PDA

View Full Version : Valvrave The Liberator

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM

Synopsis: Shinreki 71, 70% of all human beings have finally migrated to space due to the development of space cities. Between two organizations called the Dorushia Military Pact Federation and the Atlantic Ring United States (ARUS), there is a small neutral nation called Jiouru that has prospered economically. In the same year, Tokishima Haruto, a high school student living in Jiouru discovered a mysterious mecha called Valvrave during the Dorushia's attack in the nation.

Genre: action, drama, science fiction

Links: AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9568) ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=14983) Official Page
(http://www.valvrave.com/)
Episode 1: gg (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=422781)

Edit: Well, seems to be the typical Gundam story. Neutral colon... I mean Dyson Sphere builds a bad ass robot for the war. Opposing forces come to take it and mess up the place. Kid runs into possible childhood friend on the other side. Then said kid get in robot and destroys the entire opposing force.

I'm a sucker for sunrise stuff so I'll keep watching. The ending was unexpected though.

Kraco
Fri, 04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
The main character really has little drive. Of course he got better after his girl was killed in front of his eyes, but unfortunately after the short killing spree he seemed to decide it's all over now and he might as well die. And so he died, only to arise as a foul techno-vampire or something... I hope he has more energy and ambition as a cannibal than as a student.

The Dorushian folks, however, were from a different stock. I wonder what the Atlantic Ring people are like.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 04-12-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't think it was his drive. I think it was more of the machine taking over for him and raw instinct but I am interested to see how it turns out.

MasterOfMoogles
Sat, 04-13-2013, 03:29 PM
I was very happy to see the guy pull out a gun and shoot him after stabbing him.
You have to make sure!
Apparently he still didn't make sure enough.

Death13a
Sat, 04-13-2013, 03:59 PM
first you shoot the head then burn it with FIRE!!!

Kraco
Sat, 04-13-2013, 04:03 PM
first you shoot the head then burn it with FIRE!!!

He was such a pretty boy himself that perhaps he subconsciously avoided the head so that karma will spare his own face, should he get killed in a similar fashion. A corpse always looks more gruesome if the head is damaged.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 04-19-2013, 10:02 AM
[gg] Valavrave The Liberator Episode 2 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=424879)

Kraco
Fri, 04-19-2013, 10:31 AM
I can't say I'd much like the main character. This show would have been much better if L-Elf was the main character, not the whiner boy whose wins are granted by sheer luck, nothing else. In fact he behaves so stupidly that just staying alive demonstrates Goddess of Luck herself must have adopted him. Or in other words he's only alive because the shaky story wants to keep him alive no matter what.

David75
Fri, 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Settings is nice, visuals not too bad, but it's not a show you enjoy watching and would patiently wait each week.
I'm not motivated enough to even dl the second ep...

vejita613
Mon, 04-22-2013, 05:17 PM
That OP is godly. Can someone please post the full version when it comes out? Thanks.

The show makes me feel like I'm watching Gundam. That's not a bad thing. I think I'm going to put this in the back log for right now though. There's too many other shows I'm watching this season, and not a whole lot going on next season.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 04-26-2013, 01:26 AM
[gg] Valavrave The Liberator Episode 3 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=427365)

L- Elf just completely dominated the army. You would think that they would have more men/cameras on a man deemed "The One-Man-Army." Kinda surprised that he managed to set all of that up in the 15 minutes that he escaped. Going to be interesting to see how he manipulates the entire school to to his bidding next week.

Kraco
Fri, 04-26-2013, 07:13 AM
L-Elf's escape and everything that happened afterwards was pure bullshit. Just saying ARUS soldiers would be utter greenhorns wouldn't cut it. They were idiots, plus L-Elf apparently has some Doraemon pocket since he had an unlimited supply of explosives and missiles despite the fact he was a fricking prisoner only moments before. Completely ridiculous.

I don't know why I'm still watching this. Maybe because it makes Gargantia feel even better when the other mecha show is like this.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 04-26-2013, 08:48 AM
That OP is godly.

The ED isn't bad either, though I've heard better from Angela. Best OP/ED combo this season, I reckon.

edit: The ED's the 2nd track here:

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=426689
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=427388

The show makes me feel like I'm watching Gundam..

The space setting reminds me of Gundam, but everything else feels more like Code Geass, but mix up the brains/soldier-efficiency/controlling-power/immortality a bit. Valverave is even "liberating" (as in, a revolution) rather than "rebelling" (going against authority). Then throw in Super Robots.

I initially felt really bad for the main girl when she "died" in the car and raged, but then she came back alive and I felt bad for the long haired girl because now it's a triangle again.

David75
Fri, 04-26-2013, 11:51 PM
L-Elf's escape and everything that happened afterwards was pure bullshit. Just saying ARUS soldiers would be utter greenhorns wouldn't cut it. They were idiots, plus L-Elf apparently has some Doraemon pocket since he had an unlimited supply of explosives and missiles despite the fact he was a fricking prisoner only moments before. Completely ridiculous.

I don't know why I'm still watching this. Maybe because it makes Gargantia feel even better when the other mecha show is like this.

The only idea that could save the day is that they set many traps ahead of time and he just used the ones he needed for that D7 plan of his.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-02-2013, 05:43 PM
gg - Episode 04 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=429769)

-----------------------------

You know, I'm enjoying this show quite a lot.

The space setting reminds me of Gundam, but everything else feels more like Code Geass

Now with contracts and an awesome support-girl. :D

The question isn't so much how students run a state, but whether they have enough resources to. They need to create their super-robot army after all, and while ARUS is an ally they're not exactly doing it because they think you're nice people to work with. At the very least the school has the right talents to pull it off. How that chicken blond guy became student council president is anybody's guess.

At this point, I'm left wondering how much L-Elf will be working with the students because they're "interesting", and how much he'll try to focus on his objective with disregard for casualties. The black-haired chick as well intrigues me. She likes Haruto, but given Haruto and Shoko's relationship she's really got no chance, which may open the path to her betrayal of their cause out of hate/spite later on.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-10-2013, 01:21 AM
gg - Episode 05 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=432100)

-----------------------------------

Some absurd parts, but nothing that wasn't in line with L-Elf's one-man-army stunt. I gave the kids a bit too much credit thinking they'd properly manage most things, but they didn't even sure resource management of any kind. Water was allowed to sprinkle and the place was allowed to be too warm rather than too cold.

If I take this situation along with the ease of which they declared independence, I am to suppose that there's some form of infinite energy supply (fusion core reactor?) and other life-sustaining supplies that their biological survival isn't dependant on trade? If so, then their only concern is maintaining independence by becoming a military powerhouse in their own right, which the "curses" seem to conveniently handle.

I hated all the bitches who complained this episode. They're all pretty damn hot, so I won't say I hate them 100%, but their attitude is atrocious. If you allowed something to happen, you're just as responsible as the one who suggested the idea. There's no "I shouldn't have trusted you". The fact is you did. (Emphasis on YOU). Conveniently blaming people based on the situation triggers by bitch-slapping urges so bad. At least that did happen though (the bitch-slapping) - or else I'd have to break something to vent my rage.

There's also the "I'm your senior, how dare you talk back to me" crap. The hierarchical society of Japan (and to a lesser extent a lot of other Asian cultures) breeds respect and it's something that looks good at first glance, but you also develop people who think they stand on top of others because they are chronologically more advanced. It goes against the modern ideas of science and freedom where what is "right" prevails, not "who" prevails.

Normally I hate the third wheel, but Rukito is both likeable (physically and character-wise, though not as much as Shoko in the second department) and necessary to really spice things up. She's blunt and stands up to crap when it happens. Her love (ultimately unrequited?) and rather extreme character makes her a candidate for wrecking the entire thing inside out later. She's one of those fallable characters, though not necessarily corruptible.

L-Elf's the shifty obvious one, but she'll be the one to reach that breaking-point where she spirals out of control from her emotions and start targeting Haruto instead of helping him. I can see the two teaming up. She could also be the first one to hop into a Curse to save Haruto if he becomes endangered in a space battle later. (Please don't pick green, I never liked bright green machines/heroes).

