PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 715

Marik
Wed, 07-17-2013, 02:22 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/715)

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 07-17-2013, 08:25 AM
His body broke an axe coated in Armament Haki?

Assertn
Wed, 07-17-2013, 11:51 AM
His body broke an axe coated in Armament Haki?

And then he took the short guy's hat and gloves and kicked ass? Or was that the short guy that suddenly became large?

Archangel
Wed, 07-17-2013, 02:19 PM
This is dumb, we all know Luffy is going to win at least the qualifiers. For someone who likes to plan ahead, coming up with all these renown enemies out of the blue feels like very sloppy work by Oda.

Kensee
Wed, 07-17-2013, 05:48 PM
This is dumb, we all know Luffy is going to win at least the qualifiers. For someone who likes to plan ahead, coming up with all these renown enemies out of the blue feels like very sloppy work by Oda.

Unless Oda is planning to use some of these characters in future arcs which, historically, isn't too far fetched of an idea.

But yes, Luffy will eat all these guys in next few chapters.

toonice714
Wed, 07-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Maybe they will reappear later in the story with more relevance. Look at Bellamy and norland, even they resurfaced in the story to give their character more purpose or screen time. Bon clay and a bunch of other minor characters have had pretty huge roles. Maybe this is just a short intro for guys he plans to use later w/out having to display random abilities later.

I think this tourney arc is about to get wild. Half of the contestants are widely sought after criminals and warriors from countries the WG wants to put down. It would be insane if Green bull and fujitora make the largest bounty round up in marine history. That would make for an amazing milestone event in the OP world. It would give the marines back the bite they had before the WB war

Assertn
Wed, 07-17-2013, 11:52 PM

You mean like the supernovas?

Carnage
Thu, 07-18-2013, 06:01 PM
I dont think this is anything like the supernovas, I would be shocked if we more than one of these tourney characters remain relevant beyond this arc. Oda has introduced well over a dozen, maybe two or three.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 07-19-2013, 02:43 AM
There was a bunch of complaints during the Fishmen parts that Luffy shouldn't be fighting a bunch of nobodies.

Oda is now introducing a bunch of important sounding people to be fodders, it's mostly to give an idea of how Luffy and Co compares to the rest of the world.

Assertn
Fri, 07-19-2013, 01:58 PM
There was a bunch of complaints during the Fishmen parts that Luffy shouldn't be fighting a bunch of nobodies.

Oda is now introducing a bunch of important sounding people to be fodders, it's mostly to give an idea of how Luffy and Co compares to the rest of the world.

Really, there's no better way of doing this. How else do you narrate scenes of Luffy rofl-stomping high level opponents without spending chapters upon chapters on dead-end exposition?

Dark Dragon
Fri, 07-19-2013, 05:58 PM
I never said it was good, just that it was a bit closer to what people were asking for.

Carnage
Fri, 07-19-2013, 10:36 PM
I dont see why he needed to stomp on several high-level opponents. One or two would have sent the message. I would rather have had an actual tournament arc, personally.

Dark Dragon
Sat, 07-20-2013, 04:37 AM
I agree.

It feels like One Piece is getting dragged out the last few arcs. There's a lot of interesting stuff going on, but all that is happening in between a bunch of pointless exposition that it's.

1. Hard to keep track of everything that is going on.
2. Making the story feels really slow, even though there's a bunch of actual stuff happening.

UChessmaster
Sat, 07-20-2013, 08:37 AM
One Piece have always been slow paced and the manga has always been confusing (anyone remembers cp9?).

Carnage
Sat, 07-20-2013, 08:41 AM
Not at all, everything up until the previous arc was manageable. CP9 focused around 4-5 main villains for most of the arc.

UChessmaster
Sat, 07-20-2013, 10:24 AM
4-5 main villians? It had a whole introduction arc in water 7 (38 anime chapters), robin`s background story in the middle of the arc , they fought a lot just to get into the bridge(18 anime chapters, excluding fillers) and THEN the fight with the main villians start (26 chapters). I thought the manga was pretty chaotic in these parts, especially the getting to the bridge part.

Maybe i`m wrong thogh, it`s all a matter of perception. To ME One piece is often chaotic and always feels slow as hell.

Archangel
Sat, 07-20-2013, 11:05 AM
You mean like the supernovas?
The supernovas were rookies ( as in, new to the scene ) who were introduced and characterized to be used further in the future, as we can see now.

These are all "long time veterans" we're hearing about just now so they can be thrown around for this particular tournament.

Assertn
Sat, 07-20-2013, 09:52 PM
I dunno, i'm enjoying the chapters. To each his own I suppose.

Archangel
Sat, 07-20-2013, 09:57 PM
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4104/5166465451_ded900eaf8_z.jpg

K .

Carnage
Sat, 07-20-2013, 11:36 PM
I dunno, i'm enjoying the chapters. To each his own I suppose.

Fair enough. For me this would have been more interesting earlier in the series but personally I've been reading this story for over 11 years now and I've run out of the patience/curiosity for these sorts of gimmicks.