PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 705

Marik
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/705)

Assertn
Wed, 04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Shit's getting real(er). CP-0 and an Admiral with 3 battleships? I'm going to have to assume the coliseum isn't going to make it to the finals.

Abdula
Wed, 04-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Lol. So many people get taken out off-screen. Well things are getting pretty interesting now, with so many different factions vying for the mera-mera fruit and the marines preparing to take some action. Can't believe i just saw secretious though, seriously that is just bad.

toonice714
Wed, 04-10-2013, 12:23 PM
This was kinda hard to follow towards the end. So is Gambia and Capman dead? Or did Gambia just pull sme kind of switch?

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
So I bet the Admiral will let Luffy get away at the end because he isnt like all the other pirates. Plus he seems to have a deep code of honor like Kuzan did.

Archangel
Wed, 04-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Remember those pics of Luffy on fire? I found something else

http://i.imgur.com/jCBESso.jpg

Dat Chekhov's gun.

Carnage
Wed, 04-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Nice find, I knew he mentioned something about that recently. And considering Franky has been in Vegapunk's lab, he probably knows how to feed the Fire Fruit to one of Zoro's katanas.

Assertn
Wed, 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM
I would be very surprised if Luffy allowed his brother's fruit to be given to a sword.

UChessmaster
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:05 PM
It`s possible the stolen sword is the one that gets it and then he gets the sword back.

Assertn
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:21 PM
That seems like a total waste of the fruit, though, considering that Kinemon could very capably teach Zoro how to control fire without the aid of an elemental logia fruit.

Archangel
Thu, 04-11-2013, 04:12 AM
I would be very surprised if Luffy allowed his brother's fruit to be given to a sword.
I honestly have no idea where you get this stuff from. What in Luffy's past has ever given the impression he wouldn't want Zoro's sword to have the fruit?

Carnage
Thu, 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM
That seems like a total waste of the fruit, though, considering that Kinemon could very capably teach Zoro how to control fire without the aid of an elemental logia fruit.

I dont think Kinemon can control fire, only cut through it.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Zoro and Sanji seem like they will NEVER eat a fruit. They've been relied on to swim so many times to save everyone that you need some non-fruit users aboard. Also if Zoro does get a fire-sword, if he swims would it just be a normal sword?

Assertn
Thu, 04-11-2013, 02:33 PM
I honestly have no idea where you get this stuff from. What in Luffy's past has ever given the impression he wouldn't want Zoro's sword to have the fruit?

I happen to know a thing or two about literary character development.

Seriously though, if Luffy won the tournament, do you think he would just hand it over to Franky to fuse it to Zoro's sword, or do you think he would straight up eat that thing on the spot?

Archangel
Thu, 04-11-2013, 03:01 PM
He already claimed he can't eat it, Luffy can still be spontaneous and silly without being suicidal.

Assertn
Thu, 04-11-2013, 03:08 PM
I suppose he did rationalize it that far, though luffy is clumsy enough to eat it anyway. Besides, it would be way more exciting for him to have that fruit.

Carnage
Thu, 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM
There is no way on god's green earth that Oda will straight up have the fruit be handed to the tournament winner and it be eaten like that.

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Alright I was really curious about that image posted above since I have no recollection,
Chapter 604

Assertn
Thu, 04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
There is no way on god's green earth that Oda will straight up have the fruit be handed to the tournament winner and it be eaten like that.

Because nobody has ever obtained a devil's power by just spontaneously eating a fruit before (luffy, momonosuke, buggy...)

Archangel
Thu, 04-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Alright I was really curious about that image posted above since I have no recollection,
Chapter 604

http://www.mangastream.to/one-piece-chapter-604-page-14.html

I'd trust Mangastream's translation over that one

Carnage
Thu, 04-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Because nobody has ever obtained a devil's power by just spontaneously eating a fruit before (luffy, momonosuke, buggy...)

Yeah, because the tournament going smoothly and the victor receiving his prize is clearly spontaneous.

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-11-2013, 06:42 PM

I didn't realize Mangastream had an archive... thanks
That is a huge difference in translation...

Abdula
Thu, 04-11-2013, 08:00 PM

I would too ordinarily except that Zoro's comment there is in no way related to the conversation the rest of them are having about water salinity and Luffy as usual being unable to understand so in context the other version makes sense. On the other hand though it could be just Zoro being Zoro and making a completely random comment. He and Luffy do go off and have their own conversation.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I think giving the mera-mera to a sword is a terrible idea. Given the level of power Ace displayed in his fight with Blackbeard putting that into a sword, a weapon anyone would be able to use would be a complete waste of its potential. Besides, if memory serves, all the devil-fruit weapons we have seen so far were zoan type. I don't see why anyone would give a sword a logia fruit.

toonice714
Sat, 04-13-2013, 06:12 AM
The other thing to take in to consideration if zoro's sword ate the fruit is.....could he hold it? I mean unless the sword would only be flamed from the hilt up then fine, but it could be a flamethrower, a fireball cannon, etc. it seems to me that all of its potential would be the furthest from blade like abilities. I recall Ace creating to cross like stabbing items against Blackbeard but he was in full control of the fruit. Thoughts?

Assertn
Mon, 04-15-2013, 01:38 AM
I would too ordinarily except that Zoro's comment there is in no way related to the conversation the rest of them are having about water salinity and Luffy as usual being unable to understand so in context the other version makes sense. On the other hand though it could be just Zoro being Zoro and making a completely random comment. He and Luffy do go off and have their own conversation.

Anyway I just wanted to say that I think giving the mera-mera to a sword is a terrible idea. Given the level of power Ace displayed in his fight with Blackbeard putting that into a sword, a weapon anyone would be able to use would be a complete waste of its potential. Besides, if memory serves, all the devil-fruit weapons we have seen so far were zoan type. I don't see why anyone would give a sword a logia fruit.

That is a good point as well. At least with the zoan types, the weapon has some sort of intelligence that allows it to transform in a way that synergizes with its wielder. How would a sword with the fire fruit be able to communicate with zoro at all, let alone actually share its power with him?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 04-15-2013, 07:27 AM
to quote something Oda said long ago about Zoro speaking with his mouth full - Zore speaks with his heart.
maybe that means he can also speak to the sword?