PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 702

Marik
Tue, 03-19-2013, 04:15 AM
MangaPanda (http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/702)

Death BOO Z
Tue, 03-19-2013, 10:52 AM
I just realized that this old man reminds me of Scar from FMA....

FelixZeroAlastor
Tue, 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Could Luffy eat that fruit and have two abilities (assuming it isn't fake)?

LaZie
Tue, 03-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Unless some miracle happens, he would blow up into pieces.

Archangel
Tue, 03-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Budokai tournament arc incoming.

kyubisrage
Wed, 03-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Could Luffy eat that fruit and have two abilities (assuming it isn't fake)?

Yes, Didnt Black beard do it and its because he is a D as well

Assertn
Wed, 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, Didnt Black beard do it and its because he is a D as well
They never clarified, although they did imply that his ability to consume two fruits was something independent of his darkness power. It would actually be very exciting to see Luffy become a fire logia, though even if he doesn't we can safely assume someone will be during this arc.

Archangel
Wed, 03-20-2013, 04:12 PM
They never clarified, although they did imply that his ability to consume two fruits was something independent of his darkness power. It would actually be very exciting to see Luffy become a fire logia, though even if he doesn't we can safely assume someone will be during this arc.
Can we? This might all still just be a hoax.

Assertn
Wed, 03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Can we? This might all still just be a hoax.

Hoax? Just look at the texture of the fruit. Totally a fire fruit.

Carnage
Wed, 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM
I think Arch means Oda is baiting us and there will be an unexpected result in noone we know succesfully eating the fruit.

My prediction is that either Zoro will eat it, or somehow feed it to one of his swords. Too much foreshadowing in him wanting to learn how to cut fire last arc, and also that one time he took out Mr. 5.

Assertn
Thu, 03-21-2013, 02:45 PM
My prediction is that either Zoro will eat it, or somehow feed it to one of his swords. Too much foreshadowing in him wanting to learn how to cut fire last arc, and also that one time he took out Mr. 5.

I had thought of that, but I don't know how Luffy would feel about it considering it's his brother's power.

Carnage
Thu, 03-21-2013, 04:34 PM
I had thought of that, but I don't know how Luffy would feel about it considering it's his brother's power.

That would make sense, but really we dont know because its Oda. Seems like too much foreshadowing gone to waste.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 03-21-2013, 04:38 PM
It would be cool for Zoro or Sanji to eat it, but we still need them as is to rescue those who fall in the water. I can picture Nami to compliment her use of weather.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-21-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm rooting for the sword solution. we have yet to see a logia\parmacita weapon.

UChessmaster
Thu, 03-21-2013, 07:37 PM
If he`s trying to learn how to cut fire, why would he (or his sword) get the fire fruit? logic dictates someone ELSE will get it and Zoro will end up fighting this person so he can put his fire cutting skills to use.

Assertn
Fri, 03-22-2013, 03:44 AM
That would make sense, but really we dont know because its Oda. Seems like too much foreshadowing gone to waste.

Zoro can still learn how to cut flame without the fire fruit. Obviously, the samurai dude is able to do it without a fruit.

Carnage
Fri, 03-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Zoro can still learn how to cut flame without the fire fruit. Obviously, the samurai dude is able to do it without a fruit.

Of course, but it would be a nice touch.

If he`s trying to learn how to cut fire, why would he (or his sword) get the fire fruit? logic dictates someone ELSE will get it and Zoro will end up fighting this person so he can put his fire cutting skills to use.

By the same token, why would Oda waste the fire fruit on someone who's going to get ousted by Zoro this very arc? Unless it goes to Don Flamingo.

Archangel
Fri, 03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
If we're throwing crazy ideas out there, Sanji already has experience with fire techniques.

Assertn
Fri, 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Of course, but it would be a nice touch.

By the same token, why would Oda waste the fire fruit on someone who's going to get ousted by Zoro this very arc? Unless it goes to Don Flamingo.

Actually, could be a legitimate excuse for Zoro to learn how to cut fire.
Still wouldn't be happy if the fire fruit went to some random henchman, though.

UChessmaster
Fri, 03-22-2013, 02:28 PM

So that he can give a "power up" to Zoro, and the fruit is also used as a plot to move the story so it`s not wasting anything.

poopdeville
Fri, 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
I vote for Nami. She's pretty weak right now, and it would complement her skills. Plus, she could grow up a bit if she trained to make big fire and weather.

Luffy would make sense too, if his haki lets him stop the bad effects of two DF. That's plausible, since the conqueror's disposition negates DF powers. Maybe he can target it on himself, permanently. In other words, he would just be that bad ass.