frog hermit
Thu, 05-02-2013, 07:27 PM
May 2: 311. Prologue of Road to Ninja
May 9: 312. The Old Man and the Dragon's Eye
May 16: 313. Rain Followed by Snow, With a Chance of Lightning
May 23: 314. Sorrowful Sun Showers
May 30: 315. Lingering Snow

all filler

The manga will be 70-75 chapters ahead of the anime by May’s end.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Figured as much...

How's that manga looking btw? Does it really seem like this is going to be the final arc?

frog hermit
Thu, 05-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Figured as much...

How's that manga looking btw? Does it really seem like this is going to be the final arc?

oh, i dont read the manga. i just threw that in there in case anyone was curious. seems like they have plenty of canon to use but still they continue on with the filler.

im totally ready for this series to end.

UChessmaster
Thu, 05-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Figured as much...

So far, yes.

frog hermit
Thu, 05-02-2013, 08:56 PM
mildly interesting

I mean, without spoiling anything, has the manga reached a certain point where there's a definite break in the action and fillers could be inserted?

Nope, I think they're even still in the same day that the anime is in (2nd day of the war).

One day has lasted nearly 100 chapters

kmkze04
Fri, 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM
They're just going to drag it out like good ol' DBZ. Fucking assholes.

kmkze04
Fri, 05-03-2013, 09:01 AM
I'll just wait it out like the old fillers... guessing it'll be another year of this crap until we get back to the main arc and finish off the story.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Ya, who doesn't mind 11 years of Naruto? :P

frog hermit
Fri, 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM
I'll just wait it out like the old fillers... guessing it'll be another year of this crap until we get back to the main arc and finish off the story.

some of the more active forums believe that they will wait till the manga is ahead of the anime by 85-100 chapters ish. then start a new canon arc in the anime. that seems to be a pattern with the anime.

maybe July/August they seem to believe.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 05-04-2013, 02:49 AM
That makes no sense considering the series is already in the middle of presumably the final arc of the series.

Also, not sure why some people suddenly think there's going to be another 2 year filler hell... We've had multi month filler spells before in Shippuuden.

Personally, I'm hoping that once this series ends we get, like, Naruto Kai almost immediately.

Kraco
Sat, 05-04-2013, 03:56 AM
With the end in sight, the studio desperately tries to stretch the show. It makes perfect sense, since apparently Naruto still sells.

Shadow Skill
Sat, 05-04-2013, 06:53 AM
They'll just make a new Naruto series where hes an adult and becomes Hokage :P

kmkze04
Sat, 05-04-2013, 09:08 AM
With the end in sight, the studio desperately tries to stretch the show. It makes perfect sense, since apparently Naruto still sells.

The problem is they think narrowly with that... even if they complete the final arc, the DVDs and paraphernalia will still sell, and they have sooo much material to re-run that people would enjoy (especially instead of the flashback hell they used to do, fingers crossed that crap is done with). I mean I've watched several of my favorite series countless times and it's even more special if I see it randomly pop up on TV.

I'm far more likely to purchase DVDs of primarily canon seasons rather than primarily filler hell (or what I feel like is filler hell), also.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 05-06-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm far more likely to purchase DVDs of primarily canon seasons rather than primarily filler hell (or what I feel like is filler hell), also.I stopped buying the DVD sets the minute they stopped separating out the filler into it's own volumes.

The first series did this perfectly except for, like, maybe 4 episodes. The filler hell started with Volume 11. So naturally I own 1-10.

I own the first four volumes of Shippudden, but that first filler arc ends right in the middle of volume 6, and I haven't bought a Naruto DVD since.

frog hermit
Wed, 05-08-2013, 05:45 PM
That makes no sense considering the series is already in the middle of presumably the final arc of the series.

Agreed, i didn't mean a NEW arc, i meant, continuing the current war arc. So to rephrase what i said because now i see why you think it made no sense.

they will wait till the manga is ahead of the anime by 85-100 chapters ish. then continue with canon episodes. that seems to be a pattern with this anime.

maybe July/August

DarthEnderX
Thu, 05-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Which is crazy, they should just fucking go. The manga is going to be over long before the anime catches up at this point.

Actually, I suppose I can't really make that assumption. This current arc is has already been going on for like 70 episodes, and it goes on for like at least another 80 chapters. I guess there's no telling how long this arc could take to finish.