PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 708

Marik
Wed, 05-08-2013, 05:14 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/708)

Assertn
Wed, 05-08-2013, 12:43 PM
Lots of interesting action here. My first thought is Bartolomeo has some sort of devil fruit that gives him a shield, but then I realized, would it make sense for anyone to have a devil fruit in this fight? They would just die if they ate the fire fruit. Exceptions, of course, being spring dude, who is just doing it for the recognition, and Luffy, who will eat the fruit anyway and not give a fuck.

UChessmaster
Thu, 05-09-2013, 04:48 PM
I figured those that do have a devil fruit want to sell the fire fruit, trade it, give it to one of their crews, etc.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 05-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Could we possibly see a power that reflects back on the own user? The stronger you attack, the more you suffer the backlash? Then you would have to use indirect attacks or go soft.

poopdeville
Fri, 05-10-2013, 05:38 PM
Bartolomeo's power has a Hunter x Hunter feel to it. Like the boxer in Greed Island.

toonice714
Fri, 05-10-2013, 08:29 PM
I know this is a shonen manga but has anyone else noticed that nearly EVERY other pirate or fighter in this manga has a tremendous bloodlust? Bellamy stabbed two guys then broke their backs. Other pirates and fighters literally fight like.....well pirates. Sanji is the only guy on the crew who has killed something if I recall correctly. It was the two unluckies. Besides that everyone else has just ko'ed people. I mean sheesh...even robin has shed some blood
Anyways I guess this tourney might give that pretty boy cavendish what he was looking for on the scale of recognition in a grand scale battle. With the advent of the marines, the numerous countries battling with their chief fighters, the mera mera, blackbeards crew, law's plot running in the background, CP-0 and last but not least the SH crew this battle might dwarf the Whitebeard war if kaidou or any one else enters the fray.

Assertn
Sat, 05-11-2013, 12:45 AM
I know this is a shonen manga but has anyone else noticed that nearly EVERY other pirate or fighter in this manga has a tremendous bloodlust? Bellamy stabbed two guys then broke their backs. Other pirates and fighters literally fight like.....well pirates. Sanji is the only guy on the crew who has killed something if I recall correctly. It was the two unluckies. Besides that everyone else has just ko'ed people. I mean sheesh...even robin has shed some blood
Anyways I guess this tourney might give that pretty boy cavendish what he was looking for on the scale of recognition in a grand scale battle. With the advent of the marines, the numerous countries battling with their chief fighters, the mera mera, blackbeards crew, law's plot running in the background, CP-0 and last but not least the SH crew this battle might dwarf the Whitebeard war if kaidou or any one else enters the fray.

I'm pretty sure the unluckies did not die, and made an appearance on one of the front-cover mini stories.

toonice714
Sat, 05-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Gotta check that....didn't sanji snap one of their necks?

Assertn
Sun, 05-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Gotta check that....didn't sanji snap one of their necks?

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Unluckies

Huh, apparently he did. However, in typical One Piece fashion, the Unluckies "got better" and defected to the Marines during the parallel baroque works mini arc.