PDA

View Full Version : TV: Hannibal

Munsu
Tue, 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDprc6N8rmQ

Just finished watching the first season of Hannibal a few days ago, and really enjoyed it. Anyone else here watched it or is watching it? It was incredibly gruesome, particularly for a show on NBC. I thought the overall cases were a bit weak, and honestly, the FBI in this show are just dumb, but everything else was pretty good. The atmosphere is awesome, and I loved this version of Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Anyone hungry?

One of the most fascinating literary characters comes to life on television for the first time: psychiatrist-turned-serial-killer, Dr. Hannibal Lecter. In this new drama from Bryan Fuller ("Pushing Daisies," "Heroes"), based on the characters from Thomas Harris' classic novels, we see where this incredible story began.

Will Graham (Hugh Dancy, "The Big C") is a gifted criminal profiler who is on the hunt for a serial killer with the FBI. Graham's unique way of thinking gives him the astonishing ability to empathize with anyone - even psychopaths. He seems to know what makes them tick. But when the mind of the twisted killer he's pursuing is too complicated for even Will to comprehend, he enlists the help of Dr. Lecter, one of the premier psychiatric minds in the country. Armed with the uncanny expertise of the brilliant doctor, Will and Hannibal (known as a serial killer only to the audience) form a brilliant partnership and it seems there's no villain they can't catch. If Will only knew...

Fuller is a writer and an executive producer. Martha De Laurentiis ("Red Dragon," "Hannibal"), Sara Colleton ("Dexter"), Jesse Alexander ("Lost," "Heroes") and Katie O'Connell also serve as executive producers. David Slade is the director/executive producer for the series pilot. "Hannibal" is produced by Gaumont International Television.

http://www.nbc.com/hannibal/

lilphatboi88
Wed, 06-26-2013, 03:39 AM
Yeah it's good. One of the best series so far.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 06-26-2013, 09:59 PM
I was eating Pringles while watching this, and when it got to the part where Hannibal was butchering, cooking, and feeding people to his guests, I put the lid back on the can of Pringles...

Then I went downstairs, took out slices of ox tongue, pig intestine, and beef tenderloin from the fridge, and started eating that instead.

Hannibal's recipes are mouthwatering.

Sapphire
Wed, 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I didn't even know this show was on. Mm, that one guy looks like Cillian Murphy.

Munsu
Wed, 06-26-2013, 10:44 PM
I didn't even know this show was on. Mm, that one guy looks like Cillian Murphy.

First season ended last week. It got renewed for a second season.

lilphatboi88
Thu, 06-27-2013, 09:48 AM
I got mixed feelings over its renewal. I hope they don't drag this out...

shinta|hikari
Thu, 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Just finished this, and the FBI really was dumb. Even Will was dumb. He should have figured it out the moment the body parts in the lures were mentioned.