PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 709

Marik
Wed, 05-15-2013, 04:25 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/709)

Assertn
Wed, 05-15-2013, 01:39 PM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/709)

Well, Elisabello sure did more damage than I expected. It was pretty obvious either Bartolomeo or Bellamy would win, but I was pleasantly surprised when, for a second, Elisabello was claimed the winner. Of course I don't know how he'd be of any use in the next match without an army of guards again.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 05-16-2013, 01:19 AM
Damn, I was hoping my idea of a Feed-back type fruit existed, one that reflected back your attack on you.

toonice714
Thu, 05-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Essentially it does exactly that. Seeing as what he absorbs with the barrier gets bounced back. The good thing is LUFFY CAN BEAT HIM! I mean how long before luffy realizes he can just counter the counter and just send it back?! All he has to do is capture the moment before he delivers the final blow to say something along the lines of "...I'm am rubber you are....well you know the rest....gomu gomu no REFLECT!!!" Bam! Beats him at his own game and draws the MASAKA!!! Effect from that cocky asshole

Archangel
Tue, 05-21-2013, 09:08 PM
One Piece mangaka Eiichiro Oda hospitalisation with a tonsil infection has caused the cancellation of at least two One Piece instalments, alarming many fans yet again.

According to Shonen Jump’s editorial announcement, volume 26 and 27 of Weekly Jump will be missing One Piece due to his hospitalisation. Jump also clarified that he is suffering from a peritonsillar abscess, not simple tonsillitis as their print announcement stated.

Amongst Shonen Jump readers, in addition to worry for “workaholic” Oda himself, there has been the usual concern at both the fate of One Piece and the reliance of the magazine on its colossal success – and the effect any extended One Piece hiatus could have on the magazine.

Well shit

Carnage
Tue, 05-21-2013, 10:38 PM
This is what happens when your story is 70 volumes long and is still only half way done.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 05-22-2013, 01:50 AM
He really needs a vacation. It's really difficult to imagine how many hours he must work every week considering the amount of contents in each OP chapter.

Carnage
Wed, 05-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Maybe he should get some assistants to really learn how to draw his characters so he can just come up with the plot/dialogue.

toonice714
Wed, 05-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Oda gets sick a lot. I hope he gets better. Not even just for one piece, I mean he looks relatively young in the pics I've seen of him. How old is he really? I feel bad for his general health

toonice714
Wed, 05-29-2013, 10:02 AM
One piece is back next week....right?

Marik
Wed, 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
According to the TOC, yes.

#28:
Cover & Lead CP: One Piece
CP: Assassination Classroom, Nigashiya (One Shot)

toonice714
Wed, 05-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Thanks Marik!

toonice714
Fri, 05-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Well, Elisabello sure did more damage than I expected. It was pretty obvious either Bartolomeo or Bellamy would win, but I was pleasantly surprised when, for a second, Elisabello was claimed the winner. Of course I don't know how he'd be of any use in the next match without an army of guards again.

I just re-read this chapter but it looked like Bellamy's spring ability acted as a shock absorber for the reflected attack. Right before the king punch, Bellamy grabs Bartolommeo for a possible counter attack