PDA

View Full Version : Loading fonts

BadGuy
Thu, 12-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Using textsub that is http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

alright this is the question/problem:

I tried loading some fonts I have (custom ones) but they didn't seem to load I tried adjusting the styles and also tried {\fn<font name>} also some 'standard' windows fonts didn't seem to load properly neither. So anyone with an idea why this would be and how to fix it.

I'm thinking ssa can only load like Free Type fonts or something? Any info on that? Ohwell impatiently awaiting your reply's http://www.gotwoot.net/forum/html/emoticons/wink.gif

complich8
Thu, 12-04-2003, 01:06 PM
I'm not a typesetter, so I can't be treated as an authority on this, but from what I've seen ......

I think the most effective way is to define styles, and apply those styles to the ep.

I'm gonna use a small snippet of an ssa from pmk for this one, 'cause I might as well.

[V4 Styles]
Format: Name, Fontname, Fontsize, PrimaryColour, SecondaryColour, TertiaryColour, BackColour, Bold, Italic, BorderStyle, Outline, Shadow, Alignment, MarginL, MarginR, MarginV, AlphaLevel, Encoding
Style: PM - Inter2,Berling Antiqua,20,&H443a27,&H00ffff,&Hffffff,&Hffffff,-1,0,1,0,0,3,10,10,10,0,1

that's a style definition (additional styles would be a single line saying "Style: ...". As you can see, you tell it to define the format, then you give it parameters in that format, making the whole thing fairly flexible.

Dialogue: Marked=0,0:10:25.16,0:10:25.20,PM - Inter,,0000,0000,0000,,AnimeONE

This is a normal ssa line that implements that style (with some other nifty effects cleared out for clarity's sake)..

don't try to load your fonts for every line, just set up a template, then all you'll have to do is paste the style name into the right place in your timed script. Pretty straightforward!
If you've got to load another font, just make another style for it instead.

Hope this works for ya!

BadGuy
Fri, 12-05-2003, 03:16 AM
yeah but the whole problem is that it doesn't load all fonts or even ... most fonts. In styles, maybe I wasn't clear there that I did try styles and use {\fn<fontname>} as a work-around. but that didn't work neither. So I figured it had something to do with the font types....

So using styles doesn't help here...