PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 639

Marik
Wed, 07-17-2013, 12:45 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/639)

viperwasp
Wed, 07-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Okay that was cool! I loved this chapter but I will admit I had no idea what was happening though most of it. At times I was not even sure who was using certain jutsu. But I will re-read it more so when the better translation comes out. I understood mainly what was going on but there was a lot happening.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 07-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Did he just go through Sussano?

Assertn
Wed, 07-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Prof. Chaos, you crack me up. You should start a trend of fast-replying to release threads with nothing but a single question confirming something explicitly shown in each chapter.

rockmanj
Wed, 07-17-2013, 12:42 PM
That was kind of tricky to keep up with. Naruto and his dad look almost too similar.

viperwasp
Wed, 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Prof. Chaos, you crack me up. You should start a trend of fast-replying to release threads with nothing but a single question confirming something explicitly shown in each chapter.

No that is a valid question I was not even 100% sure if he did or not. Now I know. That was hard to follow. And no it was not mainly the translations fault it was mainly action. But I usually get so excited plus I am in a hurry so I don't take the time to fully realize what is going on.

And plus you almost always have to re-read chapters the next day when the better translation comes out anyhow. But this chapter was harder to follow than most other action chapters.

Also
That jutsu or element release that Obito was using was messed up? What color was it even supposed to be black? I did not fully understand how it was forming or moving around. It looked like it had the consistency of the stuff they put in lava lamps with how it moves around.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 07-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Isn't this the first time the relationship between Naruto and Minato has been explicitly stated before Sasuke? He didn't seem to flinch at Naruto calling Minato 'Dad'.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 07-18-2013, 08:19 PM

Well I like to put in my 2 cents before everyone else chimes in right after a release, but sometimes I'm pressed for time. Plus MangaPanda's translation is quick and dirty compared to MangaStream.

viperwasp
Sat, 07-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Isn't this the first time the relationship between Naruto and Minato has been explicitly stated before Sasuke? He didn't seem to flinch at Naruto calling Minato 'Dad'.

Either oro must have told him? Or he found out some other way? Or... maybe he did over hear it off screen but that's lazy and stupid. I'm going to assume that it's just an overlooked aspect on Kishimotos part. Disappointing though... but than again it's not really time for them to sit and talk or think about it. But you would expect some form of reaction from Sasuke.

MFauli
Sat, 07-20-2013, 05:38 PM

considering how kishimoto abandoned 2 years of prepping sasuke as the antagonist and now have him be best buddy with naruto again, i dont see how anyone can complain about kishimoto forgetting about the "secret" status of naruto´s and minato´s relationship ...

viperwasp
Sat, 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM
considering how kishimoto abandoned 2 years of prepping sasuke as the antagonist and now have him be best buddy with naruto again, i dont see how anyone can complain about kishimoto forgetting about the "secret" status of naruto´s and minato´s relationship ...

2 YEARS! Where have you been? lol Even in the series timeline it's been more than 3 years right? In real life it's been what 5-6+ years at least? I say Sasuke has been prepared for this basically since his big fight with Naruto before the time gap.

In the very least it's been since Itachi's death when Sasuke first decided he would crush Konoha! That has to be like 4 years ago at least. Or something like that.

BUT!
I am praying that Sasuke is not really buddies again. First of all the EVERYTHING BURNS! comment from Sasuke was a little unnerving to say the least. That's about the last thing you want an ally to say! When your preparing to go out onto the battle field... Or in the middle of battle in this case. I would probably consider stabbing him in the back if I was his ally. In order to save myself. So I am hoping that Sasuke is just as messed up as he usually is and goes back to being bat shit crazy and making enemies with everyone. Very possible even more so if he really tries to kill the tailed beasts or force himself to become Hokage. And than sai's statement kind of foreshadowed Sasukes more sinister intentions. At least that's what I am praying how this series will go.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 07-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Yeah I'm predicting Sasuke to start to think the existence of Ninja needs to be ended and "everything burns" will include all the Ninja.

At least I'm hoping something like that happens so it's not just Sasuke is one of the pals again. Hopefully him and Oro team up again and continue their batshit crazy affair.