I love Valverave. I haven't enjoyed an anime so consistently for quite some time now

---------------------------------

ED torrent with better romanji labels (otherwise, same music quality/file)

[Shin-S] Kakumeiki Valvrave ED & K ED3 Album - ZERO [angela].zip (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=430917)
[Shin-S] Kakumeiki Valvrave ED & K ED3 Album - ZERO (FLAC) [angela].zip (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=430916)

David75
Sat, 05-11-2013, 02:26 AM
Most of the ep was pure crap.
And I just hope we won't get multiple color Valvraves... Starting with red... seems we have yellow, green and the others. That would be so Cliché that would hurt a lot. But maybe they just want to crush that at some point. L-Elf already in that place is a little strange, but he's the super anti-hero. Although he's the main character in the ED so who knows. I guess if there's a black valvrave, that's the one for him.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-11-2013, 08:55 AM
That OP is godly. Can someone please post the full version when it comes out? Thanks.

Japanese-labelled versions for now:

[Musica_MaGiC] T.M.REVOLUTION×Nana Mizuki - Preserved Roses (320kbps+BK) (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=432488)
[Musica_MaGiC] T.M.REVOLUTION×Nana Mizuki - Preserved Roses (FLAC+BK) (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=432490)

Unfortunately the full mix seems to be too bass-heavy and muddy which lessens my enjoyment. The same thing happened to the recent Jojo OP1. The full song was just so.. thick.

I'll give other torrents a go later, since the above links are now available (and it's not the official release date yet), so it's not impossible for someone to encode a digital-radio version of the song just to jump the gun. The release-group does have a seemingly long history of song torrents though.

vejita613
Sat, 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Awesome, thanks! Downloading it now.

edit: I see what you mean, but it didn't really detract me from the song too much.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 05-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Romanji group release:

[Shin-S] Kakumeiki Valvrave OP Single - Preserved Roses (FLAC) [T.M.Revolution & Mizuki Nana].zip (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=432507)
[Shin-S] Kakumeiki Valvrave OP Single - Preserved Roses [T.M.Revolution & Mizuki Nana].zip (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=432508)

Good to know the release groups are at least as enthusiastic as us about this. I can hear the details (which I'm used to hearing from the TV-cuts) when I turn the volume to 80+dB, but it's not something I like to do due to both health and comfort reasons. My mind can start ignoring the bass but it's still overwhelming.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-16-2013, 08:12 PM
gg - Episode 06 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=434236)

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 05-17-2013, 12:10 AM
So Rukino pilots the green one. I didn't really like her character development this episode. Her reasoning for wanting to pilot the mech was a little too petty for my tastes. It is sad because I liked her but it just comes to light that she is an attention whore. I also really hate that she was able to control this complex machine on the drop of a dime. That requires some ridiculous spacial control as she is controlling it with her hands as opposed to how Gundams funnels are controlled. Even her creation of artificial walls was kind of annoying. Meanwhile, Haruto just floated there in space. I wish this show would link thier piloting skills to something they did in the real world.

I'm also annoyed at the fact we never saw when ARUS even got that ship out of the hanger.

There are three mechs left so it will be interesting to see who pilots what. Hopefully L-Elf gets something.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-17-2013, 04:34 AM
L-Elf had an interesting interpretation of the Anti-Theft mechanism. I had assumed that whoever gets into the mech first owns it, and any new person gets injected and dies. His take is that the mechanism weeds out non-students from the school-goers. The two theories could co-exist, but I'm going to guess they want us to take the school-kids version since they laid it out for us. The test would be to see if Shoko or someone would get rejected by sitting in a pre-owned mech. Saki wouldn't work because she's now immortal.

I didn't like the development so much either. It fleshed her out, but as Felix said it makes her into an attention whore. I'll still like her, but her "scarred, broken personality" didn't play out as tragically as I would have hoped. I'm sure domestic violence sucked, the problem is how Saki came away from it. This is particularly evident when being on stage (ie attention) fixes everything.

Last week Saki was built up to be someone who won't stand for wrong blames or bitch slaps. Her love for Haruto could have been her fatal flaw that ultimately turns down a path of ruin, but that all goes down the drain this week with her glory-seeking.

Again with Felix, it sucked to watch Haruto do nothing as well. If she's going to be the agile one, then Haruto needs to something to show as well. I can get past the skill-barrier since they're now vampires - and if you can inject immortality you might as well throw in the skill as a bonus.

Valvrave's operating time is also a mystery. From memory, it stops moving when the counter reaches 100/100.. but then the denominator increases (I forgot the circumstance) up to 666, and if you break that you go into some type of super-mode.

Inazuma
Fri, 05-17-2013, 06:09 AM
Episode 6 : Attention whore x Superpowered Mecha

God, this gave me the hiccups. I'm not confused, I'm just afraid I understood the subtext right and as Buff said, the development sucked. For now Valvrave is meh tier material that will sell figurines but will be forgotten as soon as it stops airing.
I hoped for more, I hoped L-Elf (No matter how stupid his name is) would make this more watchable him being the son of Macgyver but this shit is just too hard to watch, especially after Shoko going Jingle bells.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-17-2013, 08:58 AM
This is pretty horrid. It makes eating fish carcases look like You Can (Not) Advance.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-17-2013, 09:11 AM
I only thought this episode was the bad one. All the ones before this were fine, it's just that I feel so betrayed by how Saki developed.* She even went as far as to say that as long as she gets famous she doesn't care about Haruto (lie, but given the entire ep it's a pretty convincing lie). I can deal with a few bad eps along the way as long as the whole package is good, but ruining a character for me isn't quite so easily forgiven. It's looking hopeful still, but please turn our more like Code Geass and less like Guity Crown.

* Talking about disappointment, I'll admit at least a little had to do with gg's troll pic:

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9590/lolwup.jpg

shinta|hikari
Fri, 05-17-2013, 10:01 AM
This show feels... awkward. It tries to be so many things but does not reach sufficient levels of competency in each aspect. I'm afraid to say I feel a lot of Guilty Crown in this one (it even has several themes in common, like student governance), and even that might be offensive to the former.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 05-17-2013, 12:47 PM
I think the problem in this series lies with its 12 episode season and Bandai making them debut all 5 robots before the season lets out. If they had 24 episodes and no requirements to release these toys I could see this show being great. I'm hoping that the remaining three pilots and L-Elfs reasons for doing what they are doing are not as shallow as Rukino's.

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 05-23-2013, 09:43 PM
[gg] Valvrave the Liberator - 07 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=436382)

First off, I wish they had not put in that first few minutes before the opening. I did not need to see that this was going to time skip 200 years into the future. That robot Rukino was fighting in the beginning was retarded. Stupid transforming bull head and cliche enemy pilot fodder. Even her space suit looked out of place and ridiculous. I was hoping it was a joke and they made a video of it but it looks like it is real. That clearly shows everything they do this season will mean nothing as the only ones who will be there in the time skip are the seven? Valvrave pilots. The whole episode and series was devalued in just those few minutes for me.

As for the rest of the episode, I am interested in L-Elf's past. I figured that girl was his sister or someone close to him. Hopefully they don't fuck it up like they did Rukino's past. My main reason for watching this series will go out the window if they screw up L-Elf.

I'm guessing the next pilot will be that guy seeing as his girl was a floating corpse before his eyes. Funny how Haruto immediately forgot where she was. Such a useless person. I want that "Thunder" guy to be a pilot too. Hopefully the big boobed teacher and the recluse girl become pilots too. This show needs "interesting" pilots badly.

