PDA

View Full Version : TV: Psych

Sapphire
Sun, 06-23-2013, 02:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PmZNKwI.jpg

Psych is an American detective comedy-drama.... a young crime consultant for the Santa Barbara Police Department whose "heightened observational skills"[1] and impressive detective instincts allow him to convince people that he solves cases with psychic abilities

I can't believe I missed this gem for 7 seasons (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491738/), it's ridiculously hilarious and Dulé Hill is just HILARITY incarnate. I just turned on a random episode from season 7 and couldn't help laughing my ass off while doing other things. It's amazing I could just randomly pick it up and not already have to be involved to seriously enjoy the episodes. Who else is watching?! I'm going back to watch s1 at some point.

Penner
Sun, 06-23-2013, 03:41 AM
Welcome aboard Saph!

I've been watching this since it first aired, and i'm still loving it :D

Munsu
Sun, 06-23-2013, 07:17 PM
I watch it, fun show. Not much more to it than that, but it's one I watch right away when it airs.

Animeniax
Mon, 06-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Isn't this the same premise as in The Mentalist? Though Psych was on first so it's the original.

Penner
Mon, 06-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Yeah, it's pretty much a comedy version of The Mentalist.

Abdula
Mon, 06-24-2013, 03:31 PM
The Mentalist is a much better show though. I was a fan of Psych since episode one, ah Psych and Monk. Loved the premise but I lost interest somewhere around season 4 or 5 I think. It is a good show but the humor started wearing on me. I was also a fan of Scrubs and Malcolm in the middle and at some point Psych just felt like I was watching recycled material. Plus the Mentalist was in full swing by then and Patrick is out of Shawn's league. Plus the whole Shawn and Jules thing was horrible.

Anyway Sapphire, if you like Psych's humor you should check out Scrubs and Malcolm in the middle if you somehow have never seen either show and much like Psych you don't have to start from ep 1 you can just jump in at any point.