PDA

View Full Version : Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

MFauli
Sat, 04-20-2013, 08:35 AM

Youto Yokodera is always thinking about his carnal desires, but no one acknowledges him as a pervert. He learns about a cat statue that supposedly grants wishes. The boy goes to pray that he will be able to express his lustful thoughts whenever and wherever he wants. At the statue, Youto encounters Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi, a girl from his high school with her own wish—that she would not display her real intentions so readily.

Horrible Subs - Episode 01 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=423859)
----------------------------------

Ola, really enjoyed the first episode. The gag density is not yet where it could be, and if it puts too much emphasis on harem-crap, that could ruin it, too. But so far, fantastic. A male main character that not only thinks like a heterosexual male, but even is forced to tell his mind. Awesome!
And it´s absolutely hilarious when he calls a girl flat-chested in public, he´s forced to, afterall. It´s like that Jim Carrey-movie turned into anime-form.
There´s also a bit of a more serious, tragic plot-line, which is retrieving facial expressions for Tsukikko, who lost the ability to laugh and really any emotion, at least on the outside.

Want to have a real laugh, and not pseudo-humor like a certain anime that turned Satan into a burger cooker? Here it is. :>

vejita613
Sun, 04-21-2013, 05:06 AM
I can't tell if I absolutely hate the OP or adore it. Very weird feeling.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-21-2013, 06:33 AM
[gg] Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - 2v2 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=425596)

------------------

I have to admit, I'm really enjoying this series. It reminds me heavily of Kotoura-san, definitely a plus for it. I dunno, I like the "harem-crap." It allows for better comedy scenes to be set up when the girls fight with each other.

Loved Azuki's icy, hollow stare when the two came back to get her after she had been harassed by the bullies from her old school. Overall, the animation is somewhat simplified, but it is very nicely detailed when it comes to expressions.

It's only episode 2, and despite the male lead being a massive, overwhelming pervert, the three main girls Azuki and the two Tsutsukakushi sisters have strong feelings for him. Maybe it is because he is so upfront about it?

- The lead isn't quite the same kind of usual loser. Again, he's more like the Kotoura male lead. Which is a really good thing. There's a lot of devotion behind his pervert facade. It's not like he wasn't unsuccessful beforehand either. The club president obviously liked him before he lost his self-control, she was just too shy about it. Tsukiko fell for him right away, and his upfront attitude got Azuki to fall for him too (selfish and misguided at first because he didn't know her well enough). The girls aren't falling for him because he's the male lead, they're falling for him because he says things that make their brains melt. Again, due to his total lack of self-control about his fetishes.

- Elder Tsutsukakushi seems to have always liked him, initially thanks to his "devotion to track," and even after his explosive pervert debut, she still seems drawn to him. I also enjoyed the face off she had with Tsukiko. She seemed more upset that her sister was with him than the fact that he was with her sister. Kinda felt a little bad for her after they all ran in terror from her at the arcade.

- Tsukiko can't show it, but her dialogue still transmits her hidden feelings for him. I don't know when, and I'm still not sure why, but she seems to be very attached to him. Whenever she ends a sentence with "I see," she's either angry, or embarrassed, depending on context. She doesn't like lending him to Azuki, and she is very adamant about him being hers, and not her sister's plaything. Really hates her sister. I think it would be hilarious if they started having a serious relationship without fixing either of their problems. He does seem to have a knack for figuring out her moods anyway, and she seems fairly tolerant about his pervertedness, because it is often directed toward her (or she wants even more of it). It's telling that she shivers in fear or shies away from other men, but seems remarkably comfortable with him now.

- Azuki's got major problems. But she does seem flattered by the non-traditional attention he showered on her. Tsundere to the core. She's good for comedy, but I can't see her in a romantic end. It's more like she needs friends period, not a boyfriend. She was having a good time with the two of them until her old wounds got reopened, and made worse by them abandoning her.

@vejita613: I feel the same way about every Tamura Yukari OP/ED. They're so sugary-sweet.

MFauli
Sun, 04-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Solid second episode, though Azuki´s lifestyle is totally different from what I expected after her princess-like behavior from ep1. Kinda feel sad for her, working so hard and not having any friends.

Confused about Tsukikko. Why does she like the lead already? All this jealousy. Well, I found her weird, anyway, since she was ready to be raped in ep1, when he fell onto her. Yeah, don´t try to defend yourself, lol.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Episodes (http://tokyotosho.info/search.php?terms=gg+Hentai+Ouji+to+Warawanai+Neko&type=0&size_min=&size_max=&username=) 3-5 are out.
(link will work for all episodes)

Interesting that they cleared up much of the problems already, but deliberately left Tsukiko without emotions.

