PDA

View Full Version : Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE series

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-13-2009, 09:56 AM
1st Series Movie Remake Trailer (http://www.nanoha.com/yokoku_movie2.html)

Note: Thread comments may contain comparisons between the movie version of Nanoha and the original run, along with other Nanoha material. Readers should assume spoilers regarding the Nanoha universe in general.

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Heh, the whole movie looks like the climax of StrikerS when Nanoha blasts Vivio full force. Awesome. Nanoha's barrier jacket has mega man bracers though. It looks like they are going to put a bit more emphasis on the Fate/Prescia interaction too.

I'm also going to steal this from a related youtube video comment:

"I want to be...your friend."
The most terrifying words ever spoken in anime.

RyougaZell
Sun, 12-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Raising Heart now has a trigger as well. I thought that was added until the cartridge system.

Kraco
Sun, 12-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Doesn't look bad. The beginning of the glorious story of child labour and friendship beams.

Archangel
Tue, 11-30-2010, 10:10 PM
720p (h264): [Doki] Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 1st (LQ 1280×720 h264 BD AAC)

Torrent (http://doki.hologfx.com/torrents/Doki_Mahou_Shoujo_Lyrical_Nanoha_The_Movie_1st_LQ_ 1280x720_h264_BD_AAC_0717A3EB.mkv.torrent)

480p (h264): [Doki] Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 1st (LQ 848×480 h264 BD AAC)

Torrent (http://doki.hologfx.com/torrents/Doki_Mahou_Shoujo_Lyrical_Nanoha_The_Movie_1st_LQ_ 848x480_h264_BD_AAC_4F62EBFE.mkv.torrent)

Didn't feel like making a thread for this, this should do.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 11-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Awesome battles. I'm not sure but did this have more detail on Fate's past and back story than the first season did? It feels really fleshed out. That's about all there is to the movie.

Starlight Breaker always sends chills down my spine.

Kraco
Wed, 12-01-2010, 02:58 AM
The one and only thing that bothered me about this movie was that Nanoha's magical girl learning process was much easier in this movie and consequently, I'd say, her initial power difference with Fate looked much smaller. Even the time when she did lose was almost made to look like she didn't even try to put up a fight at all.

Fate was fully trained already when this story began, Nanoha hardly knew what a mage is. While Nanoha is the ace of aces, this still made Fate look unnecessarily weak. And made me even pity Teana of the future who was trying to convince herself that genetics isn't the only thing making a great mage.

I'm happy the number of henshin scenes was kept to minimum. And that Chrono didn't get one.

If I recall correctly there was some talk about the studio changing the device voices. I'm happy that didn't happen so that I could retain my old C&C vibes from them.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 12-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Fate still clobbered Nanoha the entire time. The only time Nanoha was able to get the upper hand was when in the final part of the final battle after she was able to withstand Fate's barrage. For the most part, Fate looked like she was schooling Nanoha. Fate also said that she was going easy on Nanoha the first few encounters.

Fate didn't look weak to me at all. She looked awesome when she dodged the boomerang shot without looking by simply tilting her head. Even Raising Heart told Nanoha that Fate is more advanced than her during the final battle. The only reason Nanoha won is because Starlight Breaker is such an imbalanced and absolutely awesome move. It doesn't even require the user to use (a lot of) their own magic so you can use it even when almost empty. It truly is the best finisher.

Kraco
Wed, 12-01-2010, 03:29 AM
I'm not referring to the last encounter at all because that was supposed to be the point where Nanoha already kicks more ass than Fate. I'm actually happy that fight looked as good as did. But in the first fight, like I said, it looked like Nanoha just tried to stay unharmed to talk to Fate. In the second fight Fate was hardly in any better condition than Nanoha but apparently had more willpower to go and seize the jewel (no wonder since she actually needed it for something, unlike Nanoha who was collecting them for a ferret not knowing what is even going to happen to them afterwards). After that even Chrono seemed to kick Fate's ass.

Well, I'm a hopeless Fate fan so there's really nothing you can say to convince me, haha.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Heh, I figured it would have something to do with Fate or a comparison about her, and when you said I might not notice it, I was convinced it was about Fate. I'm as much of a Nanoha fan as you are a Fate fan.

