PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 640

Marik
Tue, 07-23-2013, 09:53 PM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/640)

Assertn
Tue, 07-23-2013, 11:13 PM
So he was already unkillable and now he's even more unkillable. Well at least they're not wasting too much time on the transformations.

FelixZeroAlastor
Wed, 07-24-2013, 12:20 AM
I'm waiting for someone to Edo Rin back to life.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 07-24-2013, 12:28 AM
I thought the transformation was done well at least. Using the photograph tearing of his team as a metaphor for losing himself to the overwhelming power of absorbing the Juubi. And Rin being the constant motivating factor throughout Obito's entire arc as a character even to the point where she was the last shred of the photograph/himself that kept him alive.

The action was actually not hard to follow so that's always nice. Having the climax of a series be nothing but indistinguishable movements and blank panels should be punishable by death.

We got another strange Sasuke panel again this chapter with the "thought he needed chakra attached to the person to use that jutsu" moment. Still wondering if that's leading somewhere, I assume it must have something to do with Sasuke's inevitable turn against Naruto and the gang again. His reasoning for helping them fight Obito will probably just be that he knew he had to help them or they'd all die, plus he wanted to kill them himself.

viperwasp
Wed, 07-24-2013, 01:24 AM
I liked this chapter. Not to much to say. I don't think Sasukes only motivation for helping is because he wants to kill everyone himself. He did say he wanted to protect the leaf. And I am sure he knows he can't win on his own. Well he does have the resurrected kage! But this fight seems to be on a much greater level than anything we have seen before. And is the Sage of the Six paths reborn now? Well by the looks of it it's not the same sage of course. But where getting closer and closer to seeing the Sage of the Six paths or at least the power.

I think the only good thing going on right now is that Madara is not helping Obito out. If he was I think it would be over for the good guys. lol

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 07-24-2013, 01:34 AM
He also doesn't have the Kyuubi or the Eight tails so he's definitely not a complete Sage of Six Paths or whatever.

Edort4
Wed, 07-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Well all the transformations and juubi absortion bs took way less than I expected. Thats the best I can get from this last chapters. Anyway the powerups are getting ridicule. 5 kages, edo tensei kages, naruto and sasuke and they still cant get close to him.

We got another strange Sasuke panel again this chapter with the "thought he needed chakra attached to the person to use that jutsu" moment. Still wondering if that's leading somewhere, I assume it must have something to do with Sasuke's inevitable turn against Naruto and the gang again. His reasoning for helping them fight Obito will probably just be that he knew he had to help them or they'd all die, plus he wanted to kill them himself.

I think that it was only to show that Naruto is clever when fighting. Minato needs to have marks (his chakra) or to touch the targets to use his teleport so naruto used his kyubi shroud to touch his father and Sasuke so he could TP them. I dont read anything else into it.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 07-24-2013, 08:36 AM
I thought the transformation was done well at least. Using the photograph tearing of his team as a metaphor for losing himself to the overwhelming power of absorbing the Juubi. And Rin being the constant motivating factor throughout Obito's entire arc as a character even to the point where she was the last shred of the photograph/himself that kept him alive.

I agree, that was well done.

Also does anyone remember a game done by 3D Realms called Shadow Warrior? Same team that did Duke Nukem 3D? I couldnt help but think of the guys voice saying "HAHA Sticky Bomb Like You" when Minato was stuck with whatever Obito used on him.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 07-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Following options to escape from this

1. Minato does Thunder Flash
2. Sasuke uses Susanoo
3. Naruto gets ethereal Kyuubi form.
4. Kakashi pops back out and zaps the bomb away.

MFauli
Wed, 07-24-2013, 02:46 PM
1. Itīs incredible how unimaginative Kishimoto is with ending this manga. Itīs like im reading some 90s JRPG.

