PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Summer 2013

Ryllharu
Sun, 06-23-2013, 01:34 PM
RandomC's Preview (http://randomc.net/2013/06/20/summer-2013-preview/) is out.

Chart (https://i7.minus.com/iNB2TEjWLguo7.jpg) for those who like it.

Season starts on July 1st.

Really looking foward to:
Prisma Illya, Uchouten Kazoku, Rozen Maiden, Tamayura ~More Aggressive~

Moderately interested in:
Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-Bu, Servant x Service, Gin no Saji

Will watch anyway, even though it kinda sucks:
Symphogear G

If I ever get around to watching Nisemonogatari:
Monogatari Series: Second Season, Neptunia

Four guaranteed watches, and a few other series worth trying. Not too bad for a summer season, which are typically shorthanded on new series.

Won't touch:
Kimi no Iru Machi

Kraco
Sun, 06-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Looking forward to with previous knowledge: Prisma Illya, Gin no Saji, Monogatari s2, Tamayura s2.

Will check out with previous knowledge: Rozen Maiden, High School DxD s2

New titles interested in checking out: Uchouten Kazoku, Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Servant x Service

Probably will check out: Ro-Kyu-Bu! s2, Blood Lad

Absolutely will not watch: Free!

There might be some others worth checking out when the time comes, as usual.

vejita613
Sun, 06-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Will watch: High School DXD, Monogatari Series: Second Season, Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami Hen, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!, Kimi no Iru Machi.

Interested in: Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou.

Does anyone know if the Rozen Maiden series is a reboot or a continuation? I've been interested in it for some time, but never got around to watch it.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM
I will probably watch most full length series as usual, but I will be avoiding the heavy shoujo ones. I used to be able to stomach those, but not anymore.

The ones I will prioritize over VNs are:
Rozen Maiden
Ro-Kyu-Bu!
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Monogatari 2nd

The presence of loli(-looking) characters are purely coincidental.

Kimi no iru machi is something I will avoid at all costs.

Belial
Mon, 06-24-2013, 02:49 AM
Oh wow... nothing sands out, well except GitS Arise

Xelbair
Mon, 06-24-2013, 03:59 AM
Will watch:
Kingdom S2
Danganronpa
Prisma illya
CG OVA
GitS ARISE
KnK: Fukan Fuukei 3D
Monogatari
Space Battleship Yamato movie
Madoka Movies
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? OVA
Star Driver THE MOVIE
Toaru Majutsu no Index: Endymon no Kiseki
Suisei no Gargantia OVA

Might watch:
Inu to Hasami(depends on the quality of humour)
Kamisama no inai
Rozen Maiden(haven't seen the original run)
Gifuu Doudou!! Kanetsugu to Keiji
Servant X Service
Uchouten Kazoku

will at least chcek out:
Gatchaman crowds(need more info),
Blood Lad(if it is not generic fujoshi crap)
Neptunia(will probably drop and get cancer after one ep but still)
Tokurei Sochi datai stella jo-gakuin koutou-ka c3-bu
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou(but i might get cancer after 1st ep)
Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist

Things i won't touch, never ever:
Free

MFauli
Mon, 06-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Guess after this awesome current season, a shit season was to be expected.

Wow, not a single anime Iīm looking forward to.

Alhuin
Wed, 06-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Guess after this awesome current season, a shit season was to be expected.

Wow, not a single anime Iīm looking forward to.

I feel like this is beating a dead horse, but you seriously need to broaden your horizons... >_>

I don't really keep up with ongoing anime anymore; between two jobs and what little social life I have afterwards, it's hard to devote consistent time. However, there are plenty of shows I'm interested in watching when they're released on Bluray in about a year!

Will definitely watch: Monogatari Series Second Season, Fate/Prisma Illya, Rozen Maiden, Ah! My Goddess OAD, Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei 3D

Will watch first volume: Blood Lad, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou

There are several second seasons/continuations I'm interested in as well, but I need to get caught up first. Also, if the Mirai Nikki OAD is new material (specifically material that explains why Yuki's diary changed at the end of the season), then I'll definitely watch it.

Oh, and anime which should never see the light of day: Free!

MFauli
Fri, 07-05-2013, 05:03 PM
It doesnīt deserve its own thread, so here: Danganronpa feels cheap in just about every category, be it story, characters or artstyle. The character designs look so ridiculously bad. The bearīs design looks like a rip-off, though I canīt remember what other anime or game itīs ripping off, lol.
The plot is copying other "trapped in a closed environment and playing a game of death"-productions so blatantly, but without any special flavor.

EDIT:

A third season of Genshiken?! Why did nobody tell me:>

animus
Mon, 07-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Man, what the fuck. I'm looking through randomc.net for screencaps/opinions on what might seem interesting and looking through the entries like freaking 8 out of 10 of them are Slice-of-Life or all about cute girls or a group of cute girls as the protagonists.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 07-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Yeah, this season is pretty much all fluff. Some of that fluff is actually funny though, like Love Lab.

I am actually surprised at all the transforming magical girl shows this season. There are Fate Kaleid, Symphogear 2, Fantasista Doll (sorta), Ribbon chan and Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou.

So far I really like the following shows, some of which were surprisingly good:
Uchouten Kazoku
Kami-sama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Servant X Service
Monogatari S2
Fate/Kaleid (I expected this to be a serious mahou shoujo, but it is more of a parody and comedy)
Love Lab

I am also watching Rozen Maiden and Roukyuubu SS but that is mainly because of loli bias.

Edort4
Tue, 07-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Not enough 10 years old girls shows I guess. Most of japanesse animes suck, they are in clear decadence. My only hopes stand with Korean an China mangas being animated.

Dark Dragon
Tue, 07-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Just go to manga/manhwa and light novels to see what you like. Considering that the last 2 Korean series they decided to animate turned into steaming piles of mess, it's not a great place to put your hopes.

MFauli
Thu, 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM
It really sucks that Recorder to Randerusu is only presented in those throw away 3-minute-bits. Would easily be my third favorite show (behind HXH and Shingeki), if it was proper 20 minutes episodes. I could watch that kind of humor all day long. Really good. :>

shinta|hikari
Thu, 07-11-2013, 07:29 PM
They probably don't have enough content for a season of 20 minute episodes.