Nanoha was always remarkable not because of her rapid development (which in the original series TSAB crew also comment on when she created Starlight Breaker), but solely because of her absurd power. She's a beast of a magical girl. Even now in all the spinoffs, her capacity is only matched by Hayate. She isn't jokingly/lovingly nicknamed "The White Devil" because she's supposed to be weaker than most. Yuuno commented with amazement that she was a bombardment type when she shot the monsters. Their kind must be pretty rare on his planet, and probably indicates just how much power Nanoha has right from the start.

To be fair, Nanoha also developed her skills quite rapidly in the original series. She taught herself beam attacks by the second episode, met Fate on the fourth, and was a peer by the time they clashed in the city. That was shown by the clash of their devices in both the movie and the series. Fate wins in both, but it displays that Nanoha is already close behind. Nanoha trained in the park and by episode eleven, was blasting away with the best. She outclasses everyone quickly, she always has.

In the movie, she has the added advantage of Raising Heart being a bit smarter than it was in the first season, and image training during class instead of only after school. They made her device more like the tweaking it got from the TSAB in A's through StrikerS. Raising Heart was a bit simpler in the original.

I'm not so certain that some of the most powerful mages being born on Earth is a coincidence.

Yukimura
Wed, 12-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Woot! Finally I know somewhat of the story of the first season. I always thought the idea of the Nanoha franchise sounded cool but couldn't motivate myself through the early episodes of season 1 and shelved it before Fate was even introduced. Watching a 2 hour movie was right up my alley though and I think it was awesome. I did feel like I was missing a bit of the training grind but a montage and some imagination is enough to deal with that. She really did give Fate a massive friendship beam to the face though and that was probably my favorite part of the whole movie. Honorable mention goes to Precia's absurd sexy villain outfit that she apparently started wearing for no reason. I look forward to the season 2 movie but now that I'm past the initial training stages I think I'll give the TV version another shot.

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-01-2010, 06:47 PM
There is only one lingering thing that bothers me about the movie.

There was that one scene where Nanoha said she "understood now" and what she wanted to talk to Fate about, and it flashed to her crying on the couch, and crying in her bedroom. But there was another bed with two wreaths over it. It's a pain to find, but it is around the 59-60 minute mark.

They never explained it, I don't remember it from the original series, and I don't see any connection to it. This isn't Triangle Heart 3, all of her family is alive and well (Kyouya, Miyuki, her mother and father).

I wonder if the movie canon has Nanoha once having a second sister...

Stranger still, it looks like the cellphone on the nightstand (59:50) is the same one she is using now, so it probably wasn't a twin, but an older sister.

edit: I also liked the small touches from the original series, like Nanoha being slightly horrified that Lindy puts sugar and milk into her green tea when they first meet aboard the TSAB ship. Or the part where she's shocked that Yuuno is not really a ferret.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 12-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Any possible romantic development (even hints of it) between Yuuno and Nanoha was almost thrown away in the movie. This seemed lathered with yuri vibes, more so than the series (IIRC), not that I mind.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I might wait for a better release, or I can watch my Limited Edition BD that came with posters, calendars, cells and whatnot. :D

Kraco
Thu, 12-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Any possible romantic development (even hints of it) between Yuuno and Nanoha was almost thrown away in the movie. This seemed lathered with yuri vibes, more so than the series (IIRC), not that I mind.

Since it was made all but official in Strikers, I guess they adjusted even the past a little.

Though the real reason might have been the far more unromantic lack of time. Nanoha and Fate's relationship was the most important focus of this period, everything else needed to give in a little. I'm satisfied they did find some minutes for her mundane friends, though, making her look just as normal a kid as she was (aside from the huge latent potential).

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-03-2010, 08:22 AM
THORA-Commie - Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha_The_Movie_1st 720p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=177449) | 1080p (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=177378)

RyougaZell
Sat, 12-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Finally watched. Awesome from beginning to end. I loved the expansion of Fate's past, but I'm also a little dissapointed we didn't dwell on that scene from Nanoha's past.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Okay, watched. :D Awesome movie.