2. Think about that: Without ANY transformations, Sasuke is fighting in par with Naruto, who is using his most powerful transformation. Imagine Sasuke using Sage-mode or turning into a Jinchuuriki. Ridiculous how OP Kishimoto made him.

toonice714
Wed, 07-24-2013, 03:39 PM

2. Sasuke uses Susanoo
I'm going with option 4 since kakashi has been off screen for a min. I think it would be the most plausible

DB_Hunter
Wed, 07-24-2013, 05:40 PM
I would agree, as we have seen each of the other three against Obito now (even if Naruto just used the kyuubi chakra).

Speaking of which, where the hell is Bee? If Sasuke can fight here surely he should be able to take part.

viperwasp
Wed, 07-24-2013, 05:47 PM

2. Sasuke uses Susanoo

Yes it's a good chance it will be one of those. But here is my opinions.

1. Thunder Flash is being used a lot already... So I say it's less likely.
2. They made a point to show that Susanoo can't defend against Obitos attacks.
3. Ethereal Kyuubi form? Well he might get his own Sage of Six Paths mode. lol
4. Yeah I too see Kakashi getting involved. Obito is back to his normal self or close to it. Meaning he can have dioluge with Kakashi again. And Sasuke has yet to speak to Kakashi in a long time as well.

Is it to soon for the other kages to show up??? The living ones? I'm thinking perhaps a ton of sand comes and shields them or pushes them aside. No I think that will come in a couple chapters from now.

toonice714
Wed, 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM
This battle is gonna need some INTENSE firepower and binding techs to put obito down. But I don't even know why he's even flexin at this point. Embarrassing naruto and co. is pretty self serving. He was once just some kid with a dream and a crush, then grew to rival his teacher in such a short gap in time while simultaneously sparking the incident which STARTED the manga. Not to mention he also aided in the decimation of the second largest incident in the manga. Now he's a powerhouse ninja force on his own...cast the damn jutsu that ends the manga and change the story name to Obito. It would be an apt progression at this point :-/. Like wtf can anybody do wit him

viperwasp
Thu, 07-25-2013, 01:56 AM
This battle is gonna need some INTENSE firepower and binding techs to put obito down. But I don't even know why he's even flexin at this point. Embarrassing naruto and co. is pretty self serving. He was once just some kid with a dream and a crush, then grew to rival his teacher in such a short gap in time while simultaneously sparking the incident which STARTED the manga. Not to mention he also aided in the decimation of the second largest incident in the manga. Now he's a powerhouse ninja force on his own...cast the damn jutsu that ends the manga and change the story name to Obito. It would be an apt progression at this point :-/. Like wtf can anybody do wit him

Well said... For a long time I thought this series needed to be called Sasuke. But yeah Obito is kind of pimp! lol I don't hate Obito though... at least not like how I hate Sasuke. Don't get me wrong Obito is an uchiha and for that I guess I do hate him. But Sasuke is Sasuke! But your totally right why not just cast the #$@!ing moon eye plan jutsu and get this over with. I wonder if even having a tailed beast inside you can widthstand the perfect genjutsu! Probably not! But I do imagine the jutsu will be cast and the good guys will still win.

Also Kishimoto said in an interview yesterday that Naruto the series has officially reached it's half way point. After this arc it's finally Narutos Chunin and Jonin Exam. And something about oro's father finally making an appearance as the new villain after he is set free from his bindings in the moon. When Naruto and gang destroy the moon to cancel Obitos jutsu they also release oro's father.

poopdeville
Fri, 07-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Also Kishimoto said in an interview yesterday that Naruto the series has officially reached it's half way point. After this arc it's finally Narutos Chunin and Jonin Exam. And something about oro's father finally making an appearance as the new villain after he is set free from his bindings in the moon. When Naruto and gang destroy the moon to cancel Obitos jutsu they also release oro's father.

This is the Real WTF.

viperwasp
Fri, 07-26-2013, 11:56 PM
This is the Real WTF.

Come on now you don't believe me? lol Yeah I was waiting for someone to respond to my nonsensical nonsense.

MFauli
Sat, 07-27-2013, 11:02 AM
lol, for a second i did believe. "has reached halfway point" had me almost vomitting.