PDA

View Full Version : Game: [PC] Path of Exile

LaZie
Tue, 03-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. We're a small independent team of hardcore gamers based in New Zealand and have created Path of Exile as the game that we'd want to play ourselves. It is designed around a strong barter-based online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win". Path of Exile is currently in Open Beta! If you'd like to play, just create an account. http://www.pathofexile.com/

I've been playing it for a few days now and it is pretty similar to Diablo 2, not 3. Here's the trailer to the game if you want to see a video of how it plays. I play on the Americas server and feel free to add me if you wanna party up. The name is NiquidLitrogen or LaZie. Yes I have two accounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 04-16-2013, 06:46 AM
This game has, hands down, the deepest, most complex customization system I have ever seen in an arpg type game, and possibly have ever seen in any game. This depth and complexity actually matters a great deal to your play style. If you enjoy arpgs then you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not trying out this free-to-play game.

LaZie
Tue, 04-16-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm still playing it Uchiha_Barles if you're wondering, under a different name though. :P

shinta|hikari
Tue, 04-16-2013, 10:47 PM
What about the rampant hacking? I don't want to waste my time if all my stuff will get stolen.

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 04-17-2013, 07:03 AM
I went through the forums to check up on that and the consensus seems that the same defenses that work for other online games work for this one: have a strong password (15+ random characters including uppercase, lower case, numerical and special symbols), and watch your internet habits to avoid trojans and keyloggers. Personally, I use "Keypass" to manage my game passwords. Since you need to carry around a memory stick to access your games, the disadvantages and risk are obvious. However, you only need to know one password master password to access the pw database. Make that one simple and go nuts with every password you store in it. It has the added bonus that you'll almost never need to type the passwords you store in there, deballing any keyloggers you may already have.