Fate still clobbered Nanoha the entire time. The only reason Nanoha won is because Starlight Breaker is such an imbalanced and absolutely awesome move

Too right. Starlight Breaker is simply NOT FAIR!! :o

In the movie, she has the added advantage of Raising Heart being a bit smarter than it was in the first season, and image training during class instead of only after school. They made her device more like the tweaking it got from the TSAB in A's through StrikerS. Raising Heart was a bit simpler in the original.

I thought that was a nice addition (adding "training mode" to the original "voice command only" Raising Heart") to speed up Nanoha's training 9along with the image training) so it didn't seem like she magically got stronger in such a small amount of time.

There was that one scene where Nanoha said she "understood now" and what she wanted to talk to Fate about, and it flashed to her crying on the couch, and crying in her bedroom. But there was another bed with two wreaths over it. It's a pain to find, but it is around the 59-60 minute mark.

They never explained it, I don't remember it from the original series

I think I remember that from the original series, but I can't say for sure. I'm very good at fabricating my own memories.

edit: I also liked the small touches from the original series, like Nanoha being slightly horrified that Lindy puts sugar and milk into her green tea when they first meet aboard the TSAB ship. Or the part where she's shocked that Yuuno is not really a ferret.

I noticed they changed Nanoha's ribbon from pink to white in this one (her school uniform one). Didn't really matter either way though. I had a bit more fun noticing what was different between the two tellings than what was the same, like the new attacks they gave Fate. (Zeus-style bolt/beam FTW!! That so should have wasted Nanoha more)

My main issue with the movie was how exactly did Alicia die? The building was completely intact, and even the kitten dog (apparently it's a kitten) survived - so she got done in by looking at it? Even Precia herself survived, and she was right where it happened.

I'm looking forward to the next movie editions, though I'm curious to see how StrikerS will get executed. There's a ton of characters in there, so they'll be hard pressed to please all their fans in such a short movie length.

Kraco
Fri, 12-17-2010, 06:01 PM
My main issue with the movie was how exactly did Alicia die? The building was completely intact, and even the kitten dog (apparently it's a kitten) survived - so she got done in by looking at it? Even Precia herself survived, and she was right where it happened.

Radiation. Some sort of magical radiation no doubt considering the location. Apparently harmful to mainly humans, maybe only humans with magical capabilities. Precia herself was a powerful mage and there might have been additional shieldings in place as well, explaining her survival. Or she just teleported out in time.

I don't really consider that an issue at all. I have handled enough radioactive material myself to accept such plot elements...

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Too right. Starlight Breaker is simply NOT FAIR!! :o

I noticed they changed Nanoha's ribbon from pink to white in this one (her school uniform one). Didn't really matter either way though. I had a bit more fun noticing what was different between the two tellings than what was the same, like the new attacks they gave Fate. (Zeus-style bolt/beam FTW!! That so should have wasted Nanoha more)
Never underestimate the White Devil. Never. Nanoha can take the punishment, and she will always overpower Fate. Nanoha is a bombardment type. Bombardment types are not glass canons like in every other series; they're the howitzers. They're both Aerial Mages, they both have a huge magical output (Nanoha moreso), but Nanoha is stronger at long range blasts.

Fate isn't the type of mage who can compete with Nanoha's type. She can destroy Nanoha in close combat, but when she tries to go for the longer range, long casting time finishers, she just can't compete.

Like Raising Heart said, they beat Fate with superior tactics. Nanoha, Raising Heart and Yuuno knew Nanoha's strengths, and developed them fiercely. Fate didn't fight the way she beat Nanoha earlier. She should have closed in and pressed her hard. She fought poorly, and Nanoha capitalized on it. Everyone in the franchise underestimates how much output Nanoha can produce and her range.

Earth-born mages are just better. Probably because they are so rare.

My main issue with the movie was how exactly did Alicia die? The building was completely intact, and even the kitten dog (apparently it's a kitten) survived - so she got done in by looking at it? Even Precia herself survived, and she was right where it happened.Looked like an unspecified kind of radiation (Neutron, hawking, who knows) to me. They were working on a reactor. There wasn't a scratch on the cat, nor was there any on Alicia. More importantly, there was no damage to the buildings. The rescue team was wearing hazmat suits. It looked like a magical explosion, but that's not necessarily the case.

