PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 627

Marik
Wed, 04-10-2013, 07:41 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/627)

MFauli
Wed, 04-10-2013, 08:16 AM
one thing i wanted to say for ages now: god i hate those ugly ass colored drawings at the start of each Naruto-chapter on mangapanda.

@topic: Nice chapter. Except I donīt like Orochimaru being good for good, now. Had hopes heīd still turn out to be the final villain of the series. Now, it seems, heīs just a plot tool to bring the Hokages and Sasuke to battlefield.
Also, are the Hokages getting on top of their stone faces for anything functional or is it really just Kishimoto going for a cool image?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Oro was such a joke back in the final days of his reign as the lead villain...... for him to come back and try and do anything after Sasuke already killed him would make little sense.

I agree tho his complete ease and compliance with everything..... without even so much as a hint at still being a crazy douchebag was kindof strange. I would have preferred some different dialogue out of him there, but it doesn't bother me enough to not enjoy these final moments of our journey reading this manga.

darkshadow
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:31 AM
That was good.

Carnage
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Man, Kishomoto blatantly doesn't take his story seriously anymore.

Prof. Chaos
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Sasuke will still fight Naruto at the end just to see if he surpassed him and then they will laugh.

Abdula
Wed, 04-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Hmmm, a pretty good chapter, which is freaking surprising. I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I've argued this before but Orochimaru was never evil, no more than Danzo was or Itachi was, or Nagato was or Sasuke was or Obito is or the kyuubi is. One of the few things I like about this series is that concepts like good and evil are abritrary. There is no embodiment of pure absolute evil in this manga, the closest thing we've seen to that was pts Gaara back when he used Shukaku. Orochimaru's reaction was very much in character. If you don't believe me then just reread his confrontations with Sasuke, Kakashi and Sarutobi during the chuinin exam or the Sanin battle or Orochimaru's battle with Naruto after the time skip.

viperwasp
Wed, 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm going to make this comment before reading what anyone else has to say. I am a little bit surprised. I was sure Sasuke would still do the wrong thing? And he might? I still think the final fight will be Sasuke VS Naruto somehow? But at overall this chapter to be completely honest felt really good. I think we needed something like this. I am mainly looking past Sasukes whole decision and stuff.

But I really liked this chapter, the conversations and everything. In my opinion it showed that these are more than just one directional characters. I liked everything even how oro explained his reasonings. There are parts of it I don't completely understand but I feel like this is a logical path for everything to head in. This chapter feels real to me. Something that Naruto has been lacking for a long, long time. I am willing to bet some of this will change! Something is going to happen. Depending on how this plays out it could be really stupid. But this is awesome...

Edit- Wow it seems that most of you have a similar opinion. I was expecting most of you to be pissed off at this chapter in every way. I admit things could still be better. But I am just going to roll with it and hope for the best.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 04-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I can't...I just can't...This is fucking insane. So now Sasuke is ready to go and help against Tobi, necessarily joining hands with Naruto and everyone else, who he *just* (in story time) tried to kill? I'm supposed to forget his attempt several attempts on Naruto and Sakura? His attack on the Shinobi alliance? The many murder's he's committed in the name of being an easily manipulated cry baby bitch? I'm supposed to believe Karin as a character after this? I guess the flip side of the coin is that this is the FIRST time we've seen him make a decision based on real information that wasn't skewed to sway him. Maybe I need the emotional music and dramtic pauses from the anime to swallow this, but right now, it's fucking unbelievable.

toonice714
Wed, 04-10-2013, 07:46 PM
I can't...I just can't...This is fucking insane. So now Sasuke is ready to go and help against Tobi, necessarily joining hands with Naruto and everyone else, who he *just* (in story time) tried to kill? I'm supposed to forget his attempt several attempts on Naruto and Sakura? His attack on the Shinobi alliance? The many murder's he's committed in the name of being an easily manipulated cry baby bitch? I'm supposed to believe Karin as a character after this? I guess the flip side of the coin is that this is the FIRST time we've seen him make a decision based on real information that wasn't skewed to sway him. Maybe I need the emotional music and dramtic pauses from the anime to swallow this, but right now, it's fucking unbelievable.

QFT!! I hope you guys know that once madara is dealt with they will call for sasuke's life. Then naruto will offer his in his stead. Right before he tries to take his life he will be stopped just like the first. Cue happy bullshit ending

UChessmaster
Wed, 04-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Hmmm, a pretty good chapter, which is freaking surprising. I don't know what you guys are complaining about. I've argued this before but Orochimaru was never evil, no more than Danzo was or Itachi was, or Nagato was or Sasuke was or Obito is or the kyuubi is. One of the few things I like about this series is that concepts like good and evil are abritrary. There is no embodiment of pure absolute evil in this manga, the closest thing we've seen to that was pts Gaara back when he used Shukaku. Orochimaru's reaction was very much in character. If you don't believe me then just reread his confrontations with Sasuke, Kakashi and Sarutobi during the chuinin exam or the Sanin battle or Orochimaru's battle with Naruto after the time skip.