EDIT: Also. Why the fuck did they change the ending. The first one was amazing. This new one blows in comparison. I like Elisa but I want my Angela back. They could've changed it next season and I wouldn't have cared.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-24-2013, 05:54 AM
First off, I wish they had not put in that first few minutes before the opening. I did not need to see that this was going to time skip 200 years into the future. That robot Rukino was fighting in the beginning was retarded. Stupid transforming bull head and cliche enemy pilot fodder. Even her space suit looked out of place and ridiculous. I was hoping it was a joke and they made a video of it but it looks like it is real. That clearly shows everything they do this season will mean nothing as the only ones who will be there in the time skip are the seven? Valvrave pilots. The whole episode and series was devalued in just those few minutes for me.

I'm actually pretty pumped they kept it. It's a promise to me that this will go somewhere and not just fumble around in school for a few more episodes. I actually see Shoko die instead of being immortal. Rukino talks like she won't be able to see Haruto again.. so perhaps he ends up dying. Or she promised Shoko something instead of Haruto.

Also, I'm surprised how well Saki recovered. I can pretty much forget about that episode and just like Saki as I did before.

Funny how Haruto immediately forgot where she was.

Reminds me of another similar girl who died in Guilty Crown. (pretty sure she snuck around to help, so she wasn't sitting there the entire time, and it's reasonable to say that L-Elf made Haruto change locations - she followed)

The train's back on track (or hanging on) for me.

As for Elisa's song, I'm half expecting them to toss between a few depending on the mood. It's "easier" than Angela's.

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 05-30-2013, 10:24 PM
[gg] Valvrave the Liberator - 08 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=438568)

Yes, Yes, Yes!!! This is what should have happened instead of all that school crap. This episode was great. The action was there and L-Elf kicked some ass and took names. His back story wasn't annoying like Rukino's either. His character is still in tact for me.

Clearly one of the two dudes will pilot the next Valvrave. It will be interesting to see who does since L-Elf is doing the training.

I wonder when New-Jior will get their White Base?

I really hope that that vice commander chick on the Dorrissian side doesn't die. I like her but I feel someone is going to shoot her in the back once she learns too much. Hopefully she will escape to New-Jior and expand their army.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-31-2013, 04:57 AM
What's a White Base? I'm thinking that Thunder would get the mech, based on the preview. The blue mech looks a bit tame though, I would have thought that the orange one with the high output beams from the OP would suit him better, so maybe it'll be that instead.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-06-2013, 09:10 PM
gg - Episode 09 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=440590)

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 06-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Another great episode. Inuzuka and Yamada becoming pilots was pretty obvious. I did laugh at how they actually used teamwork as opposed to the lone wolves, Haruto and Rukino. They even got the colors I wanted them to get. They should have all of the angles covered for offense now. Interesting how L-Elf turned the module into a fully functioning warship. I guess they had their "White Base" all along.

I can't really buy into the whole "This module was built for the valvraves." crap. You'd think state of the art weaponry would be protected by some semblance of security. Dorissia just waltzed right in. The students did a much better job at shooting down enemies than the adults did. From the way Cain and the doctor refer to these valvraves, their cores must contain something living. Maybe number II is still in its infant stage. Wouldn't really make sense though.

Hopefully, since Nanami (one of my fave characters whose name they should use more often) was not in on it, she will become the pilot of he purple valvrave. It seems like a support unit from the small cut in it gets in the opening. Given her role in the school it seems to make sense. Her or Akira. Just not Shoko or the blonde guy or girl.

No preview for the next episode. Maybe something big will go down at the moon.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-06-2013, 10:48 PM
The colours certainly worked out. I wouldn't have settled for anything other than yellow for Thunder. I think the teamwork worked out because their mechs seemed rather specialised towards defence/shooting and cannon/melee which required them to compliment each other. Saki and Haruto are harder to pinpoint and combine into one functional team. I do agree that the latter two tend more towards independent action though. Haruto because he didn't want anybody else to be in a valvrave anyway, and Saki because she's "independent".

I'm not sure who would go into the purple mech now actually. The pilots so far, besides being students, are also non-military. That suggests that Nanami might also have a chance. I'd like both her and Shoko to remain as support roles in school though. Akira's computer skills seem to be superceded by L-Elf now, but he's commanding - so I can still see a role for her in IT. That leaves the girl who sounds (hilariously) half asleep, but she's had barely any characterisation. Queen already has her role in leading her pack of console-chicks.

The Admiral getting the number of arms wrong... lol.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-10-2013, 04:03 AM
Oh god... just watched the first 2 episodes, the show is horrible so far, does it get less forced/random later on?
And I've rarely seen more annoying characters throughout the whole cast

the only redeeming thing so far has been the somewhat decent fighting choreography (which seems to repeat itself rather fast)

shinta|hikari
Mon, 06-10-2013, 04:09 AM
No, it doesn't.

KrayZ33
Mon, 06-10-2013, 08:11 AM
you are right, watched ep3 just to be sure.. I regret it already, really painful to watch - 1/10

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM
[gg] Valvrave the Liberator - 10 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=442760)

Spoilers ahead...

WHAT! THE! FUCK!!! His killer urge was to FUCK A GIRL. Seriously? He fucked Rukino! What the hell. That was completely out of left field. I thought he needed blood. Even the computer girl was saying he was hungry. I guess she meant his dick. The computer girl was even getting off on it. He must have did every single position in the book though. His clothes turned into a ripped cloth and hers were no where to be seen. Good thing L-Elf stopped him in the last episode. He might've taken it in the butt. Rukino was no better. She realized she was gonna get raped and just let it...happen. No way they will be able to look each other in the eye after this. I guess it is even worse for Haruto because his first time cannot be remembered.

No wonder they aren't doing previews. Kinda hard not to spoil things like this.

Edit: I don't like Haruto. He is a wimp and he didn't deserve her much less to sleep with her. Haruto better not Rape my favorite girls.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-14-2013, 01:32 AM
I would call it rape, but Rukino not resisting was also quite understandable. For starters, she couldn't. Haruto was all over in Beast-Mode. Secondly, she was quite ready to offer herself to him to some degree, but obviously not this. By the time she realised it was inevitable, I think she would have thought it was a shame Haruto wasn't his actual self.

I hope her current "down" persona is only transient. It'd suck for her to break. I can see these two becoming the cursed couple by the end. As for Haruto, I don't know whether to think that he goes berserk because of his special mech, or if he's the only one who does this because he's "died".

As for L-Elf, the first time he killed Haruto, Haruto went and bit him instead of raping him. What's the difference between these two cases?

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 06-14-2013, 01:55 AM
I think the difference was more of him being filled with holes when he bit L-Elf.

I was talking with someone earlier and I remembered that the green haired girl saw them kiss and asked if it was intercourse. There is also an episode where she talks about insertion. Perhaps the girl controls Haruto when he gets like that to some degree. She was freaking once Haruto got his mouth on Rukino's breast at about 21:16 of the episode. Maybe she was using him as a test subject, or she just really wanted to see Haruto have intercourse. She could also be feeling what he feels but that would be really weird.

My problem with the rape was that we know Rukino could subdue him in one kick. She did it like 10 minutes prior. She didn't even try. Haruto doesn't seem to gain super strength when he goes berserk given how easily he has been stopped before. He must have though. His hands never went below the belt so he must've gone straight through his pants and underwear as well as her panties.

Edit: Rukino made a promise to kill Haruto this episode. I guess the time skip will be about her and the others going to kill him.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-14-2013, 02:42 AM
My problem with the rape was that we know Rukino could subdue him in one kick. She did it like 10 minutes prior.

She snuck a kick in. That's hardly the same as when she's being pinned down, unless you're suggesting she should have done so right form the start.

I think the green-haired girl was watching this time instead of controlling Haruto, but I won't discount the possibility that she'd one day be able to exert her will through him.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 06-14-2013, 12:47 PM
That wasn't rape. When she realized what the curse was making him do, she embraced him. They were even loosely holding hands while doing the deed. If anything, Haruto deserves the pity. Now he cannot even be with Shoko because of this. Rukino will likely use this to make Haruto her lover. If she didn't want to, she could have simply escaped the scene and not make a show of her nakedness.