Precia and the rest of the researchers no doubt had a shielded area or safe room in the facility for that kind of emergency. Any facility of that kind should have one.

edit: spent so long on the first part that Kraco beat me to the second part!

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I think Fate's attacks wasted Nanoha more than enough though. Her final divine buster probably used up her remaining magic. That's why Starlight Breaker is so unfair. You can go all out on the setup, and it only actually enhances the moves effectiveness.

Kraco
Fri, 12-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Like Raising Heart said, they beat Fate with superior tactics. Nanoha, Raising Heart and Yuuno knew Nanoha's strengths, and developed them fiercely. Fate didn't fight the way she beat Nanoha earlier. She should have closed in and pressed her hard. She fought poorly, and Nanoha capitalized on it.

Like Vivio's case in Strikers taught us, among other cases, Fate just isn't cruel and ruthless enough to defeat people with 100% efficiency. Nanoha, however, won't think twice. It's actually a bit funny Fate, who was the initial villain of a sort during this period, was far less violent and evil than the hero. Fate did what she did after having been driven into a corner but Nanoha by any reckoning did it simply because she wanted, could, and deemed it the best solution.

A White Devil indeed.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Starlight Breaker is totally fair. It's a huge spell requiring a very long casting time. Nanoha can get interrupted during the gathering phase at any time and it would all get dispersed again.

It comes down to tactics again. If Nanoha hadn't caught Fate in a bind, Fate could have stopped her.

It's of a class of magic that is done from the backfield. That's why Hayate has her four knights. She casts SS+ class magic, and her knights keep her foes at a distance (Vita, Signum) or bound (Shamal). All of Hayate's spells are that kind.

Like all true finishers, Starlight Breaker is extremely risky. It puts Nanoha at huge risk because she lacks that kind of support that Hayate has.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Radiation. Some sort of magical radiation no doubt considering the location. Apparently harmful to mainly humans, maybe only humans with magical capabilities. Precia herself was a powerful mage and there might have been additional shieldings in place as well, explaining her survival. Or she just teleported out in time.

I don't really consider that an issue at all. I have handled enough radioactive material myself to accept such plot elements...

Hmmm.. alright. I can live with that explanation.

Like Raising Heart said, they beat Fate with superior tactics.

I was under the impression that Nanoha said they were evenly matched in wisdom, tactics, magical output etc, and it came down to your desire to win be their friend. :p

I think Fate's attacks wasted Nanoha more than enough though. Her final divine buster probably used up her remaining magic. That's why Starlight Breaker is so unfair. You can go all out on the setup, and it only actually enhances the moves effectiveness.

I was talking more about battle-damage and crippling. I keep forgetting that magical attacks leave you physically unharmed. (Good thing too - Fate got to grow up all hot and scareless. :D )

I guess the barrier jackets getting blasted apart threw me off.

Starlight Breaker is totally fair. It's a huge spell requiring a very long casting time. Nanoha can get interrupted during the gathering phase at any time and it would all get dispersed again.

It comes down to tactics again. If Nanoha hadn't caught Fate in a bind, Fate could have stopped her.

I guess it's not fair in that only Nanoha can use it (until Teana came along anyway - but even that was a bit different).

Talking about Starlight Breakers just reminded me of one thing - this one didn't have the "Break.. SHOOOT! part in the middle. I can't remember if Nanoha had that in her original SB or if it was a later addition.

The other thing too about SB being "unfair" (at least in the particular fight in this movie) was that Nanoha had both arms bound and took that attack head on, while Fate shielded herself against both attacks and still lost...

Or why Fate's bind dissipated after the first attack while Nanoha's tied her in for both, if we consider the first two attacks even.

/me in Fate Imbalance Complaint Mode

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-17-2010, 10:34 PM
I guess it's not fair in that only Nanoha can use it (until Teana came along anyway - but even that was a bit different).Hayate knows the ins an outs of a Starlight Breaker (though she focuses on Ancient Belkan magics). Any linker core the book absorbed, which includes Nanoha's, gives Reinforce the knowledge to use those caster's spells. The original Reinforce used SB against Nanoha.
(I don't remember if it was a Mid-Childan circle or a Belkan triangle appearing when she cast it though.)

