View Full Version : Upcoming Anime: Spring 2013

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-27-2013, 03:24 PM
In response to MFauli's request in the winter version of this thread:

http://i3.minus.com/iOwOD68llpOX4.jpg

vejita613
Wed, 03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Seed Destiny
DBZ special (I assume this is just a couple of episodes or something right?)
Hentai Ouji
Ore no Imouto
Hayate
Railgun
Maou-sama

edit: Need to add Yahari Ore no Seishun to that. Seems my schedule will be rather busy.

Atheist
Wed, 03-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Really looking forward to Shingeki no Kyojin!

MFauli
Wed, 03-27-2013, 08:47 PM
Thx for the thread. Letīs see:

- Photo Kano (if Iīm really bored. Sounds so unspectacular that it could go both bad or well)
- Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince (also a "so-so" choice. Might drop it quickly if ep1 isnīt great)
- Oreimo Season 2 (because Iīm looking forward to hating bitch #1 again)
- Shingeki no Kyojin (supposed highlight of the season. Other users compared it to Berserk. Have high expectations. Trailer looked awesome)
- Uchu Senkan Yamato 2199 (another scifi-anime. will give it a chance)
- Kakumeiki Valrave (ok, whats up with all those scifi-shows? looking into that one, too. sounds like a space opera)

As for movies, Iīm looking forward to Hanasaku Iroha.

But whatīs with all the missing stuff? No Hunter X Hunter? Space Brothers? Jojo? What about the third BERSERK-movie? Hope weīll get these, too.

Anyway, potentially great season. Yeah, Iīm surprised myself to be able to say that. Though, even if all else fails, as long as Kyojin and Oreimo doesnīt disappoint, I wonīt complain (... too much).

DarthEnderX
Wed, 03-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Why am I not surprised Japan would actually import MLP:FIM

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 03-27-2013, 09:19 PM
The bronies without borders probably yelled loud enough on one or more of the #chan sites to make the studios think its a good idea. Watch it be a good idea.

Edort4
Thu, 03-28-2013, 07:15 AM
At first sight all new series look like crap. Maybe that giants one is good but if I remember right the manga is boring and slow paced as hell so lets wait to see how do they animate it. If its something like 1.5 chapter per episode its better to waste your time nail polishing. Luck to all those with expectations in this season.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Link below to see larger version that is legible.

http://i4.minus.com/iboffq8nHImsOg.jpg

Belial
Fri, 03-29-2013, 01:05 AM
excited about: DEVIL SURVIVOR 2, Shingeki no Kyojin

will check out: Mushibugyou, Arata Kangatari

MFauli
Sat, 03-30-2013, 11:58 AM
For those who know more about these upcoming shows: Anything thatīs like to be talked about the way we did about Shin Sekai Yori this season? I love it when thereīs an anime thatīs both interesting to watch AND leaves enough room for speculation. I mean, other shows are nice, too, but what else can you post about a new Jojo-episode other than "so manly!" or "fucking awesome Nazis". :/

shinta|hikari
Sat, 03-30-2013, 09:08 PM
If they make it far enough, Shingeki no Kyoujin fits. I fear that they will only animate the action heavy parts of it though.

tnynyn
Sun, 03-31-2013, 11:31 AM
Looks like an awesome season. Lots of space animes :D

Shadow Skill
Mon, 04-01-2013, 01:31 PM
is that say DBZ specials + a movie?

DarthEnderX
Tue, 04-02-2013, 02:44 AM
All I know is Goku is fighting a kangaroo.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 04-02-2013, 06:23 AM
Sure that's not some sort of DBZ Yugioh version which coincidently resembles a Kangaroo?

MFauli
Tue, 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Anyone got the TV programme, showing on what days what anime is being shown? Also, exact starting dates? thx

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-02-2013, 02:39 PM
Anyone got the TV programme, showing on what days what anime is being shown? Also, exact starting dates? thx
You can't really be this stupid...

Read the chart. (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/22464-Upcoming-Anime-Spring-2013?p=527537&viewfull=1#post527537)

MFauli
Tue, 04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
You can't really be this stupid...

Read the chart. (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php/22464-Upcoming-Anime-Spring-2013?p=527537&viewfull=1#post527537)

no need to insult me.
Didnīt see the dates, BUT I remember there being a website last season that showed the whole week plan, making it way easier to see when what is being aired.

Ryllharu
Tue, 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Combine the chart with a calendar. Due to the shifting starting weeks (since the season starts in earnest on 4/3) it will be easier.

Protip: There is likely one on your PC desktop.

vejita613
Tue, 04-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Er, not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I always go to random curiosity for the dates and times:

http://randomc.net/2013/03/30/spring-2013-schedule/

MFauli
Wed, 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
thx, thats exactly it. and wtf, no hunter x hunter?!

David75
Sat, 04-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Tested like 10 shows.
Hataraku Maou-sama might be nice to follow if they do not screw up from ep 2

Aku no Hana is entirely different.
Rotoscopied people in semi-photographic drawings is a little difficult visualy at first. The atmosphere gets you quite uneasy.
Recognized that Baudelaire picture immediately, and so it was "Les fleurs du mal".
But the uneasyness I felt was more a mix of "Le spleen de Paris" (Baudelaire too) and "L'écume des jours" (Boris Vian), with a stronger emphasis on the second.
I wonder where they're headed with that show. At least they got some atmosphere. I just hope they don't screw it too much.

David75
Sun, 04-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Suisei no Gargantia:
Nice visual effects/animation/style.
SpaceManKind lauching all out attack against gigantic plants enemies, loses battle. One of the fighters misses docking procedure just as he's about to enter hyperspace and exits in an unknown place... called Earth -which his pals only knew from records-.

I guess the story will then proceed to the guy meshing with Earthlings, liking the place and all... but the plant enemies will somehow trace the distress signal or the hyperspace vortex energy signature at the exit and they'll come to the solar system... So he'll have to do something about it

Will check for more eps, This seems to be the flashy show of the season.

Ryllharu
Sun, 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM
While the opening sequence was quite flashy, the description seems to indicate that Gargantia is a slice of life kind of show, with the male lead integrating into this scavenger vessel culture despite only knowing how to fight. The first few minutes seemed to show that he was apprehensive about even taking leave or ending his period of service.

I liked the character designs quite a bit.

Kraco
Sun, 04-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Make a proper thread for it if you want to discuss it.