There`s also Hidan and Kakuzu. In contrast, this is what I don`t like about the series, no one is evil besides the aforementioned zombies, it`s all just one huge misunderstanding that killed dad/mom/brother/sister/best friend/puppy. Kinda annoying.

Abdula
Wed, 04-10-2013, 10:53 PM
Ah yes the zombie bros. Yeah well I don't think Kakuzu counts and Hidan was such a joke of a character but if you wish to label those two as "evil" fine with me. I'm not going to argue it, unless you really really want me to:)

Yes. The entire point of the 'shinobi' alliance is for them to put their previous and relatively petty squabbles aside and join forces to stop Madara because if he wins, everything ends. Not forget no but put it aside for now, the Uchiha and the Senju did it when they joined forces to create Konoha, that is pretty much what this flashback was about.

Yeah you can put that aside for now too, pretty much the same way the Leaf didn't do anything against the Sand for allowing themselves to be manipulated into attacking them. The only murder you can legitimately argue that Sasuke could really be held accountable for is Danzo, who had to be taken care of one way or another. Deidara, Orochimaru and Itachi were all S ranked criminals anyway. As has been mentioned before if he had returned to Konoha after fighting Itachi he would have been welcomed with open arms, plus as was also mentioned all the other people Sasuke has faced in battle were not killed, for example (http://www.mangapanda.com/93-348-3/naruto/chapter-343.html). Karin is not a character, I have no idea what she is or why she exists. The only use she seems to have is her chakra sensing abilities and the only other significant things she has done is letting Sasuke bite and stab her. Funny that both she and Orochimaru mentioned Sasuke stabbing them.

Yes the flip side, this was going to happen anyway. There is the Naruto-Gaara parallel, not to mention Naruto's single minded determination to "save" Sasuke to prove his way of the ninja. Naruto's many speeches about how he is going to change the ninja world and what it means to be a shinobi once he becomes Hokage, pretty much since Haku died. We knew this was going to happen as soon as we found out the truth about Itachi. I honestly expected some moving speech by the revived Itachi to be Sasuke's turning point but this works too and it is far more plausible than Naruto winning him over with his power of friendship BS. Seriously this isn't Mortal Kombat, you don't friendship someone after you beat them.

QFT!! I hope you guys know that once madara is dealt with they will call for sasuke's life. Then naruto will offer his in his stead. Right before he tries to take his life he will be stopped just like the first. Cue happy bullshit ending Might happen but you seem to be ignoring the fact that Sasuke's help, and through him Orochimaru and the freaking undead Hokages, will be the deciding factor in this battle. Something I think we all knew from the beginning of this war. That in itself would be enough for the shinobi to grant Sasuke amnesty, something Naruto has been campaigning for and saving the world kinda does trump everything else.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 04-10-2013, 11:13 PM
e Uchiha Ah yes the zombie bros. Yeah well I don't think Kakuzu counts and Hidan was such a joke of a character but if you wish to label those two as "evil" fine with me. I'm not going to argue it, unless you really really want me to:)

Yes. The entire point of the 'shinobi' alliance is for them to put their previous and relatively petty squabbles aside and join forces to stop Madara because if he wins, everything ends. Not forget no but put it aside for now, thand the Senju did it when they joined forces to create Konoha, that is pretty much what this flashback was about.

Yeah you can put that aside for now too, pretty much the same way the Leaf didn't do anything against the Sand for allowing themselves to be manipulated into attacking them. The only murder you can legitimately argue that Sasuke could really be held accountable for is Danzo, who had to be taken care of one way or another. Deidara, Orochimaru and Itachi were all S ranked criminals anyway. As has been mentioned before if he had returned to Konoha after fighting Itachi he would have been welcomed with open arms, plus as was also mentioned all the other people Sasuke has faced in battle were not killed, for example (http://www.mangapanda.com/93-348-3/naruto/chapter-343.html). Karin is not a character, I have no idea what she is or why she exists. The only use she seems to have is her chakra sensing abilities and the only other significant things she has done is letting Sasuke bite and stab her. Funny that both she and Orochimaru mentioned Sasuke stabbing them.

Yes the flip side, this was going to happen anyway. There is the Naruto-Gaara parallel, not to mention Naruto's single minded determination to "save" Sasuke to prove his way of the ninja. Naruto's many speeches about how he is going to change the ninja world and what it means to be a shinobi once he becomes Hokage, pretty much since Haku died. We knew this was going to happen as soon as we found out the truth about Itachi. I honestly expected some moving speech by the revived Itachi to be Sasuke's turning point but this works too and it is far more plausible than Naruto winning him over with his power of friendship BS. Seriously this isn't Mortal Kombat, you don't friendship someone after you beat them.
Might happen but you seem to be ignoring the fact that Sasuke's help, and through him Orochimaru and the freaking undead Hokages, will be the deciding factor in this battle. Something I think we all knew from the beginning of this war. That in itself would be enough for the shinobi to grant Sasuke amnesty, something Naruto has been campaigning for and saving the world kinda does trump everything else.