Xelbair
Fri, 06-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Am i the only one thinking that Shoko is NOT fit for being a leader? she could represent them and/or support the goverment - but not lead them.
let her be the president - representative of the country with the right of veto, not the prime minister.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-14-2013, 09:09 PM
That wasn't rape. When she realized what the curse was making him do, she embraced him. They were even loosely holding hands while doing the deed. If anything, Haruto deserves the pity. Now he cannot even be with Shoko because of this. Rukino will likely use this to make Haruto her lover. If she didn't want to, she could have simply escaped the scene and not make a show of her nakedness.

I'm not quite sure about rape vs non-rape. She didn't actively refuse the entire way, but that doesn't mean it was consensual. I don't really understand the whole thing though, so I wouldn't be able to judge.

I don't think she would have been able to get away though, and everybody deserves pity here. Shoko now won't be able to be with Haruto because he'll take responsibility. Haruto's in the same position. Rukino will be with Haruto but she'll feel that despite everything he's never really her's. If anything, after this incident she can never be 100% sure Haruto likes her (and not because of this incident).

As for the whole staying-at-the-scene thing, the only thing that (magically?) survived was Haruto's blazer. That's actually pretty funny. Judging from how Haruto's clothes were wrecked, you'd almost think that Rukino turned Beast-Mode as well and gave him a ripping.

David75
Sat, 06-15-2013, 04:40 AM
You have to remember Rukino is also a "non human" now, that could explain why she let it go. The beast mode is pure instincts, L-elf bite was to survive, then there's the blod bit to eat and now we've seen reproduction. Nothing much to add.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 06-15-2013, 08:47 AM
You have to remember Rukino is also a "non human" now, that could explain why she let it go.

She (nor anyone else besides Haruto) didn't go into beast mode though, as far as we know. Haruto seems to have perfect self control until it "hits". There aren't any creeping dark thoughts that disturb him - the switch is either on or off.

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 06-20-2013, 10:21 PM
[gg] Valvrave the Liberator - 11 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=444756)

Good episode. Haruto manned up and took some responsibility for is actions and didn't side step it. He just proposed to Rukino. I wonder how he will deal with killing Shoko's dad now. He is gonna have to own up to that too. Kinda sad that Rukino was gonna use the sex to lock him into a relationship though. Guess it wasn't rape. She wanted that bad.

I now feel Akira is gonna get in the Purple Valvrave. She got some brief backstory so we will see where this goes.

I also feel that L-Elf has a plan for Commander Cain.

Keno
Thu, 06-20-2013, 10:32 PM
I've been following this series and it's pretty good. Sometimes borders on lame, but still manages to keep me interested for the next episode. Battles so far always seemed routine. Bad guys attack, Valvraves defend, bad guys retreat, rinse and repeat. Each episode showing either a new Valvrave or a new powerup. Just looked up and seems this series is 2 seasons but will be split? The next season will start airing in fall/winter. Hopefully it doesn't end in too much of a cliffhanger. I hate those.

I've been wanting the story to branch into more epic stuff. I guess they are reserving that for the second season. How L-Elf plans to make that "revolution" or whatever in Dorssia. Once it gets into that phase, I believe it could be great.

And Rukino ftmfw. Funny how I liked Shoko in the first few episodes, but quickly preferred Rukino once she was shown more. Now Shoko sometimes seems even a bit annoying. I wonder how she'll react to her father's death and specifically towards Haruto.

Good stuff.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-21-2013, 12:04 AM
[ASL]_ELISA_-_Kakumeiki_Valvrave_ED2_-_Soba_ni_Iru_yo_[FLAC]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=444425)
[ASL]_ELISA_-_Kakumeiki_Valvrave_ED2_-_Soba_ni_Iru_yo_[MP3]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=444426)

Good episode. Haruto manned up and took some responsibility for is actions and didn't side step it. He just proposed to Rukino. I wonder how he will deal with killing Shoko's dad now. He is gonna have to own up to that too. Kinda sad that Rukino was gonna use the sex to lock him into a relationship though. Guess it wasn't rape. She wanted that bad

I still consider it rape, or at the very least sexual assault. It's just that being forced to have sex with the guy she likes isn't the worst thing that's happened to Saki. Had she the choice, she would very much rather Haruto have sex with her willingly or not at all. Given the situation though, she accepted it as it was and used it to the best of her ability instead of mopping spilt water.

Last week had a bigger shock factor (sexual stuff usually does, and because it was Saki). I felt almost as bad for Shoko this week even though she's probably the worse off of the two. Her dad just died, she won't tell anybody besides a few confidants that the price of victory was her dad - and she just lost her love interest. Akira will be a bit shaky from from her communication backlash and I doubt Marie can cover all the gaps. L-Elf shouldn't have plans to conquer her romantically but it might not be a bad thing at the moment.

And Rukino ftmfw. Funny how I liked Shoko in the first few episodes, but quickly preferred Rukino once she was shown more. Now Shoko sometimes seems even a bit annoying. I wonder how she'll react to her father's death and specifically towards Haruto.

I liked Shoko until she died, then I fell for Saki. After Shoko got revived, I was still kinda iffy.. but it goes to Saki. Shoko has the whole sunshine factor, but was (up until now) rather sheltered and naively upbeat - probably what the Module needed. Saki was more pragmatic and dark about everything. She has her flaws, but that looks more like character to me.

I also feel that L-Elf has a plan for Commander Cain.

That's exactly what I thought when Cain said "Lure the enemy in" as he's entering the module. xD

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-27-2013, 08:48 PM
gg - Episode 12 (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=446934)

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 06-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Another great episode. No wonder ARUS didn't give a crap about JIOR and the Valavraves. They were in on it too. I am actually excited to watch this. Too bad there is only one more episode and the second season isn't out until October.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Hmm, Saki looked like she aged a little. That means:

1) It was just her dress (I don't think so)
2) They age until their mid-20s
3) They age indefinitely, just slowly
4) She had her curse removed after some time.

I'm going with either 2 or 3.

As for the purple unit, I hope that the weapon allows her to tap her mind into the machine (ie it sets up an interface between it and her mind even though there is none), instead of just being an auto-hack weapon. I doubt that's the case but it would be much better if it was because then it'd need actual skill. On the other hand, none of the other pilots got their "skill" from any prior knowledge (though I think Haruto benefits from L-Elf's marksmanship when he uses his body to pilot instead).

The heat transfer idea shouldn't have worked based on how little surface area there is. It should have been some sort of form-fitting equipment (like a net) instead of an iron. Oh well.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 06-28-2013, 05:44 AM
Oh that was Rukino in the opening. I honestly was not paying attention. Guess that explains why that kid has Haruto's face. Doesn't explain why he has L-Elf's hair though. I do wish they would show more people in these future previews. I would like to see how the others look.

The heat transfer should not have worked period on Yamada's unit due to the speed of his punches. Then again, this show hasn't really been good with the scientific explanations.

I liked Akira's backstory. I was a little skeptical when they talked about her being bullied, but then they showed how she was bullied. I really don't understand how people let them get away with what they did to her.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 06-28-2013, 06:12 AM
I liked Akira's backstory. I was a little skeptical when they talked about her being bullied, but then they showed how she was bullied. I really don't understand how people let them get away with what they did to her.

I don't know, but Japan has some pretty appalling bullying issues. It's pretty mind-blowing.

Inazuma
Fri, 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't know, but Japan has some pretty appalling bullying issues. It's pretty mind-blowing.
Thank you Buff,
Actually, it's so bad, that if japanese students behaved the same way in France for example, they would get jail time.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-11-2013, 12:30 AM
gg - Episode 13 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=481740)

-------------------------------

It's back! I suppose it makes sense for Haruto to made do with L-Elf since he doesn't want to ravage his fiance. It's a good excuse to sell to the female fans anyway. I don't think Haruto watches many commercials though, or he'd learn that Saki is pretty encouraging of people releasing their inner beasts.

I can't imagine Haruto and Shouko getting together now. Their distance has drifted so far apart with her becoming Prime Minister. It's not like the characters have actually changed, but their experiences are so different now. Combine that with the secrets that they're keeping, and they don't have much to talk about even if they set a time.

