PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Autumn 2013

shinta|hikari
Mon, 09-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Here is the chart (http://anichart.net/fall).

Not that many stuff I can look forward to.

Will likely watch the following (Looking forward to the underlined ones):

White Album 2 - Read the VN, one of the best I have ever played. However, I really doubt 13 episodes can do it justice, so I may drop this if it looks like a rushed and compacted adaptation.
Coppelion - Description says Seinen action, so why not?
Kyoukai no Kanata - KyoAni trying out non-moe, non-slice of life stuff? I'm in.
Nagi no Asu Kara - I have a dark horse feeling about this one. Reminds me of AnoHana.
Golden Time - Read the first two light novels, typical drama with some mystery.
Little Busters Refrain - The best part of the game.
Magi 2 - I read the manga, and this has potential.
Yozakura 2 - I read the manga, and maybe this will be less tedious to go through.
Arpeggio of Blue Steel - I read the manga, definitely a great story with a great setting. I hope they properly adapt this.
Unbreakable Machine Doll - I read the manga, and while this is the typical LN shounen story, there might be great fight scenes worth watching.
Valrave 2 - Just cause I watched the first part.
Blaz Blue - Played the game a bit. I am a bit interested in how they will do the action.

A lot of the stuff this season are adaptations of stories I have already read. This has been growing in number recently because I read much more LNs and VNs than a few years back. This has caused me to lose interest in a lot of the ongoing stuff. I still watch them, but I don't look forward to them. Knowing the content tends to take away a lot of the enjoyment.

It is going to be hard to beat Summer 2013 because so many surprise hits showed up.

Madoka 3 and Kara no Kyoukai movie sequels are coming out, but it will probably take a few more seasons before the Blu Rays are released.

lelouch
Tue, 09-17-2013, 12:23 AM
What happened to Btooom? Are they going to make a second season?

MFauli
Tue, 09-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Alright, stuff im kinda interested in:

- Kyousougiga (looks like theres a small chance this might be cool)
- Kill La Kill (heard its the Gurren Lagann-makers´ new project)
- Infinite Stratos S2 (yes, just so i can complain about it week after week lol)
- Hajime no Ippo (finally! loved the first season)
- White Album 2 (is this a direct continuation of seaon 1? if so, damn, i forgot everything about it)
- Ace of Diamond (FINALLY an anime with a male lead. wow. and i like sports anime)
- Non Non Biyori (might be nice, if its true slice of life and not some formulaic crap)
- Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road (this and Pupa are likely to be dropped very quickly by me if they´re not really great)
- Pupa

so, yeah, quite a lot of "interesting" stuff. But it remains to be seen how many true standouts there are. Infinitely better then the current season, though.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-17-2013, 03:18 AM
Fuck yes Hajime No Ippo!

Lupin III OVA gets a fuck yes as well.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-17-2013, 03:35 AM
What is this White Album 2? White Album (1, I'm assuming) was adapted as a 2x13ep series, and it dragged to the point where I didn't start watching the second half. Is #2 a standalone or does it rely on the previous story?

A lot of anime tickled my fancy from that brief intro.. I might come down with a list when I wrap my head around it.

vejita613
Tue, 09-17-2013, 03:35 AM
-Kill La Kill
-IS: Infinite Stratos 2
-Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic 2
-Unbreakable Machine-Doll
-Gundam Build Fighters

Seems I'm watching alot more than I thought I would. Most of them are sequels anyways.

edit: - Valvrave 2

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-17-2013, 03:37 AM
-Kill La Kill
-IS: Infinite Stratos 2
-Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic 2
-Unbreakable Machine-Doll
-Gundam Build Fighters

Seems I'm watching alot more than I thought I would. Most of them are sequels anyways.

You'd better be watching Valvrave 2 with me. |:<

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-17-2013, 03:46 AM
White Album 2 is a completely different story.

MasterOfMoogles
Tue, 09-17-2013, 03:55 AM
I feel like this season has a bunch of stuff I'm interested in. My friend and I tend to at least try to watch all of the shows that don't sound immediately terrible, but we'll cut stuff that isn't entertaining.