This is one of the funnier shows this season. Arguably the best comedy series airing.

The best part is that the lead has no sense of shame, so it avoids the pitfall of many clichés where both parties get embarrassed. Leaves more time for Azuki to go berserk, Tsukushi to flip out, and Tsukiko to deliver clever wordplay.

It helps that Tsukushi and Azuki are both on the gullible side (dangerously so), while Tsukiko is very astute.

vejita613
Sun, 05-12-2013, 03:47 PM
This is one of the funnier shows this season. Arguably the best comedy series airing.

Tough call. It's between this, Muromi and Hataraku Maou for sure.

edit: I was disappointed a bit with episode 4. Yeah, I'm a bit spoiled because of the manga, but they did leave out a few hilarious parts. But, the over all message got through I suppose.

Also, I didn't care much for her at first, but.....dang it I kind of feel for the Steel Queen now.

David75
Sun, 05-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Tough call. It's between this, Muromi and Hataraku Maou for sure.

edit: I was disappointed a bit with episode 4. Yeah, I'm a bit spoiled because of the manga, but they did leave out a few hilarious parts. But, the over all message got through I suppose.

Also, I didn't care much for her at first, but.....dang it I kind of feel for the Steel Queen now.

What I feel is: "She's a trap"

But I might be wrong.

vejita613
Mon, 05-13-2013, 04:55 AM
With a chest like that? That would be crazy.

David75
Mon, 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM
With a chest like that? That would be crazy.

A trap in the sense she might have been a guy... and was transformed to a girl by the stonecat.
Only a foolish idea based on the jersey Youto found in their house.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Why would that make sense?

She wants to marry her little sister because she thinks she is super adorable. That clinginess is part of what drove Tsukiko away from her (if I understood that scene correctly). She doesn't care whether she is a girl or not.

She also believes that Yokodera has a twin brother. She's just a dumbass. A lovable one, but one ne'ertheless.

Kraco
Tue, 05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
She's just a dumbass.

Yokodera is one big idiot. I guess it's partially dictated by the cliches in the plot, but that makes no difference objectively speaking. Steel Queen is certainly no more foolish than he is. I also don't understand how he can be such a big pervert yet is not interested in making a girlfriend but rather tries to turn girls interested in him into ordinary friends or little sisters.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Well, he is the prince of perverts.

But more specifically, he's too afraid of Tsukushi, he doesn't really seem to find Tsukiko attractive in that way (though he doesn't seem to realize she's the demon/cat mask girl who has the belly button he adores, and with Azuki, he's just dense and misunderstanding her current wants/needs.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Tsukiko has no expressions too, so that makes her even harder to understand.

While I hate indecisive/dense main characters, I hate female leads that cannot even confess how they feel even more. All this will be resolved if they just went up to him said how they feel, like what he has been doing all this time.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Like what she has been doing most of the time? It takes an idiot like Yokodera to not catch on that even without emotions, Tsukiko has been hinting that she loves him most of this time. He figures out her general [non-]emotional state often enough, which is commendable, but misses all the times she's been semi-flirting with him, asking him out on dates romantically, or getting jealous.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 05-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Why hint it? Just say "I like/love you, romantically."

Kraco
Wed, 05-15-2013, 02:14 AM
I think "Are you free tomorrow, let's go out on a date" & "I don't want to be cured from this curse if that means we can't be together anymore" should be plenty direct. In addition to sticking close to him all the time and wanting to spend as much time with him as possible. Azusa even confessed more or less directly, but he turned her down, so it doesn't matter.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 05-15-2013, 02:55 AM
Not direct enough in anime standards.

Kraco
Wed, 05-15-2013, 05:12 AM
Not direct enough in anime standards.

Well, yeah, that's why I called him an idiot up there. Because it's not direct enough only for an idiot.

He hasn't shown wits in anything he has done in the show, even romances aside. Considering how much trouble he got from his first wish, you'd think he would have never wished for anything again or at least had been highly cautious. Instead he made more random wishes, and kept trying to spam the statue with wishes after it seemingly stopped functioning.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko - 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=435103)

-----------

Cat Deities above, Tsukiko is cute. I suppose Tsukushi is correct in demanding proper words of tribute to her sister. If Yokodera wasn't as dumb as he is, he might have gotten to her in the kitchen. She slipped up in a number of areas. It's funny that he is astute enough to tell what her mood is despite the curse, but still can't figure out how much she likes him when she is so obvious about it.

Azuki is fine too, but she's no Tsukiko. She's a bit of a perv too, but Tsukushi's second in command is really messed up. Yokodera wasn't the only one taken aback by her lines.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-19-2013, 07:39 PM
That was a hilarious episode. Each time you think "Nah, they wouldn't go that far" they actually did.