Takahi's uniform: especially made with custom cleavage window. xD

edit: I kinda like the new song. The verses are better than the chorus though.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 10-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Awesome. My weekly dose of robot action is back. Watching Yamada do those poses in the background was hilarious.

Looking at Rukino and Shouko, it could possibly turn out that Rukino gets with L-Elf or Haruto before this ends. Her child that was shown last season looked like a mix between Haruto and L-Elf so I guess we will see how that turns out. I do kinda of wonder if L-Elf will eventually dry out or if the other pilots will develop a similar hunger.

And as always Valvrave delivers on its openings.

vejita613
Fri, 10-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Is it wrong that I giggle like a little school girl everytime I hear Takehito Koyasu? Him just being in any anime series bumps it up a few notches on the awesome scale.

New OP is going to take some getting used to. Same performers, which is awesome, but the tone is very different.

The whole rune aspect seems like an interesting angle. I've never been one for random blood sucking vampire element thrown into a series for no reason, but here it kind of makes sense. It also makes me wonder if Haruto is still alive during the time skip as, if memory serves me correctly, we saw the Valvrave still operational.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Trollrave, you're so bad you're good.

Holy shit I still hate all those Dorssian asshole pilots. Especially the immature one, Q-feuille. Hate him the most. One of those douchebag pilots needs to get killed off. They just harass the shit out of Module 77, then flee at the last minute every time. I just want one of the valvraves to crush their escape pod in an extremely brutal manner. Do it for Aina.
Intentionally misspelt his name with a Kiddy Girl-and character's!

@Felix: It's definitely going to be Haruto x Rukino, and L-Elf x Shouko. The scene where L-Elf was talking to Shouko while she studied international law had her softening toward him, she appreciated his concern in a very mature (and sexy!) manner. I think she's realized that Haruto has been so distant from her for so long, and increasingly closer to Rukino, that she's had to give up her long-hidden love, the same way Haruto reluctantly gave her up after he became a vampire in the first place. The two of them respect each other.

Of course, we all know now that it is all about...hold on, order is important here...L-Elf x Haruto.

edit:
Or is it Haruto x L-Elf after all!?!

:3

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
I do kinda of wonder if L-Elf will eventually dry out or if the other pilots will develop a similar hunger.

I think it'll only be Haruto, unless he dies or something. The clue is that Haruto's hunger will disable all the valvraves. Satisfying that will refill them in the same manner. His is also the only drive to contain Pino, so it's like all the other ones are slave-raves to his master-rave.

Also regarding that future-scene.. was it clear that the child was Saki's son? What I mean is.... what if it was her grandson, explaining the Dorssian-blood mixing in?

lelouch
Fri, 10-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Haruto is such a little bitch for this curse thing. No one else is complaining. "Oh no, I need to be a little emo pussy bitch and destroy the greatest defense our country has, because I gotta nibble on some dude's neck (who tried to kill us all just a few months ago and planted a tracker on me!) every couple days."

"Oh no one else should be able to feel the awesomeness of piloting one of these beast machines, even though they ALL want to, because I'm deciding for them that having to nibble on necks is too much for humans to handle. Ohhh.. the horrorrrr.."

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-11-2013, 09:48 PM
Haruto is such a little bitch for this curse thing. No one else is complaining. "Oh no, I need to be a little emo pussy bitch and destroy the greatest defense our country has, because I gotta nibble on some dude's neck (who tried to kill us all just a few months ago and planted a tracker on me!) every couple days."

"Oh no one else should be able to feel the awesomeness of piloting one of these beast machines, even though they ALL want to, because I'm deciding for them that having to nibble on necks is too much for humans to handle. Ohhh.. the horrorrrr.."

No one else is in the position to complain either. He's the only one to have undergone memory blanks and rape. From what we can tell, he's the only one who will suffer from the ill effects of the valvraves, as glossed on in the above post.

The peaceful solution would be to set up a blood donation bank, but that's too mellow for anime. Or animal blood. Carnal knowledge somehow works too.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 10-11-2013, 09:51 PM
You could be right Buff. It might not be Saki's son. L-Elf is infatuated with that pink haired girl who basically married him so it wouldn't make sense for him to get with anyone else.

In his Haruto's defense, he did rape one of his friends. He could potentially do the same thing or worse to another one of his friends again. I think he has a right to be emotional about his status. Also, the only one he has around to drain are his friends so that also complicates things.

shinta|hikari
Sat, 10-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Definitely HarutoxL-Elf.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-12-2013, 04:24 AM
Also regarding that future-scene.. was it clear that the child was Saki's son? What I mean is.... what if it was her grandson, explaining the Dorssian-blood mixing in?Why did either of you believe she was directly related at all? She appears much more like a governess, nanny, or some other variety of highly-trusted, extremely high ranking servant/teacher to the child.

Either way, the much more concerning spot of that scene is the emblem on her leg. Haruto's inner eye has one like that, but we've seen it on the members of the evil council too (I believe it is on the evil commander's neck, can't remember the episode though).

In his Haruto's defense, he did rape one of his friends. He could potentially do the same thing or worse to another one of his friends again. I think he has a right to be emotional about his status. Also, the only one he has around to drain are his friends so that also complicates things.That friend is also more than happy to let him ravish her whenever he needs it. She seems to already regret pushing away his proposal, though it was good that she did so because it was out of guilt and not love (now she'll have to wait until he asks her again!). She's willing to have him take her to keep the rest of his friends safe. Rukino probably knows more about what he's going through and how he is suffering more than anyone else, she was mostly willing the first time, and is completely willing this time...

...and instead he choses the boys love method.

She probably shouldn't have chosen the words she did, he might have gone for it.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-12-2013, 06:13 AM
There is no actual evidence to point to the child and Rukino are related. I used my words to suggest that if they're relayed, they're not necessarily mother/son. A note was made that the kid resembled Haruto and currently Saki is the only one some of us can imagine him hooking up with, so the above reasoning isn't.. well, unreasonable either.

David75
Sat, 10-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Haruto's close girls flashs came as Rukino and then Shouko. So Rukino has the edge for now.

If the boy from the flashback is Rukino, it can easily explain why he ressembles L-Elf... Remember the body swap the vampire powers allow?
Haruto's mind in L-Elf body, raping Rukino... The usual SGU body swaping sex in anime...

FelixZeroAlastor
Thu, 10-17-2013, 11:33 PM
[gg]_Valvrave_the_Liberator_-_14_[621F958B] (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=483955)

----------------------

Jeez. Satomi was an ass to Akira. Then again, his parents were the worst. With that kind of pressure, he was going to lose either way. I am surprised that they even punished Akira. She hacked top level security in one night. You'd think that would garner some sort of praise from the government at least. If she could hack their systems, I am pretty sure she could make a perfect score on their rest.

That friend is also more than happy to let him ravish her whenever he needs it. She seems to already regret pushing away his proposal, though it was good that she did so because it was out of guilt and not love (now she'll have to wait until he asks her again!). She's willing to have him take her to keep the rest of his friends safe. Rukino probably knows more about what he's going through and how he is suffering more than anyone else, she was mostly willing the first time, and is completely willing this time...

...and instead he choses the boys love method.

She probably shouldn't have chosen the words she did, he might have gone for it.

I wasn't referring to just Rukino. I meant everyone around him in general being at risk. He did almost rape/bite the blonde girl too. I think his state of mind was that he could do that to anyone as L-Elf and Rukino won't always be there to hit him in the chest.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Jeez. Satomi was an ass to Akira. Then again, his parents were the worst. With that kind of pressure, he was going to lose either way. I am surprised that they even punished Akira. She hacked top level security in one night. You'd think that would garner some sort of praise from the government at least. If she could hack their systems, I am pretty sure she could make a perfect score on their rest.

I don't think that badly of Satomi, but that scene was really hard to interpret. Did Satomi ask his sister to hack the university system for him? Based on the early scenes, I don't think so. She did it on her own accord.

