PDA

View Full Version : One Piece on Toonami

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I just felt like mentioning that the Saturday night Toonami block on Adult Swim is going to start airing One Piece next week.

They've been airing Bleach for awhile now, and earlier this year they started airing Naruto, so they have, like, the big Trifecta of shounen anime from the last decade now.

It's gonna be on at 1AM right after Bleach and Naruto.

The strange thing is though, they're going to start airing it at episode 207.

Personally, I think their choice of starting points is a smart one.

207 is the point where the series first switched over to HD. So everything is going to look great(those original episodes of One Piece look pretty rrough now).

Plus, it's a short trip from 207 to the Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs. Which are two of the most interesting, exciting, character and world developing arcs in the entire series.

Not to mention, Opening 5 is still probably my favorite one in the series.

UChessmaster
Thu, 05-09-2013, 09:11 AM
I must be the only person in the world that enjoys the old animation more. I wish we had adult swim here, i`d so watch it all over again.

Kraco
Thu, 05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
They actually air HD versions of the old episodes, right from the beginning, in Japan. Of course they don't look as good as the real HD eps from when the production switched to HD, but they are surprisingly good nonetheless. Too bad nobody kept releasing subs of them for us. I have the first 20 of the Special Editions, like they are called, but then the rips suddenly stopped appearing.