Things I plan to watch that I expect to be good:
Coppelion - I've seen people saying good stuff about the manga
Kyoukai no Kanata - KyoAni, they at least haven't had a *bad* show yet
Kill La Kill - people that worked on Gurren Lagann? Yes please
Ippo - Ippo!
Kuroko no Basuke - I was really impressed with season 1's games. Kuroko isn't the typical MC either
Valvrave - You don't know how to have fun if you don't enjoy this show
Arpeggio of Blue Steel - I've heard good things and it sounds interesting

Expecting Mediocre:
Golden Time - JC Staff + generic sounding premise? I saw the LN is translated so maybe it is okay?
Magi - Season 1 was kind of meh, hoping for more Morg
Yokazura Quartet - Watched the first iteration of this, hoping this will be better since the original wasn't great
Unbreakable Machine Doll - Another LN adaptation? Can't be worse than Dansai Bunri or Cube3 or whatever, right?

Expecting Bad and watch anyways:
Outbreak Company - seems like it might just be pretty bad harem. certainly has to prove itself to not get cut
IS - First season was amusing enough, but it really wasn't that good. Maybe 2 can do better?
Yuusha ni Narenakatta - Haven't we had enough heroes? This one doesn't sound as good as either of the recent Maou shows
Walkure Romanze - extremely low expectations here, expecting to cut after 1 or 2 episodes
Phi Brain - Fukuyama Jun? Kamiya Hiroshi in season 2? Ridiculous puzzles that don't make any sense? I enjoy laughing at how dumb this show is and it happens to have a few VAs I like.
BlazBlue - I like the game, not expecting much from the anime though. If it has Tao-Tao, I'll be happy (and of course Tomokazu Sugita is Rawrgna)
Non non Biyori - hopefully not as boring as the recent "girls doing stuff" shows. Probably just as boring though.
Noucome - sounds bad, but i'll give it 1 or 2 eps.

Unknowns that I will watch:
Nagi no Asakura - PA Works can draw but the plots are usually nothing outstanding. Maybe they can hit something here?
Log Horizon - Can it take a different spin that SAO? No idea.
Gingitsune - No idea if this will be good. Apparently this was highly ranked on a Japanese poll.
Tokyo Ravens - might be good? might be boring omyou/youkai? we'll see
Galilei Donna - hadn't heard of this before the chart. The premise sounds interesting
Pupa - I read a couple chapters of the manga. My first thoughts were "Can they really animate this?" I saw some blog say not to expect much though.

If I can stomach more sports shows, the manga for these are supposed to be popular?
Diamond Ace
Yowamushi Pedal

Overall, looks like an interesting season.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 09-17-2013, 04:13 AM
I used to be like you and watched anything, even bad shows, but since I have started reading untranslated VNs, I simply don't have the time anymore. I will of course watch the first episode at least of all shows coming out, barring openly yaoi and kiddy stuff, hoping for a hit.

White Album 2, if done well, can possibly be one of the best drama romance anime to be made. The problem is, its structure makes it impossible to adapt in a straight story format. One of the best aspects of the game is the paths of the other heroines, so if they scrap that, that is already a big loss. Even if they do just stick to the main storyline between the 3 main characters, the story is still too long for 13 episodes. The story has 3 parts, high school, college, and work. Each one can last a cour.

David75
Tue, 09-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Freezing 2, nuff said... not :D

Well, at least that season will be much better than what we had thanks to second sequels... even if some of them are not that good, that might be better...

That should keep me entertained enought till Ataraxia translation is completed.

vejita613
Tue, 09-17-2013, 01:32 PM
You'd better be watching Valvrave 2 with me. |:<

Hmm I thought I listed that. My bad, post has been edited.

KrayZ33
Wed, 09-18-2013, 02:44 PM
hmmm, where's my Girls+Panzer OVA

Belial
Sat, 09-21-2013, 12:39 PM
A lot of stuff has potential this season witch is a pleasant surprise, and will check out the first episode of:

COPPELION
Kyoukai no Kanata
pupa
Kill la Kill
Strike the Blood
Unbreakable Machine-doll
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio ~Ars Nova~
Tokyo Ravens
BLAZBLUE ALTER MEMORY
Galilei Donna
Samurai Flamenco

and of course IPPO!!! can't wait for it the only show i know i will watch from beginning to end

MFauli
Mon, 12-16-2013, 11:03 AM
no idea if im just being impatient or not, but do we know whats coming for the spring season?