But then she was really surprised when he denied knowing anything about the hacking. Sure, he knows why she did it, but he didn't ask her. Was she expecting simple "help" from him and was surprised at the refusal, or did he really ask her for help and just denied the entire thing?

I'm tending to believe the former, and I can't blame Satomi for that.

As for the whole bullying thing that came afterwards.. yeah, Satomi's a bit of an ass. He was either trying to keep clean, detested bypassing the system as a moral, or just didn't know how to face his sister after the fact that he didn't help her during the interrogation. She deserved help regardless based on the fact that she was being harassed though. Hacking or not, she doesn't deserve that.

"She's good at hacking, I'll have her on my side" isn't traditional wisdom, that's for sure. If my brother robbed a bank to pay for my university fees, society in general certainly wouldn't appreciate his talents. If someone is going to bail him out and use his talents, it'd be someone like the military. I do like that line of thinking though. It's optimistic and sees the potential of using skills constructively. I think Microsoft hired hackers as interns or something a few years ago.

I kind of wish Takahi would end up with someone else though. He's a wimp still. And everybody wants to stick something in that loud mouth of hers. :D

Marie? - too many death flags!

The whole landing thing didn't make any sense. "Latching" onto another ship either means diving into another Ring (they didn't do), or crashing onto another flying aircraft to soften their land (not shown).

edit: the only other explanation I can think of is that they're trying to avoid hitting another vehicle while landing. The main talk was about burning up though, so it still doesn't fit the overall picture.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 10-18-2013, 05:46 PM
The whole landing thing didn't make any sense. "Latching" onto another ship either means diving into another Ring (they didn't do), or crashing onto another flying aircraft to soften their land (not shown).

edit: the only other explanation I can think of is that they're trying to avoid hitting another vehicle while landing. The main talk was about burning up though, so it still doesn't fit the overall picture.

I think it will make more sense in the next episode. I believe what they wanted to do was have a ship they could use to go undetected. That ship got compromised, so they crash landed near one they could steal which just happened to be in Dorrisia. This is just speculation going off them looking at that aircraft carrier in the preview.

Is Marie the black haired girl who fondled Akira? I hope it doesn't turn out that she is a Dorissian or something.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Marie? - too many death flags!Eh? I'm not sure I follow what gave you this impression.

Sure, she noticed Haruto's vampiric healing factor, but so does everyone else who has seen him get hurt or shot. Everyone who has is now part of Haruto and L-Elf's inner circle. Akira needs a new friend since Shouko has to stay onboard Module 77. She's Shouko's best friend, and Shouko is Akira's only friend. It's only natural.

I kinda like that Satomi and Akira make the perfect pair. She can hack into anything, and he can process raw data feeds better than anyone else. He's not that smart overall, and she can barely function. I do actually wonder if they are biological siblings. She doesn't look like the rest of her family at all.

Definite laughs at her failed attempts at stealth with a "Sunrise" box. Of course it doesn't work in zero-G...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-18-2013, 06:44 PM
Eh? I'm not sure I follow what gave you this impression.

Noticing Haruto's healing factor.

Also, she's become good friends with our prime minister and hacker while having no appreciable skill of her own. She's disposable yet will elicit an emotional response. She's also rather mature/perceptive in a way.. and if you don't have any real muscle to keep you alive.. you could run into trouble from learning things you shouldn't have.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM
They already played that card with Aina!

shinta|hikari
Sun, 10-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Sunrise likes to play pair or triple cards.

Not saying it is a death flag, but a similar event before is not really negative evidence in this specific case.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-25-2013, 05:10 AM
gg - Episode 15 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=486327)

[ASL]_ELISA_-_Kakumeiki_Valvrave_ED3_-_REALISM_[FLAC]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=485327)
[ASL]_ELISA_-_Kakumeiki_Valvrave_ED3_-_REALISM_[MP3]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=485328)

[ASL]_Mizuki_Nana_T_M_Revolution_-_Kakumeiki_Valvrave_OP2_-_Kakumei_Dualism_[MP3]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=485320)
[ASL]_Mizuki_Nana_T_M_Revolution_-_Kakumeiki_Valvrave_OP2_-_Kakumei_Dualism_[FLAC]_[w_Scans].rar (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=485319)
-------------------------------

I'm not wrong! (I'm just not right :p ) Seems like the 11yo Saki talked about at the beginning of the ep was Marie then.

So now we know that it's likely many more people became immortal besides the current pilots. I wonder what happens when you die in a controlled body (for example, if Saki died right now). I doubt the regeneration extends there, so she can either die or return to her normal body. If it's the former then something interesting (ie death) could happen to the immortal crew, while if the latter was true then the control technique requires some sort of communication between the original and taken bodies, allowing it to be interrupted somehow.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 10-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Jeez this season is doing much better than the first thus far. Pino consumed Marie's memories. It will be interesting to see what she knows.

Maybe if the body they control is killed, all they need to do is have their original body bite the dead body. Is say this due to what Future Rukino said about being immortal. Maybe if the controlled body dies, it becomes a cage for your soul.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-01-2013, 12:24 AM
gg - Episode 16 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=488709)

----------------------------------------

You know, I really didn't give a shit about Marie or how "poor" she was until the final 2 minutes or so. She seems to be the only one who actually loses memories. Everybody else just powers on the DNA that Haruto collects. Someone can enlighten me on how sex does the same thing though. Is it "generating memories"? Or did it actually work because Saki collected Haruto's "genetic information" instead?

I'm going to assume that Saki and Akira's bodies were transported onto the main ship with the main group of students and weren't left to rot in the wasteland.

So Dorrisia used to be ruled by a royal family (whom the Royalists support), but now there's a new rule by.. a princess? Kind of weird to call the previous monarchy "royalty" and not the new one. She was also a lot more cute when she was younger. The new princess is a little creepy. I'd rather talk to Pino instead of her, and that's saying something.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-01-2013, 05:15 PM
She seems to be the only one who actually loses memories. Everybody else just powers on the DNA that Haruto collects.

So Dorrisia used to be ruled by a royal family (whom the Royalists support), but now there's a new rule by.. a princess? Kind of weird to call the previous monarchy "royalty" and not the new one. She was also a lot more cute when she was younger. The new princess is a little creepy. I'd rather talk to Pino instead of her, and that's saying something.Haruto powers the other Valvraves because he's contracted with Pino. Don't forget that Runes are anything information. He gets information from the DNA of people he bites, their memories, his memories, the things he sees when he's going around all crazy, etc.

The difference is what Pino said. Marie doesn't have a limiter. She dumps raw, complete memories into Pino, who consumes them immediately to operate, and memories are the best kind of information. Tremendous input, tremendous output.

Haruto must subconsciously restrict the runes that Pino is given. He doesn't give her full memories, he limits what runes he lets her eat. Maybe he lets her eat the color of Takahi's ribbon on the day he and Shouko had the eating contest, or the temperature of the pool water three months ago, or even whether a particular leaf on a tree was moving in the wind. Meaningless trivialities, but runes are runes. They are the information equivalent of subatomic particles.

We're not really sure what the hell that machine was, it looked like a cross between an iron maiden and a portable sauna, except it had the massive heating coils we've seen used to fry the Valvraves. "Creepy" doesn't quite cover it. I get the feeling she's not really the same Princess that L-Elf remembers. She's probably one of the Council of A Hundred and One like her brother is now, taken over by one of the Magius.

I also assume the current Dorssian Prince and Princess aren't the same royals.

Edit: Actually, I'm sure of it. She was taken over at some point between the time L-Elf met her and now. The symbol on the front of the iron maiden sauna was the same clover that the Council uses, seen when one of the others took over her brother.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-08-2013, 09:03 AM
gg - Episode 17 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=490930)

-------------------------

The symbol on the front of the iron maiden sauna was the same clover that the Council uses, seen when one of the others took over her brother

Her brother is the ex-royal one-eye? Or Cain?