Tsukiko is going to give me moe-death. Steel Queen is awesome comedy. Azuki is just annoying.

Ryllharu
Sun, 05-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Azuki's situation is hilarious, she wants Yokodera hard, but he's dumped her strictly in the friend zone. I love her hopeless tantrums and posturing.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-19-2013, 08:35 PM
Well, she still serves as great pettanko fanservice so I wouldn't want to take her out of the show, even if she is annoying.

David75
Sun, 05-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I hope I'm not on a list somewhere, after watching that episode... (copyright:Archangel)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 05-20-2013, 12:06 AM
What list?

Kraco
Mon, 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM
The character designs are really super moe in this show.

For some reason I can't connect with Tsukiko's character. Sure, she's as cute as they get, but I can't get past the conflict between her rather proactively emotional personality (that impossibly doesn't get through to Yokodera, at least not where it would count for her) and the lack of visible feelings. I'm cool with genuinely emotionless characters, kuuderes and such, but Tsukiko's situation annoys me. If it's an emotionless girl, then she's supposed to be one and have the dude break the ice and heal her, but if she isn't emotionless, then she shouldn't act as if she were.

Thus, I find Azuki much cuter than Tsukiko, at the moment. Of course she's a sad case because she has been turned down. That means she can't really further the plot, at least not for herself. All this means I don't particularly want her to get lots of screen time anymore, even thought I don't find her annoying, because it would be wasted time.

Steel Queen certainly was surprising in this episode. I wonder what kind of movie she watched as a reference for her seducer act.

Ryllharu
Mon, 05-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Emotionless versus expressionless is the key difference here. She still gets embarrassed, she just doesn't show it. She wished for her, "true feelings to not show so easily." So even expressionless as she is, they're still shown on a minor level and rarely, like when she shivered when he caught her twice in a row in the kitchen.

Kraco
Sun, 05-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Episode 7 - gg (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=436901)

- -- - -- -

They really keep spamming the wishes. Such immature kids. If the character designs weren't so damn cute, I'd have dropped this show already.

KrayZ33
Sun, 05-26-2013, 08:36 AM
"children behave like children, DRAWPD!"

vejita613
Sun, 05-26-2013, 04:24 PM
So, he doesn't want to be her brother anymore? Is that supposed to be some sort of confession? I really didn't get that scene.

Whatever. Tsukushi is still cute.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 05-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Yes, it is a roundabout confession, ironically coming from the person who cannot even understand roundabout confessions.

Ryllharu
Sat, 06-15-2013, 05:47 PM
[gg] Hentai Ouji - 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=443300)

------------

Holy shit, the track club vice president is the Hentai Princess of the series. Judging from her reactions to the dice game, all the insults she's been throwing at Yokodera are stuff she has been wishing he'd do to her as the Hentai Prince. That means that she wants him to steal her socks and... :eek:

Not that Tsukiko is any better...hiding inside a dakimakura. Allowing him to keep his lolicon/pettanko hentai, but nothing with big tits. Kinda cute that she's obsessed with determining that she's known (and been in love with him) the longest.

The interesting side effect to that is revealing the long-forgotten wish.

Azuki is also strangely receptive to "open" relationships. She likes to be considered his girlfriend, but doesn't seem to care when he goes on dates with Tsukiko either. Comparatively, Tsukiko is extremely possessive (self-admitted no less).

KrayZ33
Sun, 06-16-2013, 06:55 AM
cat god is really creepy, I like the mysterious vibes comming from it

the laugh is giving me chills too

Kraco
Sun, 06-16-2013, 10:50 AM
The interesting side effect to that is revealing the long-forgotten wish.

I have hard time imagining what that long-forgotten ancient wish is. It has removed everybody from Yokodera's memory, but it must also have something to do with the inconsistency regarding Tsutsukakushis' mother. Yokodera having something to do with the disappearance of the mother and wanting everybody to forget everything about it would be kind of brutish.

Kraco
Wed, 07-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Episode 12 - gg (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=447606)

- - - - - -- - - - -

This was a decently entertaining show. I wasn't really a big fan of Tsukiko, but I have to admit the last few episodes (the memory arc) did significant work making me like her a lot more. Perhaps because it wasn't anymore all up to her wish stunted personality but because there was so much history there. The kind of history I didn't foresee even though it was hardly anything complicated. Especially the condition of the mother, her relationshop with kid Yokodera, and lastly how kid Yokodera pulled off such an ultimately unselfish wish after receiving advice lasting a lifetime from himself.

Still, this was a really cute series.