What I'm not believing is the growth Sasuke is showing right now. Between this change of heart and him killing Danzou, was his fight against Kabuchimaru (and the pep talk that came with it) and this flash back. In the face of an all consuming hatred and desire for vengence that lasted since he was a child, I find it unbelievably jarring, sorry. Not to mention, he killed a bunch of samurai during his assault on the alliance, and actually cost the Raikage his arm. The villages have been known to fuck each other up for less than that. The thought of what's coming next makes me squirm. Sasuke fighting hand in hand with Naruto, the whole alliance accepting it but with grumpy faces to show dissent, Sakura masturbating to the thought of Sasuke's return to the fold, it's just nasty. I need a to shower just thinking about it. If toonice's prediction comes true, that's bad too.

I'm not saying the way this was heading previously was that great either. But at least, the question of "How will Naruto deal with Sasuke now?" was interesting, even if I expected a shitty answer. With this, the question barely exists anymore. All of the build up surrounding Sasuke has just been squandered in a single chapter.

Y
Thu, 04-11-2013, 01:29 AM
It's completely believable that Sasuke would interpret the Hokage's stories under the aegis of his Itachi hero worship and end up protecting the village as a result. Sasuke's entire motivation is his screwed up relationship with his brother, first antagonistic, then with a kind of transcendent deification of his motives.

It would also be totally absurd right now if Sasuke was literally on board with annihilating the entire human race, no matter what his past transgressions are - transgressions that occuring during the throes of Uchiha Sharingan Brain Damage and while he was being emotionally manipulated by Obito. All is not forgiven, but there is simply no other choice besides moving against Obito and Madara at the moment.

I'd expect Sasuke to throw down with Naruto again as soon as Madara and Obito are defeated.

SilentSnake
Thu, 04-11-2013, 06:19 AM
After all the evidence put in front of Sasuke it's still surprising how much it took to make him realize something so obvious.

It's kind of satisfying, I admit, but at the same time it feels like "oh man, you're so slow for a genius child..."

Tbh, after all the incomprehensible decisions Sasuke made till now I was still expecting him to make up a silly excuse to crush Konoha.

Glad I was proven wrong ;)

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-11-2013, 11:20 AM
So its only me that thinks Oro is going to double cross everyone once he has removed Madara from the scene and finds he has his arms back and the four Hokage under his control?

Abdula
Thu, 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM
To what end? He seems to be mostly over his spat about Sarutobi rejecting him and choosing Minato as Hokage. He also seems to be over his Uchiha obsession which along with gaining immortality and learning every jutsu were his primary motivations. Plus he only has 3 of the hokages under his control and Tobirama only barely at that, Hashirama already broke free. Orochimaru isn't that much of a threat at this point. Besides I don't expect everyone to join hands and sing songs once this is all over but I expect there to be a big reorganization within the shinobi world similar to what happened when the village system was created.

@ Prof Chaos beat you by 3 minutes.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM
You forgot, the First was able to break free from Oro's control, and even seemed afraid of what he is capable of.

Confused_Yamato
Thu, 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM
I loved this chapter, though I must admit I didn't expect Sasuke to have a moment of clarity. Once again this goes back to Itachi saving the day by being able to offer Sasuke some closure, which is something Madara never had with his brothers. Still, I didn't expect Sasuke to play Vegeta to Naruto's Son Goku, but knowing that it's Kishi I should have. That or it's all a big trick.

Tofu #2
Thu, 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM

I'm inclined to agree, but I actually find it more unbelievable, that Karin appears out of nowhere and after being stabbed by Sasuke, and ordered to have killed, completely forgives him

Keno
Mon, 04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I actually believe Sasuke vs Naruto will still happen, but fighting for the title of Hokage maybe. Sasuke mentions he doesn't want Itachi's sacrifice go to waste, so he seems to want to preserve the village, and I don't think he'd just simply say, yea, keep running it you guys. I think he'll make a move to "conquer" it once this Madara/Obito thing is played out.

Or Orichimaru might finally take Sasuke's body after all this is done, and make him the final villain. With Naruto somehow trying to save him from within or something lame like that. I guess it depends if the manga is nearing the end or not. If it is, then the hokage fight seems to be the best possible scenario playing out. And oh god, please no co-hokages... *shivers* I'd call the series Sasuke after all is said and done if so.

I've read some comments around that the series might end with Chunnin exams and Naruto vs Sasuke fighting but that seems lame with their current power levels. Wouldn't seem like an all-out fight if so.

Carnage
Wed, 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM
No new chapter this week?

UChessmaster
Wed, 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Nop, it`s on a break.

yapchagi
Wed, 04-17-2013, 06:55 PM
anime is catching up with the manga and he's taking a break with manga?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 04-18-2013, 03:56 AM
Guy's gotta have a holiday at some point.