In any case, good eye. We finally know why the princess needed "saving", in L-Elf's opinion.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-08-2013, 09:50 AM
The princess lost her privilege of salvation by L-Elf by growing up.

What the hell is with the stupid name L-Elf anyway? It is almost hilarious how we have been calling him that all this time without cracking up.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-08-2013, 08:04 PM
It's an alphanumeric letter and a german number for each of them.

L-Elf = L11
A-drei = A3
H-nuen = H9
Q-vier = Q4
X-eins = X1

If I remember right, Rukino is currently in Something-Zwolf = _12

I assume it is a method to somewhat dehumanize them at the Karlstein Institute. They are meant to be emotionless killing machines, not children. They give them a bit of freedom once they are teens though, and they start to redevelop a personality.

If H-nuen has been taken over or killed, who will hit on Kreimhild?!

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-08-2013, 09:14 PM
If H-nuen has been taken over or killed, who will hit on Kreimhild?!

Was H-nuen talking to his sister on the phone? I thought she might have been Kreinhild. Maybe they're the same person. :p

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-09-2013, 05:05 AM
No, he calls her "nee-san," because she's older than they are. They're upper teens, she's 26. It's actually rather disrespectful since she's also their superior officer. She is second in command under Cain (who it turns out was also possessed in the last few years).

With all the permanent possessions (or possible death in H-nuen's case) of people who are actually good, this series has gotten rather bleak. Makes me want to see Haruto and pals kill off the council even harder. Thankfully we know that Haruto's camarilla uses a three pointed star instead of the clover.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-22-2013, 01:50 AM
gg - Episode 19 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=495308)

-----------------------------

Lisellote was a super-granny from the start?! Hmm.. my brain is now confused since I don't know what sort of mental image to give her. It's hard to gauge the "age" of her soul too. Well, now that she's dead there's very good reason for L-Elf to head down that road too in the future. It also once again calls for the return of the L-Elf x Haruto pairing. My money says that both of them die together to make a better country.

I'm not all together sure how the runes worked to seal a leaking tank, but it suggests that runes may also be consumed when the pilots regenerate from injuries. L-Elf suggested that they may die from decapitation, but with this thought in mind they could die from regeneration overuse as well.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Obviously, now that he's lost Lieselotte, L-Elf will obviously pair with Shouko and start the empire we see in the flashfoward segments. They set the groundwork for the pairing back in the previous season. Haruto may think that humans and vampires (since they're more than Magius, they have immortal bodies) can be together, but they really can't. Shouko and L-Elf will create a legacy, with the various vampires serving as guardians, servants, and teachers. Haruto will probably be reduced to a mindless, all-consuming shell, while the others dutifully serve the descendants of the Emperor and Empress. Haruto makes the ultimate sacrifice to ensure that his friends can keep the Sashinami Line strong.

I was surprised she turned out to be a Magius the entire time. I really expected her to have been taken over between their two meetings. I guess their meeting was when she decided to betray her own kind.

Q-vier needs to die. Badly. He's worse than Cain. I'm really pissed that L-Elf decided to play it honorably and not just shoot out his kneecaps. An off-screen 'death' for H-neun sucks. One of those little pricks needs to die, and Q-vier needs it the most. I don't even want it to be a clean explosion death. I want it to be messy, and I'd love it even more if Shouko did it with a handgun. Kriemhild would also be acceptable.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 11-22-2013, 10:56 PM
That was quite unexpected. Didn't think she was possessed from the start. I didn't expect her to die in such a lame way either. It was awesome to see L-Elf go all out though. L-Elf will clearly go for the Magius's throat once Haruto tells him what she said when they were alone.

Hopefully the ending isn't as predictable as you said Ryll. Then again, they don't really have enough episodes left to properly finish this show.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Sunrise will tell us to watch the finale in cinemas 2016 :p

Xelbair
Sat, 11-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Q-vier needs to die. Badly. He's worse than Cain. I'm really pissed that L-Elf decided to play it honorably and not just shoot out his kneecaps. An off-screen 'death' for H-neun sucks. One of those little pricks needs to die, and Q-vier needs it the most. I don't even want it to be a clean explosion death. I want it to be messy, and I'd love it even more if Shouko did it with a handgun. Kriemhild would also be acceptable.

It would be ideal if he, Q-retard, died in S1 honestly... Cain is needed as a character to counter L-Elfs overpowered planning skills.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Valvrave - 20 [gg] (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=497792)

----------------

Damn you Valvrave cliffhangers! It's not that we didn't expect the Magius to do something evil. Let's face it, they're the bad part of the Dorssian empire, who while otherwise strict, harsh, and no worse than any other country. Dorssia has their Karlstein Institute, JIOR has its Sakimori High School, ARUS probably has something just as bad, but they aren't a real player.

The problem is that they wait until the end of an overall fluffy episode to do it!

I guess H-neun, killed or possessed, still had something in mind to overthrow the conspiracy. He seems to have hidden some kind of data in his earrings, knowing they would be overlooked. I'm eager to see how far before his death the material covers. If X-eins (the least douchey of the remaining three) is wary of the attempts to take over his body, he may be able to ally with Kriemhild's organization.

Speaking of which, I'm not really sure who they are supporting. The brother is the one in power, and is a royal. They seemed to be defending Lieselotte...who was a Magius anyway. They've been getting played the whole time I guess.

What does surprise me is that Haruto hasn't told Shouko about L-Elf's problem. She will definitely be the only one who can bring him out of his funk, because she experienced the exact same thing last season. True, Haruto doesn't know about that incident, but he should know better than anyone that Shouko is still the person best suited to cheer other people up, and she has L-Elf's trust the same as Haruto.

I'm honestly not quite sure how they are going to save Rukino, but I am very interested in how it occurs and the fallout among Module 77 when it happens. I suspect that A-drei will free her, given the look he was giving her in the lockup area. The two of them had quite a number of trust-building moments when she was possessing the other little kid, and I suspect that she was forced to tell A-drei everything.

The real question is why all the scientists just fled. Did they just cripple the Valvrave with the new add-on and flee back to Dorssia to continue their work? We know they're scumbags, but I'm not sure what they're getting out of betraying the fruits of their research again. Perhaps they've moved their loyalties to the Magius? It's still strange, considering the Magius think the Valvrave Vampires are the only true threat to them.

I should have marathoned this season too...

edit:
I called it a fluff episode...but look how much I wrote. Fuck this show, toying with my emotions.

Sunrise will tell us to watch the finale in cinemas 2016 :p
I'm terrified that your joke is actually the truth. Maybe we're getting another whole 12 episodes later.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-29-2013, 11:06 AM
I was half serious when I made that comment. I'm totally expecting it actually. Perhaps I'm even hoping for it so that they won't have an excuse (lack of episodes) to do a shitty job.

I actually rather like A-Drei. He's a pretty cool guy besides his love for L-Elf. Perhaps he'll rescue Saki after some info from info from X-Eins. I'm pretty sure their loyalty would wane once they learn that the current Cain isn't the Cain they admired from long ago.

Xelbair
Fri, 11-29-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm 80% sure that scientists were abducted by ARUS.

lelouch
Sun, 12-01-2013, 03:39 AM
Yeah ARUS have already proven themselves to be real dicks before. Hopefully if JOIR loses its outside support, the scientists can create a new Varvrave bunduru in time for the dorsian attack.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 12-06-2013, 01:13 AM
[gg]_Valvrave_the_Liberator_-_21_[8AFE76E0].mkv (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=499779)

------------------------

Interesting turn of events. I would really like to know how they got all of those people onto the Phantom without anyone noticing.

The President of Arus will get his soon enough and I cannot wait until that happens. He is such a dick. He clearly knows what is going on to some extent and he still murders 90% of the school.

Hopefully L-Elf stops being useless in the next episode. I'm expecting practically all the remaining students to get into Haruto's Valavrave considering they just launched into deep space with no supplies.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Shoko just fell incredibly in my ranking of who needs to survive.

