that everyone should know about it.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 12:06 PM
Are you kidding me, Lee doesn&#39;t know about the pills or where to get it.

Konoha must have some extremely stupid ninjas then. Your telling me that throughout ninja academy, they don&#39;t learn about blood stopping pills, soldier pills, all these other pills.

How are those pills an Akamachi secret. If Shikamaru knew about the existence of those pills then it&#39;s just general knowledge. You think a lazy person like Shikamaru would exert energy to find something like that out. Even kiba knew what Skikamaru was talking about. It&#39;s not a blood line technique. I&#39;m sure there is a street corner pusher selling these pills.

hiten mitsurugi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 12:31 PM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jing @ Dec 4 2003, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> yeah i think hiten mitsurugi is just SO wrong about this http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/sleep.gif&quot;. maybe you should pay attention to the reading more... Have you noticed that the pills were only effective when choji did FAT moves....... and the last pill just kills you as choji said, why would rock lee eat something thats going to killl himself.

</td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Oh my god, &quot;fat moves,&quot; that&#39;s because Choji&#39;s the only one that we&#39;ve seen eat it. Who said anything about eating the red pill? You should read the post a little better (I said white and blue). Not only that but opening all 8 gates will surely kill Lee as well. I for one would have chosen the pills over opening the gates.

SDShamsel:
Do you think that a sudden burst of chakra can punch a hole in a guy? the pills definitely increased his speed and strength as well.

Note: the point is don&#39;t use stupid pills like sensu beans, soldier pills, blood stopping pills, red, blue, and white pills. It&#39;s just totally stupid. Provide a better protagonist and don&#39;t make up for his flaws with instant fix/power up pills.

Chi Chi
Fri, 12-05-2003, 01:11 PM
The red pill is more dangerous then opening 5 gates. The red one could kill him while with the 5 gates, you only have muscular damage that can be healed. The only reason he is so badly injured is Gaara&#39;s attack. The two others pills have side-effects to and we don&#39;t know if would have won.

SDShamshel
Sat, 12-06-2003, 02:19 AM
The issue of the pills wasn&#39;t &quot;OMG INSTANT POWER UP.&quot; It was that the penalty of taking the red pill is, more likely than not, death. Is Chouji willing to sacrifice his own life to help others? Is he willing to give up the friends he cherishes so much, never to see them again? It&#39;s less a pill and more of a kamikaze attack.

Besides, strategizing, clever use of environment, all those things are not in Chouji&#39;s character. I bet you&#39;ll see assloads of that with the Shikamaru fight, but Chouji really has not much else aside from his various size-based jutsu. It would&#39;ve been out of character for him to pull off a Shikamaru-style victory, or hell, a Naruto-style victory.

Insomniac
Sat, 12-06-2003, 03:00 AM
Narutos victories are always stupid ones anyway http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/dry.gif
they tend to ignore the rules that were in place against other people, for example, Gaaras sand not stopping him coming at Gaara when it stopped everyone else (he was going slow as in the first place) and a headbutt to end it and against Neji he comes out of the ground to attack him but Neji should have been able to have seen it shouldnt he? he only has a little blind spot (plus that one punch was enough to finish him lol)
also vs Kiba he farted, whoa.
you&#39;re right, Naruto is an excellent strategist. http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/laugh.gif

cant wait for the future fight against Orochimaru where Naruto trips on a twig and it impales Oro

Chi Chi
Sat, 12-06-2003, 04:25 AM
In the manga you see his vision to be clearly stated as above ground only. 360 degrees is only a circle. With Gaara, I don&#39;t know exactly when the headbut was but if it was when Shuusaku was out, it is clear all the sand is on S and if it is after, S. is too tired to protect him.

_Sasuke_
Sat, 12-06-2003, 04:42 AM
I go with the last 2 posts made, sure its not a secret to others, others know about the pills, but only the clan of chouji knows how to make them, period.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-06-2003, 05:13 AM
A. Neji eyes aren&#39;t like the sharingan, and even if they were, just becuase you can see something, doesn&#39;t mean you can react to it. until now, Neji had at least one second warning before each of Naruto&#39;s attacks, so he was able to do the Kaiten. But at the fight with Naruto, he was taken by complete suprise.

B. about Gaara&#39;s sand, not only that the sand was out of him (in the form of shukaku demon), the sand has moved and got to naruto before the attack, that&#39;s why naruto had to change his charge from a punch to a head but, read Chap 136 to see it exactly

TenSh1
Sat, 12-06-2003, 07:07 AM
lol feel free to take the pills i make http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

it will cost ya thu , and im not speaking bout cash http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif

Stoopider
Sat, 12-06-2003, 10:57 AM
I think the pills extract all of Chouji&#39;s fats and makes them into chakra. Since fats has twice the amount of energy. Thats why he looks slimmer after the battle.

So if Rock Lee ate it... Rock Lee would probably be bones right now... http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce.gif

Jiraiy4
Sat, 12-06-2003, 12:40 PM
stoopider ure smart haha

Hotsuma
Sat, 12-06-2003, 12:47 PM
The pill was a stupid idea. It boosts your strength. Wow, that&#39;s ORIGINAL. Sorry, but that was a really fucking stupid-ass fight. It shouldn&#39;t be in Naruto, at all. Instead of applying some insane, unthinkable technique that utilizes the enviornment, their positions, manipulation of JUTSUS, and any other factor, he wins because he takes a pill, and becomes stronger. This was the biggest waste of chapters, ever.

And Rock Lee&#39;s character is emphasized heavily on just effort. Taking a pill gives you added power, but probably without much stress in doing it, itself. Opening gates obviously takes a lot of practice, and effort.

