PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 597

Marik
Sun, 05-26-2013, 01:32 AM
[CCS-Speed] One Piece 597 [720p] [4C526C63].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=437035)

DarthEnderX
Sun, 05-26-2013, 02:01 AM
That Poison Immunity really is the gift that keeps on giving.

I wonder what he did to them that wasn't poison. I thought maybe he was just turning the gas into something that wasn't breathable.

Mysterious man fucked up Law! Mysterious!

Kraco
Sun, 05-26-2013, 02:30 AM
Maybe he added CO to the air. Luffy made the critical mistake of not knocking Caesar out with excessive force. But I guess he needed to underestimate opponents for a while after his power-up, so this is going to be a good lesson. It's not like the main boss could ever be taken down so quickly, anyway. Even the miserable Hody Jones lasted for quite a while.

The mystery man might be the Joker (or something) they were referring to earlier. I think Caesar made a snail call to him as well, and heard they could eliminate everybody, including Smoker. Plus he's likely the one who suppressed the press about the kidnappings, making it all look like accidents, shipwrecks, and whatever. Caesar is a scientist, so it would make sense he's actually working for somebody. That would relieve him of much uninteresting work, such as securing finances, to allow him to spend all of his time on the research.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 05-28-2013, 01:03 AM
Maybe he added CO to the airThat'd probably do it.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Maybe he added CO to the air. Luffy made the critical mistake of not knocking Caesar out with excessive force. But I guess he needed to underestimate opponents for a while after his power-up, so this is going to be a good lesson. It's not like the main boss could ever be taken down so quickly, anyway. Even the miserable Hody Jones lasted for quite a while.

The mystery man might be the Joker (or something) they were referring to earlier. I think Caesar made a snail call to him as well, and heard they could eliminate everybody, including Smoker. Plus he's likely the one who suppressed the press about the kidnappings, making it all look like accidents, shipwrecks, and whatever. Caesar is a scientist, so it would make sense he's actually working for somebody. That would relieve him of much uninteresting work, such as securing finances, to allow him to spend all of his time on the research.

Yeah I think this Joker might be good friends with Monet or something. She obviously smiled.

Dude, you obviously read manga and you spoil every thread. Can you just stick to the manga only threads? You have a terrible habit of spoiling. Damn I can't tell you how many times I've quit GW because of you.

Kraco
Tue, 05-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Dude, you obviously read manga and you spoil every thread. Can you just stick to the manga only threads? You have a terrible habit of spoiling. Damn I can't tell you how many times I've quit GW because of you.

Who are you referring to? I have read the manga up to the Enies Lobby arc (when the anime was already getting to Shabondy). I haven't touched it since. So, if you were referring to me, I don't think I'd be in much of a position to spoil anything... I have come to realise I'm even inferior in guessing plot progress compared to some people here at Gotwoot (not necessarily limited to One Piece threads).

I have spoiled myself a couple of times when browsing image sites and reading comments there, but those minor spoilers I've kept out of my posts here. Things like Luffy meeting Law on this island.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Thanks for not raging back. That's very impressive. But how in the heck is it possible that you know so much about this Joker guy? I ended up googling him because I had no idea what you were talking about. Your speculation on his role in all this is just too coincidental.

Kraco
Tue, 05-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Thanks for not raging back. That's very impressive. But how in the heck is it possible that you know so much about this Joker guy? I ended up googling him because I had no idea what you were talking about. Your speculation on his role in all this is just too coincidental.

Assuming I did guess correctly, it's all due to the fact I just marathoned again the eps of this arc, using the Yibis releases this time. When you rewatch episodes, especially back to back, it creates the effect of details connecting much more efficiently (since you notice and understand things you didn't the first time through with the hindsight knowledge), and of course repetition helps you remember stuff.

Basically all we know of Joker is the conversation between Smoker and Tashigi where they speculated somebody inside the Marines must be manipulating information for Caesar's benefit, and on the other hand Caesar himself and Monet mentioned the name, as if referring to someone above them. That's it. Whether this shadowy dude is this Joker, is only a guess, but considering he's somebody strong enough to take down Law effortlessly, he can't be a nobody. Besides, Law also seemed to know him.

What we don't know are the important details: If Joker is an alias of someone we know already and what he hopes to achieve with WMDs.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 05-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Omgosh...now what would make you guess that Joker is an alias? How many aliases are in One Piece? I can't seem to remember any.

Kraco
Tue, 05-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Omgosh...now what would make you guess that Joker is an alias? How many aliases are in One Piece? I can't seem to remember any.

How many intelligent Marines cooperating with wanted criminals have we seen? It's true I don't immediately recall many more aliases than "Mr. Prince" in One Piece, but then again, my memory isn't the most reliable thing. It would make perfect sense, in any case. Den Den Mushi can be tapped, as we saw in this arc, so any intelligent Marine wouldn't use his own name.

UChessmaster
Tue, 05-28-2013, 06:28 PM
All of baroque works use alias lol

Assertn
Tue, 05-28-2013, 06:29 PM
All of baroque works use alias lol

Yeah, but the only one that mattered was Crocodile's, since we already knew schichibukai were a big deal at the time. The rest were nobodies until after we learned who Nico Robin was.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 05-29-2013, 08:00 PM
All I knew about Joker was that he's Ceasar's mole in the Marines.

It didn't even occur to me that he might be strong, much less someone who could take out Law.

It does make sense that Joker would be an alias though. Because if anyone overhears someone talking about him, it would be pretty bad for him if a marine could just go "Oh, you mean Fred Joker? From the 4th Fleet? I know him! Better go tell the captain."

Dark_n1ghtmar3
Sat, 06-01-2013, 10:32 PM
well if he controls gas he prolly sucked all the oxygen from them and caused them to pass out