I was ecstatic seeing how she must have felt when she realized betraying Haruto was a grave mistake. Spending 3 minutes listening to Haruto's story was probably the most useful time she could have spent in her entire life, but no, Haruto forgot all about their cave adventure. thereby negating every single thing he had done for everyone until now.

Haruto x Rukino ftw.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-06-2013, 03:23 AM
The President of Arus will get his soon enough and I cannot wait until that happens. He is such a dick. He clearly knows what is going on to some extent and he still murders 90% of the school.

Wasn't he the one who was taken to Earth and possessed? He's either a Magius (if I'm right) or he was watching the repossession (because he was there) and knows everything. That's how everything was set up.

The PR was handled horribly by the school. Everyone was flustered, and it really pisses me off when I watch that because all it takes is plan before hand how you would deliver news to a party that is shocked by it. I've done that a long time ago.

They always start with "Is what they said true?" or some other form of question. That's good. You want an answer? Well shut up and fucking listen. You'll say it with nicer words of course. "You want to know the truth. You'd better listen hard then." You need a calm demeanour, one that dares them to listen to the truth. Desperateness doesn't get you anywhere. It makes you seem afraid. And to ARUS, you're afraind because you're lying. Because it's true (the story on TV).

L-Elf could have handled this. His incapacity costed Module 77 dearly.

I only just realised why stupid people are called tools. They're tools because they're used by the smart people. Episodes like this make me want to bitchslap all of humanity, because it is bound to happen in real life.

While I harbour rage towards the stupid humans, I have a strange form of respect the Magius this episode (perhaps Cain specifically). The tragedy for M-77 highlights just how well played this card was. I still wish they die horribly, but I acknowledge their manipulation here.

The main teacher from M-77 should hold an announcement in the hall for the students to inform them. Don't broadcast it over the wire because that's desperate and will be seen as a lie. Only give the info for those who turn up to the school hall. They're also obliged to listen since that's why they turn up. And the ones that decide not to show up? Fuck them. They're stupid. They've got plenty of memories though, so you might as well stick them in the Phantom to fuel the valvraves since they're more harm than good otherwise.

(PS: don't announce that last part, just do it discretely)

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-06-2013, 05:03 AM
The ARUS president it still human, but he's in on the conspiracy. He was brought to the ceremony as a threat, like, "See? This is what will happen if you don't cooperate." The Magius wouldn't switch to an already old body.

What I don't understand is how they blame the Phantom on Module 77. They have Magius markings, and are obviously of Dorssian make.

Losing a Valvrave is a big deal. Not so much losing a pilot (who I wasn't real fond of anyway), but the unit is a HUGE loss to Module 77.

This episode showed pretty well why they are willing to start a an empire. They're more than happy to annihilate their enemies now, and anyone who betrayed them. Some 60% of the Earth have declared outright war on them.
Shoko just fell incredibly in my ranking of who needs to survive.

I was ecstatic seeing how she must have felt when she realized betraying Haruto was a grave mistake. Spending 3 minutes listening to Haruto's story was probably the most useful time she could have spent in her entire life, but no, Haruto forgot all about their cave adventure. thereby negating every single thing he had done for everyone until now.

Haruto x Rukino ftw.
That's the way it was always meant to be. This season without a lot of Rukino time has been bumming me out. It looks like once A-Drei finds out his super best bud L-Elf wasn't really betraying them, but taking the first opportunity to get what he wants, A-Drei'll happily switch sides, at the very least to the royalists.

lelouch
Fri, 12-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Holy shit that was a hard episode to watch.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 12-13-2013, 12:53 AM
[gg]_Valvrave_the_Liberator_-_22_[5AB95076].mkv (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=501919)

-----------------------------------------------

Man, now that was some poorly done CG effects. Looked like a low budget video game. Other than that, this was a waste of an episode. This will most likely turn into the Revolutionaries and New Jior vs everyone else.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-21-2013, 11:09 PM
gg - Episode 23 (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=504384)

----------------------------------------

I totally did not expect the Dorrisian guy to heal. If Cain also did that, then I forgot about it. That means the only advantage that the holy spirits have over possessed humans are their lifespan.

At this rate it looks like we will finish up in the next two episodes.

Yamada's death didn't leave me with any hard feelings, though Haruto's screaming did ultimately make me tense up towards the end. Saki's also forced to protect the new empire till the end even though Haruto must have incapacitated himself creating it. This leaves Haruto's Unit 1, Saki's Camilla and Akira's purple #6 still operational to fight the one that Cain stole.

edit: Valvrave 2014 calendar jpegs. (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=504715) - something for both guys and girls.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Nothorriblesubs - Episode 24 (End?) (http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=506212)

------------------------------------

That was.. slightly underwhelming for a final episode. The fights were good and all, but it just leaves some questions unanswered I suppose. Did everybody just become Holy Spirits after the fight because they can/wanted to? Did A-drei have a kid with either Saki or the other chick? If they're voluntarily immortal now, who gives them runes to feed on? Pino needs runes to fight, and we've seen that the valvraves haven't finished fighting either.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-27-2013, 02:01 PM
So Haruto died just like that?

And Shoko just cried and moved on? I really hope she is suffering, but knowing her, she probably is quite bright and cheery again. I wanted her broken and despairing in regret.

Haruto deserved a better end.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-27-2013, 03:03 PM
Not particular happy with the ending, but I'm also not particularly upset about it.

- Q-vier died, but not as horribly as I had hoped.
- Pino didn't lose her brother in yet another tragedy ending for the being that made this all possible.
- Haruto died and Shoko has to live with how the two of them ended things...forever!
- Kriemhild's dress at the wedding...
- Apparently a lot of alien species pop in to attack the solar system?

I certainly hope Takahi is immortal as well as Renboukouji, that would be kind of a bad ending, seeing them getting married and then knowing only he was immortal later.

The flashforward I'm still really curious about is the one where Rukino is fighting around Jupiter or Saturn or whichever it was in the first season, and it was several years after the happy ending flashforwards. The dialogue from the sequence implied things weren't going too well for their empire.

FelixZeroAlastor
Fri, 12-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Well I figured it would be underwhelming but not that bad. Poor battles and quick unnecessary deaths. The guy with the glasses died stupidly and Q-Vier didn't suffer enough. At least they didn't kill Akira, Kriemhild, or that hot teacher.

I may be misinterpreting things but my impressions for unanswered questions are as followed.

I am going to assume the students who wanted became holy spirits while those who did not want to didn't.
A-Drei cleary clearly had a three way with Kriemhild and Saki considering the looks he got from them.
The students don't need Runes to survive since they are hybrids of Spirits and Humans hence why they lose their own memories. Only Pino and her brother do but they have hundreds of years to feed off of Shoko.
The kid is probably A-Drei's son. Would make sense seeing how him and L-Elf talked about their plans for the future.
Shoko is doomed to forever wander the cosmos in regret for being a stupid bitch.
L-Elf did Saki on the side and we can not tell of that is really A-Drei's son due to this.
Mankind is split between those who still want them dead, those who don't, and those who don't care.

I am mad we didn't get to see where their empire was located and what it looked like. I also find it dumb that they still use the same Valvraves with no upgrades even after hundreds of years. We didn't even get to kill the Arus president for his voluntary slaughter of hundreds of children.

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-28-2013, 06:29 AM
We didn't even get to kill the Arus president for his voluntary slaughter of hundreds of children.I have to give credit to that slimy bastard.

He knew the whole time that the Council were exactly the same. But the moment Module 77 revealed the truth, he stopped attacking them, then turned it around get himself out from under the Council's thumb, and got rid of his own internal enemies with the excuse that the most influential people were Magius.

He wasn't president of 30% of the world for no reason. He's a cowardly-opportunist version of L-Elf.

Then we can presume ARUS resumed neutrality, and a good half of Dorssia joined with the new empire. Whoever was left over still trying to kill off all vampires was left to scrap together their own little country/resistance.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Yep. The council lost their war when the president decided to weasel his way from underneath them as well. If he was content with being their pawn, the Module wouldn't have won.