Insomniac
Sat, 12-06-2003, 01:34 PM
you also think Neji and Hinata would be a good couple even though their cousins http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif
soldier pills wernt only used by kiba - remember Kabuto uses one too.
the &#39;red pills&#39; were a secret to Choujis clan, and obviously there were just as damaging as the gates.
ALSO you would notice every move he did with those pills were multisize jutsus, this suggests that the pills help with these techniques ONLY.
Rock Lee doesnt know how to use multisize jutsu, seeing as its a secret to Choujis clan (not only does he not know it he couldnt use it if he wanted to) so these pills are specifically for Chouji and his father ONLY.

Insomniac
Sun, 12-07-2003, 03:37 AM
i dont think Ino would enjoy having sex with herself even if it was Sasuke&#39;s body probably because of the fact that Ino&#39;s body would be unconcious, but you never know, she might

TheAwesomeChow
Sun, 12-07-2003, 08:52 AM
oh hell let&#39;s just be more random and ask why ino doesn&#39;t just take over sasuke&#39;s body and have sex with herself.

Noonan
Sun, 12-07-2003, 09:10 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheAwesomeChow @ Dec 7 2003, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> oh hell let&#39;s just be more random and ask why ino doesn&#39;t just take over sasuke&#39;s body and have sex with herself. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Ummmm whom would be molesting whom in that case?

???? http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/blink.gif

Chi Chi
Sun, 12-07-2003, 10:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheAwesomeChow @ Dec 7 2003, 07:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> oh hell let&#39;s just be more random and ask why ino doesn&#39;t just take over sasuke&#39;s body and have sex with herself. </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
Her body wouldn&#39;t be able to move.

Stoopider
Sun, 12-07-2003, 01:17 PM
How did from Rock Lee taking Chouji&#39;s pills get to Neji and Gaara?? LoL

Hotsuma
Mon, 12-08-2003, 04:35 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Insomniac @ Dec 7 2003, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> i dont think Ino would enjoy having sex with herself even if it was Sasuke&#39;s body probably because of the fact that Ino&#39;s body would be unconcious, but you never know, she might </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I bet Sakura would, though.

.akai
Mon, 12-08-2003, 04:57 AM
lolz http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_w00t1.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/mf_laughbounce2.gif

DeadalouS
Mon, 12-08-2003, 07:33 AM
hmm as many have already pointed out i will try to clarify it the way i saw it:

The pills, burns all the energi in your body into chakra which u can use to speed yourself up, improve your muscle strenght and perform jutsu´s, but with a very fast use of the energi thus fatal if used for to long.

The gates, in contrast to the pills let you use your body and you muscless to a complete 100% with no limits, therefore increasing speed, stamina and power for as long as u can sustain the muscle stress.

This means that the 2 are the direct opposit, chakra can be used to power up your muscles... but your muscles cant be used to power up your chakra and since Lee has little to no chakra control he wouldnt gain anything from eating pills since they require some sort of chakra control, opening the gates require hard muscle training before your muscles can withstand the pressure applied to them.

Therefore:
Gates -&gt; Muscle strenght and speed through exhaustion
Pills -&gt; Chakra through body energi

So the pills are a bit better since u can use them to do jutsu´s with but they require chakra control, therefore anyone should be able to use the gates but it require way to much training for 99% of all people to use them.

Also i believe that soldier pills are just a little worse form of the super pills chouji takes they just burn less calories and therefore u cant really see their drawback but youll fight harder but for a shorter time.

Conclusion:
Both powers are equal and lets you speed up, the gates can be used by anyone but require training in opening them and muscular movement, the pills is only for people with chakra control and enough calories to burn off.

Nuff said DeadalouS off http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Mut
Mon, 12-08-2003, 10:01 AM
oh shit&#33; what if kyubi took the pills&#33;&#33;&#33; oh wtf is goin on&#33;&#33;&#33; why are you people makin up impossible/ridiculous theories&#33;&#33;&#33;

kage_kun
Mon, 12-08-2003, 11:57 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sangai sakusei @ Dec 5 2003, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> hiten shikamaru knows about the pills cause hes only been around chouji since he was like 4 and there dads are best friends i think shikamaru and chouji are gonna talk to each other

sure everyone at the acadamy is trained about pills but im sure that the akamachi clan is the ones who made the tri colored pills

i really dont think anyone but chouji and shikamaru know what the pills are and do kiba prolly has an idea </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
well...if i remember correctly, that guy that choji was fighting noticed what they were when he first pulled them out. correct me if i&#39;m wrong, and sorry if this was already brought up.

Blight
Tue, 12-09-2003, 02:52 AM
well it seems people have heard rumers of what the pills are but the amatachi clan seems to be the only people who know how to make the pills

during the fight with the 3 sennin kubuto used a soldier pill he said something about because of his past in medicen so it seems solder pills are made by medical ninja&#39;s

samsonlonghair
Tue, 12-09-2003, 04:01 AM
</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dazzz @ Dec 8 2003, 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> oh shit&#33; what if kyubi took the pills&#33;&#33;&#33; oh wtf is goin on&#33;&#33;&#33; why are you people makin up impossible/ridiculous theories&#33;&#33;&#33; </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'>
I&#39;m pretty sure that whole point of anime message boards is to make up impossible/rediculous theories.

Anyways I think the point of this topic was the the pills are a cheap cop out. I&#39;d dsagree with that as obviously, there are reprocussions.

Stoopider
Tue, 12-09-2003, 07:44 AM
I always thought the pills changes his fat&#39;s in his body to energy. Thus, having all his fatty acids changing into energy, his body was unable to absorb vitamin C, which killed Chouji&#33;&#33;

And about Ino... why I&#39;m sure Naruto can do better with Kage Bunshin No Jutsu and Sexy No Jutsu&#33;