The other thing too about SB being "unfair" (at least in the particular fight in this movie) was that Nanoha had both arms bound and took that attack head on, while Fate shielded herself against both attacks and still lost...

Or why Fate's bind dissipated after the first attack while Nanoha's tied her in for both, if we consider the first two attacks even.

/me in Fate Imbalance Complaint Mode
Nanoha has a protection shield up in the movie if you look carefully.

Starlight Breaker is not unfair. Nanoha is just a hell of a lot stronger than Fate when it come to bombardment type magic. You need to accept this. Nanoha burned through Fate's Protection magic and barrier jacket with a sustained Divine Buster because she's just that much better. The SB was used to "knock down" Fate.

Fate is bad at that type of magic. She just won't ever win in ranged combat. Nanoha far exceeds even the most talented TSAB aerial mages at bombardment from her young age. Chrono doesn't hold a candle to her. Fate has to charge and prepare her Photon Lancer Phalanx Shift (s1, supplemented in the movie with Spark End). After all the flash and dust, it still doesn't compare to a Divine Buster, which is a near-instant attack. Lastly, don't forget that this is Nanoha at her weakest.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Nanoha has a protection shield up in the movie if you look carefully.

She does too. What the hell? /me adds to list

Starlight Breaker is not unfair. Nanoha is just a hell of a lot stronger than Fate when it come to bombardment type magic. You need to accept this.

I do. (not like I have a choice. :P). It's ... argh.

Lastly, don't forget that this is Nanoha at her weakest.

You mean as in lacking magical power towards the end of the fight? If so, that applies to both of them - both Nanoha's Divine Buster and Fate's shield were using their last drops by the end.

edit:

After that even Chrono seemed to kick Fate's ass.

He was supposed to. Chrono was stronger than either of Fate or Nanoha. Amy's analysis (from the series) showed that they both had more capacity than him though.

Now that I remember it, they specifically said that they needed to address the gaps in Fate's training (her defences in particular were really bad I think). Makes me feel better now. :)

Ryllharu
Sat, 12-18-2010, 06:44 AM
You mean as in lacking magical power towards the end of the fight? If so, that applies to both of them - both Nanoha's Divine Buster and Fate's shield were using their last drops by the end.No, I mean Nanoha only gets stronger and stronger from here, until she becomes the true White Devil. Fate gets better at close range magic with her Zanber forms, while Nanoha gains Excellion Modes for mid and close range, and later develops the Blaster system. Don't forget that Nanoha can draw enough power to hurt herself, so much magic output that her body can't handle it. Fate can't do that, or she's been subconsciously conditioned to not go past her limit. Everyone else passes out exhausted/drained before that would occur.

This (thus far) has culminated in her being able to produce a Divine Buster with the same strength as the SB she clobbered Fate with in the movie.

In the series, Amy and Chrono noted that Nanoha likely outclassed him, due to the absurd amount of magic she outputted.

fireheart
Sat, 12-18-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't know how much they're tied in etc but according to the manga of the movie Nanoha left the defense completely up to Raising Heart while she concentrated on regenerating her barrier jacket. Which at least is more of an explanation than the movie gave on how she managed to get through the attack.

As for Starlight Breaker I still love the part in A's when Reinforce uses it and Nanoha thinks they should be safe/gotten so far away that the Starlight Breaker won't be a big deal and Fate goes no we're not.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-18-2010, 07:40 AM
I don't know how much they're tied in etc but according to the manga of the movie Nanoha left the defense completely up to Raising Heart while she concentrated on regenerating her barrier jacket. Which at least is more of an explanation than the movie gave on how she managed to get through the attack.

As for Starlight Breaker I still love the part in A's when Reinforce uses it and Nanoha thinks they should be safe/gotten so far away that the Starlight Breaker won't be a big deal and Fate goes no we're not.

Have you got a link or reference point (chapter and/or episode number)?

I'd love to check them out.

fireheart
Sat, 12-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Have you got a link or reference point (chapter and/or episode number)?

I'd love to check them out.

Enjoy

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_movie_1st_the_comics/c013/

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Enjoy

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_movie_1st_the_comics/c013/

Thanks!

edit: The distorted chibi expressions in this are hilarious. :D

Btw:

They never explained it, I don't remember it from the original series, and I don't see any connection to it. This isn't Triangle Heart 3, all of her family is alive and well (Kyouya, Miyuki, her mother and father).

I think I remember that from the original series, but I can't say for sure. I'm very good at fabricating my own memories.

Fireheart's manga link covers that one in more detail (and turns out to be the same reason that was covered in the original series)

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha_movie_1st_the_comics/c011/

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-19-2012, 06:06 AM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4228/10173499ag.jpg
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10173499

Coming soon?

:D

Marik
Sat, 02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
^ In response to the movie poster above...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UmfE1aFgne0

The official website for Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's, the second film in the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha franchise, began streaming the film's first teaser trailer on Saturday. The website also confirmed the film's opening day — July 14 — and listed the participating theaters, the special bonuses that are being sold with tickets, and the characters.

The movie will be a sequel to Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st which opened in 2010. That film was a retelling of the first series, and creator Masaki Tsuzuki emphasized that it was a "new parallel history."

Update: Starting on Saturday, each ticket can be bought with one of three different A2-sized clear posters (Nanoha, Fate, or Hayate) drawn by character designer Yasuhiro Okuda at Animate stores, or with one of three other A2-clear posters (also of Nanoha, Fate, or Hayate) illustrated by Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid manga artist Takuya Fujima. In May, Gamers will offer each ticket with a booklet of drawings created by popular illustrators in support of the film. Then in June, Gamers will sell a ticket with one of three sound-emanating Speacot mascot figures (Nanoha, Fate, or Hayate).

Starting on March 17 at the theaters, people can buy a ticket that is attached to an A3-sized metal poster with printed signatures of voice actresses Yukari Tamura and Nana Mizuki. Finally, the Circle-K and Sankus convenience stores will offer each tickets with one of two different Nendoroid Petit charm sets starting on March 22.

Kraco
Sat, 02-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Didn't look bad. Though Fate looked a few years older than Nanoha in the meeting scene...

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-25-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm mildly surprised they're reusing Eternal Blaze rather than give Mizuki Nana a new song to sing like they did with the 1st movie.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm mildly surprised they're reusing Eternal Blaze rather than give Mizuki Nana a new song to sing like they did with the 1st movie.

Only mildly yeah. Eternal Blaze being her most popular and personally my favourite Nanoha song, it makes sense to stick it in there.

I'll still be expecting a new insert song though.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-21-2013, 05:38 AM
[HorribleSubs] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 2nd [720p].mkv (http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=download&tid=415325)

Kraco
Fri, 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
I liked this movie a lot. I can't say I'd be particularly missing the betrayal plot from the series either. That's actually the only thing I do recall that's really missing from this. The visuals were splendid (the token unnatural looking CGI dragons aside), and the direction was especially successful in my opinion, even if Nanoha and Fate's henshin scene was unbelievably long after they got their powers back. The sad scenes managed to be sad, which is always a good indicator of success.

Very much worth watching. Always a pleasure to listen to the Belkan German as well.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 04-01-2013, 05:49 AM
I thought this movie was alright. Naturally it didn't have all the bonding and developing time that the A's series got during its run, but if I consider that it had to be done within 2.5hrs, it's well done. What I missed was the way Linker Cores were absorbed. Thrusting your hand through someone's chest was simply more powerful than absorbing your power. You feel that someone was violated and had something important removed, instead of just giving blood or something.

There's also my favourite "Takomachi Nantoka" quote they missed out. It could have been used wisely when Vita called out to Nanoha in their frontline attack.

I did greatly enjoy the variety of moves Fate got in this movie. She only had a handful (like.. 3 max) of sword moves in the original - and that's counting StrikerS. Even better is the fact that she can use it like a beam weapon so she doesn't feel too upstaged by Nanoha (who correctly claims that her defence is superior. Power-output superiority is already established).

While I easily recommended the First movie over the original series, I can't recommend Movie Second over the original A's series in the same manner. It'd be a tough choice.